the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deception

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Deception  Empty Deception

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:38 am

Imagine living here-
Deception  28485008-1
You’re an islander. You live under the rule of King Gavin and his wife Maira. They are royalty.
The system is corrupt.
You know this. Everyone knows this. But as long as you not pulled into the turmoil, you keep your mouth shut and go on your merry way. Why? You value your life. But fate brought you to The City of Stone, home of the royals and the rich.
Deception lurks beneath the glamour. Tread carefully, one wrong move means death.
Where do your loyalties lie?

Arwen was just an average islander. An average islander with an unwanted, hidden bloodline. When it all comes to light, she's thrown into a world of royalty, politics, and hidden agendas.
Her slave, Jessi, is an outsider. A foreigner. Brought to the island as a child and enslaved to royal bloodline, she just wants one thing- to blend in.
When Arwen can't be controlled, she flees the city with a price on her head. Deep inside the forbidden center of the island holds the key to her survival and the answers they all seek.

You’re just an islander.
You don't agree with how things work. Or maybe you do. Regardless, circumstances haven't left you with much leeway- you have to take a side.
You can to turn the other way and live life as you always have, you can fight back, or you can become the hunter. Your choice.

Setting-

Look up. That's the island. I will prob info dump you more with better pics later, but until then know this- it is fricken big.
Imagine an Indian type village. Now expand it, making it spread out and split into more villages. Each village has a slightly different culture, but they are all under one rule. This unity is essential to everyone's survival.
Each village is self sufficient to some degree, but each relies on one and other.
For example- the village on flat land farms. The village by the sea fishes. The village by the rock mines. Without each village’s vital attribuation- there’s no way they could survive on this island. War would kill them all. Unity is essiental.
Weather-
It’s a Caribbean type setting. Connect the dots. One down side to the land is that when it rains, it causes flooding in the middle. It’s this flooding though that makes the soil furtle and farming possible. So it’s not that bad a thing. Just be careful- there are mud slides.
The islanders-
Picture animal skin type clothing. Cotton material is rare and far between. The few bit of spots that are farmable are used for food.
It’s almost a rudimentary type society. No horses. No cars. Everything is done on foot.
The royalty might have a tamed boar or two to pull their carage. But that is RARE. It’s a fricken BOAR after all.
Bows are the most common weapons. Daggers are always on a nearby person.
Olive skin and darker hair are most common. Pair that with brown eyes and you've got your run of the mill islander. To deviate from these traits requires outside blood. Which I will go into now.
Outsiders-
There is an elite, prized group of warriors that venture from the island from time to time. When they return, their numbers are diminished but they possess captives.These captives range in appearance, but pretty much any Caucasians will fit the bill. They are usually young and easy to control. They are sent to the palace as slaves and are looked down upon / discriminated against. Also take note, there aren't many of them. They are hard to acquire, given what it takes.
The center of the island-
It’s a mystery. Enough said.
Rumors of man eating cannibles float around about the place. Coinidently, it is also home of the boars. Which is what makes hunting and killing one so… rare and prized.
Most who venture in never come back out.

This is based off a book idea Bells and I are fiddling with. We just want to see how it may play out. We may use your charries in the book, if they fit. So if you're okay with this let us know? With that being said, this is just as much Bells CC as mine. Please listen to her as well.

Character Sheet
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Appearance-
Personality-
Small background (whether or not they are from the city and which side they are on)-

Rules-
You must ask to join. It's called edict, please up hold it. If you don't, I will just remove your bio.
No Power Playing.
Try to keep it gender neutral. I won't kill ya for it though.
Bells and I have the right to remove anyone from the cc if we see fit.
HAVE FUN

Last edited by Ella Rose on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Deception  Empty Re: Deception

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Arwen
"We're here, M'lady," the small-eyed guard told me, glancing up and offering a rough hand to lead me off my borrowed horse.
"Arwen," I whispered, staring up at the tall, foreboding marble gates of the city's entrance, "My name is Arwen." I ignored his hand, sliding off the fine mount, the finest I've ever seen, and landing lithely on the the balls of my feet, ignoring a rock as it dug into the bare skin.
"Whatever you say, M'lady."
I gritted my teeth. "Arwen."
"Right." He started forward, his animal skin sandles flapping up a trail of dirt as he walked away, oblivious to my narrowed eyes.
I sighed, watching his bald head disappear into a crowd of oogiling on lookers.
I squirmed, ducking behind curly, chestnut locks. They were staring. I hated it.
I tugged nervously on my fading, bear skin skirt, starting forward after the guard as he left me running to catch up. Gee, aren't we're going to get well.
Sigh.
He brought me through giant, marble halls.
Marble.
As in the rock. A house built out of rock and not reeds? It seemed better fit as for the Gods, not me.
Servants dressed in their own set of animal skins drifted behind me, carrying in the small amount of things that made up my life. They looked better dressed than me. But at least I had my freedom.
Three weeks ago, I was helping my friends mine coal and hunt seals. Now... Now I'm myself in the stone city itself, going to meet the King and Queen of *insert island name here*.
I was just called for a visit. But as I glanced back at the runsacks carrying my few and only possessions, I couldn't help but to wonder if more was intended by this summoning.
My worried thoughts were interrupted however as the short bald man opened big, shinny oak doors and uttered one dreaded phrase- "Your royal highness, Princess Arwen."

Last edited by Ella Dahlia on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Jessi

I stood quietly to the side of the room, keeping my head ducked as we were taught. My hands clasped lightly together I chanced a quick glance at the door while waiting for the princess's arrival.
I knew what was going to happen, there was no other reason for the king and queen to summon a lowly servant to the thrown room. No, not a servant, that implied you owning yourself. A lowly slave.
"She'll be here soon." Murmured the queen, and I was certain I wasn't supposed to hear.
"Yes, she shall."
I shivered, the tone of their voices not very promising. I knew that many servants, key word being servants, loved the queen and king. They even adored them. They didn't see what I saw.
I was one of the few, the privileged, to be called upon to service them from time to time. Not only did I despise them, but I envied them. So many subjects in awe, not one of them guessing the cruelness that sat just beneath the surface of their calm demeanor.
"Your royal highness, Princess Arwen."
As the words echoed around the hall I couldn't help but wince, fixing my skirts and chancing a glance at the princess myself. Only allowing myself a second I quickly dropped my eyes again, letting mouse brown hair fall around my face.
"Welcome, welcome." The queen called out, her voice removing the silence that had coated the room. "You're here at last."
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Arwen
Yes, here at last, I thought dryly. Why was she implying I had a /choice/ in the matter? I didn't. Not if you count that pigged nose, bald guard marching up to my small hut and demanding I depart at once- No. I had no choice. Marie and Appa, my caretakers, begged for a delay. We knew one day I'd be called open to visit my aunt and uncle, but now? And if I didn't want to visit my mysterious realitives in the stone city? Did anyone think of that?
No, of course not. No delay was given. We left in the cover of the night. I swear, he would have packed my belongings himself if I refused.

I forced a small smile on my face, peeking out from my long, tangled hair. It's not exactly like hygiene was possible during our two week trek. Travel was rough, here on the island.
I stared up at the fine hall, then to royals themselves, dressed in their fine garb and cleanly bathed. I stuck out like a sore thumb.
Suddenly self-conscious, I gave a wobbly bow. "Queen Miara, King Gavin. Thank you for inviting me to home."

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:08 pm

Jessi

I stared at my feet, trying to ignore the sense of dread I felt building inside of me. I knew what was coming, and I knew there was no way for me to avoid it. Yet, I wished I had a choice. I would choose to go home, to be free. Not to work for some probably stuck up princess.

But I was a slave.

Or, even if I couldn't go home, I wouldn't be what I am. I would be one of them. Not a slave owner, no not that. One of the court. Wear the pretty dresses, go to the balls and dance with all the noblemen. I would be wanted, courted. I would be not just free, but important.

But again, I was a slave.

"No need to thank us Arwen, we should have brought you home long ago. Please, have a seat." The queen said, her voice continuing in that tone that seemed sweet, but I learned long ago was concealing some kind of scheme.

She gestured towards a chair, I noticed as I glanced up at them, hoping no one would notice my curious look. I quickly ducked my head once again, knowing the consequences of disobeying the ways of the court.

"How was your journey? Good I hope?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:47 pm

I sat, almost like a puppet on strings. I mean... It's not like I really had a choice in the matter. So I just...obeyed.
Something told me obeying would make my life a lot easier here.
Well.. visit, I mean.
This was a visit after all. Not a perminate stay. That's what they told me.
I don't belong here, clearly.

I blinked, registering the soft cushion in the back of my mind.
... What comfortable seats they have here.
I glanced around, finally noticing the fine furniture that decorated the room.
They all looked so... magnificent. Better for gawking at than actually sitting in. I really hope I didn't... break it or anything.
I blinked, looking back up at her at her next question.
"Good," I lied, not wanting to seem ungrateful. "Long, but good."
I knew it was now my turn to initiate conversation, but I had no clue what to say.
I mean, what do you say to long lost royal relatives who pull you out of your house in the middle of the night? Nothing? Nothing that would put me on good terms with them, at least.
"..."
Awkward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:47 pm

I continued to study my feet as the queen sighed, murmuring something softly to the king before speaking again. "That's very good, I would have hated to hear that you're journey was unpleasant."

Then I heard the fateful words, glancing up quickly and approaching the center of the room.

"We have a gift for you, Arwen. It came to our attention that you have no servants, this will not do. So we arranged for this girl's papers to be signed over to your name."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:56 pm

I sputtered, staring at my aunt, then the small girl they called my 'present'.
"Wh-what?"
A person as a present? Was she crazy?
What was I suppose to say to that? Thank you?

I shuffled my feet, scooting to the edge of my feet, uncomfortable to say the least.
"That's not necessary. Really. I can take care of myself just fine."

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:20 pm

I stared at my feet, doing as I'd been taught and not daring to look into the princess's eyes.

"No, you are in need of a lady's maid, and the girl is a very good slave. She does as told, and seemingly never talks back. Therefor, she would be perfect for one who has never had a slave, or servant, before." The queen said, her tone dissmissive, as if there was nothing left to discuss in this situation.

"Now, you should rest, you've had a long journey. She will show you to your rooms, and we will meet again for dinner later today. Rest well."

That was my que, without looking up I gave a small curtsy in the queen's direction then started towards the door.

Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:35 pm

I flailed, staring between the girl and my aunt and uncle.
I stood, a bit overwhelmed as I started after the girl, quickening my pace till I was by her side.
Tense silence. Really tense silence. What did I say? Do?
She was my... slave? As in.. bounded to me?
Wasn't that... wrong?

I dared a peek at her, exceedingly curious.
"...I'm Arwen..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:50 pm

I hesitated, trying to figure out what Princess Arwen wanted, then decided to give a small nod of thanks for the introduction. Turning at the end of the hall I started down the next, keeping tack of where we were in relation to the rooms in my head.
That was one of the few reasons I was a valuable slave, my sense of direction. Not many could navigate the Stone City as easily as I, or at least the castle, as quickly as I had learned it.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Quiet. No response. Not a name, a hello. Nothing.
Sigh.
Was everyone here this cold?
Already I found myself yearning for my small village in the plains. Already I missed my Anya and Appa (maybe the word for mother and father? though she means it in the metaphorical sense. she misses her caretakers). I missed my small room. The friendly faces. I missed knowing everyone's face and them knowing mine.
Already, I did not like it here.
I kept my pace matched to hers, staring around me in awe.
How could one house be so big? Already I was lost.
It was a bit unnerving. I could navigate the plains and even the woods easily. But this place.... I had no clue how to get out. This strange, quiet girl apparently knew where she was going. Let's just hope she doesn't... decide to abandon me or something.
It would be nice to know her name.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:26 pm

((Sorry I haven't been able to reply much, in three days I'll be free of all of this junk I've been doing, and be able to reply more often. *feels guilty* ))

I finally stopped in front of two tall wooden doors, my eyes studying the ground as I pushed open the door, doing a small curtsy. Best to be polite to my new master.

"You're room Princess."

Stepping out of the way I as I was supposed to do I keep my head bowed, not daring to enter the room till she did. That, in most places, could get a slave beaten. It was a liberty taken that wasn't to be given, as if saying you were better than the one behind you. No, I must wait till my master has entered the room, then I may enter.

I didn't need another visit to the headmaster.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Room? It was bigger than my house!
I stayed at the threshold for a long moment, staring into the space with wide eyes.
"M- /my/ room?" I asked, stepping past her and twirling, taking in the space.
So much... furniture. I mean... really. And was that a fire place? I had a fire place in my room?
Whoa.
I stopped mid twirl, eyes falling to what I assumed to be my bed. Or... beds, to be more accurate.
It was ginormous.
Alright, so maybe I didn't have multiple beds. But I might as well of. The number of people it would of fit...
A small, childish smile broke out across my face and I found myself running, jumping onto it.
Alright. Maybe this visit wasn't going to be too bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:11 pm

>.> I always forget to respond to the '()'s'
*sits on* It's fine ^.^ *hands pickle*

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:06 am

I nodded a smile almost finding my lips, almost.
"Yes Miss, its yours." I said, looking down at the ground as was proper. "Your belongings will be found and brought to you soon, if you brought any with you. No doubt the queen is planning on providing with new clothing, and most likely everything else as well."
With that said I hesitated, then gave a small curtsy.
"If the princess needs nothing else........."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:27 am

I blinked, quickly sitting up from the plush bed and staring at the girl.
"You aren't leaving, are you?"
Alright, as if I haven't been through enough mind bendness events lately, now they want to leave me alone in this place.
This room was bigger than my house. It was..big.... and empty... and scary...
I miss my Appa...
I didn't know the girl; I didn't know anyone here. But I really didn't want to be alone right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:37 am

I hesitated, then gave another curtsy, not one to argue with the wants of the nobels.
"Not if you don't wish me to." I said, glancing around the room quickly, to see if anything needed done.
"Would you like a fire?" I murmured after a moment, "The stone tends to make the rooms cooler at night, and its close to nightfall now."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:42 am

I blinked, suddenly wondering if she was staying because she wanted to, or staying because she was obligated to.
I really didn't like this whole 'bound' to me thing. I mean... wouldn't you rather a friend out of loyalty, then a friend out of commitment? We're weren't friends, heck, I didn't even know her name. But it was the same.
How many people here would be nice to me out of commitment? How can I tell who my true friends are?
Oi, the head ache.

"Oh, right. Yeah."
I slid off the bed with out thought, walking to the fire place and gathering logs to use, mulling over my perdicument.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:55 pm

My eyes widened in amazement, and shock. "My Lady, you mus'nt!" I exclaimed, hurrying to take the logs from her hands. "It isn't of your rank to trouble yourself with such."

Quickly kneeling next to the fireplace I took the logs princess Arwen had gathered and placed them in the the area. "Go sit my Lady, I'll tend to the fire as is my job."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:04 pm

I stared down at her, flabbergasted. "I can do that..." I reasoned weakly, " I'm not ill."
I stepped back, feeling uncomfortable just standing there while she did all the work.
So /this/ is the point of a slave?
But... I can do this myself... Ive managed just fine up till now.

"what's your name?" I asked softly, offering her a hand up once she was done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:14 pm

I hesitated, looking at her and, then at mine black with soot from preparing the fire. "Jessi my lady, " I began, not taking her hand. "I'm sorry, I wouldn't want to dirty you..." I murmured, then helped myself up. Examining her clothing, I pursed my lips slightly.
"Do you have any finer clothing my lady?" I inquired, looking down as taught. "The queen will no doubt provide you with attire more suitable for the court, but do you have anything that will do till then? I would wash this for you."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:20 pm

I blinked, looking down at my groody, torn clothing with a blush. "Um, yes... In my trunk."
I turned my gaze back to the room, looking around the ginormous space for my few, precious belongings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:29 pm

I nodded, quickly locating where her bags had been placed as I dusted my hands off on my dress. "Does my lady have a preference on what she wears?" I asked, walking over to pick up her bags, placing them on the bed. "Or shall I choose for her?"

I didn't know the princess's preferences yet, so it was better to ask than to risk a mistake, and a whipping later.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:29 pm

I quickly made my way next to her, stroking my bag, briefly lost in memory before opening the nearest one, searching through the thin pack.
"yes, my sheep skin skirt. It's pale, a bit worn out," I recited mindlessly, coming across my favored dagger and pulling it out, stroking it before hugging it to my chest.
I missed home already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum