the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deception

2 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Deception  - Page 2 Empty Re: Deception

Post by Bells Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:36 pm

I stared at her, eyes wide as she stroked the dagger.
"My lady, why do you have that?" I asked, shocked. "That's not something that a princess should own, you have people to take care of all of that for you." Hesitating I tucked my hands behind my back, as if to show I wouldn't take it from her.
"You should rid yourself of that, before the queen sees."
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:43 pm

"there are people to do everything for me, isn't there?" I replied dryly, pocketing the old, obdisien(sp?) blade before she could further protest.
"and besides, Who says she has to know?" I questioned, maybe a tad sharply.
I hadnt spoken to my aunt before. Nothing outside of a yearly letter, but from the little I've seen of this place, I was already dreading it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:46 pm

My eyes widened even further if possible as I lowered my head, keeping my hands tucked behind my back. "No one my lady, I wouldn't tell a soul my lady. My apologies for speaking out of turn."
Oh please, I thought feverantly in my mind. Oh please let her not be angry. I knew slaves who'd been beaten for less than this.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:55 pm

I doubletaked, taking in her timid expression. "out of turn? No, you're fine. Just... Let's keep this between you and me, hm?" My fingers brushed the blade, nErvously making sure it was still there before I pulled it out, running It through my dust filled hair.
"Jess, once i find my skirt, may i bath? It's been a while..." I dwindled off, suddenly self conscious again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:18 pm

I nodded meekly, taking a step back as I watched her with careful eyes. This princess was strange, she had plenty of reason to punish me, and yet all she asked for was a bath.

"Yes my lady, I'll go draw one up right now if you' like." I murmured, trying to sound as repentant as possible.

That said I backed up, waiting for her okay that I could leave.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Draw me one up? But I'm perfectly capable of- oh... so that's what they use slaves for.
...How ridiculous.
"No need," I sighed, picking up my change of clothes and turning to her. "Show me where it is, I'll do it myself."

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:18 pm

I frowned, a bit of shock registering on my face.
"No." I exclaimed, eyes wide. "You mustn't! A princess isn't to preform such tasks as-"
I broke off, realizing I was telling the princess what she could and couldn't do. Flinching slightly I dropped to a knee, letting my hair fall around my face.
"...I-I I'm sorry ma'am. I don't mean to offend."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:21 pm

I stared at her in shock. Offend me? How in the world would that offend me? Maybe annoy me slightly... she really needed to stop calling me a princess. But annoy me? God, no.
"..."
I offered her a hand up. I hated seeing her kneel to me like that.
"I hate to know your last owners if they raised you to think /that/ was offensive."

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:26 pm

I stared at her hand for a moment, relief flooding into me as I hesitantly took it. Immediately after I was on my feet once again I drew my hand, back, eyes dropping to my feet as I considered this strange girl.
"...I belonged to the castle." I offered after a moment. "Not yet sold after being brought back and offered as a prize to the king and queen. They kept me, and the head mistress oversaw my training. I've long worked for visiting nobles."
I wasn't sure what to tell her, so I figured this information would do nicely. She confused me, and I wanted to continue on her good side as I seemed to be currently.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 pm

I frowned, not liking how so spoke so causally of her unfair treatment. I bit my lip and clung to my change of clothes, closely examining her.
She was /mine/. This /person was given to me as a gift and I couldn't refuse it without publicly snubbing my dear aunt. The very thought of gifting a person made me feel sick. It wasn't right. I wanted to apoligize but I wasn't sure it was safe. My caretakers warned me about the ears in the castle. So I settled for the closest thing to one- a compliment.
"Your eyes are very pretty. I've never seen a pair that color before..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:44 pm

I just stared back at her, confusion settling over my mind. My eyes weren't pretty. They were a mark of how I was different. Show'd who I was, and why I couldn't be one of the court. How I wish-
No, I shouldn't think of that. Dreams are for children, and I may be young, but I outgrew childhood long ago.
"... thankyou.," I murmured finally. "Shall.. shall I draw your bath now?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:46 pm

I sighed, giving a slight incline of my head.
"... If it would make you feel better... okay. Show me where it is?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Make me.. feel better...?
She certainly was strange. No one had ever cared what I felt before. Not one of the nobles, or even Mistress.
"... okay."
Carefully not looking up at her, I walked over to the door and opened it for the princess, careful not to step out before she did, holding it wide enough I knew she could easily step though.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:01 pm

I glanced at the door then hesitantly stepped through, staring around, once again, at the marvelous hall way before me.
"...Whoa." I breathed, looking to her for direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:52 pm

I ducked my head, hiding a small satisfied smile at her awe of the place. After all, one of my main jobs, after helping visiting nobles had been to help clean the castle.
"...this way." I murmured, leading her to the bath cambers and pulling a chain above one of the tubs that happened to have a door into it's part of the chamber.
"How hot, m'lady?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:57 pm

I continued staring around in awe. So many rooms! And a room /just/ for a tub? I was one of the few fortunate in my small village to /have/ a tub. And even then it was only separated by a screen near the fire. Not that it was often used, anyway. Heating the water took ages. I preferred the stream. "Hm? Oh, don't worry about that. I'll make make with cold." I placed down my clothing, exploring the area curiously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:00 pm

I hesitated, then bit my lip as I spoke out again.
"Ma'am, I don't want you to get sick..." That wouldn't reflect well on me at all. Mistress would beat me. But I couldn't tell her that.
"I..I'll put a little warm water in. " Pulling the chain I watched as the steaming water fell from a pipe extended out above one side of the tub.
Then I let go, and bowed my head again, waiting to be told I'd made the last mistake, and she was going to punish me.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:02 pm

I turned, watching the water pour out of a strange opening with wide eyes. "H-how..." I glanced up at the chain and gave it a small tug myself, only to jump back with a squeak as water came out of the opening. "What the!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:06 pm

My eyes flickered up, and I couldn't help the small smile that tugged on the side of my mouth.
"It's piping that brings hot water to warm your bath, it keeps you from catching a chill."
That said I walked over to the shelves on the side of the room and proceeded to pull soap and sponges from the shelve and stack them next to the tub. I bit my lip again as I approached her.
"If you wish, I can help you prepare for your bath."
After all, that was my job.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:07 pm

I stared at the water, daring to dip my toes in. "It's warm!" I exclaimed, barely hearing her as I bent down to dip my hand in. "How does it work?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:12 pm

I bit my lip to keep back a small laugh, not wanting to offend the princess.
"It's warmed by heating in another part of the castle, fire or something, I'm not quite sure. There are people who take care of those things, as well as workers who keep the piping in good shape, they might know how exactly it transfers the waters here."
Stepping closer once again, I hesitantly raised my voice a bit, wanting to catch her attention.
"M'lady, I will help you prepare for your bath, if you wish."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Her last sentence broke me from my trance and glanced at her, a tad confused. Prepare for my bath? Didn't she just do that? Regardless, I still felt awful about her being gifted to me, and denying her her job seemed to stress her so... I supposed I could consent. "... Alright," I nodded, standing up. "Thank you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:29 pm

I nodded, stepping forward to help her out of her clothing. All the nobles I'd known before her insisted on me helping them prepare for their bath, and most insisted that I help them bath by washing their backs for them. It was a normal occurrence for the court ladies to have never had to wash, or dress themselves before.
To be honest, I'd rather not have to touch what seemed to be some kind of animal skin clothing, but I guess it would be required in order to prepare her. I could struggle through it. After all, it couldn't be near as bad as dealing with washing Lady Camilla's growths on her back. Now that.. had been.. disgusting.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:33 pm

I blinked, backing up for a moment and wrapping my arms around my now bare chest. "What are you doing?" I asked, looking around confused. I knew she didn't mean me harm but... why my she undressing me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:46 pm

I bit my lip, resisting the urge to roll my eyes at her, or make a noise of frustration as I patiently stayed where I'd stood.
"Preparing you for your bath as you wished." I murmured, hesitating then giving her a small curtsy. "I apologize if I misunderstood your permission."
What was with the princess? Honestly. Even the youngest noble girls understood these simple lines of how things worked. I would have hated to grow up where she did. After all, I was a slave, but I was a slave with standards.
My mind went back to how she'd reacted to the tub, and a thought occurred to me. Barely able to resist curling my lip in disgust I almost immediately decided I was right. I bet this girl had barely ever used a tub before.
How.. barbaric.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum