the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deception

2 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Deception  - Page 3 Empty Re: Deception

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Preparing me for my bath? "Oh... oh," I repeated, staring at the bath. "You mean... help me /with/ my bath..."
Seriously? Are the people of the stone city so ill apt to handle life they must have /slaves/ wash them? This was getting absolutely ridiculous. I could wash my own body!
I almost refused, but then I she apologized again for lacking manners that made no sense to be, and the guilt at her predicament returned.
I forced myself to step back toward her. "I'm sorry, proceed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:03 pm

I nodded, once again resisting the urge to roll my eyes as I went back to removing the horrid clothing, tossing them to the edge of the room as reaching for the soaps beside me.
Now that we seemed to have reached an agreement I quickly washed her, allowing her to do the areas that wouldn't have been proper for me to. When done I stepped out, and asked her to duck under the water to wash the soap off as I reached for the towel I'd removed from shelves.
"Would you like some time to soak M'lady? Or would you rather go prepare for dinner?"
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Soak? As in... in the water? For heavens sake, I wasn't a piece of clothing, I was clean enough. Besides, I was starving! "Dinner, please," I murmured, smelling my hair. Okay, now /this/ I could get use to.
I moved to the waters edge, marveling at the towels softness as she handed them to me, then dried off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:13 pm

I nodded, opening the door and showing her to the the main bathing room. Walking over to the wall I pulled one of the robes from the wall and handed it to her, waiting for the princess to put it on before continuing to the door. Once there I held it for her and led her back to her room, holding the doo for her there as well.
"Would you like help dressing, princess?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:30 pm

I followed her out, my mind on sensory overload from the past few hours. This robe she placed me in felt so odd, really. I blinked at her next question and quickly shacked my head. "It's alright, I think I can manage. ...what is this cover made out of? What type of animal?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:18 pm

I shone my head, the hesitated, wondering if the wool qualified as animal skin.
"No, its cotton, made out of the wool of sheep and other animals. " I informed her, walking to where she'd laid her clothing.
Since the princess had requested I didn't dress her I simply walked over the the dressing curtain in the corner, spearing it out, making sure the legs of the thy were steady, before laying it over the side and stepping back.
There, now...as her personal serv- ... slave... I had to attend dinner as well. I would have to change after she was prepared.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:26 pm

I stared at robe in shock. "But that must cost a fortune!" I breathed, probably loud enough for her to hear, though I was really speaking to myself. I gingerly placed it down and shook out my finest animal skin dress. I pressed my face to the material and inhaled deeply, taking in the scent of home.
Home...
I missed it already.
I sighed and slipped into the dress, tying the strings at my waist. I hesitated for a moment before pulling my precious dagger out of my bag and fascetting it at my waist. Just in case.
I glance at my belongings one last time before walking out from behind the divider. "Thank you." I ran my fingers through my hair, enjoying the softness. "What now?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:47 pm

My eyes locked on the dagger on her waist almost immediately as I looked her over. Disapproval colored my face as I thought gratefully about the fact soon the dresses the Queen ordered would be here, and I could dress her in something more suitable to the court.
"I change and we go to dinner with your aunt and uncle."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 am

I gave a small nod of approval, my thoughts already else where at her words.
Dinner with my dear aunt and uncle, the queen and king. Now that was... daunting. What was I to expect? Was there etiquette I wasn't aware of? I wish I was more prepared for this.
I paced across my room nervously, waiting for her to get ready herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:23 am

I hesitated, pausing by the door to her room as I considered my options here.
"If you wish princess, you would a follow me tobmy room so that we could head directly to dinner from there. It isn't proper...but normally I'd be dressed before attending to you. Today is different...."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:54 am

I gave a small nod, greatful she wasn't going to leave me alone in this... palace. "The rules seem... intense here," I noted, walking up to her side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:27 pm

I shook my head, opening the door for her.
"No, they're just different then the uncultured parts if the island." I muttered, then imedatiely flushed red. "Not that you're not cultured. I didn't mean that at all. Its just-"
I cut off, bowing my head slightly. I'd be better off if I could stop speaking without thought first...
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:33 pm

My lips twitched in amusement and I turned to eye her. "No, go ahead, say it- I'm 'savage'. A 'pathetic excuse for a princess'. 'Unfit to lead this island and it's people' Oh, I heard the mumblings." I sighed and started forward, not caring to wait up for her anymore. I just wanted this all this to be over and done. Just a visit... this was just a visit. Then I could could back to living happily with my 'uncivilized' friends in peace. "Did it even dawn on all your freshly washed, pampered heads that I don't /want/ to rule?" I grumbled, turning some random corner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:47 pm

I stopped dead, eyes locked on her in shock. "Why wouldn't you?!" I demanded, forgetting manners. "To rule..not have to take orders but give them to everyone. Never have to do anything, or listen to anyone if you don't want to. Why wouldn't you want that?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:54 pm

I stopped short, the turn I took having led me straight into a dead end.
"..."
I gritted my teeth and turned, glancing at her as I crossed the walkway. "Exactly... I'd be bossing the whole Island around. Sounds nothing like being a big bully. Combine that with all this"- I flailed, gesturing wildly-"Protocol, and I'm all set."
I started down the other hall, leaving her behind again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:13 pm

I just shook my head, passing her and turning down the correct hall towards my quarters.
"Here's my room." I muttered, pulling open a plain wooden door, and waiting for her to enter first.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Ot-oh... I upset her... What was I thinking, running my mouth like that. Appa clearly told me to /watch/ what I say. The palace has ears... the littlest things could get me killed, and here I just went and insulted my Aunts life style, and my birth right?
I bit my lip, ducking my head and entering.
"...Look, I'm sorry. It's just... been a long trip, I forgot myself... I didn't mean that."

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:29 pm

I almost stopped moving again, surprised by her apology.
Oh, right, it was the savage princess.
"..don't apologize."
Sighing I walked over to my simple wardrobe, at least half the size, if not smaller than that of hers.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:42 pm

"..."
I sighed, mentally cursing myself as I looked around. Now her room I was more familiar with. The simplicity and snugness was just like home... only bigger. "Nice room..." I whispered, moving forward and touching a small box gently and marveling at it. "Pretty..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:56 pm

I started to pull a simple cotton dress from my wardrobe when I caught her movement out of the corner of my eye.
"Don't touch that!" I screeched, moving to steal the box from the princess, not thinking about anything else in that moment.
It wasn't until I'd taken a few steps back, the box clutched to my chest, that I realized example fly what I'd done.
"Imsosorry!"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:01 am

I startled back, tripping over something and falling sharply on my butt. Good Gods. Did /she/ just make /that/ noise? ... Didn't know she had it in her... she'ssosmall...
"I'm-I'm sorry," I gasped back, staring up at her in shock. "I-I didn't know..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:20 pm

I shook my head, clutching the box closely as I bowed my head, my whole body tensing up.
"Nononono I'm sorry princess. I am not to touch the nobles, let alone some one royal as you are."
I was shaking by this time, waiting for her to react. This was worse than just my talking back. I'd knocked her to the /ground/ for goodness' sake! It was enough to warrant a beating, if not worse. I'd expect no less.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:25 pm

I stared at her uncomprehendingly, trying to understand her. The people here where so odd. Why was she shaking? It was an accident.
"..."
Several, long, tense moments later and sigh, standing up and brushing of my skirts. "it's fine, I'm a clutz."
I walked out the door, dismissing the conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:32 pm

I frowned, staring at the door then at the box in my hands. I slowly placed it back on my dresser, running to the door and poking my head out.
"Ma'am, you shouldn't be traveling the corridors alone! And I still have to change for dinner. Please, wait a moment."
If she didn't come back, I'd have to let her go then find her later, after all, I couldn't just walk into dinner like this. That really wouldn't be proper.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 pm

I was already leaning against wall, waiting for her to change. After all- she may have no problem with public nudity, but I did. "alright, I'll stay here." I whispered quietly, feeling kind of... Overwhelmed. I just wanted to go home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum