the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deception

2 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Deception  - Page 5 Empty Re: Deception

Post by Ella Rose Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:27 am

I don't know how long I cried, just that my body eventually lost the will to function properly and the tears dried up. Exhaustion riddled my limbs and I wanted so badly to just pass out, right there in the arms of my dysfunctional maid. My instincts, however, screamed at my to get up and flee. As my recent assassination attempt had just proved: I couldn't trust anyone. Anyone besides my maid, apparently, who's ill manners may have resulted in saving my life.
I slowly pushed myself away from her, my body protesting and feeling like lead as I raised a hand to dry my face. I didn't know what to say, so I kept silent, stood up, and searched for the pack I brought from home.
Ella Rose
Ella Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:29 am

When she moved away, I found myself simply watching her. In the course of her tears I'd sat down on the floor, my skirt spread out around me in an unprofessional manner. Now, as she looked for something, I drew my legs up to my chest and worked up the courage to say something.
"W-what w-will you d-do?"
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ella Rose Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:32 am

"Leave." I replied simply, the emotions drained from my voice like the tears had from my body. I shuffled through what remained of my things and frowned. "Have you seen my pack?
Ella Rose
Ella Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:34 am

Pulling myself to my feet I walked to where I had watched her place it earlier before I'd taken her to the bath.
"L-leave?" I managed, trying to keep the panic out of my voice.
If she left, I didn't know what that would mean for me. The Head Mistress would not be happy, that at least I was positive of.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ella Rose Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:39 am

"I do not care for for death ... Or the thrown." I added, walking over and retrieving the pack from her. I ran my hand across it, dusting off dirt from the travel. The feel of the familiar, married leather sent pains to my heart. "Besides, this will only happen again."
Ella Rose
Ella Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:46 am

I hesitated, not sure what to say. Speaking for myself, it would be better if she stayed. Although... if she died I couldn't be certain that I wouldn't be punished for that, too. Her going, though, I knew would fall on my head. For the moment I found that more important than being astonished by her lack of ambition when it came to ruling.
"You won't be able to find your way out through the halls," I said, once again struggling to keep the panic from my tone. "They're a maze to those who haven't grown up here."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ella Rose Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:31 am

"Then you will show me." I snapped, on edge. "...You will show me, right?" I asked softly, folding up some furs and packing them.
Ella Rose
Ella Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:07 pm

I hesitated, staring at her, then at the window again. Showing her, that meant I actually participated in helping her leave. I wouldn't be innocent at all, I would deserve whatever I got.
"...I will."
Whatever came to me, I couldn't just stand by and watch her get killed.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ella Rose Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:19 am

"Thank you." I breathed, shoving everything into my pack. Forget folding, whoever wanted me dead will be expecting the news any moment now. I had to get out. "You-Do you need to grab anything? Trinkets, um, supplies? Damn, we need supplies." I looked around the room and started to gather a small pile of things that might be able to help us.
Ella Rose
Ella Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum