the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scene That Made My Friend Cry

3 posters

Go down

The Scene That Made My Friend Cry Empty The Scene That Made My Friend Cry

Post by Banshee Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:01 pm

The small blonde boy pushed open the wrought iron gate to the cemetery, walking down the familiar path just as he had done many times before. Except this visit was different and young Andrew Johnson walked with a heavy heart down to Tommy O’Sullivan’s grave. In a million years, Andrew could never picture this as a place for Tommy, who had been so full of life. Biting his lip to hold back tears, Andrew sat down by the place where Tommy’s feet would be and forced a small, sad smile on his lips, looking toward the headstone where a boy about his age lounged.

“’Ey Tommy….I brought ya somethin’.” Andrew said, putting a small thing of flowers by the boy. “I know flowers seem kinda silly, but I wanted ta get ya somethin’ before I leave.”

“Leave?!” The other boy asked, straightening up. “What do ya mean leave?!”

Andrew continued on, staring down at his hands. “Ma and Pa want to go to America, and they won’t let me stay. Christmas wasn’t the same without ya, Tommy. There was no one ta sneak yer dog cookies with.” Andrew said quietly, crystal tears starting to form in his blue eyes and he took a small hand to wipe them away. “Yer ma and pa miss ya, Tommy. It ain’t the same without ya.”

“Dun cry, Andrew. Please dun cry.” The boy said, kneeling in front of him. “Ya remember what I told ya about crying, don’t ya?” He asked, trying to give him a small smile even though he knew the boy couldn’t see it.

“I don’t want ta leave ya, Tommy.”

“I don’t want ya ta leave either.”

Andrew dug his hand into his puffy eyes, trying to wipe away the tears that seemed to keep falling despite his efforts.

“So I guess this is goodbye then…?” The boy asked sadly.

“I’m g-gonna miss ya, T-tommy. I won’t forget ya.”

“P-promise?”

“I swear I won’t, cross my ‘eart and ‘ope ta die.” Andrew said, making the mark of the promise as the boy did the same. Andrew stood, looking at the grave for a minute. “G-goodbye…Old f-friend.” Andrew whispered before leaving one last time.

“Yer my best friend, Andrew. Ya always will be,” Tommy said, looking at the retreating figure.
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Scene That Made My Friend Cry Empty Re: The Scene That Made My Friend Cry

Post by Cairo Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:05 pm

D: NOOOOO ANDREW DONT LEAVE
Cairo
Cairo

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexisGray961 Tue May 22, 2012 7:48 pm

i love how you titled this "the scene that made my friend cry". lol!
AlexisGray961
AlexisGray961

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down