the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outside

3 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Outside - Page 2 Empty Re: The Outside

Post by fallen rose Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:46 pm

krissy:" i guess we are lucky today tara"
fallen rose
fallen rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:47 pm

Tara: I collapse onto my bed in relief for a second, letting a few tears slide out. But it's chore day, and now I've probably wrinkled my bed again. I smooth out the wrinkles I left from sitting on it just now. What chore was I assigned today? Oh yes, washing the windows. Every single window in the entire orphanage. And then they are inspected. I lift my chin up and vow to be strong and diligent, not letting a spot of window dirt evade me. If I do, then I'll certainly be whipped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:49 pm

Tara: I smiled at Krissy. "I suppose, although they say luck and hard work are one and the same."

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Name: Carmicheal "Carter" Jenks
World: Orphanage
Appearence: dusky brown skin, shaggy black hair, large brown eyes, thin and a little tall, looks a little androgenous.
Short bio: Traveled with his mother around the world until she was caught and deemed and unfit mother for her growing schizophrenia.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Andrea: I keep clicking my heels together and look at the ground as I start talking to the other girls. "Um...have you guys ever had to take care of the dogs?" I ask. It was only my third day here, and the people I'd already asked laughed in my face and showed me their bite marks.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:53 pm

((adrogenous: big word, what does it mean? I tried to google it, but there are a few definitions. And are you saying he's african-american dark, or just has tan skin?))

Back to top Go down

Post by fallen rose Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:57 pm

krissy:" i wish that orphanage wasn't mean and tought tara and how big are the dogs again" i said knowing have i have scurbing the floor of the entire orphanage
fallen rose
fallen rose

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:58 pm

Carter: "Get up," sneers Ms. Devou. When I dare to stay on the ground, she whips me again. "Get.Up.Now!" I shakily get to my feet with the help of the head board. I try not to look up as I do so, but she grabs me by the chin and makes me look at her. It takes everything I have not to spit in her face. "Remake your bed. I will be back in an hour, after, of course, you complete your chores as well. I will be receiving some very important company today, and I want to be as prompt as possible. Do you understand?"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:00 pm

(Whoops, I meant none of those, although that's kinda funny. I just found a book- androgynous. He can pass as a girl because of his facial features.)
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:01 pm

He's Indian. C:
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Ronnie: I watched Ms. Devou leave after whipping Carter, then go over to him. "Important company? I wonder who she means." I'm usually good at distracting the younger ones in ways like this, although Carter is only a year younger than I, so he may not react the same. I am one of the older boys, though, so I try to help out everyone. I offer him a curious smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:02 pm

((Aha, now I've got a better picture in my head, thanks Smile))

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:06 pm

Carter: I lean against the bed post and try to even out my breathing. "Probably some bologna exmilitart sergeant with a daddy who never loved him. He's gonna be here to teach us that child labor and domestic abuse laws were created by Nazi Communists and are therefore nonsensical and unfounded." I stumble a bit. "Or something like that."

Last edited by Stuck in Limbo on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Andrea: "They're big?" I grimace. "But I thought dogs were cute and nice..."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by fallen rose Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:10 pm

krissy:" there her dogs so of course they are not nice or cute then the best thing you can do is to ran faster then the dogs and hope that they are not hungry" i said remember the last time i took care of her dogs
fallen rose
fallen rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Ronnie: I laughed, not understanding most of what Carter had just said. I wasn't known for my brains, though, since I had gotten all of my education from the orphanage. Meaning I only learned what they thought 'appropriate'. "What chore were you assigned?"

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Andrea: I start shaking. "But she said I have to feed them and that if I don't take care of them right, she'll lock me up in her closet and give her dogs my bed. And I'm not very good at running...I fall sometimes!"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:15 pm

Tara: I gulped at Krissy's description of the dogs. I didn't have any consolations for Andrea, except a weak smile, before I went off to fetch my window-washing supplies.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:17 pm

Carter: I take a little piece of paper out of my pocket and squint at it. "Dusting." I frown and look at it. She knows I have asthma, right?
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by fallen rose Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:18 pm

krissy:" i will help you as best i can andrea while i do my chores and you won't be locked up in her closet" i said to her
fallen rose
fallen rose

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:22 pm

Andrea: I shakily brush the hair out of my face as I start down the door to the backyard. I slowly open the door and hold my breath. Immediately, barking sounds. I look at the dogs and freeze. They're black and big with pointed ears and pointed faces and pointed teeth that group rip through me in an instant. But they're so loud! I step back until I feel the coldness of the door pressing against my back. The only thing that really registers are the dogs' angry barking, sounding like millions of gunshots.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by fallen rose Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:26 pm

krissy: i took there dogs food and tosed to where they eat " now quickly andrea clean any food that missed their bowl "
fallen rose
fallen rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Ronnie: "Better than mine - I have to clean the toilets." I pulled a disgusted face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Tara: I scrubbed and scrubbed at a window in the East wing. The grime just would not come off! I wistfully looked through the glass, down at the people in the streets. They all looked so happy, so free. I noticed there was dust on the windowsills, and wondered if I was supposed to take care of that, also. I vaguely remembered the mention of a dusting chore, though, so I kept working away at the windows.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:15 am

Cater: I sigh and scratch my head. "Well, better get to it before the wicked witch of the west comes back." Although if you think about it, we're already her slaves. I grab the duster from the bucket outside the door and tie a rag around my face to keep out the dust. I start towards the recieving room where a girl is already starting to clean and start on a bookshelf. I take a bow and whip out my duster. "Thank you ladies and gentlemen for coming today. I am very honored to perform for you all, especially Her Grace the queen. I hope that you will find my performance exceptable." I tap on a chair as though to get te attention of my muscians and then start moving my duster around the book shelf like a conductor. "And now, the trumpets," I murmur, going to some imaginary song.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum