the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of the Map (PIRATES)

+3
Black&White
Lyrical
Toxic Miracle
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The End of the Map (PIRATES) - Page 2 Empty Re: The End of the Map (PIRATES)

Post by Toxic Miracle Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Evie Di Carlo
Familiar words drifted over the deck and I looked around to find little Louie making his way down from the crow's look. "Fifteen men of the whole ship's list," I smiled at him. "Dead and be damned and the rest gone whist!" I sang.
"How does the weather look this morning?" I asked him.
Toxic Miracle
Toxic Miracle

http://inanutshell210.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulOutcast4212 Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:25 pm

"The skies will be clear enough by midday. Although, I fear there will be rain come dark." He grinned halfheartedly. "Looks like damp boots once more friend." It had been Evie and her father who had convinced the late captain to spare him, and she was his favorite mate. He didn't even care that she was bad luck, being a woman.
BeautifulOutcast4212
BeautifulOutcast4212

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Miracle Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Evie Di Carlo
I ruffled his hair. "I suppose I can't wear my evening shoes today," I laughed- as if I had fancy shoes. As if I had more than one pair of boots. I tucked a stray lock of hair back into my bandana and brushed off my shirt.
"What of port, then? Could you see it from the nest? Gianni said we should be making port in England either today or tomorrow."
Toxic Miracle
Toxic Miracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Anne

I wake early, before the sun. In a house alone again, husband out to sea... I had long gotten past the awaiting mistress stage of whatever I had with him. The small widow's peak of our humble home looking out to the harbor entrance has long been unvisited; mostly I only open the door our to the small deck to air out the warm air in summer. Tired of waiting... Though, from the beginning, I never really felt anything for the man. In a way, I simply used him to go where I wanted to go, and now that I was here... What?

The limited life of an absent husband's wife? That was not what I had been searching for when I set my mind to come to Port Hellans those many years ago. Before I ran from my aunt and uncle, and the job they had set up for me. The answer, however, still eluded me as to why this port drew me in.

Eli

"Men up! Everyone up!" I shout below decks, rousing the hammocks to some sort of movement. The little boy, Tobi, follows behind me, carrying as much as his arms could hold of the morning meal's supplies - though he'd need a few more runs to get enough for this shark-like crew. Everything went in, and yet only half the work seemed to get put out.

I duck through a door to walk along the hallway, going to my kitchen. "Di Carlo, if your daughter doesn't do her job she's going overboard!" My usual threat, to anyone really. The men fancied her, yet they wouldn't pull anything with her father so near. No one wanted to see her go anywhere. I wasn't much for the superstitious type, but she had her use in that threat, at least. "No captain doesn't mean no work, or I'm cutting your lazy arse's portions to match the status of this ship!"
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Miracle Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Gianni walked calmy into the Kitchen. "You're words might worry me more if I didn't know Eve would take care of you herself." he said firmly but with good nature, sitting down at the table.

[[brb in an hour guys!]]
Toxic Miracle
Toxic Miracle

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulOutcast4212 Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Louie shook his head, not bothering to pay down the hair Evie had mussed. "Not yet, when I do-you'll be the first to know." Louie plopped down on deck with a practiced thud "Well," he threw a meaningful look over at Eli "probably." He nodded at her jovially and stomped his way over to Tobi, the only other crew member who was within his age. He took an apple and a hunk of bread off the boy. "Morn'"
BeautifulOutcast4212
BeautifulOutcast4212

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Eli

"She's got a ton to learn if she's gonna get anywhere without you, seadog," I comment, beginning a pot to brew for the evening. I glance out the door to deck, Tobi making some conversation, though I didn't need the foodstuffs yet. Taking my large knife out of it's holster on my belt, I point it at Gianni to punctuate, "You, sir," I start, then start chopping the last supplies of herbs to go into the pot, "leave her be if you think she's so capable. I need your worry directed towards this masterless ship and the next port we're reaching tomorrow. Operations still have to be smooth and slick as always. Cap'ns gone, yet the Dagger still needs her reputation in tact."

Tobi

"Lou, nicht die - ...not the image of a helping hand," I say to him, my German tainting my words heavily. Still didn't much like English. Didn't like how I sounded with it, so I mostly stayed quiet. Every now and again there would be a few quick words of my native tongue, but people didn't much like words they didn't understand.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Avalon~
I stood against the railing of the boat. The sun touched my skin and I couldnt help but smile. After three months on the boat my skin had become sunkissed. If only my mother could see me now. I smirked and tilts my head back with my eyes closed. Of course the sun helped me... it had given me life ... I guess. The men on the boat were... an interesting bunch. I was highly amussed by only a few of them. I sighed and tilt my head back up and opened my eyes. My eyes were in a weird contrast with my skin. My eyes were the color of the sea. A crystal clear blue color and they only shown more with my skin and my dark hair. I pursed my lips. What was I to do on this ship...? Ha yeah um nothing.

Tucker~
Going to town was always fun. The girls where prettier and the drinks where heavier. I went down and sold everything my parents had made. I went to the bar and grabed a pint. The bar smelled like stale beer sweat and vomit. Ah I loved that place. The girls where cheap and the beer was cold. What else could a man want?
Alice
Alice

http://come-away-to--the-water.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Miracle Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Carmen Valdez
This early in the day we only had a few customers. There was a couple in the corner, a few old men at a table, and a young gent enjoying his beer at the bar. I washed a spot off my dress with a dishrag and went to check on the man at the bar.
"Anything else for you? 'Nother beer?" I asked politely, hint of my accent slipping through.

Eve Di Carlo
I let Louie and Tobi get aquainted, leaving him with "Just tell me soon as you can see shore," and headed below deck.
I plopped down next to dad. "What's for food?"
Toxic Miracle
Toxic Miracle

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulOutcast4212 Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:36 pm

Louie frowned and bumped shoulders with the other boy "Aye, yeh got that right." he took a juicy bite out of his apple. "But if I start actin' like one would you like me any better?" he said with his mouth full "Or do you love me for who I am?" he winked and chortled "Unick."
BeautifulOutcast4212
BeautifulOutcast4212

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Eli

"Last supply of apples and bread." Tapping the edge of the large pot with my knife to add in the herbs, I say, "This is for later." Had to really boil out the toughness of the salted fish we had on board, otherwise it was like eating the bleached logs of petrified driftwood on the shore. My father made an art out of making anything edible, enough to keep the crew from its usual groveling. "We need to resupply soon, however, otherwise meals will be cut to one a day."

Tobi

"You are no better than one of the stealing rats below. Hope no...no... big cats come eat you in the raid," I tease back. Maybe I was quiet most times, but Louie was easy to talk with, even if I lacked a few words. I start after Eve with the crate, dropping it off in the kitchen. "Maybe help get the last few boxes without eating it all."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Tucker~
My ees flicker over the girl. I lean against the bar and give her my best smile. "How bout a date...?" I asked. My eyes flickered over her body again and my smile widened. This was going to be fun.
Alice
Alice

http://come-away-to--the-water.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulOutcast4212 Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Louie followed Tobi down into the kitchen. "Tha' shouldn't be too hard." He took a mouthful of bread hurriedly to empty his hands so that they could become helpin' ones. "Morn' Mr. Di Carlo, Eli. No sight of land this morn'. Rains a brewin'." he said dutifully.
BeautifulOutcast4212
BeautifulOutcast4212

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyrical Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Ellanore briskly walks through the town, confusing the dozen guards chasing her. Once she was sure the guards had been seperated from her trail, she put a small tin mug down on the stone path before her, opened her mouth, and began to sing.

Listen to my voice, calling you
Pulling you out of darkness
Hear the Devil's cry of sin,
Always turn your back on him

With the wind you go, and still I dream
Of your spirit leading you back home
I would give my gifts to you
Grow your garden, watch it bloom

The light in your eyes, an angel up high
Fighting to ease the shadow side
Hearts will grow, though having to bend
Leaving behind all things in the end

Listen to my voice, calling you
Pulling you out of darkness
Hear the Devil's cry of sin,
Always turn your back on him
Lyrical
Lyrical

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Miracle Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Carmen Valdez
Papa came to me and pulled me from my customer. "Uh, uno momen- Just a second pour- please," I managed say before I was whisked away.
"Papa." I hissed. "What- what is it?"
"Carmen, hay una chica fuera de canto. Que se retire, va a ahuyentar a los clientes!" He said. I glanced out the window and caught a glimpse of the girl.
"Padre, ella no se molesta a nadie. Por favor, regrese a la mamá." I pleaded with him but there is no reasoning with the stubborn old man.
Finally, I conceeded. "Bien, bien. Voy a ir a hablar con ella. Pero por favor, I beg you, go back upstairs?" I said and he nodded, satisfied. I rolled my eyes and made my way to the door. Crotchety old man...
I stuck my head out the door. "Hey! Girl!" I called to her.
Toxic Miracle
Toxic Miracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyrical Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:04 pm

A small crowd of people had gathered around her, listening to her melodic voice as it told a story through song. The mug was almost filled to the brim with coins, and people were smiling at her as they listened...Until the guards found her again. They had heard her singing from the back and saw the crowd, so naturally, they came running toward her as the girl sang.
Lyrical
Lyrical

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Miracle Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Carmen Valdez
The strange girl ignored me. She continued to sing, though stopped short as men shouted out. I looked over to find the policía sprinting to our tavern. Enough is enough.
I stormed over to the girl and grabbed her arm. "Oh por dios, will you just get inside? Where is you're sense?" I tugged her towards the tavern.
Toxic Miracle
Toxic Miracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyrical Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Ellanore

The girl began to snap back in an undecipherable mass of both French and English, then stopped instantly as she saw the town guards racing toward them.

In no less time at all, the guards had surrounded them.

Grabbing the stranger's arm, she glared toward the guards as they began to close in. The captain emurged from the small crowd.

"Ellanore Roux. You are certainly the crafty one, what with getting out of you're prison cell. Whether you like it or not, the governor has declared that you cannot sing on the streets without a proper license."

Irritated, the girl named Ellanore spat back venomously, "Pourquoi? Parce que je suis français?"

The captain, obviously not understanding the accusation, just rolled his eyes and ordered the guards to take hold of both Ellanore and the stranger, when the captain looked menicingly into Ellanore's eyes. "Any last words, child?"

Ellanore simply smiled back just as intimidatingly. "Bien sûr, je vais dire trois: aller en enfer!" Reaching inside her robe and drawing out a glass vile, she throws it to the ground and immediately on impact, the glass shatters and a smoke cover surrounds the two girls as Ellanore grabs the other girl's arm and runs from the mess of guards stumbling in the smoke. Running into the woods, Ellanore finally lets go of the girl's arm and speaks with a light French accent.

"I am sorry to have put you in danger. You must think I am a criminal, non?"
Lyrical
Lyrical

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Miracle Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Carmen Valdez
"Estás loco?! If you'd have just come inside like I told you-" I stopped myself, trying to recoil my anger. I groaned and looked back out through the trees. It appeared as though there was no one following us.
"Why in the world did you take me to the woods?" I asked, trying to even my temper.
Toxic Miracle
Toxic Miracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyrical Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:43 pm

Ellanore

The girl looked apologetically at the obviously Spanish girl.

"They were tailing me and have always lost sight of me in these woods-"

Before Ellanore could even finish her sentance, a flying arrow almost took the Spanish girl's head off. Grabbing her by the shoulders, Ellanore threw her to the ground as the arrow grazed her right shoulder and disappeared into the grass. Wincing, Ellanore looked down at the Spanish girl with a grim face.

"Until now."

Taking out her hand-crafted rapier, Ellanore took her fencing stance, then paused to look down at the girl.

"If you wish to run, you may. It is not you they are after. Go!" Ellanore said, pointing to a clearing in the woods with the blade of her rapier as the guards' footsteps came closer and closer.
Lyrical
Lyrical

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Miracle Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Carmen Valdez
I stared at her like she grew a third arm. She cannot be serious.
"I have to get back to my tavern. My mother is ill." I said.
"Come back with me. I can hide you in the spare room."
Toxic Miracle
Toxic Miracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyrical Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Ellanore

She smiled lightly at the Spanish girl before her.

"You do not have to help me. It would get you in trouble as well. But here," Ellanore says, fidgeting quickly with her leather pouch and shoving a small vile with a clear liquid inside it into the girl's hands. "Take this. It may help her."

Turning quickly, Ellanore swings her rapier from right to left as clanking sounds had begun to scratch at the steel blade. Soon, five arrows had fallen to the ground. Seriously, Ellanore looks back at the girl as the troop of guards came into view.

"Pouvons-nous rencontrer à nouveau, un ami."

The captain quickly drew his sword and, rising to meet his challenge, Ellanore once again takes her fencing stance.

"Fine then. Let us dance!"

And with that final comment, the captain and Ellanore were dueling, swords clashing against one another in a fiery blaze. The captain's strikes were vile and deadly while Ellanore's were more graceful yet just as fatal. As the captain swung his sword in a horizontal swipe, Ellanore ducked and stuck her leg out, sending the captain crashing to the ground.

The guards had seen enough. Drawing their swords as well, they ran toward Ellanore in a heated attack. Ellanore quickly drew her sword across her torso, blocking several attacks with the single move. A guard came behind her and swung his fist at her, but she leaned back in a flexible manner to dodge it so the guard ended up hitting the guards who had just struck with their swords. Shortly, they all fell to the ground, angry and some wounded. As most of the guards were getting back to their feet, another wave had come in and were starting to attack, and surprisingly, Ellanore was winning. She spun around gracefully to avoid attacks and had also elbowed a guard to the nose, breaking it completely as blood spurted out of his nostrills. As he went down crying out from the pain, a guard had quickly stepped in and gave Ellanore an uppercut to the stomach, causing her to wince as she right-hooked him across the jaw, breaking skin and sending him stumbling back into a tree. But soon, the guards were all back on their feet and fighting her in one tightly knit circle with no gaps for escape.

As Ellanore's back hit the ground, the guards were upon her, tying ropes around her wrists and hauling her to her feet as she struggled violently for some chance of getting out of their grasps. The captain, smiling triumphantly, raised his sword to his fellow comrades and grinned.

"To victory! Another criminal caught and brought to justice!"

Ellanore angrilly spat at the captain's feet and he growled, leaning forward and grabbing her chin.

"What's the matter? Why the glare?"

"Justice? Rien de tel n'existe dans cette ville," Ellanore stated matter-of-factly and the guard just let her go and turned toward the way they had come into the woods.

"Take her to the only place she belongs; the jail."

All Elanore could do was shout. "Bâtard!"

And that was the last thing Ellanore said on the entire way to jail.

Last edited by Lyrical on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyrical
Lyrical

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Miracle Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Carmen Valdez
As quickly as it had started, it was over. They decended upon her like vultures and picked her up and whisked her away without a simple glance at me. I lay crouched in the foliage, my heart like a restless bird smashing into the bars of my ribcage. The air was still and I brought myself upright and got my bearings.
I looked to the sky, that same strange feeling as this morning squirming throught my stomach. Today will be a long long day.

On my way back to the Tavern I couldn't shake the eerie look she'd flashed me as they took her away. Tenemos sólo una parte a reunirse de nuevo.
Toxic Miracle
Toxic Miracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Miracle Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Eve Di Carlo
Gianni's brow scrunched together. "No land today? I thought for sure we'd be there by today." he said to Louie
"What's the port's name again?" I asked dad, slipping my dagger from my boot and prying chips of wood from the dining table. Dad placed his large scuffed hand over mine and gave me a chastising look.
"Have a taught you nothing girl? No daggers at breakfast." I glared at him but it had no effect. "We should be heading to Port Hellens." He answered me, turning back to Eli.
Toxic Miracle
Toxic Miracle

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulOutcast4212 Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:21 pm

"Nosir, no land. By my reckoning we may be behind half a day an' night." Louie's mind drifted to the inactivity of the crew since the captains death, the most prominent cause of the untimely delay. He shifted on his feet. "You promised today that we'd spar." the words tumbled out of his mouth without his usual careful manner that he used around the older gents.
BeautifulOutcast4212
BeautifulOutcast4212

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next