the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Adventures of Dupli-Kate and Finley

2 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Adventures of Dupli-Kate and Finley - Page 3 Empty Re: The Adventures of Dupli-Kate and Finley

Post by Invisimort Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:28 pm

Finley:

"Sounds good... yeah." I said, putting the computer in so it would be safe on the car ride. One day I wanted to get a zero haliburton foam lined storage cart for the thing so it wouldn't be such a hassle moving it, but for now this would be fine.

I went around to the passenger seat and got into the car. "Alright, we're good to go, I think."
Invisimort
Invisimort

http://invisimort.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Dupli-Kate and Finley - Page 3 Empty Re: The Adventures of Dupli-Kate and Finley

Post by Regret Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:31 pm

Kate

"Great!" Kate put her foot down and the car leapt forwards. "Damn. Still not used to this thing."
She drove the car to the edge of the campus, being unnecessarily careful. Manoeuvring gingerly, she reached the main road... and put her foot down once again. This time it was a little more graceful.
"I'm a little way out of town, but I reckon I can give you a lift on my way into work. Especially if we get you some leathers."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Finley:

"You mean, like, on the motorcycle?" I would get dropped off on campus in a motorcycle every day? That sounded amazing. "And like, I could probably walk back in the afternoons, I don't mind, as long as it's not like... you know four miles or something crazy like that." I offered.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:51 pm

Kate

"Well, yeah. Meg doesn't like me borrowing her car more than I have to. She knows I'm better with bikes." She chuckled. "It might be a bit of a walk, but you could probably get the bus back to mine."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Finley:

"Oh okay, yeah. I have a bus pass, that'll work fine." I had temporarily forgotten that we had a bus line around campus and the area. "Also showing up on a motorcycle to school every day is like the coolest thing ever."
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Kate

There was a significant note of pride in her voice when she spoke next. "Isn't it?"
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:17 pm

Finley:

"Yeah, definitely." I had a sudden thought that kinda worried me. "How much hat head does a helmet give you, because like..." My hair was important to me. It was an important aspect to how the rest of my face looked. If my hair looked bad, my face would look bad, and then it would just be bad.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Kate

"Depends on the hair and the helmet. It's a nightmare for me, but I don't strictly need one a lot of the time because of my other power. That said, you should be able to get away with it if you keep a comb on you at all times." She patted her mohawk. "This beast suffers, though."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Finley:

"Yeah, I can imagine, mohawk plus helmet sounds kinda... difficult." I thought about it for a second. "Okay... so I'll just do my hair at school..." I could do it in the bathroom before class if I blowdried it before I left. It wouldn't be that bad. "I'll figure it out."
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:41 am

Kate

"It's easier just to teleport out if you crash, I find. Assuming you can teleport, I mean." she shrugged. "I'm guessing you can't?"
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:45 am

Finley:

"I don't know how to teleport, no." I told her, kinda amused by that being a feasible solution for some people, teleportation. I didn't come from a world where teleporting was an answer to things.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:07 pm

Kate

"This might be a problem in future." She rubbed her chin, making the car wobble unnervingly. "It's probably not an issue."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Finley:

"Well... I would hope it doesn't turn out an issue... because like, I don't have powers. Just a computer." I told her. I didn't want to accidentally end up dead because of a lack of teleportation. That would be less than good.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Kate

"Yeah, me neither..." She frowned. "Although that guy I mentioned might be able to help you teleport."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:00 pm

Finley:

"Dr. Science? The one that's getting me out of my legal problems potentially?" It figured that he'd be someone to be able to give me teleportation powers.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:03 pm

Kate

She shrugged. "I sometimes wonder if there's anything he can't do if you give him the time. Although it might not be worth the side-effects." She frowned. "There was this one time that... you don't need to hear that."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:05 pm

Finley:

Okay now I was curious. If I didn't need to hear it, I wanted to hear it. "What is it? you have to tell me now!" I demanded, looking over at her with a bit of a grin on my face.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:09 pm

Kate

"Did you hear about that oil spill in the news a while back? Firstly, it wasn't oil. Secondly, it wasn't a spill. It was... I think he killed some kind of extradimensional monster by opening a portal inside it and sucking out whatever was in there. Except, like, it ended up in the Gulf of Mexico." Kate slowed as she pulled off the highway, although not by as much as she should have.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:14 pm

Finley:

"...So the BP oil spill... was because of this guy. ...He caused the BP oil spill, only it wasn't oil, and it was more like... transdimensional exsanguination?" I could feel my eyebrows being up in my head all like: This is nuts. I mean, I couldn't really say that I'd never heard anything weirder, because I helped a man photograph his SKYBOAT once for a fake website for fake whaling jobs, but, you know... I liked to think that maybe the government wasn't lying to me quite so... thickly.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:18 pm

Kate

"Yeah, but don't tell anyone. I'm not even supposed to know. It's high-level superhero stuff that I'm just not part of." She approached a nice-looking house, rather tall and narrow, slowing down sharply. The car squealed to a halt in front of the house, and Kate looked around. "We're here."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:26 pm

Finley:

"Your secret is safe with me. ...Not like I have anyone to talk to at school anyway." I could keep a secret, I was hiding the fact that I was a one man human trafficking ring anyway, what was one more thing to hide on top of it all?

Her house seemed really nice, kinda skinny, but then most of them in this part of town would be... Housing developments being what they were and all. They probably designed the whole cul-de-sac to look similar but unique in the same way. "It's very pretty." I told her, opening the car door.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Kate

"Thanks! Don't tell Meg, but I work four full-time jobs to keep it. In fact-" She stopped talking as a short, plump, pretty Hispanic woman came out of the house and hugged her tightly. "This is Meg, by the way."

Meg

"Hello!" She smiled widely and happily. "You must be Finley!"
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Finley:

And as I got out of the car, I finally met Meg, who I'd been hearing about since I first met Kate. It was exciting to meet her in person. "Yes, nice to finally meet you! Thank you for agreeing to let me stay with you guys, I really appreciate it." I told her, because like, I hadn't had a chance to thank her yet, and it was polite to thank everyone. I wanted to make a good impression.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:59 pm

Meg

She hugged him, still smiling. "It's so good to meet you! Katie's told me all about you. You're room's prepared already. Do you need a hand with your bags?"

Katie

"Give him room to breathe, Meg!" She laughed.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:05 pm

Finley:

And suddenly I was being hugged, and wondering what counted as 'all about me', because like, I was willing to bet that the whale incident wasn't on the 'list of things you tell your wife'. "Uhm, maybe, yeah...Thank you... I have a few boxes to take up... Can't wait to see the place." I told her, smiling. It was so nice to have people around who actually seemed to like me without me needing to act like someone I wasn't. It was a little overwhelming having to think about everything at once, but still nice all the same. Home like, I guess. And I'd just gotten here.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next