the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

2 posters

Page 22 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 22 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:03 pm

"Your Majesty, really, I'm perfectly fine. You've had a very trying day, I'd much prefer you to eat, if you feel up to it." Alice protested, waving off the hand injury like it was nothing. To her, it was. The gouges certainly weren't going to prevent her from doing her job and doing it well.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 22 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Taryn shook their head. "No, really, I'm fine." They insisted. "Really, your hands should be taken care of by someone who knows what they are doing, they could get infected," Taryn rambled. They trusted Alice to know the severity of her injuries, but unfortunately that didn't stop the worrying.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:32 pm

Alice sighed and took down her hair, intending to pull it back up into a more organized ponytail when Vandyke burst through their door in a flurry of coattails and a thick cape. "My sweet princess, are you alright?" He asked, brushing past Alice and kneeling in front of them. "Are you hurt, M'lady?" He brushed his hand across their cheek. "You must be so frightened, I'm sure. Don't worry, I'm here now."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Taryn jumped when he entered the room, not expecting it, and quite honestly a little bit jumpy now to begin with. "I'm fine, yes, Alice handled things wonderfully," they said, taking the hand that had brushed their cheek. They suppressed the comment about how he wasn't exactly the inspiring picture of security.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:44 pm

Vandyke waved his hand, dismissing Alice's contribution. "Yes, Alexander- your newest bodyguard- informed me of the little tussle he had with the man who tried to harm you. I'm so pleased he's been of service to you, my princess." He kissed the top of the hand. Alice bristled at the easy way Vandyke attributed her skill to a man who thought spies were a reliable enough source of information to kill the assassin without first questioning him.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:59 pm

Taryn frowned, but really was unable to argue. Vandyke's presence was very exhausting and after everything, they just couldn't help it. They just nodded, looking at floor. Alice had been right that Taryn did need something, rest or food, but certainly not Vandyke.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:02 pm

Alice watched them and stepped forward. "My Lord, I understand your worry for Their Majesty, but they're quite exhausted after a long and trying day. Perhaps your presence would be of more help in the morning after they've had a chance to sleep."

He turned his head and scowled at Alice, still kneeling before Taryn, but Alice just lifted her chin and stared him down. She was implacable and distant, unimposing except for the ice in her eyes that warned Vandyke not to push her. He pursed his lips. "Is that what you'd like me to do, sweet princess?"
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Taryn looked between the two unsure what to do. Did they deny their fiance a chance to spend time with them? Was that even okay? They didn't particularly want to see him right now, they would prefer to spend time with Alice. "I uh...what would you like dear?" they asked, not looking at him, but staring hard at the floor.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:47 pm

Vandyke shot Alice a smug look and kissed their cheek. "I knew you wanted me to stay, my princess. I'll send for Alexander and spend the night here with you to make sure you're safe. It was worrying to hear you'd been attacked today. Thank goodness Alexander was here to protect you."

Alice narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips. "Lord Vandyke, I'm sure you understand that, even under these troubling circumstances and the lack of answers available to us at this moment, it's absolutely inappropriate for you to stay the night with Their Majesty before you're wed."

Vandyke stood up and crowded Alice, lording his height and the fifty or so pounds he had on her over her. She was hardly intimidated and quirked an eyebrow. His lip curled, nostrils flaring, and he clenched his fingers, a word away from slapping her for her impudence. "You shouldn't speak so boldly, girl. It will get you into trouble."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:51 pm

Taryn looked between the two, when he looked away, a small look of panic across their face for a moment. They grabbed Vandyke's hand in a desperation to make sure he didn't lash our at Alice, and to sooth him. "My dear, she is just doing her job and looking out for me, please don't be angry with her," They said quickly. They weren't sure what they were supposed to do in this situation, sure nothing was supposed to happen, but who is to assume something would?
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:23 pm

Vandyke sighed and patted their hand condescendingly. "Alright, my sweet. But only because you've had such a trying day and I don't want to upset you any more for the evening." He sneered at Alice and her arm twitched with the desire to go for her knife, to gut him like the squealing pig he was. She stayed in place though, chin tilted up and face impassive, completely unreactionary even while Vandyke jeered at her and everything she was.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:37 pm

Taryn nodded, unsure what to say to that. They looked over at Alice for a moment, offering a brief apologetic look. They looked back at their soon to be husband. "Why don't we relax," they said quickly, remembering they were supposed to be sort of entertaining.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Alice pursed her lips and stepped back, since Vandyke had made it clear to her he wasn't going to. She retreated to a darkened corner of their bedroom, letting the shadows envelop her. Vandyke, meanwhile, smiled and sat down on the bed next to them, letting his arm creep around their shoulders til his fingers brushed the outside of their arm. "A bit of relaxing sounds lovely, my sweet. Why don't you read a bit of poetry to me, hmmm? Wouldn't that be romantic?"
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Taryn allowed themselves to be steered onto the bed, and allowed his arm around them. "Oh sure, poetry," they said absently, really not up to it, but not feeling they had much of an option. Refusing didn't seem like a good idea. They pulled the nearest book they could find towards them.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:52 pm

Vandyke waited patiently for them to start reading as Alice stood guard in the corner, rolling her eyes at the prince, his pompous voice grating on the last of her nerves.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:09 pm

Taryn began to read, but their voice lacked any real enthusiasm. They were tired, and felt vulnerable sitting there reading. Taryn wanted to be wrapped up in Alice's arms, kissing her like they had before. They continued to read, unaware of what exactly they were reading, forgetting the words as soon as they left their lips.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:18 pm

Alice held her tongue while they read but the longer it went on the less inclined she was to allow Vandyke's presence any further. It was clear to her that they were tired and upset and hardly in a fit state to be entertaining a cad like Vandyke. She stepped out of the shadows, startling Vandyke into releasing Taryn to clutch at his chest when Alice appeared seemingly from nowhere. "Lord Vandyke, I must insist you take your leave now. The hour is late and Their Majesty needs to rest. I'm sure you understand. After all, you do want what's best for them."

Vandyke's lips twisted in a grimace, flicking his eyes up and down Alice in dismissal. "Of course I do. I was just about to excuse myself for the night, in fact, before you spoke out of turn, girl." He said, then turned to grin beatifically at Taryn. He kissed their cheek and stood up, smoothing out the crumpled fabric of his cloak. "I'll see you tomorrow, Princess." He swept out of the bedroom like the puffed up peacock he was.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:28 pm

Taryn looked between the two again, unsure what exactly to say to that. They smiled back at Vandyke, doing a little kissing cheek thing right back at him, getting up and seeing him out of their room. They closed the door once he was gone, and leaned against it, sliding down the door onto the floor. "Thanks," they said softly.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:32 pm

Alice shrugged. "You've had an excessively long day, Your Majesty. It was but a small thing to remind him that it's late and you need your sleep. Shall I call the maids to help you undress?" She asked, heading for the door.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:38 pm

"No, no more people,' They said, getting up and pulling at the fabric until it came undone. That process took a few minutes, but it worked well enough. "HOw're your hands?" they asked her as they changed. They put on a silk night dress and sat down on the bed.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:43 pm

Alice nodded, then turned her back as they changed into their nightclothes. She sighed when they asked about her hands. "Your Majesty, my hands will be fine. There's really no need to concern yourself with it. It's part of the life I lead. My hands are hardly the worst injury I've ever sustained." She assured them.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:48 pm

Taryn nodded, looking down. "Okay, I'm sorry, "they said. "Will you stay again?" They asked quickly, not sure if it was the need for comfort or safety that they wanted right now. Maybe both, they honestly weren't sure. They so desperately wanted a drink, but didn't know if they could stomach it.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:00 am

Alice turned back around and titled her head, looking at them. "Would you like me too, Your Majesty?"
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:12 am

Taryn nodded, getting up and moving over to her. "If you don't mind?"they said hesitantly, really not feeling particularly powerful or in charge at the moment.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:45 am

Alice shook her head. "Not at all, Your Majesty." she said, combing her fingers through the ends of her hair in an attempt to rid herself of the knots tangled throughout it.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum