the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Hunger Games - Page 5 Empty Re: The Hunger Games

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Iliana: I pondered whether to help the guy out or not. On one hand, simply untangling him couldn't teach him much, couldn't give him much of an advantage. But would everyone see me as weak if I did help? I could already feel how the pressure would build when it came to the arena. I had almost decided to help when I saw that someone else had beat me to it. Now the guy was constructing a simple trap, looked like I wouldn't have to worry about his skill when it came to knot-tying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:35 pm

Rose: I moved on to a harder knot, and that took me longer. "Here." I said, holding up my new knot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:42 pm

Iliana: I raised an eyebrow at her knot. It was completely amateur. Then again, not all of us could come from district 4, district of the sea. Where knots were our pride. "Keep practicing."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 pm

(I felt like making avatars for my characters: so here they are.
CASPIAN
The Hunger Games - Page 5 95a2834

ASHLEE
The Hunger Games - Page 5 105d679
)

Caspian: I made some simple traps at first, maybe some things to try to catch some animals if the chance was given during the Games, and I kept eyeing Rose and then the Career girl. I knew the Career girl would be hard to get on an alliance, but Rose was most definitely skilled. I'd have to ask her at lunch, that'll be the best way to go.

Ashlee: I made my way over to the knot station, sighing as I watched the rest of the girls and flipped my brown hair, smiling as I lifted up a piece of rope and started to idly tied it into a bow.

Last edited by SoccerStarx on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:53 pm

(Aw they're so little and cute!)

Iliana: I had a feeling I wasn't going to earn an alliance with either of these to, not the way things were going. I didn't even know if they were skilled, though, so it didn't matter. If they showed me they could do something worthwhile then I'd consider, if they even wanted me. I had a feeling they were hostile towards me because I was a Career, or was assumed to be one. A girl walked up, smiling and tied a bow. Seriously? Who needed accessories in the arena? She looked weak and unskilled. An easy target.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Ashlee: I noticed the District Four girl, who I recognized from the reapings, look at me doing nothing. Seriously, I was just wasting time because I knew that this was the chance for people to underestimate me. She looked powerful, but I think I could outrun her. Was I too confident? I took out my satin red ribbon, my token. It belonged to my younger sister, who was only four and didn't know what was going on. I put it back into the pocket of my shorts and fiddled with the rope.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Iliana: And then she took out a real, silky-looking ribbon, her token I assumed. Maybe there was some significance to bows in her district? My token was a piece of sea glass, that had been naturally worn into the shape of a crescent moon. The glass was a few colors mushed together, uncommon for sea glass. It reminded me of an oil spill. I wasn't sure why I had been given a fragile token, maybe to remind me not to out rule anyone who was weak? I studied the girl again, thinking she might just be putting on an act.

Corrigan: I shuffled into the training room a little late. It looked like there was a group crowded around the knot-tying station. The girl tribute from my district, Iliana, was over there showing off. Even after our mentor had warned us against just that. I shook my head, thinking how she was going to make herself predictable, and be one of the first to die. I made my way over to the camouflage station, thinking I could use some help in the artistic-department of hiding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Lawl. REvive?

Ashlee: I kicked my legs up, folding one over the other while my fingers twirled through the ropes. Was I good at this? Not really. I did attempt to make lanyards in my free time and I did have a good collection of them, but these were sort of different. I did nothing: just wasting time like I wanted to until the private training started. Then, I began to whistle

Caspian: I glared at Ashlee, who stopped after rolling her eyes. I got up, having enough with the rope, and walked over to the camouflage station, taking up some colors and then rubbing it against my already dark skin: would this work? It all depended on the arena.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:04 pm

(What does lawl mean?)

Corrigan: I watched as the other guy put some paint on his skin. I was very confused about camouflage. I had a mechanical mind. "Are you any good at this?"

Iliana: Now she was whistling. My token must have been a sign that she was weak, indeed. Who whistled while training? We were all about to go into a fatal battle. Well, fatal for all but one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:14 pm

(Laughing a whole lot :/ Pretty much a variation of lol.)

Caspian: "Not really... we dont do this much where I'm from," I replied, digging my fingers in the many paints. I couldn't possibly know what the arena could be. A giant volcano? A plateau? A raging desert? A snowstorm? A rainforest? A giant forest? It could be a combination of all of them. "I'm just trying my best," I finally said again, taking the black paints and rubbing them under my eyes.

Ashlee: I began to look at everybody else, and then examining my nails. They were still fine. I looked at the ribbon again, and then finally I decided to do something, just to be random. I got up to my feet and then pivoted my hips, performing a cartwheel straight to the next section which was about knives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:56 am

(Oh haha)

Corrigan: "Me too, that's all anyone can hope I'll do if I'm not tying knots. Or the few other things I'm good at." I glared at the little tubs of paint, trying to decide what colors to use. Natural was always good, wasn't it? I doubted the game makers would plop us down in a hot pink terrain.

Iliana: "Show-off," I mumbled. I could do cartwheels, handsprings and flips, but I wasn't about to show my enemies that. Not that I could outsmart them with a stunt like that, but it was good to have a secret weapon. This girl didn't seem to have a very wise mentor if they hadn't told her something along those lines.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Rose: I ducked away from the group, heading over to camouflage. I painted some stuff all sorts of different colors. A snowy white. An ocean blue. Forest green. I added a bunch of leaves to the forest one. Not bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Ashlee: Lalalala... Ooh, pointy! I looked at the different array of knives and listened as the instructor told me about how to hold the knives, throw the knives and then use them to kill and hunt. I quickly picked up one, wrapping my thin fingers around it and then angling it towards the targey, launching it forward as the knife plunged into the target: not perfect, nor bad. I guess a knife would be a decent weapon?

Caspian: With the colors that they offered, would it be a hint to the arena? But, they had arrayed out them in a perfect color wheel, from the darkest black to the purest white. They didn't want to give anybody an unfair advantage, right? But that's like having a giant pool arena and then having District Four careers dominate. It wasn't fair. "Heh, but, I think they will only give you paints in backpacks or sponsor gifts or something..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:46 pm

(oh wow, i didn't even know you were at camouflage. i just pulled a random one out my butt. wow.)

Rose: "I think they're using the paint to represent tree sap or something. Pigments in plants or whatever." I said thoughtfully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:48 pm

Caspian: Trees, something I'm good at. "Aah, tree sap, useful." But, it was really too sticky. Even for syrup, it had to be diluted. Molasses could also be useful for traps, which gave it some use in the Games. I really was anxious to get it over with, but there was a small chance that I'll win. The private training had just started, as the District 1 boy left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Rose: "I suppose, if you want to make amber." I said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:55 pm

Corrigan: "I don't think they're leaving us any clues through the camouflage paints. This is the same material used each year to make the paint." The last time a tribute had won from District 4 they came back with some pain on their arm. Our district had figured out exactly what it was made of, and this seemed to be the same substance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Caspian: "Oh, boo, I guess if I try everything here that might help me." District 7 hasn't had a victor since Johanna Mason, which was four years ago, who was my mentor. She was rather cold and emotionally, and often she and Ashlee squabbled. I smiled, thinking about the fight that they had which involved Ashlee throwing a bottle of hair spray at her eyes. "Do I look like a tree now?" I say, trying to bury my dark skin and training clothes with paint to look like a tree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Corrigan: I cracked a smile, even though I didn't want to make friends with people I might have to kill. "You look like a child's finger painting, not that I've done any better." I gestured at my attempt of camouflage, which looked stripy and unnatural. I sighed. "I don't think this is really my area of expertise."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Caspian: "Yeah, I guess," I took some cloth and started to wipe myself down, the paint off of me. Avoid fire-starting: I know how to do that. I suspiciously eyed the plants, about which plants were poisons or not. "Want to go there? I mean, food may be an issue."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Corrigan: "Good idea, I don't know much about plants that don't grow near the beach. I should broaden my horizons." I walked over to the plant station, seeing very few I recognized. I picked one and asked the boy "Do you know what this one is?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:55 pm

Caspian: "No clue, I pretty much know trees and trees." Beach... District Four, maybe? Damn, a career probably: I knew that I was making friends with the wrong people. You could never trust Careers, they just wanted to win. I took a deep breath but then smiled, playing along. "I think that one is pretty healthy," I pointed towards a poisonous one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:59 pm

Corrigan: I could tell from the red pigmentation that the one he pointed out was poisonous. Was he joking? Or was he trying to trip up the competition? I chuckled, deciding to take it as a joke. "Pick again - that one would kill you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Caspian: "Oh... I guess that'll cost me my life in the arena!" I laughed, trying to play off the attempt. Was he as bad as most Careers? I looked at hmi for a second, picking up another one and then examining it. It looked familiar: but I was't exactly sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:13 pm

Corrigan: "That one is healthy." I pointed out the green, lush leaves of it, and the absence of berries or red. "I can't remember what it's called, but it won't kill you. I wonder if the plants are a clue?" I thought of how the paints definitely weren't, so these probably weren't either. Especially since there was such a wide variety.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next