the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Hunger Games - Page 4 Empty Re: The Hunger Games

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:32 pm

I've totally lost count of everything. The book is so complicated....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:03 pm

we need to start this chat!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:12 pm

OK, how about we go onto the public training?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Sounds good to me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Caspian: My mentor gave me strict advice, to try new things: to not show what I was good at or what I was bad at. Honestly, I knew that tree cutting and identifying plants were going to be super easy, as I worked in the woods all day, and I knew how to work an axe so fighting was out of the question. Archery, maybe? After dining on a delicious meal of sausages, pancakes with a delicious blueberry syrup and a cheese omelette, I decided to make my way to the archery table. I picked up a bow and some arrows, shakily holding it and trying to aim. I closed one eye, trying to angle it correctly as the advisor shot advice at me. I shot it and then watched it soar and hit in the middle: average. I frowned, and then tried again, aiming more towards the middle. I looked over at Ashlee, who was just prancing around.

Ashlee: My hair still had small streaks of green in them, but they looked like highlights so I was fine with it. Honestly, I didn't work with axes that much at home. I mainly went and collected wood when it was cut, so I did have some upper body strength - and speed. I decided to keep up my harmless little girl act so I wasn't targeted much, smiling and batting my eyelashes at a boy from District 1, who waved at me. Careers. Bleh. I looked at Caspian and then rolled my eyes, as I kept on walking. He did look sort of cute though, now that he was re-done by the stylists. I stopped by the firestarting area, which I already knew how to do, and easily made a fire to show my worth to possible people wanting an alliance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Rose: The sword table was calling my name. But my mentor told me to stay away until the evals. So I went to archery. There was a guy there. "Hey." I said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Caspian: "Oh, hey, I'm Caspian... from District 7." I smiled at the girl, holding out my hand to shake. I didn't really want to make friends, knowing that only one person in this room would come out alive, but seriously, I find myself thinking that there was a chance that I could be the victor. I eyed the Careers and took a big gulp: and then took another shot and it easily missed the target I was aiming for... and shot a bullseye in the one next to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Rose: "Rose, District 8." I said, shaking the hand offered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:04 pm

Caspian: "Oh, cool..." I said, not feeling much conversation come into play. Did I really want to make friendships and alliances knowing that they wouldn't last... but they really went a long way in the games. I've seen a 12 year old win by just being friends with the right people. I eyed Ashlee.. was that what she was doing... the same strategy can't win her the Hunger Games, but I'm devoted to protect her. "Whats District 8 like?"

(Are we going to have the two tributes from a district can win rule?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:06 pm

(we were supposed to make two districts.)

Rose: "It's nice. We make clothes. Nothing special."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:06 pm

(hello!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:10 pm

(Heyy && what?)

Caspian: "That's still pretty cool I guess, I mean, at least its not anything boring. Without you, the Capitol would be running naked." [i]They can do anything without us. Houses? They got metal. Heat? District 3. Energy? Probably District 6. We could only build things for them, really. Would their buildings really be structured without us... what will the Capitol be without the Districts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:15 pm

Rose: I laughed. "Yeah. That makes sense."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:47 pm

Caspian: I held up my bow and arrow, and took another shot: shooting in the zone that was about a 4. Once again, I didn't really excel at this, nor was I horrible at it. It was pretty fun, but I knew using this wouldn't be worth risking my life. Honestly, I might just kill somebody by hitting them in the eye while trying to aim for somebody else. Now, that'll be pretty funny. "Are you any good at this?" I asked simply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Rose: I picked up a bow, aimed, and let go of the string. It landed on target. "That answer your question?" I smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:07 pm

Caspian: Great with a bow, that'll be an asset to have... but do I totally trust her? I raised an eyebrow and then nodded. "Wow, I'm breathless..." they could be great for ambushes, as I had great dexterity when it came to axes, as I could even throw them. "Want to head over to the knot place? I want to see if that could come in handy for traps..." The careers from 4 were showing there stuff all over the place, tying the most advanced knots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:08 pm

Rose: "Sure." I said, and walked over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Iliana: I walked into the training room and surveyed each station carefully. We weren't supposed to show-off our strengths during public training but my hands were itching to tie some knots. I headed over to the knot station and picked up a thick string. Then I began tying one knot after the next, intently focused.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Rose: "Impressive" I said to the girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Iliana: I smirked up at her, since I knew I was doing well. And because I didn't know how to smile, since I had never had any use for one. "I'd hope so after tying knots for fishing nets my whole life. Wanna give it a go?" I held the string out to her. I wasn't supposed to be friendly to the competition but if she could tie knots, too then I could rule out another possible ally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Rose: I took the string and looked at the chart of knots. I started with something simple, and after a few minutes, I held it up to her. Mine was pathetic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:20 pm

Caspian: I looked and saw that there was another thing I wasn't good at: knots. My fingers were currently all tied up in the rope, and every time I tried to pull, it felt like my fingers were coming off. "Any help here?" I called out, trying to weave my meaty fingers out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Rose: I set down my string, and undid the string from around Caspian's fingers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Caspian: "Thank you," I simply breathed, letting my fingers lay on the knots and then tie a series of simple knots together to make a small trap, something less complicated then what I was trying. I at least had enough hand skills to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next