the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh there's no place like London...

4 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Oh there's no place like London... - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh there's no place like London...

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:55 am

Edmund: I look at the gypsy guy too. Can he read my palms? Or tell me when I'm gonna die? Suddenly, he opens his eyes and looks at me. I shudder a bit as they meet mine. Can he even see? But he grins and leans down to get a better look at me. "Don't worry," he says suddenly and his voice is strange, hypnotic. "Your life is changing like the tides of the ocean. They've told you you were diseased and in doing so plagued your very being. But rest assured, Edmund." He pats my head like a brother. "Your cage is wearing away."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Oh there's no place like London... - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh there's no place like London...

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:57 am

Lucy: Peter digs around in his pockets for a moment and unearths an ancient looking tarnished locket. "How much is this worth?" he asks.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:58 am

Ambrosia - I watch Edmund and him carefully, listening to what he had to say. Was he able to read minds? Was he saying that Edmund was healthy? I hoped so, because Edmund was the only one I truly cared for.
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:02 pm

Dustin: He gasped. He'd seen the gypsy man from around the corner. It was true! He had a third eye, why else would he have a patch over his forehead like that? He looked blind, though. But the gypsy had looked straight at the one rich-looking man. Maybe he wasn't. Maybe he ought to experiment, just in case. He stuck his tongue out and made a face at the gypsy man. "Blaaaahhh!" And then ducked behind the corner, peeking to see his reaction. Did he see it?
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Edmund: "Whoa!" I say, eyes wide. I start coughing and put a hankercheif to my mouth until it settles down. The guy's eyes stay where they are and I can just barely make out a bandage from under his hat. "Do that again!" I say. He grins but holds out his hand. "Will I be rewarded for this then?" he asks. I turn around to Damien, my eyes wide. "Well whatare you waiting for? Pay the good man."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:07 pm

Canary: she took the locket from him and prodded it with delicate fingers, opened it, and clicked it shut again. It was very old, and a pretty thing. She had to smile when she looked at it, wondering what stories lay behind it. (Uhh,...I don't know how much it would cost XD.) "This should be enough," she said, and pulled out a pound. "It's very pretty. Inticate. I'd love to buy it from you."

Last edited by Jacky K. on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Ambrosia - I frowned, I didn't want to owe Damien a dime, but since Edmund wanted it I said nothing. "Damien, will you please."

Damien - I sigh and pull out the money, handing it to him reluctantly, "This is a waste of my money, those gems would be a much better buy." I say.

Ambrosia - "Must you always be so rude," I snap.
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:09 pm

Noah: "Ah, friend," I say as my eye starts to move again. It eventually lands on a manic purple and orange mass. Purple, the color of madness. Or else paranoia, which probably makes more sense for a child. And then orange, like curiosity. "Do you know your friends owe me money? Why don't you come closer so I may see you?"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Ambrosia - I watch the gypsy closely. I wonder what his life is like. If it's any better than mine. Mine was a life of comfort, yes, but also of being caged.
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Dustin: He jumped. Was he talking to him? He reluctantly crept out of his hiding place, cocking his head at the man. Could he see him?
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Ambrosia - I see a cute little street boy come out and look at the gypsy curiously. I loved watching the world around me.

Damien - I sighed impatiently
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Edmund: The guy sniffs the money, opening the little purse and handing it back to me. "How much is that?" he asks. I count and tell him and he frowns. "What?so cheap? I expected more patronage from such a famous family. Me, just a lowly blind man who must take care of his aging grandmother. And only I may do it- the rest of my family exists only in the spirit world. But alas, who am I to be ungrateful?" He raises an eyebrow and I take out my own wallet. "Hiw about twenty more pounds? I'm afraid that's all my parents would give me."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:17 pm

Ambrosia - "Edmund, don't give all your money, here," I say handing him all the money I had on me. "Give this and keep your money, you and I both know that father won't give you more for a while."
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Lucy: "You may keep both," I say suddenly. "Use the money as a bribe- sell that necklace to no one and the money is yours."

Noah: I take the money that's offered while the kid put his own away. "Hey, child. Come here please," I call to the homeless kid. I look back at the others, who all look like blurry masses in front of me. "Please step inside the caravan. My grandmother has been waiting for quite sometime."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Quick interjection: Hehe, my sister's name is Lucy. Sorry, haven't been stalking the thread, just happened to see that. Carry on

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Ambrosia - Knowing that Edmund wouldn't leave I let Damien help me into the caravan. "Edmund, be careful," I tell him.

Damien - "Are you sure this is safe?" I growl not trusting the gypsy
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Canary: "Oh," she looked at the locket. It was a very pretty locket, even if it was old. "Thank you kindly." Why would she want to get rid of it? She dropped it in her apron pocket nonetheless. "Anything else I can do for you, Miss?"

Dustin: He cautiously crept in front of the man. He tipped his hat up, trying to get a better look at him. Sketchy. Real sketchy.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Noah: I ignore the noble and grin down at the kid. "Twenty five pounds. Fork it over," I say as I open my hand.

Noah's grandmother is a very pretty but very old woman with long grey hair and piercing brown eyes. She sits in a pile of blankets and pillows smoking and gestures for the nobles to sit. "Come, come, I don't have time for stupid questions." The walls are lined with various strange and exotic looking viles and pots.

Lucy: "No," says Peter quickly as he grabs my arms and goes to leave.

PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Ambrosia - I do as the lady says. "I apologize if this is a foolish question, but your grandson said you have been waiting, waiting for what?" I wonder curiously.
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Dustin: his mouth dropped open when he glimpsed the inside of the caravan. Bet there was some expensive stuff in there.

Canary: she watched the girl leave. How odd. She plucked the intricate little locket from her pocket and dangled it in her hand. It glinted in the sun.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Noah: "Hey," I say as I bend down to the kid's level. "I said your friend owed me money. I'd rather have you pay it off now before I get my grandmother..."

Noah's grandmother smiles. "Of course I've been waiting. It's not my fault that you people seem to work of different scheduals. Now come here." In an instant, the woman has grabbed the girl under her chin and forced her to look up at her, breathing smoke into her face.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Ambrosia - I hold back my cough.

Damien - "What on earth are you doing?" I ask furiously.
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:47 pm

(I'm always confused as to which kid he's talking to XD I thought the rich one went in to see the grandmother, or am I wrong?)
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:49 pm

(No you're right he's talking to you.)
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Dustin: "Me? Why me? I don't have any money, mister." He took a step back. Real sketchy.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next