the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the masquerade

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

the masquerade Empty the masquerade

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:13 am

It is 1899, in New York City, where the wealthy give grand and extravagant parties among friends and rumors and gossip run rampant in the papers afterward. Women and girls are educated in manners and the arts, and men are gentleman, but when left alone, they trade champagne for whiskey and gamble.
The newly wedded Diana Hawthorne is throwing a masked ball on December 10, 1899. She and her new husband have invited all of their friends and acquaintances. The evening will be one of drinking, gossip, and lots and lots of scandal. Rumors will fly, reputations trashed, and a night they will all want to forget.

Okay, we need both boy and girl charries here. You are welcome to pick Diana Hawthorne, but she wasn't intended to be a major character. But she can be. Also, if you want you charrie to be married, please make their spouse. It would make it a lot easier.

Format:
Name: Rosalie Swan
Married?: no
Appearance: violet eyes, curly brown hair, thin, petite
outfit: floorlength lavender gown with pearls strung on the skirt, sleeveless with lavender silk roses along the collar, straps falling just under the shoulders, hair pulled up into a beautiful updo, a single sapphire on a gold chain that her father gave her before he died, blue and purple feathered mask with beads sewn into it
notes: wealthy heiress to a

Back to top Go down

the masquerade Empty Re: the masquerade

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:18 am

Notes (continued from my failure): steel company, her father was partners with Andrew Carnegie, so her father earned tons of money. Father died of cholera a year ago, and her mother still hasn't recovered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:42 am

Count on me to join this chat... just a second.

Last edited by Avery.The.Cannibal on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:55 am

Name: Emerson Lathe
Married?: No
Appearance: Chestnut brown hair, nright green eyes, light tan, tall, lean muscles, bright smile
Outfit: Black pants, white shirt, silk tie the color of dried blood, his hair is down and disheveled, oh! Black coat-- tailored to him, silk mask with gold swirls on it, slighlty hypnotic
Notes: His parents, head of a prestigous oil company, passes the year before, leaving him with all of their fortune. His is one of the wealthiest at the party. He has a reputaion of having a "dark side."

Name: Quiterie Boviex
Married?: No
Appearance: Blonde hair, grey eyes, pale, modelesque, tall
Outfit: Floorlength green gown, strapless, grey accents on the top and bottom, elbow length green gloves, make done simply -- smokey eye pale lip, her hair is half up, some forming a crown, the rest flows down to her lower back in ringlets
Notes: She was born to a wealthy family, who really have no business being rich. They aren't founders of any companies, they're just... Rich.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:58 am

Like and like. Lol ty for joining!

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Yeah, no problem. You wanna start?
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:14 pm

Sure.

Rosalie: The driver stopped the carriage in front of Mr. and Mrs. Hawthorne's new home. The door opened and the driver held my hand while I stepped out. I walked inside, heels clicking against the concrete. A butler took my shawl and another announced my arrival. I curtsied and smiled, then walked into the crowd, taking a glass of champagne from a tray wihout missing a step.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:20 pm

Emerson: I talked with Diana for a while beofre a few people entered, a girl and a few guys. She had to have been a friends of Mr. Hawthorne because if she had been a friend of Diana's I would have met her. The butler passed, and she grabbed a cup of champagne then came to me, offering. Inodded and took my cup. I glanced back at the girl and raised an eyebrow. That's how I recognized her... Her name was Rosalie. Her father.. He- He had worked with Mr. Carnagie.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Rosalie: I bumped into a gentleman, spilling his champagne. "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!" I cried, pulling out a handkerchief and handed it to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:45 pm

Emerson: I smiled brightly at the girl and shrugged. "It's just a shallow stain. Not even through the jacket," I said, shugging off my coat, leaving my in a white button up. I rolled my sleeves up and fixed my tie. "I'm Emerson Lather." I bowed slightly.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:51 pm

Rosalie: "It still doesn't change the fact that I'm sorry. I'm Rosalie Swan." I said, and curtsied.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Emerson: "Nice to meet you, Ms. Swan. Does you father, by any chance, work with Mr. Carnagie?" I asked.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Rosalie: I froze, and put an animated smile on. "Why, yes he did!" I said, stalling at having to say the words he died.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:08 pm

Joining!

Name: Aidan Paulson
Married?: no
Appearance: Dark eyes, pale with a few freckles, messy red hair, stocky and muscular
outfit: A black blazer and slacks, white shirt with a gray vest, and a red mask
Notes: His father owns a coal mining facility and he works for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Kewl! Thanks for joining!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:14 pm

No problem... what's going on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Emerson: I paused and pursed my lips, studying her face. "I'm sorry... Um, I didn't realize." Her smile was obviously fake, she said did, and then she paused. My eyes instantly took on her underlying mood and turned sad.

Quiterie: I walked into the party, lifting my gown, not only revealing black heels, so it wouldn't drag. I greeted the Hawthornes and made my way to get a glass of water.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:34 pm

They're at a masked ball. Rosalie bumped into Emerson and spilled champagne on him. They're chatting.

Rosalie: "its fine. I'm fine. Nothing to worry about." Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a girl enter whho lifted her skirt well above her knees. I nearly dropped my glass, and my mouth gaped. The papers will eat her for that. She sealed her fate for the morning already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:39 pm

Aidan: I'm never invited to formal events such as this. My social status never allowed me to go to a party. Yet, here I am. I take a sip of my chapagne, scanning the room. No one knows who I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:41 pm

(lol, I only meant like... over her ankles.)

Quiterie: I smiled at the girl who had her mouth open at me and let the dress drop to the floor. No champagne for me... Nothing could cloud my mind tonight. This was my first big party and I wasn't going to let anything ruin it.

Emerson: I wached the girl enter and grin at Rosalie. Then she just turned and walked away from people, toward the drinks. "I'll bet it's her first."
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Rosalie: "no doubt." I said, knowing I shared the same thoughts of dozens of other people. I turned back to Emerson. I had read about him in the papers on the same page as articles about my father. "I must say, Mr. Lather, you look rather dashing this evening. Although, I heard that the traditional color for a tie was black." I giggled slightly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:50 pm

Emerson: "Thank you very much. And you as well," I nodded. "I know, but I love going against traditions." I grinned, hearing my possible meanings. The whiskey trade was thick at this point and everyone wanted a ice of the action.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:53 pm

Aidan: I gaze up at the girl who came in. "Is this your first party?" I ask her, my Irish accent breaking through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:54 pm

Rosalie: "thank you. I dislike tradition as well."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:57 pm

Quiterie: He's Irish... I'm French... Anyone normal here? I blushed a little and smiled. "Obvious?" I asked, hoping he'd say know, but thinking that the answer was probably yes.

Emerson: I grinned. "Then we make quite a pair."
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next