the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet Another Victorian Chat!

3 posters

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

Yet Another Victorian Chat! - Page 22 Empty Re: Yet Another Victorian Chat!

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:10 pm

Ella bit her lip, and took a step to the stairs. But at the last minute she dashed the other way to freedom, just barely slipped past the man at the door.

Chance cocked an eyebrow at the fire-breather. "No problem," he said, and slipped into the crowd, studying the strange faces and costumes.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Lucien: I began to dance with whoever asked me. The circus Ppeformers walk about the room as though their presence were completely normal. Men on stilts, women with tattoos, acrobats testing and turning about. No one ever asked another their name- it's the one and only rule. But as someone who isn't suppose to be here, it's a rule I don't mind complying with.

Dmitri boredly watches the girl run off before knocking on the door. "Get the dogs," he calls down the stairs.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Ella dashed down the street, her heart pounding like a drum. She barely felt her feet touch the ground, all she knew was that she had to keep going. But then she heard something. Barking dogs.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Dmitri watches as one of the servants lets go of the three black Skyes family dogs. The go taking off after the girl and Dmitri leans on the doorframe in wait.. It'd only be a matter of time now.

Lucien: Suddenly, the flames all turn black. Nimble servants with chairs hurriedly place them about the room and the dancing starts to slow. I curse and start looking for Chance. Time for him to go.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:29 pm

(Sorry I'm taking so long Razz i keep on getting interrupted)

Ella cursed and tried to run faster, but the dogs were gaining fast, snarling behind her. She gasped when one bit her skirts, tugging her backward. She kicked it away and dashed to the nearest tree as the other two nipped at her heels. She jumped for a branch, and heaved herself onto it, just out of reach of their snapping jaws.

Chance watched as the room began to transform, and saw Lucien looking for him. Damn it. He blended with the crowds, hoping to stay a moment longer.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Lucien: Damn it! If I don't get him out of here, who knows what he'd do? People start taking their seats and a man stands up near the band with a girl (Eliza.) The guy's one of my brothers, George probably, but I've never seen the girl before in my life. "Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the auction to commence. My eyes widen and I continue to push through the crowd. "Chance!" I whisper. "Chance, damn it!"

Dmitri snaps his fingers after awhile, a signal for the dogs to come back. It didn't matter now- she was Skyes property. She'd be back here soon.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:40 pm

It's ok, I don't mind. Smile
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Ella sighed with relief when the dogs started to back off and trotted away to the secret door. Maybe she could get away now. She waited a few more moments to make sure the dogs didn't come back, then jumped out of the tree.

Chance eluded her eyes, always making sure that she was facing away from him. He saw someone's mask on the floor and traded it for his. Now she couldn't tell it was him unless she recognised his strange suit. People started to sit down, and he found a seat near several taller men. It was harder to see, but that meant that she couldn't find him as easily.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Lucien: This is hopeless! After a while, I take a seat near the back and cross my arms. I swear, if he stayed around after the deal we made... But I don't have time to worry as the girl standing with my brother goes into the back room and comes back with a shaking woman. "For out first bid," says George," A woman of Italian descent, hair has never been cut, unable to read, and a virgin." A few people walk up to observe her. "She has the voice of an angel and the arches of her feet have fallen. The nails are horrid, but her organs are in working order. Her heart, however, is a tad fragile. The bid starts at one hundred pounds."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Chance nearly called out 'A Black Market!' But managed to keep his mouth shut. So this was the big secret. he had to tell somebody, tell Mr. Blackrow, the bobbies, someone. But for now he could just stick around and wait for whatever might happen.

(i don't think Ella would just go back on her own accord, so how should she get back?)
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Lucien: After two women, a set of twin boys, and a man later, the girl gently unrolls a set of knives. George takes one out and gently touches it to the girl's arm. It cuts her without much effort, but the girl only looks up at George. She isn't even bleeding. "And now," announces George. "The secret to immortality." My eyes widen and my nails dig into the seat. Surely he was joking!

(Hm... That's a good question. I'll have to think on it. Maybe she goes to check on Isadora and finds out she was taken as well?)
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:12 pm

(hmm, okay, that might work)

Chance cocked an eyebrow. What was this, a gypsy show? Immortality. He must be joking.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Ella ran back to the city. She'd just remembered Isadora. She'd meant to be back in a few minutes, but instead she'd been gone several hours. She walked through the streets until she reached a used-to-be-boarded up window, and slipped through. "Isadora!" she coughed, waving the dust away. "I'm back. Isadora?"
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Lucien: People start yelling out across the room, but George only has to hold up a hand to silence them. "My friends, I do not jest. A close friend of mine has found the thing which has guided us all in our quests, whether it be for power or else to save another. But rest assure." He takes a tiny vial from his pocket. "The secrets don't come cheap."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Chance's brow furrowed as he looked at the vial. It had to be a trick.

(how should she find out about Isadora?)
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:34 pm

(Maybe she finds a mask on the ground?)

Lucien: "This is ludicris!" I yell suddenly, making sure to disguise my voice. "People have been searching for the secret eversince the beginning of time, and suddenly you just so happen to stumble upon it? While I have always trusted in the good name of the Skyes and all that they stand for, you, George Skyes, are a fraud. Was that even approved by the rest of your family? No, I suppose not!"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:41 pm

Ella walked in further, squinting in the dark. Then she felt something crack beneath her foot and stumbled back. It was...she picked it up. It was broken now, but it was a mask. She gasped. Isadora. She slipped out of the window and dashed through the street, mask in hand.

Chance almost shouted something, too, but managed to keep his mouth shut. The last thing he needed was attention. Lay low, Chance, lay low...
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Lucien: People start murmuring to one another and George's face turns red beneath his mask. Even his assistant, the Eliza girl, starts laughing. I try to keep the smirk from my face as I wait for George to completely lose his cool. "The Skyes are such a professional, great family," I say as I flap my fan. "Its such a shame that their son had to be so pompus. At this rate, he'll destroy all that his family worked for." I stand up and flip my hair over my shoulder. "Now if you'll excuse me, I am famished."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:55 pm

The crowd began to nod, murmer, and head to the food tables, so Chance did, too. Except instead of going to the food tables he slipped out into the hall, unnoticed, put on his original mask and pretended like he had been there the whole time.

Ella dashed to along the stone, looking for a brick that didn't quite look at home. She finally found it, and tried to crack the door open.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Dmitri opens the door and boredly looks down at the girl. "Why are you here?" he asks.

Lucien: I storm through the halls and throw open the door. "Where were you?" I say when I spot Chance. "I tell you go do one thing for me- one thing and one thing only!"

PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Chance pretended to be flustered. "What, did I do something wrong?"
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Ella glared. "Why do you always ask the same dumb question?" She held up the broken mask. "I think one of you dropped something."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Lucien: "Oh, don't play innocent!" I say. "I practically invented that trick, and you're doing a hell of a job." I cross my arms and lean against the wall, a smirk starting to form. "So, how much did you see? If you stayed around, I at least hope you were there to see my splendid speech."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Chance sighed and leaned his head against the wall. "Paranoia."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Lucien: "Fine then," I say. "I won't push it further. If you plan on leaving now, leave the clothes behind the bush outside the main entrance. If you plan on staying for a bit, the performers are finally starting to get interestig."

Dmitri looks down at the mask. "Many people wear masks, little girl," he says, although he couldn't be much older than her. "Why would it be ours?"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next