the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream. It is not dying.

+4
Echo
ßøn∑z
Jacky K.
PavoLights
8 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream.  It is not dying. - Page 6 Empty Re: Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream. It is not dying.

Post by PavoLights Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:50 pm

Rosaline: Marshall's here too? I guess I'll find him after all. I nod no and my eyes slide to the girl next to him. "I like your necklace," I say. She frowns and touches it. "Um, thanks."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream.  It is not dying. - Page 6 Empty Re: Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream. It is not dying.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Jonas
I glance over at Joyce's necklace, confused, then back to Rosaline "Rosaline, this is Joyce, she's my... friend. Joyce, meet Rosaline, Marshall's ex, and Myrah and Mat's mother."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Sad
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Rosaline: The woman nods knowingly and offers to shake my hand. I take it, lifting up her sleeve to check her watch. No hands either. "Who are Mat and Myrah? Is that what he named them?"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:59 pm

*doesn't want to nag, but...* Arm and leg? Sad
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Jonas
"Myrah and Mathias, yes." I nod, smiling sadly "They're great kids, turning 19 soon"

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Rosaline: "I always thought the girl looked like a Lily. I meant to tell him that awhile ago, but then I forgot." I sit back down and start kicking my legs.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Aw Pavo!
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Jonas
"Well... maybe we should get out of the train before it starts up. We don't need to see that little slideshow again" I said, running a hand through my hair with a sigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:52 pm

I just realized Mat is one year older then Jude xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:23 pm

((This seems like a really cool chat Very Happy Would it be okay to bring in a character who hasn't died in any chats, but dies in the book?))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:42 pm

You mean Peter? xD

Sure, go ahead. This chat is pretty dead :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:00 am

((I do indeed xD He's really my favorite character. Which begs the question...why? Answer: DRAMA Razz))

Name: Peter Arkan
Age (that you want them to be, not age they died at): I want him to be 17. Coincidentally, he died at 17.
Appearance: Shaggy brown hair that nearly hangs in his also-brown eyes; average height; thin, wiry form with lean muscles; standard, all-black, stealth Scout attire, though it's rather frayed, tattered, and somewhat bloody; black boots. Constantly accompanied by a purple-eyed barn owl that's often perched on his shoulder (Sesria)
Bio: Peter and Sesria were a soulbonder, working for the Organization of Bonders. Peter was a Scout and had lead his own team. As for the rest of the story, you might find out.
Cause of death: One word...Sybek.
Original chat(s): He's been in a few chats, but he was originally a character from Soulbonders.

Okay, prepare yourself for a bit of a long intro post! *rubs hands* Here we go!))

I'd seen it before.
Once.
I half-floated, half-fell down towards it; it threw life and energy at me, growing stronger the nearer I got. The blue and white lights were blinding, but I couldn't look away. Nine years ago, I'd gazed at the myriad of life, the maelstrom of soul, the ball of incomprehensible size that was the Center of the Planar Universe. I looked to the side, but the surface vanished from my field of vision before I could see it curve away. I faced forward again. The Center pulsed and breathed like a living creature, and as I had before, I felt it flood my mind with its immeasurable power. Before it, I was a child all over again, with that same thrill of fear and excitement, terror and rapture. Awe. Now, however, I wasn't overwhelmed like the first time. As I fell towards it in that timeless space, I didn't feel like the Center would consume me.
It's because this time, you lack a body, a voice told me knowingly. Sesria. I know because I didn't feel the same as you did when you first fell. Things from the material world aren't supposed to be here.
And I've certainly left the material world now, haven't I?
No longer was I tethered to my body, the life's vessel. I, like any other living thing, lost my connection with the world when my vessel failed. To be perfectly honest, it kinda creeped me out to think that somewhere, in some academy, there was an empty shell that bore my face, a dead body that looked like me.
But the Sybek incinerate the bodies anyway, Sesria commented.
Really, that just makes me feel worse. I don't need the mental images of myself being thrown into a fire. And fire was always my friend...
You won't have them for much longer. That's why we're here. We died. Now we're becoming new life.
We died. Those two words... Suddenly, I was struck with a feeling of grief. Grief for the childhood that got taken away those years ago. Grief for the life that got extinguished so early. Dead at seventeen. What sort of cruel world did I live in?
Now...don't feel like that, Sesria spoke gently. This is the end of one journey. You and I have lived for thousands of years in thousands of lifetimes, and we'll keep living and dying thousands of times more. That's just how it goes. But we'll always be together.
You speak so confidently. I thought this was all theory. How can you be so certain of yourself?
I'm not. This is theory. But isn't it my job to comfort you when you're upset?
...Thank you. I think my biggest regret now is to have known you for such a short time. I wish I'd known you all my life, rather than just nine years.
Sesria laughed lightly, the kindhearted laugh I'd grown to love.
You have known me all your life.
And she was right. Sesria was always right.
I could feel it now. The pull of the Center. Soon it would all be over. Soon it might even be beginning.
My life as a bonder began with the Center, and with the Center it would end. The only thing I could do was to close my eyes and let it take me.

((Not really sure where he's gonna end up. With other characters, or no? It seems like everyone's meeting at that weird carnival place. Should I drop him there?

Also, I had to alter some things from my book for the purposes of this chat. In the Soulbonders 'verse, life and energy is circulated throughout the planes by the Center. Peter and Sesria would've been circulated as well, shot off to some random plane to become new life. There is no heaven or hell in the book. When Sesria said that she and Peter had lived through thousands of lifetimes, it was the truth. Countless lifetimes. They would go through countless more.))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:06 am

No, only like, half are there. He's in his own world thing, not really a perfect heaven for him, but.... something created out of his own mind, kinda. Like the others

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:49 pm

((So start there, and meet other dead characters later?))

Peter
I became aware that I was lying on leaves and grass. I sat up, rubbing my eyes with the bases of my hands. I had the craziest dream last night. In the dream, I'd been captured and killed by the Sybek. I even saw the Center of the Planar Universe, just like I had when I was a kid. It was all so vivid, too. I don't think I've ever had a dream feel so real.
"Okay, team, who else is--" I cut myself off as I opened my eyes. "...Huh?"
I'd been expecting to see the inside of the underground shelter that Nike had created, two nights prior. I'd thought that I had been lying on the impromptu bed I'd made. Most importantly, I'd expected to see the rest of my team either sleeping or beginning to rise.
This was not what I saw now.
Above me, rather than an earthy ceiling, was clear sky. Around me was a copse of trees, thinning a little to my right. Golden sunlight trickled through the leaves on the trees, which were painted in rich reds and oranges. A cool wind blew; the leaves whispered, and many took flight. They spiraled down from their lofty perches, drops of fire heralding the dying summer. I caught one as it fell, bringing it closer and staring at it.
Yesterday, I was pretty damn sure, was not the beginning of autumn.
In fact, just the other day flowers were beginning to bloom. Buds on the trees were sprouting into tiny leaves. I remember that specifically because Sarah was getting all hyper about it. Spring. But here I was, holding a crimson leaf in my hand. I curled my fingers around it...then crushed it in my fist. I tossed the leaf fragments to the wind, where they burned in tongues of flame. The embers had grown cold by the time they touched the ground.
What does it mean? I asked myself. Yesterday...yesterday was the start of May! It wasn't... What happened to yesterday?
Yesterday, Sesria told me from her place on a low branch, we were killed. That wasn't a dream.
But...then... I clenched my fists, my shoulders shaking. Images flashed before my eyes, scenes playing in reverse order. The Center, the academy, the Sybek...Senet's horrified, agonized face as Na'arsif grabbed my shoulder. No... It...it can't... No! I-I can't be...! FUCK! What am I...what am I going to do?!
I don't know, Sesria thought. I'm as new to this as you are. I think the only thing we can do now is to start exploring this place.
Yeah...y-you're right...

Last edited by Winter Dragon on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Sure. Not sure who to bring in, though...

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Name: Conor
Age (that you want them to be, not age they died at): 17
Appearance: tall brown hair red eyes muscular tan
Cause of death: ripped to pieces by a jet engine after being ejected from his own jet when an enmy fighter flew past
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelsa Mepsey Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:43 pm

(Ooh, this sounds really cool. Can I still join?)
Jelsa Mepsey
Jelsa Mepsey

http://www.firemeup.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:28 pm

((Heh, this is really just one big intro, done in installments. Time for installment three!))

Peter
I tipped my head to the side, noticing something for the first time.
Sesria, that branch you're perched on... It's sagging...
It...? My counterpart flapped her wings, taking off from the branch and landing on another. The first rose back to its natural state when her weight was removed; the second dipped a little under her weight.
Her weight.
Y-you affected them! I thought.
I guess I did...! Gaining an idea, Sesria raked her claws through the bark. I clawed lines into it! she exclaimed.
Then... I extended my arm to her as I often did. She left her perch and flew towards it, settling on my forearm.
And I could feel it.
I could feel it!
I could tell from her wide, violet eyes that she could, too.
"We...we touched!" I spoke aloud.
I pulled her close, wrapping my other arm around her. I hugged her tightly, something I'd wished I could do for ages. She was a part of me, and I was a part of her. We shared our thoughts, our feelings, our existence. We were one, yet for all that we were together, we were always separate. We could never touch, constantly kept apart by the material world.
Long ago, souls bound themselves to lives so they could tether themselves to the material plane, since lives had something the souls lacked: bodies to inhabit. The souls also had something the lives lacked: higher intelligence. After this union, the lives became sentient, and the souls were no longer in chaos. Each pair was a single entity, linked together by the soul's energy. The souls had great compassion for their lives, and the lives who learned to listen had great compassion for their souls. Profound. Undying. However, no matter how much they longed to truly be together, they were never able. The body, the whole reason the souls bound themselves to lives, kept them apart.
How's that for irony?
But now, I was holding Sesria in my arms. I could feel her feathers under my fingertips. My soul, my other half. I don't even think I can effectively describe just how moving that was. I felt my eyes welling up, which she politely ignored. Or maybe it was because she was crying, too. Can owls cry?
After...actually, I wasn't really sure how long it was. I was dead; I had no sense of time. After some unit of time, I broke the embrace and raised my arm to my shoulder, her usual perch. She hopped on. Something about that seemed very right.
I do want to start exploring this place, I thought. If we're going to be spending an eternity here, I at least want to familiarize myself with the area.
I think that's a good plan.
I started walking.

((A boy and his owl, haha.))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelsa Mepsey Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:30 pm

(So wait, can I jump in or not?)
Jelsa Mepsey
Jelsa Mepsey

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z Thu May 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Bekka: I woke up.
The pain was gone. The beep was gone. It was all clear.
But so was everyone else.
I stood up. I was in the middle of a forest, filled with pink flowers, and no bugs! I expected to go to hell, what was this?
It was so pretty.
But I was alone.
No Ally.
No Jonas.
Nothing. Alone, forever.
I collapsed back on my back and broke into a loud, helpless bout of sobs, hating myself, hating everything. Alone forever. This was hell.
ßøn∑z
ßøn∑z

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelsa Mepsey Thu May 05, 2011 8:18 pm

(No one answered my question OoO)
Jelsa Mepsey
Jelsa Mepsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 5:36 am

Yes, you can join. And btw, we made a thread for dramatic deaths, so Mar's just gonna pop right in here...

Marley:
A Beatles song drifted through my mind as I floated, lighter than air. Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream... it is not dying... it is not... my eyes flew open, as I took a deep breath, my lungs quickly inflating with oxygen. Only it wasn't. I felt numb but full of emotions at the same time, and I stood up weakly, looking around. "What the...?!" it was a blank room, four white walls, no furnature. But there was somebody there, almost an older version of me, but not quite "Mom?" She just smiled softly "It's not your time yet here, Marley Marie Aldric. Not yet." "But mom, I want to stay. I can't go back, not now that I've died, I don't want to... suffer anymore, I want to stay here with you" But everything was already fading, and though I tried to take a step towards my mother... everything dissapeared

...and out

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sat May 07, 2011 6:09 am

Can I join?
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 6:16 am

Sure

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next