the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C. D. - character development

+2
Regret
Banshee
6 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

C. D. - character development - Page 10 Empty Re: C. D. - character development

Post by Stark Thu May 26, 2011 4:54 pm

(Waiting for Regret, and btw Gh you need to join the new science fiction topic Leviathan! !!! WHAT?!?!? WHO SAID THAT?)
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu May 26, 2011 9:12 pm

condog wrote:Dan:
"Flying? Really? That I don't even need magic for!" I soar into the air on a current of blue sparks. I propel myself forward and charg my right fist with as much electricity as I can. Then I send the bolt of lightning soaring strait at her chest. I keep pace with the lightning, hiding in its shadow, after it strikes her I barrel into her to see if I can do any damage physically. "Cmon!" I yell, "I told you I needed to be mad to show Neptuna! This is just fun!"

((NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

...NO.

Powerplaying will be met with violence. You have been warned.))

I snapped my wings shut and dropped, the lightning shooting over my head and missing me by a few centimeters. In the same instant, I activated the magic circles on my palms (invisible to mortal eyes, even upon activation). Shadows jumped to their red glow, forming a shield in less than a second. I spread my wings again, rising and keeping the shield in front of me.
"You mean it's fun to miss your target? I know I'm having fun, Wolfy! Try harder, if you're able. And I already dared you to use holy water against me! Fine, I double-dare you!"
What would make this guy angry? Hm...what if I messed with his girl? That could get interesting! And besides, with a fight amongst immortals, nothing could go wrong anyway! I fired up a different rune on the circle on my right hand; the shield, now only supported by my left hand, shrank in size. I pulled back my right hand as if I were about to throw something, then flung it forward. The spear, rapidly forming out of the shadows in midflight, soared towards its target: Stella.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Thu May 26, 2011 9:25 pm

(I didn't think I was powerplaying. I was just using Dan's abilities. BTW I am fighting Regret now)
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu May 26, 2011 9:32 pm

((Using abilities is one thing. Powerplaying is another thing entirely. You were powerplaying.

It's fine if you're fighting Regret, but know that Leslie still has a bone to pick with you. Also, take her up on her challenge. It'll be funny...or at least, mildly amusing.))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri May 27, 2011 5:25 am

"Yo Dan!" shouted Ezra, rummaging through his pockets until he found what he was looking for. He pulled out a small vial, " Growth elixir! A little will go A LONG WAY! Want it?"
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Fri May 27, 2011 7:03 am

(Im confused! WHO AM I FIGHTING?)
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Fri May 27, 2011 12:37 pm

Mirochai-Neptuna frowns at the slight tingling sensation caused by Dan's lightning. It is starting to get irritating. Mirochai goes through her knowledge of diseases, a catalogue of every disease that has ever existed, and a lot that haven't. She takes necrotising fasciitis, and modifies it so that it literally devours flesh. She inflicts the infection on Stella, starting it from the feet solely for dramatic effect.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri May 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Cassie turned to Stella, who now had some of her bones showing, and fainted. Evan reached out to catch her, but she slipped and landed on the ground. He picked her up, and gently moved her out of the way.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Fri May 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Stella:
"AAAAAAAAAAH!" I scream when I see my bones showing. My werewolf abilities keep pace and keep me from dying but it is still excruciatingly painful! "Dan!" I manage to choke out.

Dan:
I turn and see Stella gradually decaying, "STELLA!" I yell. I turn to Neptuna who has caused it, "HOW DARE YOU!" I yell. My eyes start to glow white, sparks of multi colored electricity bounce off of my skin. These sparks are not caused by just moving through pockets of gas, these are something else entirely. "I'LL KILL YOU!" I raise my hands up to the sky and a gigantic column of lightning comes slamming down from the sky. It is 50 feet in diameter. It slams right on top of Neptuna. (Since she is a god is it chill if it like doesn't hurt her but since Dan is also a god but doesn't know it could it like slightly hurt her?) A crater appears around her, it is 75 feet across and 20 feet deep. There is no way to explain it, the law of censervation of matter seems to be completely ignored the atoms are just gone!
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri May 27, 2011 4:48 pm

"Yo Dan? Still want it?" said Ezra, holding up the vial.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Fri May 27, 2011 4:50 pm

((What's powerplaying?))
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri May 27, 2011 4:52 pm

(No idea)
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Fri May 27, 2011 4:53 pm

(God moding, apparently its making your character more powerful than the chat leader believes they should be. But all the stuff I have had Dan do is completely within his abilities, he is a god)
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri May 27, 2011 4:56 pm

(Ah)

Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Fri May 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Dan:
I turn to Ezra my eyes still glowing white with rage. "I don't need your potion to destroy this insignificant being!"
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Fri May 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Mirochai-Neptuna appears to have been burnt to a cinder by the blast, but all is not as it seems. She dissipates into a swarm of billions of water-boatman beetles which descend upon Dan and Stella, forcing their way into every bodily orifice and burrowing into the flesh when they can't find an entry point. Their buzzing sounds almost like words.
"Foolish creatures."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri May 27, 2011 4:59 pm

"Never said it would but at your size she won't feel a thing."
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Fri May 27, 2011 5:00 pm

Dan:
I yell at the top of my voice and electricity surges from every pore on my body pushing the beetles away. I then colapse to the ground unconcious.

Stella:
Ignoring the beetles I say to Neptuna, "That was the power he was talking about the random bursts of rage associated with huge columns of lightning"
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri May 27, 2011 5:02 pm

"Look your abilities will be more powerful," said Ezra.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Fri May 27, 2011 5:15 pm

The beetles coalesce into Mirochai-Neptuna, human-sized once again.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri May 27, 2011 5:21 pm

"And now she changes sizes!" muttered Ezra. Before he could put the vial away he tripped and the vial went flying, smashing on Evan.

"You're bleeding!" said Liz, looking at Evan, who had been cut by the glass.

"THAT WON'T BE THE ONLY PROBLEM IN A MINUTE!!!!" shouted Ezra, shoving Liz out of the way. Evan began to feel light headed and sick, he doubled over do to the pain.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri May 27, 2011 7:49 pm

((
Regret wrote:((What's powerplaying?))

condog wrote:(God moding, apparently its making your character more powerful than the chat leader believes they should be. But all the stuff I have had Dan do is completely within his abilities, he is a god)
))

WRONG. WRONGWRONGWRONGWRONGWRONGWRONGWRONG.

God-moding (originally spelled "god-modding") and powerplaying are two completely different things. They are also the CARDINAL SINS of RP/CC.

God-moding (gming) is when you act too powerful. It's not limited to shooting off huge blasts of power; it could simply be that you dodge every blow in a fight, do not seem to tire, flip about and do fancy tricks beyond your physical capabilities, etc. But it's also about shooting off huge blasts of power, too.

Powerplaying (pping) is when you control other people's characters. I shall explain through example. Player 1 plays the character Bob and Player 2 plays the character Fred.

Player 1: "Come on!" Bob called to Fred. Fred followed Bob through the door.

Powerplay just happened. Right there. You might be thinking, "Huh? But that was so small! How's pp a problem if it's just this?" Well, what if Player 2 didn't want Fred to follow Bob? Player 1 didn't give Player 2 that choice. Pp of this size is mildly annoying; frustration levels rise with pp levels, and I can assure you, it gets much worse.

Player 2: Fred sat on the branch, directly above where Bob rested. Suddenly, the branch began to crack. Fred, panicking, jumped off the branch and onto another one. His previous perch groaned, disconnecting from the tree and landing hard on Bob.

There it is again! Player 2 had no right to assail Bob with that branch without Player 1's consent! See, that's the thing with pp--it doesn't offer the other player choices. And I'm sure Player 1 is resenting Player 2 right now. But wait, there's more!

Player 1: Bob pulled back his fist, then slammed it into Fred's face with all his might, knocking his teeth in.

NO. This is where the line is really crossed. I mean, it's so crossed that it's almost not over the line again. That is the severity with which this line has been crossed. Player 1 here did not give Player 2 any choices whatsoever. Player 1 could have done that just fine if Bob and Fred both belonged to him, but that's just the thing--Fred isn't his character! He has hijacked Player 2's creation, and he isn't letting go. It's not fair in the slightest. This is what Player 1 should have written:

Player 1: Bob pulled back his fist, then thrusted it forward with all his might, aiming at Fred's face.

You see how that was open-ended? That is how this needs to happen. Player 2 now has choices, and she (what, you thought they'd both be boys?) isn't restricted by what Player 1 wants. She can now decide Fred's fate for herself, which is how it should be! She could respond with something like this:

Player 2: Fred, eyes widening, dodged to the side. As Bob's fist flew by his head, he made an attempt to grab it.

See? Choices. The ball is back in Player 1's court now. Of course, something else could've happened, too.

Player 2: Fred saw stars as Bob's fist collided with his head. He stumbled backwards, landing on his behind and clutching his face.
"The hell?!" he demanded.

So Fred got hit after all. The difference here is that it was Player 2 that made that decision, not Player 1. That's what this is all about, friends.

You understand now, yes? Hurrah! Now let's make this a happy, respectful roleplaying community.

Noob.))

"Oh!" I exclaimed, then grinned. "That human boy is going to get all big now! This is going to be so much fun!"
I deactivated the runes for now, touching back down to the ground. I didn't re-cover my wings with a glamour; the whole group knew I had them now, so what was the point of hiding it? Besides, sometimes the glamours make my skin itchy.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri May 27, 2011 8:01 pm

"What?!" Evan cringed crom the pain.

"Oh yeah....she's right." mumbled Ezra.

"Oh crap," said Andrew.

Evan cried out from the pain, it was much worse now. Evan began to stretch and grow until he was at least 100 ft tall.

Last edited by gh3325 on Fri May 27, 2011 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri May 27, 2011 8:08 pm

"Oooh, wow!" I laughed as I watched him grow. Then, to Ezra, I said, "I gotta hand it to you, mortal. That's some potent stuff!"
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri May 27, 2011 8:14 pm

"Nothing less from a decendent of Morgana," Ezra grinned.

"What did you do to me?!" Evan boomed, not relizing how loud he was because of his size.

"NOT SO LOUD!!!!" shouted Liz.

"Sorry," Evan muttered, sitting down making the ground shake.

"HEY WATCH IT!!!" bellowed Andrew, leaping out of the way.

Last edited by gh3325 on Fri May 27, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next