the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Character Break Room

+7
Kid.Icarus
Spiral
Invisimort
Momo13
Banshee
Jacky K.
Echo
11 posters

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Character Break Room - Page 21 Empty Re: The Character Break Room

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:58 pm

Cricket

I reached out and gingerly lowered the needle. That must have been the medication, and it was robbing her. "Don't . . . It won't 'elp you."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:02 am

Marley
I looked up at him "But... the doctor said I needed it" I said softly, uncomprehending. But part of me... wanted to know what he meant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:05 am

Cricket

"You can't 'eal if you can't feel," I said, wrapping my fingers around the needle in her hand. I watched her carefully. What was worse? Hurting Marley, or No Marley?
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:08 am

Marley
My grip on the needle slackened, and then I let go altogether. "Cricket..." I said in a voice that was... strange. Like it was hiding something. "I'm... scared... I think..." I trailed off

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:18 am

Cricket

I felt over the needle behind my back, and then let it drop to the floor. "Don't be, it's . . ." There I was, trying to find words again. I felt deaf again. Then, maybe it was never the deafness that made me silent, after all. "You'll be fine." Maybe I could have done better than that. Hug her, say that I promised, but . . . I felt like there was something holding me back.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:23 am

Marley
"...I also think you should... leave... or something" I murmured, the tears from the hallway returning, streaking down my face. Silent sobs shook my body, and I tried to steady my breathing. No emotion quite yet, but I could feel them slowly returning. And I didn't want to hurt Cricket when they did

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:31 am

Cricket

I took a half-step back, shaking my head. I couldn't just leave, but I'd never seen her like this. "I-- I can't," I decided, watching her. It was . . . Have you ever seen someone completely broken, when you never thought you'd see the day? . . . Aye. It was terrifying, in a way, but I couldn't leave.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:39 am

Marley
Then I started shaking, whimpers escaping my lips as I wrapped my arms around myself. Like I was trying to keep myself from shattering. I felt more depressed than I ever had before. Which was saying a lot. A whole lot. More whimpers. More tears. More shaking. I wanted to die, just end it... I didn't even know /why/ I felt sad, just that I did.
"Please Cricket, please... I don't want to..." my sentience broke off, I was crying too hard to speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Cricket

I could only stare and hold my breath, shock running through me, and every moment I stood there I felt all the more helpless. I'd done this to her. I was making her go through this, and the needle on the ground proved it. Guilty. My fingers itched to pick it back up again, but what if . . . what if there was still a sliver of opportunity? It had gone this far, maybe if I just struck the right chord . . . Please, Marley . . .

Suddenly I had my arms wrapped around her, as if that would keep her from falling apart even more. "Don't worry, it's a'right, you'll be a'right!" She felt fragile.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:56 pm

Marley
I hugged him back, feeling a mixture of shame and depression now. I shouldn't be this weak. But I couldn't be anything else right now. Nothing but helpless. "No it won't, Crick" I said in a tiny whisper "You don't understand."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:19 am

Cricket

I held her tighter at that phrase, half out of frustration. I couldn't not understand . . . I couldn't be helpless anymore. I was tired of being a victim and a friend of victims. "Don't say that. You'll be fine," I said conclusively.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:22 am

Marley
"You're so... good" I continued, ignoring him as I tried to stop my sobbing "Your soul is so... pure or something, I don't know. Always the nice one. You don't know.... don't understand..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:29 am

Cricket

I shook my head as she spoke, not believing a word. That wasn't true . . . I hadn't heard anything like that in my life. " . . . No, no I'm not . . . I'm a thief, and a liar, and th' worst selfish coward you will ever meet. I'm not pure, friend. I'm a street kid."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:38 am

Marley
"Yea, and despite that, you're still the sweetest, nicest guy I know. Go figure. Though the last bit about being a coward is just bs" My crying had stopped now, and I closed my eyes. Just the eye of the hurricane though. Figured anger comes next, doesn't it always? "Though get out of here now, Cricket. I don't want you around when I get angry"

Last edited by endellion on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:43 am

Cricket

I pulled away, but continued to shake my head. "I can't." This was the closest to normal I'd had in a long while. I couldn't just walk away, aye?
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:33 am

Ezra

I padded into the room, on four paws. Gh said that I'd be human again soon cause I was going to be needed in another chat. Fun. I saw Marley crying, and Cricket looked worried. Thank goodness Gh had given me a translation collar. “Are you okay?” I asked Marley, sitting down at her feet since the couch was taken.
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Name: Artemis
Appearance:
The Character Break Room - Page 21 Beautifulgiryesbeautyeyesgirl-32bcb7c5a7bf1157b4822ad8d0ab30c9_h
Personality: (Optional) quiet, very innocent mindset. she tends throw people that annoy her across the room with her telekinetic abilities
Extra Info: tends to get tortured a lot. is a telepath and telekentic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:12 pm

Alright...new day. This scene has died.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cricket

I lounged on a couch with my legs over the armrest, my back against the seat, and my fingers wrapped around a juicebox. It's hard to whistle while sipping out of that tiny plastic straw, so I just hummed.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Artemis chewed her lip and settled into the corner, watching the guy with the juicebox. She tilted her head, listening to his humming. She liked songs. She nearly emerged from her spot so she could hear better, but thought better of it. Instead, she gently entered his mind and listened to him that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Peter

I walked in, feeling pretty tired. But that's what the break room was for, right? I settled down on one of the couches, letting out a breath that wasn't exactly a sigh. It sure felt good to finally get to relax...
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Cricket

I glanced across the room at a girl I didn't know, and then to Peter. " 'Ello Pete, and other." I continued humming.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm

Artemis's eyes flashed to the new comer. She tilted her head even further, slowly scooting out of the shadows to get a better look. Curiousity killed the cat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:35 pm

Peter

"Hey," I greeted back. "What's been going on?"

There was an air of calmness in the room that wasn't usually here. Well, it was the break room, and characters came here to relax, but it usually wasn't this calm. It was almost like everybody was either bored, tired, or both. Maybe it was just one of those days.

...We didn't get those days a whole lot.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Cricket

"Juice," I answered shortly. "Odd stuff. It's sweet, but not quite chocolate sweet. When's th' last time I 'ad a sweet drink? Not a clue. Other than that, it's been pretty quiet." I took another sip, only to get a sputtering slurp in response. I shook the box. Darn. I ran out. "Damnit."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Artemis giggled, watching him fight with the juice box. Her eyes widened and she quickly fell silent, going back to biting on her lip. She really wished he'd pick back up on that song...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next