the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Character Break Room

+7
Kid.Icarus
Spiral
Invisimort
Momo13
Banshee
Jacky K.
Echo
11 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

The Character Break Room - Page 28 Empty Re: The Character Break Room

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:42 am

Marley
"Ah... um... what? What, what?" I asked, raising an eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:46 am

Cricket

"Nothing . . . you just stopped talking. So 'um' what?" I mimicked her raised eyebrow.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:53 am

Marley
"I just ummed because..." you looked me in the eyes. GAH.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:03 am

Cricket

I kept my eyebrow raised, my mouth curling into another joking smirk. "Aw, Marley, if I'm just too gorgeous for words, you can always just say so."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:10 am

Marley
I responded to *that* by smacking a pillow across his face. Then I giggled, putting an overly-innocent face on "Oh Cricket, has anybody ever told you you're just too gorgeous for words?" I asked in an overly sweet voice, batting my eyelids "What? No? Didn't think so"

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:30 am

Cricket

I didn't have time to block the pillow, so I just sat there with a scrunched-up smile and got whacked across the face. I batted my eyelashed right back at her, leaning in. "You ever been told th' same? No? B'cause I am absolutely speechless, lassie, absolutely positively at a loss for words or repedetive ramble. Or repedetive ramble."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:33 am

Marley
"You are /so/ funny Crick" I said sarcastically, with a laugh, as I smacked him with another pillow "Too hilarious for words. Honestly"

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:01 am

Cricket

WHUMP! I ducked against the couch as another pillow thwacked through the air. "Oi. I tremble at th' very thought of your stuffing-filled pockets o' cloth. What terrifying weaponry." I laughed, sitting up again, watching her eyes.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:05 am

Marley
Mrrh. He was doing the eye thing again. It deflated my next attack, which was totally going to be to shove him off the couch. I couldn't... really... describe it. It wasn't the cliche 'I got lost in his eyes' line... but... gah, focus Marley!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:12 am

Cricket

And there was another pause. She was a bit out of it today, or . . . something of the like. Oh bother. My smile faded as I studied her. "You a'right?"
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:17 am

Marley
"Of course I'm okay, doof. I just keep zoning out" I just... like his eyes, okay? Is that so bad? Honestly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:26 am

Cricket

Alright, Well, I'd gathered the 'zoned' part. But something told me she wasn't telling me something. Or something. "A'right . . . if you say you're a'right, then a'right." I rested my chin on my fist. "But honestly, I can read a lie off your face a mile away, and I can't even read." My eyebrow raised again.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:31 am

Marley
I chuckled "Guess there's kind of an upside and a downside to having somebody that knows ya that well, huh?" Most people couldn't tell when I was lying. Ooooor maybe most people just didn't care enough to try to tell the difference.

"I just..." I trailed off, then shrugged "Your eyes. They're always hidden behind your hair... but..." I tentatively reached forward and brushed his hair out of his face. Not all the way, but just enough so I could get a better look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:58 am

Cricket

I tensed when her fingers brushed my forehead. There was that feeling again. That automatic sense of being put on display, exposed. But then another half of me knew that this was a friend, and . . . it was alright if she saw my face without something blocking it. She wouldn't hurt me. I slowly relaxed again.

Still, for once . . . it would have been nice to have eyes that people never stared at.

After a while, it didn't take any will of mine to keep my gaze on her. Have you ever simply looked at someone, all thoughts aside? How her hair was just loose about her shoulders, and how she had hazel eyes . . . come to think of it, I'd never noticed the color of her eyes before. Hesitantly, I reached and brushed a strand behind her ear. "Y'know . . . you are lovely."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:09 am

Marley
I blushed, shyly looking away, totally at a loss for words. "I... I wasn't staring" I said softly. I had felt the way he had tensed under my hand as I brushed his hair away, and could see how exposed he felt "Just so you know. I... I just... I've always liked your eyes. And not because they're different."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:25 am

Cricket

I smiled at that, my fingers lingering near her chin. "You want t' prove that?"
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:32 am

Marley
"Prove it? How?" I mirrored his smile, lacing one of my hands with his free one, our fingers intertwining.

(is that even a word?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:36 am

(I'm pretty sure xD)

Cricket

"Want t' kiss me again?" I glanced down at our hands, then back to her.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:45 am

Marley
I nodded slightly, butterflies letting themselves be known in my stomach. Ah... things were so much easier when you acted impulsively... but they were the good kinds of butterflies, at least. Who'da thought I'd ever fall for Crick? Heh, I sure didn't, way back in Area 51... then again, in Area 51, I thought trying to take over the control room in a top secret military base, unarmed, and all on my lonesome, was BRILLIANT. Next time I pull THAT stunt, I'm obviously gonna bring more lemonade. Gah. Mind rambling. Calm down, Marley.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:52 am

Cricket

Nothing left to do now but kiss her, already . . . so I leaned in and touched my lips to hers. Simple as that. And I just felt that, wondering how on earth it had come to this.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Peter

It felt good to be out of that fast-moving nightmare... This place was more solid, had more substance. Everything just felt...fuller. And entirely more real. Content to be back in proper text, I headed to the Break Room. Man, it had been a while. That had to have been the one and only place where I'd felt completely safe and calm. I was actually looking forward to coming back.

And then I walked through the door and saw Cricket and Marley kissing.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:38 pm

T.Mor:

So...first time in a while I have had some free time... I mean... er... lots of...er...being...busy with... bad... --Nevermind. Won't think about it. Day off, going to go sit and drink three cups of coffee...it will be...amazing. And...er...I kept thinking that...until I opened the door, and then...er...all the thinking stuff...kinda...like..er...stopped.

I...had... no idea...they were...uhm.... what's that word... together. Uhm...er.

Uhm.

"Uhm....er." Crap. That was out loud. Ruined my chances of just closing the door and letting them carry on with all that in...er...solitude or whatever...

...Sometimes... Sometimes I wonder if Awkward just follows me around... to make things like this happen...

I just kind of... awkwarded there...in the door. uhm. Er. Right...look at the floor....yeah... maybe if I just... pretend not to exist hard enough they won't notice I exist...uhm.
Invisimort
Invisimort

http://invisimort.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Cricket

And then I heard the door open.

Shit.

And then I heard T.Mor's voice.

Oi my my.

I cut the kiss short, looking over my shoulder to see-- oh shit. Peter was there, too. "I'm innocent!" I raised my hands-- well, one of them. The other was still linked with Marley's. I slowly lowered my arm, feeling a guilty smile creep across my face. Oh bother, stop that smiling . . .
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Marley
I deepened the kiss slightly, loosely draping my free arm around his neck. I smiled against his lips, thinking about life's funny little quirks, like how two thieving best friends could end up kissing on a couch... and then...
Door opens. Mental cursing. This is bad. A blush rose to my cheeks again as I followed Cricket's gaze over to the door, once he broke the kiss. Oh my gosh, T.Mor and Peter... My arm slid off from around his neck
"Uhhhh... would you believe me if I said I was giving him cpr?" I asked sheepishly, then glanced over at Crick.
He was smiling, why was he... wait... oh... I'm still smiling, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:53 pm

T.Mor:

What is CPR? ...er.

"uhm...no?" I asked...Gah. This whole thing was so...like... "...er... uh...you...and...er...Cricket...uh..." My only coherent thought seemed to be: 'and now their taxes will go up.' Which...isn't really...a good thing to think... especially since...here...taxes don't really matter like how they do in Auda... but...er...

"...er... This is...awkward..." I stated.
Invisimort
Invisimort

http://invisimort.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next