the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dino Camp

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dino Camp  Empty Dino Camp

Post by Sweet Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:01 pm

It's 2105. Time travel is just beginning, but it is common enough. There are safe havens everywhere in time now, invisible to that era but identifiable by you. You are a class of high schoolers, sent back in time to study dinosaurs. Here's what you've got.

- A blinker. This lets you teleport away from danger in a moment to the nearest safe haven. Very useful for disturbing that peaceful herd of Triceratops or when you're being carried off by a Pterodactyl to feed it's babies. Solar powered.

- A beacon. Let's say you get stranded out of the area. Just leave one of these lying around and anyone who comes into your vicinity will know you're there. Limit: 10.

- Air bubble. Just press a button and you'll be surrounded in a cloud of air so you don't go dying in that cloud of poisonous gas. Also useful for when you want to start swimming. Time limit: 24 hours.

- Night vision. These contacts must be put on before you start exploring, otherwise you won't be able to see in the dark. Must be taken off when you reach camp and stored in their container.

- The average standard backpack. Includes a water bottle, water purifier, dried food packs, notepad, pencil, sharpener, an extra pair of clothes for when you fall into some mud, heal spray and preserve spray for those samples of plants you want to take back to camp. Returns specimens to normal state after 18 hours.

• Safe havens are basically tree houses scattered around the main base that you can teleport to.
  • Preserve spray freezes the specimen like a crypto tank would a mammal.
  • Dried food packs must be put in water to make food. We've got ramen, spaghetti, anything you can think of.
  • If it's really humid, the water purifier can turn air into water, but don't count on it.
  • Everyone's got a radio in this time...kinda like a microchip in your head. So the beacon will send beeps into your brain. There's also a headphone in one ear, like bluetooth, where you can radio in and hear the people around you.

AND NOW THE FUN PART. There are stables in the bases. HUGE stables, big enough to hold tamed dinosaurs. YES. Tamed dinosaurs! The problem is that most dinosaurs don't like people, so instead of riding off into the sunset with them, first you gotta get them to like you. You can pick the dinosaur, but the dinosaur can overrule your decision. Dino's got the last call. If none of them take a liking to you, guess you have to piggy back until they like you.

- Only vegetarian dinosaurs. Or omnivorous. We can't have a carnivore going and eating all the dinosaurs in the middle of the night.

- You can pick an egg, and nurture it, and that will ensure the dinosaur likes you. But you won't get a dinosaur ride until a week has passed.

- Dinosaurs are not dogs. You can't abuse them and they'll end up bowing to you. They're bigger than you. All it takes is a stomp or a loop de loop and you're dead.

- All beginners get saddles. Only when you've mastered your dinosaur can you ride without one.

- Lose your saddle and your dinosaur needs to get back to base. Your saddle contains heal spray, food, water, and energy for your dinosaur.

And back to the boring stuff.

Format:

Name:
Why You're In This Class:
Appearance:
Dinosaur:(Name, kind of dinosaur)
Background: (Like, family, are you a delinquent or a straight A student...)

Oh. And you must return to base every night. Or the teacher will kill you. I'll play teacher when necessary. But he'll probably just be hanging out at the base while the students explore. If you decide to hatch your dinosaur, you're going to need to make a friend. Or walk. Your choice. If you aren't going very far, you can leave your dinosaur at the base. And it is high school, just with a little twist. Have some fun; kill someone. The possibilities are endless.

HEY. Before you start exploring, you gotta pick up your ID from Mr. Erikson, the teacher. HAVE FUN.

Last edited by Copper Rain on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Dino Camp  Empty Re: Dino Camp

Post by Sweet Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Name: Cole
Why You're In This Class: Botany
Appearance: Normal brown hair, glasses, and brown eyes.
Dinosaur: Edmontosaurus, named.....Roddy.
Background: Quiet, shy nerdiness

Name: Jackie Holloway
Why You're In This Class: Studying the behavior of dinosaurs
Appearance: Short red hair, green eyes, and a wicked pixie-like smile
Dinosaur:I'll name it Spike, pterodactyl...
Background: She has a way of getting out of trouble.
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Name: Kaden
Why You're In This Class: Parents thought it would be good for her
Appearance:Dino Camp  Girl-red-black-hair
Dinosaur:(Name, kind of dinosaur) Hidalgo - T-rex
Background: (Like, family, are you a delinquent or a straight A student...) Has parents, is any only child...bad kid, a;ways getting into trouble..not very good grades..
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:49 pm

S'okay if I start off with an introduction at the camp with the teacher?
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Yep!
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:14 pm

Mr. Erikson: "Okay, roaches, termites, whatever you people like to call yourselves today. Welcome to Dinoland, or more appropriately, your next month of highschool. There are rules here, and if you disobey them, you will either end up dead, or sent home. And please don't end up dead, because that will be a helluva lot of paperwork.
I am your teacher, Mr. Erikson, and I'll be monitoring whatever you kids do. So here are the rules: No stepping out of the zone. The zone is a 300 mile radius, and out of that point, it'll be rather difficult to radio you. If any danger presents itself to you, I suggest you immediately blink yourself out of it. This is highschool, so treat it like high school. No going to the boys wing, girls, and no going to the girl's wing, boys. The only visiting will be during lunch, which you have the option of attending, or while you explore. Keep in mind, I can hear what you're saying, so please, no suspicious noises."
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:18 pm

Kaden rolled her eyes. Great. This place was going to be a total drag. Rules? She'd break most of them. It was pointless to tell teens to stay away from the opposite sex, as that would encourage her to sneak to the boys wing, just to have a little fun. The place, Dinoland, was huge, and she could hear the sounds of dinosaurs nearby. maybe it wouldn't be so bad here.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:22 pm

(I guess they could be either in the cafeteria -- between the two wings-- or outside...)

Cole looked around, glancing at the top of the trees. It looked a bit dangerous out there...and they didn't have any protective gear. Just a little equipment....maybe he should stay within sight of the base...

Jackie raised her hand, giving the teacher a smile.

"Yes?" he asked, a bit annoyed at having to stop his lecture.

"What if we get out of range? Will you come and get us?"

"And risk getting killed? No, the drones will get you. And they don't have a tendency to restrain themselves on bruising you, so...watch out."
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:26 pm

(Okay..I like the idea of being outside.)

Kaden grimaced. Great, now she would have to deal with machines that liked to bruise people. Just great. She crossed her arms and looked around at the other teens. So far, she didn't know anyone and hadn't seen any hot guys.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:28 pm

"Any other annoying questions?" Mr. Erickson asked.
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Kaden didn't want to drag this boring lecture out any longer, and she hoped that the others felt the same and would keep their questions to themselves. She wanted to look around this place and find the dinosaurs. A few people lloked kinda scared and she almost laughed. Wimps..
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Jackie pushed her way through the crowd. A lot of the students wanted to talk first and waste time. She wanted to get to the dinosaur part of this. The only reason she came here was for the dinosaurs, of course.

Cole walked over to the group of kids sitting in a circle on the benches. Tonight there'd be a bonfire here, and then everyone would go to sleep. He wondered how much plant life he could get to just here. Tons more than back home, but still...maybe the farther out he went, the more he could find...
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:57 pm

Name: Luca
Why You're in this class: Parents thought it would help him reconsidering being gay.
Appearence: Dino Camp  Emo-boys-are-hot
Dinosaur: Poseidon - pterodactyl
Background: Gets good grades, but parents are sad that he is gay
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Kaden headed straight to the dinosaurs, after grabbing her ID. She was really excited about that part of the camp. Immediately in front of her were huge stables, each housing a separate dino. Her mouth dropped in awe at the amazing animals.

Luca acquired his ID, heading first to the boy's wing. The dino thing kinda made him nervous and he wasn't sure he could get near them without freaking.

Last edited by shanerider on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:05 pm

"Damn," Jackie muttered outloud, looking around. There were tons of them. How could someone go without a dinosaur that liked them?

Cole grabbed his ID from the table where Mr. Erikson was reading a book and headed towards the boy's dorm. If he wanted to study something he'd have to get his pack first.
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:14 pm

"No kiddin." Kaden said, her comment directed to the girl that had just spoken. "I have never seen anything...so amazing." One very large t-rex got her attention. When it made noise, she noticed that it had no teeth. It intrigued her so she stepped a little closer, in hopes to examine it more closely.

Luca soon found where he was to stay, and set down his bags. He grabbed a backpack full of gear and looked through it, assuming that this was what you were supposed to take if you went exploring.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:18 pm

"You know, even though they look friendly, they'll still bite your head off," Jackie said, glancing at the ceiling. She knew exactly what kind she wanted. And even if she didn't get that kind, she knew what she'd name it: Spike.

Cole pushed open the door, surprised it was already open. "You should close the door when you open it. Anyone could come in here."
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Kaden nodded. "Yeah, I know." The dino seemed tame but it growled as she stepped closer, so she stopped. "Hey big boy...I'm not gonna hurt you." She cautiously reached out a hand, though not to touch him. Just to show him she was harmless.

Luca looked up at the guy. "I don't mind." He looked back to the gear he had been searching though.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Jackie rolled her eyes and walked towards the stairs so she could get a better look at the flying ones.

"By anyone I meant anything," Cole added. "You going out already?"
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Kaden stepped a little closer as the dino kinda sniffed her hand. It was masive, but seemed to be quite docile, at least for now.

Luca looked up again. "Maybe, you?"
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Jackie gazed at each cage. All of them probably wanted to get out.

"Better now than when it's dark," he said, grabbing a pack. "Care to join me? I don't think we should go alone, but they didn't specify it."
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:42 pm

(I want to join if I can I will make my charries as soon as I can)
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Kaden put her hand down and just stared at the massive animal. She had completely fallen in love and was determined to make this thing love her.

"Sure." Luca zipped up the pack and slipped in on his shoulders.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:52 pm

(Hmkay.)

Jackie let out a breath and sat down on the steps. She didn't any of these. None of them minded her.

Cole stepped out of the room and headed towards the cafeteria, where they could from there get outside.
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Kaden sat on the ground just watching to see what the dino would do . names flitted through her head, never really landing on one she liked.

Luca just followed Cole, so he seemed to know more about this place.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next