the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Livin the dream

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Livin the dream Empty Livin the dream

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Welcome to Cambidge everyone. You've finally made it. You have your classes, your parties, your seorities, your whatever. This is life. This is college. This is your experiances. And this is Cambridge.

Name:
Personality: (optional)
Bio: (optional)
Major:
Year: (freshman, sophomere, ect.)

Please, if you fill out the personality and bio, be descriptive. If you don't have a picture for your looks, be descriptive. Please.

Back to top Go down

Livin the dream Empty Re: Livin the dream

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:03 am

Name: Brook Twist
Looks: Livin the dream 139534 her eyes are a dark grey-ish blue, like a stormy sea.
Personality: (optional) TBD
Bio: (optional) TBD
Major: Art
Year: 2nd semester of her freshman year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:04 am

Name: Dusty Martin
Looks: Livin the dream 655975
Personality: TBD
Bio: TBD
Major: Mechanical Enginering (so did not spell that right)
YEar: 2nd semester freshman year

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:58 am

Name: Sabre Casavant
Looks: Livin the dream 58426210 I would imagine her eyes are light brown, sort of a caramel color.
Major: Doube Major; Photography and Early Childhood Education
Year: (freshman, sophomere, ect.) Sophomore

Name: Arlo Heart
Looks: Livin the dream Bampw-10 His eyes are dark blue.
Major: Microbiology
Year: (freshman, sophomere, ect.) Junior
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:07 am

Brook stumbled across campus in the early morning. She had accidently spent the night in the Art room...again. That's what happens when you're working on a project though. She ran a hand through her hair which was streaked with white paint, the rest of her features smudge with all sorts of colors, mostly darker colors.

Dusty slipped out of the shower and got dressed, running out of his dorm room. He had to get to the bookstore and get a book for one of his classes before they were all sold out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:13 am

Sabre tugged at the fray on her leather stachel as she walked to the bookstore, her eyes sporting dark bags. She had been up all night studying, trying to cram for a test, only to find out she had been studying the wrong book. Why did ECE have to have so many books? Her camera rapped against her hip as she walked, reminding her stat she also needed to finish (er, start) her campus life portfolio.

Breakfast? Arlo didn't really have time for breakfast. He rolled out of bed, hitting the floor with a muter thud and sighed, standing quickly. He threw on normal clothes and decided to go to the small cafe near the food court of the campus. They generally had student friendly prices, though he hadn't eaten there much this year.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:22 am

Brook ran a hand through her hair, realizing that her shirt was in her other hand. She had gotten hot and slipped it off while painting. She hadn't been to worried about it at the time, she was wearing coveralls and besides, she had been in there alone. No one would be able to see the red lines across her skin. She looked around, hoping no one was watching as she slipped on her shirt, managing to get it under the straps of her coveralls, her stomach still hanging out seeing as how the shirt was one of those mid-drift things with long sleeves.

Dusty ran into the book store, bolting down the asiles in search of his book. He was in such a rush, he didn't notice the girl he ran into until she was falling and her caught her in one of those romantic tips. Though that was definately not what he had been going for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:29 am

Sabre fell back, her books pressed to her chest as a boy caught her. Well, he ran into her first, then caught her, but that's aside from the point. "Sorry about that," she said, letting him pull her up before she twisted away. "Why such a hurry?" She asked, brushing her books off a little, as to look slightly uninterested, though she was actually quite curious as to why someone would bolt into a bookstore.

As soon as Arlo had a large coffee in his hand, he cut across the courtyard, to get to the science lab. Maybe his experiments would finally show some sort of results. It had been two days and he hadn't changed any of the variables. He paused as he saw a girl outside one of the large buildings, sliding on a shirt. One of his eyebrows quirked up and his lips went into a small smirk. Seemed like a party or something must've happened. Then, he noticed the pain on her and chuckled. And art student. That explained it.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:34 am

Brook managed to get it on, hoping she didn't expose anything incriminating. She then ran a hand through her hair, feeling the crusty paint and sighed, her head hanging slightly. Oh well. She glanced up to see a boy staring at her. She stared back at him with slightly wide eyes, blinking a few times. He hadn't seen anything...right?

"hold that thought," Dusty said, putting up a finger before bolting down the asile again. He came back a few minutes later with a triumphant smile on his face and a book in hand. "I had to get a book before they all sold out. I got there in time to get the last one."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:44 am

It was like his smile was contagious. Sabre's lips curled up at the corners, too, as she supressed the full blown grin just below the surface. She nodded thoughtfully, looking at the book in his hands. "So, what are you majoring in?" She asked, cocking her head slightly.

Arlo realized he probablty looked like a creep. So what did he do? He crossed the distance between himself and the grl, which wasn't very far. "I'm sorry," he said suddenly. "I wasn't trying to be a pervy creep of anything. I just wasn't sure what you were doing. I thought I had missed a party or something."
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:51 am

Brook looked at him, blinking a few times before she could answer. "Oh, no. No party. I accidently fell asleep in the art room...it gets so hot in there sometimes." She gave a small shrug, rubbing her forearm slowly, a small wave of relief flooding her as a few of the newer cuts broke open.

Dusty continued to grin. "Mechanical Engineering. Although I am debating on switching to Areospace Mechanics at the moment..." his face turned thoughtly as he watched her. "What about you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:08 am

"Photgraphy and early childhood education," Sabre said. She glanced down at the book in her arms, though, frowning slightly. "Everyday, i wonder if it's more than I can handle, though. I just couldn't decide between them," she finished, smiling a bit wider.

Arlo raised an eyebrow as he caught sight of the light trickle of scarlet blood that bit against her skin."Do you need a bandaid or something?" He asked. "I'm Arlo, by the wat," he said with a tiny smile, but his eyes stayed on the blood.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:12 am

"huh? Oh, uh..no." Brook hid her arms behind her back and gave a small smile. "Brook Twist. Nice to meet you Arlo." Crap. Now what was she going to do?

"Interesting," Dusty said with a thoughtful nod. "Very interesting." He watched her for a minute then cleared his throat. "Feel like getting a coffee with me?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:32 am

"Yeah, that sounds cool,"Sabre said with a quick nod. She got her books and slid them into her satchel. "I'm Sabre, by the way," she said holding her hand out to shake his. It was only normal to introduce yourself, especially after being asked to get coffee. Wait... That seems a little backwards.

Arlo raised his brow dubiously and then shrugged. "Nice to meet you as well," he said, throwing her a crooked smile. "So, is it safe to assume that you're an Art major?"
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:37 am

Dusty smiled at her, shaking her hand as he paid for his book. "Dusty, Dusty Martin." He took his book and walked with her to the nearest coffee shop. "So, what brought you here to...this dump?"

Brook smiled a little and gave a small nod. "Yes, I am. I'm hoping to go into Art Education...evenutally." She glanced at her toes then back at him. "What about you? What's your major?" She worked her arm with her thumb, making more of them open, the sharp pain from each making her feel even more calm, not even really noticing the blood that was starting to seep through her sleeve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:09 am

"Microbiology," Arlo said with a small smile. Her arms were moving slightly behind her back and he raised a brow. She was probably a cutter. Otherwise, she wouldn't have been so quick to shy her arms away. "Why do you do it?" He asked, shocking himself. He had never been so forward as to ask something that... That stupid.

Sabre chuckled, cocking her head slightly as if she was deep in thought. "Well, this had some of the best programs in my field and it was cheaper than my first choice... And I was kinda rejected by two others," she said, but shrugged and smiled anyway. She had gotten over the initial rejection within the hour, just celebrating that she had been accepted by her first and second choice. "And location. What about you?"

Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 am

Dusty shrugged and looked at her with a lopsided grin. "My family has all gone here. Kinda like tradition." He rolled his eyes a little, holding open the door for her when they reached the coffee shop.

Brook blinked at him. "Why do I paint? Because....I love it. I don't know really why. I just do." She gave a small smile, her fingers curling around the spot on her arm where the blood was. If he asked, she got cut on the clay cutters by accident.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 am

Arlo shrugged, his eyes losing interest. "Oh. Cool," he said, still watching her arms. "But we both know that's not what I meant. I mean, I know it's none of my business, so I'll let you get back to it," he said. Even though he had never met her, he still felt disappointed. It was a mental thing and sometimes, people were beyond help. Or sometimes, people were just wrong.

"My mother went to Julliard, which is where she wanted me to go, and my dad went to Yale. They met while he was working as a lawyer in New York. I just can't fill those shoes," Sabre said, but instead of sounding like she was bragging, she sounded like she might be ashamed, extremely humble. She walked through the door and sat down at a small booth, setting down her bag.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:35 am

Dusty sat across from her, a small smile on his face. "I think you're brave to go into teaching. I don't think I could do it." He shook his head as he handed her a menu.

Brook blinked, her face filled with shock and perhaps a slight bit of hurt. She was way to good at acting this out by now. "Do...do you think I cut?" She asked as if the thought was forgien to her. She brought her arm back around, rolling up her sleeve. "I accidently tripped and fell on the clay cutters," she said showing him. The cuts were minimal and speratic as if she had fallen on something sharp. Anything truly incriminating was hidden by her overalls. "It just hurts is all, and the old clay that was on them makes it itch."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:52 am

"It's not this that makes me think that you cut. It's your reaction," Arlo said, catching her wrist. Maybe minoring in forensic science was a good thing. He looked at the cuts a bit closer, noticing smooth edges, no particulate matter. It didn't look like a clay cutter would have one that, but he was done pressing the issue. "But nevermind," he said, shrugging and letting her arm go.

Sabre chuckled. "I don't know how hard being a kindergarden teacher could be," she said, her lips curling into a smile. "I love kids, so it only fit." She looked over the menu, one blonde eyebrow raising slightly. Wisps of blonde hair were falling free from her hastily pulled up bun and she looked up at him through her eyelashes. "Why mechanical engineering?"
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:58 am

"Oh it's hard," Dusty said with a nod, smiling slightly. "My sister went into ECE. It was...difficult to say the least." He chuckled as he watched her. "I like to build things...not construction things. But engines, things like that." He gave a small shrug, hoping that answered her question.

Brook looked at him and frowned. "You're weird," she said, shaking her head. "I don't cut, and I've got to go. I have karate in ten minutes." She turned and started to walk away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:12 am

Sabre's eyes went wide at his first comment and then her eyes softened. "That's cool. I guess the only building I know is how to build a portfolio," she said, pursing her lips. then, her eyes widened a bit again. "Mind if I take a picture of you?" She asked, cocking her head slightly, her lips curving into a curious smile.

Arlo brushed past her and went on his way into the lab, pulling on a coat and letting a pair of goggles hang around his neck. He absently took some notes, looking at the experiments under a microscope and sighed, his mind still on Brooke. Something was off a little bit.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:48 am

Dusty looked at her and raised a brow. He debated for a moment, then shrugged. "Only if you get my goodside," he said with a teasing grin.

Brook of course didn't go to Karate class. She went straight to her apartment that resided just off campus. She rushed to her bathroom, turning on the shower and slipping in. She had to get all the paint off. She washed herself off, looking down at her body and it's scars. She felt self loathing run through her, followed by the need of a blade.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Arlo decided that if she was lying to him, she was stupid. Arlo had actually been through the same things as a junior in high school until he was a sophomore in college. He bit back th bitter memories that flooded him and sighed. He needed to apologize. Maybe he'd see her around and then he could.

Sabreleaned around, checking both sides of his face, appraising him. "I'm not really sure you have a bad side," she said, pulling her camera out and snapping a quick picture. She smiled and slid it back by her side. That would be good. It really displayed real life.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:40 pm

An hour later, Brook left her apartment, wearing a short sleeved shirt with her arm wrapped. It was the only one she ever used and it was always in the same place, that way her stories were a bit more believable. She ignored the pain that emmited from her stomach, though it did cause her to stay somewhat calm as she walked back to campus, her jean bag over her shoulder. Back to the paint studio...

Dusty grinned at her and chuckled, shaking his head. "So, what are you going to do with your photography major?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next