the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages...!

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages...! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages...!

Post by Red Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Yes, yes, I'm chock full o' great ideas. XD Jk, i'm not that self-absorbed
Red
Red

http://idkcolor.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages...! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages...!

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm gonna add one more character - just for fun.

"Name" : Pretzel (She's highly flexible - a veritable human pretzel.)
Sin : None
Appearance : http://macgot.deviantart.com/art/girl-36496539?q=boost%3Apopular%20girl&qo=2
Other : She's been wandering around town searching for the circus. You'll see why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:17 pm

BTW!!! this takes place late 1800s to early 1900s, when circus trains like Ringling Bros or Barnum and Baily were popular.

“Come one, come all! Follow them train tracks, folks! You’ll see the tent soon enough!” The hobo shouted in the middle of town, bringing a crowd to stop and stare or others to walk on, too sophisticated for such frivolous things. Or, at least, he appeared to be a hobo . . . but that was a fancy conductor’s staff for him to be waving about . . .
His clothes were torn and patched up with oddly patterned squares of cloth, but look closer and one might be able to see the stitches were done by an expert hand. But who knows; maybe he learned well enough after that many moth holes. His trousers were a good three inches too short though, revealing his shined black shoes, but mismatched socks. He at least tried with his top half, having a presentable button up shirt and leather jacket, but that also seemed slightly tight for him across his shoulders. Gloves that were missing the fingers grasped that fancy stick, perfectly ink black with a gold top to it, not a scratch on it either. Upon his head of rather unruly silvered brown hair was a shiny black bowler’s hat to match that staff and his shoes. It rather confused the onlooker, if one really stopped to study him. Was he really a hobo or was that his costume?
“Right on down them tracks!” He repeated, waving his untarnished staff the direction. “Sights you have never thought could exist, sorcery an’ alchemy happenin’ with a snap of the fingers, a nine foot – tall man, an’ people who can walk on the air or tame the worst of beasties!” The hobo looks down at the crowd from his perch upon the base of a statue of the villager’s founder, some rich man from Chicago who had built that train track some twenty years ago. There’s a shine to his eyes and a mystery behind his smile, just daring you to head on down to the stripped tent. “Could I lie to you folks about all this?”
Was this his job? No, of course not. He was Hobo after all, just hitch hiking with the circus train over the country. It was just too fun to pass up. Show wasn't ready yet and those lazy bones needed a wake up call. Besides, Ringleader could use a bit more stress in his life. He just had it too easy compared to everyone else. A...few early guests wouldn't harm anyone...
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:37 am

Cover: In the distance, I saw a person walking along the train tracks. And then two. And then a crowd. "Guys, our timetable has just moved up to THIS SHOW IS STARTING IN FIVE MINUTES!" I ran over to my make-up area. "OK, EVERYONE needs to have their make-up done before people get here, so over here IMMEDIATELY."

(OR it could take place in a future where traveling circuses are very popular. *Feels BW's glare through screen* Never mind never mind never mind.*
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Fool looks over, not changing the tempo of her step as she comes down the ramp of their train with four horses, two reins in each hand. Leading them out to the small field they had between them and the lake, tying them to a post. Hobo's done it again then... silly man...
Her face already covered in white, small black triangles on her cheeks and bright red lips. Costume on, she tosses one of her hat's tendril over her shoulder, the bell at the end jingling softly. "Stay," she tells the horses, laying a hand on one of their noses before going up again for the elephants. Same pace. It would get done in time, she knew.

Juggler sighed, still residing behind the bleachers. She hated makeup. Didn't want any. Most of the time she was just plain. Plain pants and plain shirts. Nothing special about her. But then if she /had/ to help... She gets up, winding her way out of the bleachers, looking around main tent. She could... cut some strings for balloons? Sure...why not. Pulling a knife from her belt she goes over to the cart out front.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Envy ran out arguing heatedly with a preformer over who was better. Finally, she flipped her red hair and turned off. Most people just knew to leave her alone by her name. She skipped over to Fool by the horses, "Hey Fool! You wouldn't /believe/ what..." There she went with her gossisping again, if there wasn't anything Envy loved more then showing off it was bringing someone down with her words.
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Trapeze, gh? :p

Fool doesn't slow, but doesn't go faster. Simply listening as she opens the train door to the elephants. She nods to Trapeze, used to her gossip. And always a listener anyway. It never seemed like she wanted any input on her comments anyway. Beckoning the two animals out, leading them to a pile of hay set up for them.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:09 pm

(Real fast, may I claim the Acrobat?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:12 pm

yeah, that's fine. go ahead Smile just make the format of 'em.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:21 pm

"Name": Acrobat (Battie is the hated, terrible nickname that one only uses if one wish un-ending pain on themselves and their loved ones. Or if they just want to piss her off)
Sin: Envy
Appearance: BW, I'm going to emulate your thingy for Trapeze on another post. Wish me luck.
Other: Has a pet monkey named Leviathan (one of the seven princes of Hell who represents Envy. BAYM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Acrobat is usually seen around the circus either wearing her performance clothing, or a dark dress that looks like it was made in the 1900's. She has short, straight, black hair and bangs that end sharply just under her eyebrows. Her eyes, like Trapeze's, are green, and the bangs only make them look even more startlingly pop-out-ish. Small for an eighteen year old, Acrobat is just about the most flexible person you could meet and borders on contortionist skill level.

Her performance clothing is a black and green checked unitard, reminiscent of a traditional jester's costume, but a little more sinister than that. For one, she can't stand the little collar thing with the bells. The bells made their way onto Leviathan's costume, who usually hops around stealing the Ringmaster's hat during the show.

Last edited by Kat Roswell on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:36 pm

great!

lol.... we just all have it out on Ringleader...

nice location btw. *thumbs up*
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:41 pm

<--- Actually, that's almost exactly what she looks like...

Acrobat was in the main tent, already warming up an practicing. At the moment, she was standing on her hands with her legs in a perfect side-split while balancing on the top of a tall tower of chairs, a good twenty or thirty feet off the ground. "Levi?" she called, twisting until she could see the monkey perched on her foot. "You sure you switched out Trap's hair piece with the poison ivy?" The monkey nodded gleefully and chattered away at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:15 am

Gosh, I've been gone! How can I jump in?

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:57 pm

just started actually, if you'd read :p the usual jump in is fine, nothing special's happened yet
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Ba-dump?

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:34 pm

er...no one's in the main tent i believe.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:00 pm

I know! It's terrible! I'll have Acrobat wander outside, I guess...

Flipping off the tower of chairs, Acrobat stretched and, with Leviathan perched precariously on her head, exited the tent. It was starting to get dark and people were already entertaining themselves with the carnival games as the performers got ready. Shrugging to herself, she moved around to the back, where the trailers were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Magician lounged at the entrance to the residential area of the circus. What was he doing? Knowing Magician, I should think it would be obvious. He was, of course, watching the various ladies that passed by. Some ignored him and hurried on; others merely glanced his way, though he saw the shy smiles creep to their faces; and still others were so bold as to catch his eye. One little tart even winked.

Regardless of their reaction, Magician still enjoyed watching them - especially the swishing backsides of those who ignored him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Acrobat walked up behind Magician and folded her hands over the top of his head, leaning on him. Her eyes followed his, and she smirked slightly when she was what he was looking at. "How did I know?" she asked, slightly sarcastically. "You ready for the show?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:12 pm

(I'M SO SORRY!!! Life's been really hectic!!! I really am sorry!!! Where would you like me to put my charrie?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:15 pm

((My charrie, Cover, is just doing make-up. Make your charrie go for make-up, maybe?))
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:37 pm

(ok!)

Jesse, also known as Jester, made his way to the make-up tent grumbling something about clowns and hip hop. His eyes were blood shot, but for the most part he was sober. He was trying to do better, but at the moment he was failing miserably(sp?). He had topped off his fourth beer and was swaying slightly by the time he reached the make-up tent. "Cover!" He slurred as he hung on the pole next to the tent door. "Cover! I come for....I come for...." He trailed off for a minute, his face twisted in confusion. "Why have I come?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:35 am

((Remember, no names. Smile ))
Cover: I stood up from the stool, helping Jester over to the other chair in the room, talking to him gently. "You're here for make-up, remember? To get ready for the show that starts in two minutes?" I smiled as I sat him down. "Now, don't move. I'm going to do your make-up now, ok?" Within a minute, I was done with the base coat of white that spread over his entire face. After that dried, I finished adding the color to his eyes, lips, and cheeks that the crowd always loved. After that had hardened, I helped him stand up.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:02 pm

((Geh. My poor little Acrobat walks over to someone and then they leave... WE TRY AGAIN!))

Acrobat sauntered into the tent, Leviathan perched on her shoulder. "Cover!" she sang, turning a few back-handsprings and landing expertly in her usual chair. Levi chattered at her and settled onto Jester's hat, chewing at the ribbons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next