the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages...!

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages...! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages...!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:58 pm

Was that directed at me? Did I say something out of context? Oh dear.

Back to top Go down

Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages...! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages...!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Black&White wrote:Hobo looked over, quite a faked looking shocked expression on his face. "Who me? This little thing?" He takes it out from under his arm and twirls it in his hand away from Ringleader. "Why... I found this outside of the train, leanin up against the door. Could have fallen into the mud..." There's the usual twinkle of amusement he has in his eyes when he's messing with Ringleader. One of his favorite things to do.

"Yes. That," Ringleader spluttered, rather embarrassed that he had left his staff lying about, "Well, um, thank you... I suppose." He grabbed the staff with a brief nod of thanks. Feeling incredibly awkward, he made his way to the main tent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Black&White wrote:... This is 1900 america, i hope you know...

((Oh, it's in America? Alright. When you stated the time period I automatically assumed it was in England. Embarassed Sorry 'bout that.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:18 pm

((Well, what if the duke and duchess are visiting distant American cousins or something?))

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:38 pm

I did mention chicago in the first post. XD

Erm... Do u have a plot twist going with them that theyr needed Kat? Mind PMing the idea to me in that case...?
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:43 pm

((Yeah... Sometimes I miss things and uh... *Stops trying to make excuses* Actually, I think I was the one who had originally mentioned the Duke and Duchess. (Unless I missed something...) They're not necessary, though.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:22 pm

((So, should I just substitute their names for some local billionaire potential patron?))

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:28 pm

If youd like, thats cool. Sorry for the mixup. XP
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:10 am

(bah! sorry guys, I'm going to drop out of this one you can keep using Jester though. I just don't have a ton of time anymore. I love you all though!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:35 pm

Hobo chuckles, giving a little wave. "Alright, Ringleader. You take care now. Have a good show..."
Fool gives a small smile as she walks away, hearing the end of it. "shows going to start," she whispers, to whom can only be the elephant.

Juggler
Small finishing touches to my outfit, knives all shiethed in my belt, and my other juggling things hidden around the stage. Excitement fills me and i smile, a small bit of mystery behind it. This show isnt worth booing out. If it did one of these knives were going in an unkind direction... But that wouldnt happen...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Acrobat grinned as the lights in the tent shut off, adrenaline pumping through her veins. Levi screeched at Ringleader and leapt onto his head, chewing on the edges of his hat. "Break a leg," she whispered, winking at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Fawn: As soon as the last person has come and gone, I picked up my basic retouch makeup case and head towards the tent. Hopefully I won't have to face paint today and I'll just stay backstage touching up make-up whenever people come back from an act. Soon, I was almost in the door.
Red
Red

http://idkcolor.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Inside the tent was pitch black. The was a dull buzz all around as people chatted excitedly. The show was about to start.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" a voice boomed from the dark, "Boys and girls - children of all ages! I welcome you with the warmest of greetings to our esteemed circus - The Cirque du Peche!*"

A single spotlight grew, aimed at the Ringleader. He waved his staff about, emphasizing the words he spoke. "What you see tonight may thrill, chill, charm, disgust, delight, horrify, even terrify you. It may fuel your dreams or haunt your nightmares for years to come. I truly can't be sure. But I can guarantee you one thing - you are in for a night you will never forget."

The tent plunged again into darkness. Fitting music began to play, as a spotlight grew on the first act.

((*Name subject to change. After all, I didn't create the thread, so I probably shouldn't name the circus...))

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Fawn: The intro was done, and just as the first act was about to be absent for the first spotlight, I pushed them on. I swear, sometimes I'm like the manager of this thing. After a moment, I continued running around, doing make up, checking on the lighting and the next few acts, quieting down certain people, etc. This was one of the busiest nights I'd ever had here at the Cirque.
Red
Red

http://idkcolor.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:12 pm

Ya, thats fine Bari. Havent yet come up with a name for the circus in my story. Sort of forgot about that detail. Razz. ya gonna bring in pretzel?

Stunts and preformers go by, luckly for the crowd the only sounds to come from them were 'ooh's and 'ahh's. Sir Strong lifts a full bench of girls and Lady Beard is presented, costume full of feathers as she sings a sad melody from a human sized canary cage.
Clowns are always fooling around in the crowds, their drunkenness only betrayed by the smell of it on their breath. Juggler steps out, dancing with blades and tourches to cast shadows in the dark tent. Fool does simple acrobats on the backs of the elephants and horses, nothing compared to Acrobat or Trapeze in skill. And all the while, Hobo watches from the tent entrance, sly smile on his face as he leans against the support poll, arms crossed lazily.

Feel free to monologue your characters views of the show, or we can go into more depth if you wish.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Acrobat sat near the flap of the tent, watching the performers until it was her act. Leviathan was already destroying Ringleader's hat by the time she was perched on top of the stack of chairs, bent almost in half and balancing on only one arm. With a small smile, she let the supporting arm go lax, sending her toppling towards the crowd. A few screams echoed through the tent as she free fell, but stopped short when she somersaulted to a kneeling position and hopped up. Levi chattered happily as she finished off with a few complicated backflips and swept into a deep bow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Trapeze ran inside, she was going to be late. She couldn't keep her adoring fans from seeing her, if she did they be stuck with the other acrobats. Those attention hoggers....
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:18 pm

Nonchalantly, Acrobat passed Trapeze and stuck out her foot to trip her. Levi cackled from Ringleader's head and bounded over to perch on Acrobat's shoulder, grinning at Trapeze.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:16 pm

The trapeze acts were cut off with a light change. That's odd. It hadn't been rehearsed that way . . .

The crowd murmered as the lights dimmed to a mysterious glow, and the music escalated into a sweeping melody. A bright duet rose above the instruments before two shimmering beauties emerged into the spotlight, their graceful costumes adorned with perfect white feathers and silvery designs. Left and Right, of course, were fully aware of the awe they gave to the audience. After all, they were an absolutely perfect pair. Two sisters as one, and one as two.

Their dance started simply, and only out-of-the-ordinary in the way that they never left each other's side. It was if they were attached at the hip. Perhaps sewn into the same costume? The movement grew into twirls, dips, finally spinning into a balance on one leg. One girl was fully suspended in the air--

"They're attached!" Some little kid squeeled, sending the audience into gasps and applause.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:06 pm

(bump?)
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:13 pm

erm...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:55 am

"Alright, what you two are here for is to be beautiful. Which I see you're already doing remarkably well."

For that night's two assistants, Magician had tracked down Winking-Tart, whose name turned out to be Phyllis, and her friend, whose name was Alma.

"Other than looking lovely, you just need to smile and react appropriately to the illusions. Alright?"

Both ladies smiled and nodded. Magician sneaked a glance out at current performer - the Siamese twins. It was almost time for his act. He did a quick last-minute check of all the various props and illusions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Juggler
Those ninny headed bitches in one took my performance time. Their damn superiority complex and yet they're the biggest freaks in this place. The grip on my knife tightens, and I try and keep a smile on. Dont show the audience something's up... Damn Ringleader and his damn rules...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4