the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of Those Huge Chats Where Lots of Epic Stuff Happens

+3
Stark
Regret
Echo
7 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

One of Those Huge Chats Where Lots of Epic Stuff Happens - Page 5 Empty Re: One of Those Huge Chats Where Lots of Epic Stuff Happens

Post by Banshee Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Will

What the heck was this guys problem?! I looked at Demetrius, who was wearing a gas mask...a clear sign this wasn't good. "What's going on here?"
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

One of Those Huge Chats Where Lots of Epic Stuff Happens - Page 5 Empty Re: One of Those Huge Chats Where Lots of Epic Stuff Happens

Post by Echo Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Senet

"'Ow much trouble?" I asked the armored guy, firing again.

I wasn't sure that I liked where this was going... But...it was just a gorilla. How bad could it be...?

No, no, shouldn't jinx it.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:33 pm

"Like, uh... Have you ever been hit by a combine harvester travelling at fifty miles per hour?"
Wade spits on the ground.
"'Cause that's got nothing on the gorilla. We've been following it for days: it's probably the second most dangerous creature in the red zone."

Shyker hears someone yelling about bricks and... ice cream? Sauce? Shyker shrugs. He isn't one to judge. He moves closer to the source of the ranting.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Senet

Well...that was good to hear... The most dangerous creature in the red zone. Great. I fired once more, and then a third time to be safe. Then I spotted something else in my sights.

"I zeenk I see ze truck," I called. "Beyond ze gohreella."
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Wade drops Will.
He frowns for a moment.
"Is it moving?"
He checks both of his pistols and turns 360 degrees on the spot.
"It'd better be. If the gorilla got Toady then we're fucked."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Senet

"Yes, eet's moving," I answered. Having found the truck, I ran over to the edge of the roof and just kept going right off. I fell (of course), slowing towards the end and landing lightly. "I can show you ze way."
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:07 pm

"How do you..."
Wade shakes his head.
"No time. Show me the way."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:07 pm

T.Mor:
"Erm... It's... on...Erf..." I answered... and it seemed... that maybe... we weren't ON Erf.

That was a scary thought.

"MY BRICK IS LIKE RUSTY SPOONS..." Riddle ranted... If I didn't know her better... I would have tried to make her stop it. But... yeah...
Invisimort
Invisimort

http://invisimort.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Rusty... spoons? Shyker frowns in confusion. Whatever is going on here, they need to get into cover.
"Hey!" he shouts. "What are you doing in a red zone?"
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Senet

I started off at a run right away for the truck. "Weend powehrs," I said over my shoulder. "Long stohry."

Amy

Erf...? And then there was a new guy.

"Huh?" I asked, turning. "What are you talking about?"
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Wade cocks both of his pistols and spits on the ground.
"Let's lock and load."
He runs after Senet.

Shyker rolls his eyes.
"This... Is... A... Dangerous... Place. There... Are... Zombies. Speak English?"
He speaks slowly, as though talking to the hard-of-thinking.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:19 pm

((Gonna wait for Gh...))

Amy

"Yes, I speak English," I answered, rolling my eyes and feeling wholeheartedly unamused. "And I get that it's dangerous. I just wanted to know the nature of the danger. Which is apparently zombies. Thank you." Completely insincere thank you, of course.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:20 pm

"Also we don't use the zed word," says Shyker. "I just used it to make things clearer."
He reaches into various pockets and produces cheap-and-nasty dust-masks.
"ALWAYS carry these."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Amy

Heh...zed.

"Infection traveling through the air, I'm assuming?" I asked. Gah, there were so many mutations of the original zombie--er, zed--spell that it was hard to keep track of them all. Just like werewolves and vampires and shifters and fairies...so many different kinds.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:28 pm

T.Mor:

Holy...Internet... Zombies? WHAT?

Those were lies like cake.

Weren't they?

I took one of the masks from the guy. " ...uhm... I thought they... er.. were... like... uhm...cake... and...er... canned unicorn meat... ...lies." I asked.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:30 pm

"No, they aren't lies. And yes. Secondarily, it can be airborne. Primarily it is a water-borne parasitic fungal spore that infects a host and waits passively for the host to die before taking a more active approach to spreading its spores. Different mutations cause different basic types. The standard zed can be almost twice as fast and twice as strong as a living human, due to the fact that the mental constraints are removed. However, when operating at peak efficiency they slowly tear themselves apart and start to digest their own bodies. This is why the devour humans as often as they can: to fuel their hosts."
Shyker stares into the middle distance for a moment.
"However, two slight mutations can cause the host to decompose in an unconventional manner, meaning that they either fill up with acid, which must be ejected somehow, or with highly flammable hydrocarbons. Unsurprisingly the parasite has adapted these two mutations to act as weapons. On the upside, neither creepers nor gobbers are as fast or as strong as the normal zeds."
Shyker frowns and looks around, as though talking about zeds might make them appear.
"But there may be other mutations."

((Thank you, Mr Exposition))
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Amy

"Ah, thank you for the information," I said. Actual thank you this time. "But save the mask for someone who actually needs it."

This was a slightly more complicated mutation than some others I'd seen...interesting.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:36 pm

"Er..." Shyker smirks. "I think you need it. I already have one."
He gestures to his heavy and awesome-looking respirator.
"Although, technically, I'm already infected, so this respirator is as much for your sake as for mine."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:24 pm

Amy

"No, seriously," I started, "I can assure you...I don't need it. I'm immortal, dude."

I figured that there was no sense in hiding it. I mean, really, there were zombies running around. Seemed like an "anything goes" sort of place to me. And hey, I'd already talked about transport spells.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Demetrius

I looked back at Will and back to the group running away, giving a shrug and running after, Will trailing behind.
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:27 pm

T.Mor:

"I'M IMMORTAL TOO. YOU CAN CONFIRM BY WAY OF TALKING TO THE MAGIC BRICK! IT'S LIKE A BRICK...ONLY...NOT ON FIREABLE." Riddle proclaimed... uhm. "HOW DOES YOUR IMMORTAL?!" She asked the other immortal.

"Riddle..." I muttered. It was probably rude to ask questions about other's immortal...ness." Uhm... so... Do I just...er... wear it....all the time then? To er...keep from...being all... infected by...things?" It was kind of odd being the only one who seemed to have to worry about being all... zombified. I mean... a lot of the more scientifical explainy stuff went over my head... but, I got that Bad crap could happen if erm... science. And zombies...yeah. Zombies in the air. Or something. Which was... Bad. Yeah.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:07 am

((I love T. Mor's failure to comprehend (pseudo-)science. It is lolworthy.))
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Amy

"I'm essentially half-demon," I told the crazy girl. Who was apparently immortal and presumably named Riddle. "My core was shaped by a demon core, and I took some demon blood into my body. All by accident, mind you. So I'm immortal now. What about you? You don't smell like angel or demon."

I was surprised by how open I was being about this. But at the same time...it felt kinda good. Refreshing.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:03 pm

T.Mor:

"I CAME IN A BOX FROM THE INTERNET... I HAVE MY OWN SERVER. ALL TO MYSELF. FOR IMMORTALITY AND LASAGNA... IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE CYBER LASAGNA." Riddle explained from the floor where she was repeatedly chucking the brick to try and get it to light on fire, I think... I dunno... I just don't even ask anymore with her... It never comes back with a good answer.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:31 am

"Immortal, eh? Sounds rather useful, expecially with all of the zeds around."
Shyker nods approvingly.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum