the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of Those Huge Chats Where Lots of Epic Stuff Happens

+3
Stark
Regret
Echo
7 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

One of Those Huge Chats Where Lots of Epic Stuff Happens - Page 3 Empty Re: One of Those Huge Chats Where Lots of Epic Stuff Happens

Post by Regret Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Wade laughs.
"'Who are we fighting?' Good one. Not even my team are that calm about things when we're in a red zone. You're a right one, aren't you?"
Wade glances at him, then turns to stare and slows to a walk.
"You really don't know, do you?"
He stares silently for a moment, then wipes a few flecks of blood from one of the glass eyepieces of his gas-mask.
"Them. The dead. They might be slow but they outnumber us. I've just realised that I have no recollection of this place. Do you know a way out of here?"
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

One of Those Huge Chats Where Lots of Epic Stuff Happens - Page 3 Empty Re: One of Those Huge Chats Where Lots of Epic Stuff Happens

Post by Echo Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:11 pm

Senet

"I've nevehr seen zees place een my life," I answered. "...Ze dead? Like...ah, le mot...zombies?"

I thought I spotted movement some ways away. I narrowed my eyes, fixing my sights. Was it an enemy? It didn't help that I had no clue what I was looking for.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:20 pm

"Yup, zeds. Loads of 'em. But if you're lucky we might get to see a Wendigo. That's what a red zone is, one crawling with zeds. It's also what my job is."
Wade dips his left shoulder, showing off the AZTF badges.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Senet

"Wendeego?" I asked. "And can I safely assume zat anyone weezout zat hred X ees an enemy?"

There was definitely someone in my sights. And the someone was moving. The movement seemed slow...just like this guy had said. But I didn't want to shoot until I was absolutely positive.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:39 pm

"The red 'x'... That shows that I'm infected. Anyone who doesn't speak a clearly human-sounding language is the enemy. And a Wendigo is what you get when multiple human and/or animal corpses are combined in one zed."
Wade chuckles.
"But they're rare as pearls on a rat's arse."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:46 pm

Senet

"Oh... Well, ees zehre any way I can easeely tell fhriend fhrom foe?"

I wanted to ask about being infected, but I figured that that would have to wait. And I really wanted to know if I should shoot already or not.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:15 am

"Shout out to it. If it doesn't answer, shoot it. If you can see it, rotting flesh is a dead giveaway. So is lurching."
Wade has spotted the shape that Senet is aiming at.
"Yeah, I reckon that's one of 'em."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulOutcast4212 Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Dulce's eyes blinked open. With a start she looked around her and recoiled against the arms of the man holding her. What happened? Had she blacked out? She fisted her gloved hand tightly in anger and slammed it down on the man's shoulder. She was so god damn weak. "Put me down!" She snarled, doing her best to twist away from his grip.
BeautifulOutcast4212
BeautifulOutcast4212

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Senet

"Ah, you'hre awake," I said to Dulce. Then, turning to the figure in the distance, I shouted, "'Ey! You zehre!"

I just wanted to be absolutely positive. Sure enough, the figure didn't respond. I raised the gun, took aim, and fired.

Bang! Headshot.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Demetrius

I froze at the sound of a gun shot...it was an all /too/ familiar sound. I pulled out mine, wipping around and seeing a figure fall and another rasing a gun. I couldn't really see who it was, but it didn't look like anyone I knew. "Who's there?" I called.
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:29 pm

Senet

So there was another living person around here. The voice sounded somewhat familiar, but I couldn't quite place it.

"Zat deepends," I called back to the unknown voice as I quickly reloaded the shotgun. "'Oo ahre you?"
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Demetrius

Now he was asking me who I was? I believe I /did/ ask first. I kept my gun pointed at him, "Demetrius, Demetrius Cox. Pleasure to meet your aquaintence. Now if you could be so kind to tell me your name, sir?"
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Senet

"Senet," I answered quickly, not dropping my guard for a moment. I'd had a thought... It was a longshot, but it never hurt to ask. "...Demetrius Cox. Like Ezhra Cox?"
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:39 pm

Demetrius

Ah, so he knew Ezra. Well...Ezra did get out alot more than I did. "My brother...you know him?" I asked, tilting my head curiously. I had never heard a Senet mentioned...then again...Ezra didn't really mention anyone.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Senet

"Yes," I answered. Wow...small Planar Universe. "We've met. Also, I don't suggzjest you stand ahround like zat. Zehre ahre zombies about. By any chance, ahre you fameeliar weez zees ahrea? We need a way out."
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:30 pm

Demetrius

O.o Zombies...what the....how...?! "There are Zombies?! How did...?!" I asked, walking over to the boy named Senet and keeping my gun out. Just what I needed...an apocalypse."
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Rogue:
"Rogue" I reply cooly. "Assassin of the Alarakar branch, head of the Draconis Unit". I examine her clothing. "Your clothes are strange, where do you come from?" I ask. Slowly I start to relax my hand sliding away from my blade.
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Amy

"I told you, I don't want to play games," I said, annoyed.

Seriously, this guy was infuriatingly persistent. I'd thought I'd made it pretty clear that I didn't want to deal with this bullcrap, but here he was. Rogue, assassin of the Alarkawhatever my behind.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Rogue:
"Games are for children, I play no games here. Why do you assume that I do?" I look at her puzzled. "May I ask where your dialect is from? You speak rather oddly". I sit back against a tree one knee out stretched the other bent I rest my arm against my knee.
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:23 pm

"Seriously, Demeter, or whatever-the-shit you call yourself, this is a red zone. I can't believe you wierdos are out here ALONE."
Wade dumps Dulce on the ground and draws a pair of mismatched pistols. He backs up against a wall and motions with his pistols for the others to follow.
"Just... try to keep quiet, and if you know your way around, tell me. Quietly."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Amy

"You're the one speaking oddly, Mr. LARPer," I said with an eyeroll. "Fine. I'll play your way. I hail from the fair land known as America, which is where we stand presently."

Senet

"I zjust ahrrived," I said with a shrug. "Fohrced to hretreat een ze meeddle of a fight. Zjumped zhrough ze deemensions, and 'ehre I am."

I figured that if there were zombies around, there was no harm in mentioning that I was capable of transdimentional travel. This seemed like an "anything goes" sort of plane so far...
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:44 pm

"I've got no freaking clue about dimensions or whatever this crap is. I just know that I've never been here. That means that I have to treat it as a red zone."
Wade smirks behind his gas-mask.
"I would ask you to take me away from here, but..."
He gestures at the empty buildings, at least one of which is on fire.
"This is my home. Well, somewhere around here is."

((I would like to point out that what Wade says is actually much worse than what I type. I am bowdlerising as I go along to minimise offence))
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Senet

"Pahrallel uneevehrse," I told him. "And even eef you deed want me to take you, eet wouldn't be fohr quite some time. I'm beat. And zjumpeeng two people ees vehry taxeeng."

I saw another figure some ways away and called out to it, just like before. When I got no answer, I aimed the gun and fired. Second headshot. I'd always been a pretty skilled marksman.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:55 pm

"Not bad at all."
Wade nods approvingly.
"Ten points."
He shuffles to the corner of the wall and spins round it, felling two shuffling figures in two shots.
"Game on, kiddo."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Demetrius

Zombies...oh joy. I saw one stumbling down the allyway and I pointed my gun and fired, hitting it in the stomach. "How did this happen?" I asked, turning to one of the men.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next