the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori!

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori! Empty We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori!

Post by Avery Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Okay, so this is a continuation between Kaleo (Tay's character) and Nala (my character). They are both of Maori descent and both from New Zealand.

The setting of this chat is in New Zealand. In some place where there are a good amount of resources and still some fields or meadows or something.

Name: Nalani Jarvien
Looks: We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori! Kina11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nalani stood near the gates of the primary school, waiting for her little brother to get out. He was a fourth year and he needed to be picked up every night, but it seemed like neither of her parents would pick him up. She stood out in the crown, around these parts. The majority of people around her were fair skinned. They were all of European descent. She didn't care, though. Being on of the Maori gave her strength, something to be proud of, belonging.

Last edited by Avery on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori! Empty Re: We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:01 am

Name: Kaleo Mikaere
Looks:We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori! Samoan-youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaleo trotted up to the primary school with a sigh, wiping the sweat from his brow. He barely noticed Nalani, more focused on if he was at the right school. He glanced at the sign and gave a small nod. He then looked around and saw Nalani and gave a small smile. "How are you? Nice day, yea?"

Back to top Go down

We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori! Empty Re: We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori!

Post by Avery Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:13 am

His tanned appearance was enough to tell Nala that he wasn't completely European. She approached with a small smile. "Better than the past." It was a double meaning, surely, because they were still in rainy season and this was a perfect day, so she had gotten luck. "And I'm loving it. What about you?" Nala was glad she wasn't so bad with small talk that she would make things awkward. She also noticed that her accent was a bit softer than his full accent.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:55 am

Kaleo smiled widely as he watched her, giving a small nod. The girl was quiet beautiful, nothing like all the white girls he saw around. For Kaleo there was a difference between the two. White girls were fun to play with, but Kaleo wanted a brown girl, a Moari, because they usually didn't pay attention to the little things that broke relationships like the white girls did. "Oh, I'm lovin' it," he said, his thick accent dripping off every word. His brown eyes sparkled with a happiness that never seemed to fade.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Nala grinned, looking back at the school building. Maybe showing up twenty minutes early wasn't such a bad thing. "I'm Nalani," she said, extending her hand to shake his. He was cute and getting his name would definitely be progress. Despite her background, she had never been with a Maori boy and her father constantly nagged her that she was getting too old to find one, but she wasn't even eighteen yet.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Kaleo grinned and took her hand, his large one seeming to totally engulf hers. "Kaleo, it's nice to meet you," he said as he gave her hand a gentle shake, making sure to not hurt her. It was odd for most people, to have such a gentle touch come from such a large, ripped guy. But, in all truth, Kaleo was like a giant teddy-bear until you got him mad. But even then, he would never hurt a woman. Spank her maybe. But never hurt her. "What brings you here? You got siblings in there?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Nala blinked, then a small grin tried to slip onto her lips. She bit it down and nodded. "I have a little brother in there. He's a fourth year." She paused, checking her phone for the time. "What about you?" She asked, pulling her braid over her shoulder. She slipped her hand out of his with some reluctance. He was warm and shockingly gentle. She liked it.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Kaleo gave a small nod as he watched her, shoving his hands into his pocket. "I have to pick up my niece," he said with a small grin. "She's a third year," he let one of his hand run through his hair and glanced up at the sky. "Good day for the beach," he commented.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Nala looked up at the sky and nodded. "Yeah, it is," she said. "Say, do you and your niece have any plans after school?" She asked, cocking her head a little. She kinda hoped he'd say no, but she'd deal if he said yes. He just seemed kinda cool. Okay, really cool, but she was keeping her enthusiasm to a minimum.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Kaleo thought for a moment, then shook his head. "Not really, I have footy practice, but that's not till later," he said with a small smile. "Why? You have somethin' in mind?" He would be willing to go chill with Nalani. She was pretty awesome and he wouldn't mind hanging out with her. And he was sure that Kelie wouldn't mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:39 pm

"Well, you did point out that it was a wonderful day for the beach, so I figured that maybe you'd like to go," Nala said, musing aloud. She looked at him, batting her eyelashes slightly. She liked to joke around and he seemed fun enough. And her little brother might have someone to hang out with if they went. It'd be a win win.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Kaleo's grin only seemed to widen. "Alright, we can do that," he gave a small nod. "You brought somethin' to swim in?" Playful mischief gleamed in his eyes. This was going to be good. Someone he could joke with that wasn't white and wouldn't get butt hurt over stupid things. Kaleo had a tendency to be blunt, but that's the way his people were. He also had a tendency to go quiet, not minding the silence and not want to talk, which most people seemed to freak out about. But, once again it was just in his nature to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:50 pm

"I always keep swim suits in my car," Nala said, grinning. The looked back to her little black car and then back at him. "Do you have a specific beach you like?" She asked, looking back at her. She heard the dim bell ring from the school building and then chuckled. "How about I just follow your lead?" She suggested.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Kaleo smiled at her and chuckled, "alright, but it'll be real slow. I didn't bring a car," he said and glanced at the school as the bell rang. He sighed, waiting for Kelie. He hoped she was in a good mood today, although he knew she loved him the most out of all her uncles. She had told him several times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Nala grinned again. "Okay, I'll walk with you, then," she said, shrugging. She skipped to her car, grabbing a tropical colored two piece and shoved it in her purse, while walking back to him. Her brother was approaching the gates and she smiled as he came out. "Get your trunks, were're going to the beach, bro."
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Kelie came walking out beside Nalani's brother and beamed as soon as she saw Kaleo. "UNCLE K!" she screamed happily as she barreled through the kids to him. He chuckled and hugged her tightly. "Hey kiddo, you want to go to the beach before we go back to your mum's?" Kelie's eyes went wide and gave a frantic nod.
"I brought my suit to school today, too! How'd you know?"
Kaleo grinned and touched his temple. "I'm magic, remember?"
Kelie nodded with wide eyes and grinned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Nala smiled at the little girls excitement, though her brother didn't look nearly as pleased. "Cheer up, Iko, it'll be fun," she said, ruffling his hair. He jumped back, his face in a slight frown and his cheeks tinted pink. "Nala, quiet it! You're embarrassing me!" He said and she laughed quietly, starting after Kaleo when Iko had put his bag in her car.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Kaleo grinned at Nala and walked beside her as Kelie walked in front of them, leading the way. Kaleo looked at Nala, then at her brother Iko and held out his hand to him. "Hey bro," he said, not necessarily expecting a handshake. "I'm Kaleo."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Nala watched Iko analyse the boy, before grabbing his hand in a handshake. She was slightly surprised that he was being so... Social. "I'm Iko," he said with a small smile. Nala managed a grin and kept her pace beside the boys, then looked at Kellie, who was marching along.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:56 pm

Kaleo grinned as he shook his hand, then let go. "You like footy Iko?" he asked, deciding to strike up conversation with the boy. It was better than walking in silence since he actually felt like talking for once.

Kelie skipped along ahead, her long dark hair swinging back and forth in a ponytail. She was singing a Hawaiian lullaby her mum had taught her, and would have been dancing to it had she not been skipping. She loved it when Kaleo came to pick her up because she always got to go on adventures with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Nala listened closely to what Kellie was humming, smiling widely when she recognized the song. She hummed it quietly, walking behind the girl. Iko turned to look up at Kaleo with wide eyes. "Uh-huh! Do you?" He asked, grinning.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:35 pm

Kaleo grinned widely and chuckled giving a nod. "Ya bro, I'm on the community footy team. 'Course I love footy," he glanced ahead and raised a brow at Nala and Kelie. "You ever get to see the All Black's play?" He looked back at Iko.

Kelie looked up and grinned at Nala. "You know that song too?" she said with excitement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Iko shook his head, looking up at Kaleo. "No, I've never seen them play, but Nala said she'd get some tickets and I could bring some friends to watch one on my birthday," he said quietly, so Nala wouldn't hear him. He didn't want her to know that he knew. It was supposed to be a secret.

Nala looked down at Kellie and nodded. "My mum used to sing it to me," she said, her eyes lighting a little. "How did you learn it?"
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Kaleo smiled and chuckled. "Well that'll be awesome. I must say, I think I'm a little jealous right now, bro. You got a good sister, don' you?" He glanced up to see the beach was only three more blocks. His grin seemed to get a little larger.

Kelie smiled up at her. "Kaleo taught it to my mum and my mum taught it to me," she said with a grin. "It's really pretty. You have a very pretty voice." she gave a small nod then glanced up. "Look! We're almost there!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Nala nodded, grinning. "Thank you," she said, looking at the beach. "I'll catch up with you guys. I need to change. Iko, stay with Kaleo, you hear me?" She waved quickly, holding her bathing suit tight to her and then turned to a small snack shack where she could change. She grinned, changing quickly.

"I know," Iko said, nodding, looking up at Kaleo. Nala broke off from their group and he grinned. "And she looks at you like she likes you, y'know," Iko said with a wink.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum