the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori!

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori! - Page 4 Empty Re: We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Kaleo grinned at Iko. "Hot chocolate it is then," he said and looked back at Nala. Kelie wasn't as excited as Iko because this was one of their many rituals. Kaleo stood and grabbed his bag, running down the bleachers to stand in front of them. "Alright, let's go," he said holding out his hand to help Nala up.

Back to top Go down

We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori! - Page 4 Empty Re: We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori!

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Nala took his hands and stood, letting them drop after a second and then she looked at Iko, who was smiling, but not at them. At Kelie. "I really like that necklace," he said to her, touching the middle shell. He was in awe that the had actually given him something. "Where are we going?" Nala asked, following him out.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:02 pm

"A little coffee shop just a block or so down," Kaleo said and stopped when they reached the edge of the bleachers. He glanced at Nala and realized all she had was a sweater. "Know what would look good on you? Well besides me?" He chuckled playfully and slipped off his jacket, putting it on her shoulders. "That would." He gave a small, approving nod, then walked out into the rain with them.

Kelie grinned and went to hand Iko back his jacket. "I like the bracelet..it's amazing..I don't think I'll ever take it off."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Nala blushed and took his jacket which drowned her small frame. She pulled it tight around her and grinned up at him. "Thanks, Kaleo," she said. "And I'm sure you'd look okay on me, too," she chuckled. She stared out, still following by his side, the little kids a few steps behind them.

Iko grinned, his eyes bright. "Really?! That's awesome, Kelie," he said quietly. "I won't take this necklace off, either," he promised her. This was definitely the start of a beautiful friendship.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:16 pm

Kelie grinned and slipped her hand into his then ran after Nala and Kaleo, tugging him along. "Come on! We gotta hurry or Kaleo might drink all the hot chocolate!"

Kaleo chuckled, his hands in his pockets as the rain splattered against his body. "So, Nala. What's it like? Being an angel I mean." He acted as though it was a normal conversation to have with a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Nala snorted and shrugged. "Well, sometimes it's hard to keep my head out of the clouds, but I seem to find good people, sometimes more deserving of my status," she joked with him. He was easy to talk to, out going and sweet. In the back of her mind, she felt like her father would approve of hi, partly because of his attitude around her and partly because he was like her.

Iko grinned, looking down at their hands for a second before he was tugged along, giggling and running after her. He wanted... No. Needed hot chocolate. He had some at home but it was always better when he bought it. Always.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:28 am

Kaleo chuckled and gave a small nod. "Did it hurt when you fell?" He asked, glancing up at the sky and the dark rolling clouds. He looked ahead and stopped at the coffee shop, holding the door open for her, Iko, and Kelie. Kelie didn't let go of Iko's hand when they went inside. She was to distracted by the smells. It was safe to say that Kelie was a sniff whore. She loved to smell everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:45 am

Iko grinned as they entered the small coffee shop, instantly comforted by the smells and the warm colors. He looked at pastries lining one shelf and art on the wall above it and then smiled. This must be where a lot of grown ups hung out, he figured. There were no really bright colors or toys, though. "Haha," Nala said, rolling her eyes a little. "As a matter of fact, it did. My pride was shattered. lucky for me, it healed quickly."
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:58 am

"Huh." Kaleo grinned as he followed them all to the counter. While waiting in line he reached down and looked at the tag on the back of her shirt and gave an interested "mmhmm," then went back to standing there. He glanced at Kelie and grinned a little, seeing her clinging to Iko's hand as she looked around and took in the rich smell of coffee and coco.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:02 am

Nala turned a little, looking at him with a raise eyebrow. "What?" She asked, biting her lip gently, and then smiled. She had felt him do something to her shirt, but she didn't know what he had done, so she was a little worried. Iko finally got past the smells of the coffee house and managed to glance down at his and Kelie's hands, which were still intertwined together. A small blush colored his cheeks very slightly, though his dark skin concealed it for the most part.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:08 am

Kelie grinned happily. "I love the smell! It's soooo good!" She couldn't get past the smells. She could smell all the different flavors and spices and it just made her mouth water.

Kaleo looked at her. "Huh? Oh, I was just checkin' your tag to make sure you were legit. Said made in Heaven, so I guess you're good." He winked at her, then stepped up to the cashier. "I need three hot chocolates and," he looked at Nala to let her finish the order, unsure of what she wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:18 am

"make that four hot chocolates," Nala said and then looked back at Kaleo with a small smile. "Made in heaven, 'ey? I'll believe it when I see it." She ginned, leaning back against the counter, waiting for the drinks to be ready. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her brother and Kelie holding hands and she couldn't help but wonder when that had happened. Iko just nodded at Kelie, his lips tugged up in a grin. The rich chocolate, the buttery pastries, and even the bitter coffee smelled good here.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:25 am

Kelie took a deep breath and pretended to faint from the smells, leaning against him with a giggle. To her it was nothing more than hanging out with a good friend.

Kaleo grinned and paid for the drinks. When they came he grabbed the tray. "Oi, Kelie, go find a spot."
Kelie nodded and tugged Iko through the coffee shop to one of the tall stool tables. "Come on! Let's sit here!" She let go of his hand so she could climb into the seat. Kaleo chuckled and shook his head slightly at the two as he followed and glanced at Nala.
"Wanna hear a joke?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:40 pm

"Shoot," Nala said, her eyes flashing with a slight amusement. She twirled her hand in her cup absently and then took a small sip. Too hot. She set the cup down, looking at Kaleo again. She couldn't help but smile a little wider as she met his eyes.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:46 pm

Kaleo ginned as he passed out the hot chocolate then put the tray away. "Alright," He sat down next to her, a goofy lopsided grin in place. "These poly's heard a lot of noise comin' from their friends house so they decided to go see what he was doing. When they got there they said, "Oi, what are you doin bro?" Their friend looked up from his buildin project and said, "I'm buildin a rocket numbskull what does it look like?" The men looked at each, then back at their friend. "What do you need a rocket for?" The friend grinned proudly. "I'ma be the first person to land on the sun." The friends frown. "You can't do that bro, you'll burn up!" The friend shook his head and tapped the side of the nose with a wide grin. "I got a plan for that poi's. I got a play for that. I'm gonna go at night."'

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:51 pm

Nala laughed quietly, covering her mouth. She had to admit, it was pretty lame, but the excitement he had when telling it completely made up for that fact. He was just so... Real. She even admitted that though lame, his joke was funny. "I don't have any mad joke skills like you," she said, her eyes crinkling around the edges.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Kaleo grinned and chuckled, loving her reaction to the joke. "Eh, neither do I. But it's fun to tell anyway." He glanced at his hot chocolate, tempted to drink it even though he knew he would burn his tongue. But then again, he liked to taste his food, so he left it. He looked back up at her and was slightly taken aback by how beautiful she was. It was always a shock to him for some reason. "'Ey, was your daddy a theif?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Nala raised an eyebrow and her smile widened as she put her hand back down on the table. "No why would you ask that?" She asked, teasing. She could feel the onslaught of another pick-up line coming on, but she really didn't mind it. She batted her eyelashes and looked at him, keeping her eyes locked with him. Iko looked over at his sister and rolled his eyes, snorting quietly as he looked back Kelie. He felt around in his pocket for some change and found a few dollars. "Wanna cookie?"
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:06 pm

Kelie's eyes brightened and she gave a quick nod. "Sure! We can share it!" she said excitedly. Iko was swiftly becoming her favorite person, next only to Kaleo.

Kaleo raised a brow. "Because, he must have stolen the stars and put them in your eyes. They don't stop sparkling when you smile." His face was totally serious, though his tone was light-hearted and joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:17 pm

Nala couldn't help but grin, despite the cheesy line. "A fan of the lines, are we?" She asked, cocking her head to the side a little. She knew he was joking, but she still blushed just a little, just dark enough to be barely noticeable on her cheeks.

Iko stood and nodded, walking to the counter and buying one of the big cookies. He grinned and walked back to Kelie, putting it on the table and offered her the bigger half with a small grin.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Kelie grinned and took the cookie with a smile. "Thanks, Iko," she went to take a bite of her half, then realized it was bigger than Iko's. So she broke her half in half, and offered him one half of her cookie.

Kaleo grinned and shrugged. "Only when there's someone worth using them on," he chuckled. "So, tell me about your family, your interests. Basically, recite your facebook profile page."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:36 pm

Iko shook his head, laughing and pushing the piece of cookie away."Nah, I wanted you to have that half," he said, nodding. He was going to be nice, even if he was a bit of a glutton. He couldn't help it. COOKIES WERE JUST SO DELICIOUS!

Nala grinned, then pursed her lips. "Well, I have four brothers and I'm the second to last child, I live with my mum, my dad it always on business. I like to go on adventured. And cliff diving. I love cliff diving," she said. "I also draw. And dance. And occasionally, I play sports."
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Kelie bit her lip and then sighed and resigned to his insistence. She happily ate her cookie and looked around, reveling in it's warm, soft melt in your mouth goodness. "I love cookies," she said with a giggle.

Kaleo gave a small nod, looking thoughtful. "Sounds like a very interesting life," he said, giving a small grin. "I'd love to see you dance some time."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:29 pm

Nala grinned a little and nodded. "Maybe I'll show you," she said, her eyes lighting up a bit. She loved to dance and had been dancing since she could last remember. It was something her mother used to do and it was passed on to her.

Iko nodded, chomping his piece of the cookie to bits. "Me, too," he said, revealing a shockingly white grin, despite the cookie he had been eating.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Kelie grinned back, a little chocolate on the corner of her mouth. "You want to come for dinner? Mum is making a big feed!"

Kaleo raised a brow and grinned. "I'd really like that." He glanced at his hands, trying to think of something to say. "So," he looked back up at her. "You got a map?" He asked, his eyes searching hers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum