the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori!

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori! - Page 3 Empty Re: We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori!

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:31 am

Nala got to her car pretty quickly and took the time that Iko used to get into the car to squeal happily. Once Iko opened the door, though, she stopped, just grinning. "Did you have fun today?" She asked him. Iko nodded ecstatically. "Will we get to hang out with them again?" He asked. "I sure hope so," Nala said, driving them home.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori! - Page 3 Empty Re: We are the Maori! The mighty, mighty Maori!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:43 am

A few days passed and Kaleo was sitting in the living room with Kelie, helping her do her homework. "Uncle K...can we hang out with Iko this weekend?" She really wanted to hang out with them now...but she was sure her mom wouldn't allow it.
"Well...I have a game this weekend," Kaleo sighed.
"Can we invite them to the game?" She asked hopefully. Kaleo looked thoughtful as he considered this. He gave a small nod and pulled out his phone.
"alright, let's see if they want to come to the game."
He typed in Nala's number and listed quietly, Kelie bouncing in anticipation as they waited for Nala to pick up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:48 am

Nala hadn't heard anything from Kaleo of Kelie, though Iko asked if they could see them all the time. She said she'd wait for him to call and it'd always result in Iko looking all depressed. After a quick shower, Nala sat down on her bed, doing her nails in an intricate tribal pattern. Suddenly her phone rand and she bit her lip to keep from flinching. She flicked it open, turning it on speaker. "Nala here."
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:53 am

"Hey, this is Kaleo," Kaleo said glancing at Kelie who was getting ready to squeal happily, knowing that Nala had picked up. "Kelie and I were wondering if you were doing anything tomorrow. I have a footy game and we thought you'd like to come."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:59 am

Across from here in a computer chair, was Iko, who did a silent fist pump. Nala laughed quietly and looked at him. He gave several nods and she sighed. "Yeah, looks like my schedule is clear," she said, grinning."We'd love to come." She had been to several of her brothers games, so she knew what they were like and all, but something about seeing Kaleo play made her feel like she was in high school again.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:06 am

Kaleo grinned happily and gave a small nod towards Kelie. She couldn't help a squeal of excitement before running off to grab the necklace she had been working on. She had to finish it before tomorrow.

"Alright, sounds good. You won't have to pay to get in, I'll take care of that. It starts at 4 and is in the upper fields. Kelie said to make sure to bring Iko."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:13 am

Nala gave Iko a small thumbs up and he grinned, going to work on his 'secret project' and she smiled. "Awesome," she said. "Thanks for inviting us," she said. "I really can't wait to see you again... Er, you and Kelie. Iko is excited, too," she said. She was thrilled and knew that as soon as she got off the phone, she'd have to find something to wear.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:16 am

Kaleo chuckled, a deep rich sound. "We're excited to see you both as well. We'll see you tomorrow then. I have to go help my sister with the feed." He told her a quick goodbye and hung up. He couldn't help his own fist pump before going to help his sister with dinner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:18 am

Nala hung up the phone, giggling when she put it on her stand. She could here food cooking downstairs and she just smiled wider. Her brothers were over for the weekend and her mother took the initiative to cook for them all. But she didn't need to eat. Instead, she went straight for the closet, looking through all of her clothes.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:23 am

The next day Kaleo was walking with Kelie to the game. In Kelie's hand she held a leather bag which she clung tightly to so as to not loose it. Kaleo stopped at the ticket booth and paid for two tickets that were to be given to Nala and Iko when they came. They then walked over to the stadium, Kelie taking her place on the front row, while Kaleo headed into the change room.

Kelie sighed and struck up a conversation with an old couple she knew fairly well. They came to every game and had sort of adopted Kelie and Kaleo as their grandchildren.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:28 am

Nala decided to be simple today, wearing a pair of black jeans and cropped shirt with a tank top underneath. When her and Iko got to the stadium, she gave her name and got two tickets. She read the seats and smiled. Front row. As they started walking, Iko saw Kelie and beamed, running to her and waving, fishing into his pocket for something. "Hey." Nala followed after, taking a seat and looking onto the field.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:33 am

Kelie grinned happily and waved back, waiting for them to sit down. She looked at them beaming. "You guys came! Kaleo was worried you wouldn't," she snickered. She looked at Iko and beamed. "I have something for you."

Kaleo came running out on to the field with the rest of his team, dressed in uniform. They began to stretch and warm up, their coach shouting at them. "Ok poy's! Remember the free D's! Defense! Discipline! And Dackle! Dackle! Dackle!" Their coach shouted above them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:41 am

Nala grinned and looked at Iko, who had his eyes trained on Kelie. "I don't think Iko would let me miss it," she said. Iko shrugged it off and then smiled. "You have something for me?" He asked, cocking his head a little. Nala's eyes went out to watch the boys warm up, mostly watching Kaleo with a smile that she was trying to bite back.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:51 am

Kelie nodded, handing over the leather bag with the hemp shell necklace inside. The blue shell sat right in the middle, just like he had wanted it to. She bit her lip, waiting for his reaction.

Kaleo sighed, the warm up being just that. A warm up. To him, the real work wouldn't start until the middle of the game, but most of the boys were already working up a sweat. The bleachers began to fill and the coach let the boys get a drink. Kaleo ran over to the front row where Kelie sat with Nala and Iko. Kelie had his water bottle, a strategic movement on his part. That way he had to come see them. "Hey," he grinned at Nala as he reached the bleachers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:59 am

Nala felt like a little girl all over again. She blushed and looked anywhere but in his eyes. "Hey," she said and after a second, finally looked at him. "Good luck." She pulled her sweater a little closer, though she was thankful for the wind around today.

Iko's eyes widened as he saw the necklace that she made for him and he grinned. "You're amazing, Kelie," he said. He fished out the bracelet he had made from his pocket, intricately woven with a small, shiny band of copper going throughout and a few beads he found. "I made you this," he said.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:14 am

Kelie's eyes went wide as she took the bracelet carefully. "It's beautiful!" she exclaimed, quickly slipping it on. She beamed up at him and hugged him tightly. "Thank you!" She giggled happily as she hugged him, deciding the bracelet wasn't ever going to come off.

Kaleo grinned as he watched her. "Thank you, I'm gonna need it," he chuckled. "'Ey, wanna do me a favor and pass me that water bottle there?" he asked gesturing to the water bottle that stuck out of Kelie's backpack. Not that Kelie noticed, she was to caught up in Iko.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:20 am

Nala nodded, leaning over to grab the bottle and then sat back up, yanking her sweater back into place. She handed it to him with a small smile. "And I'm sue you'd do fine, even without my luck," she chuckled, looking past him out to the field, then back with a widening grin.

Iko blushed as she caught him in a hug after he had finished fastening on the necklace. He hugged her back, grinning and then pulled away. "N-no problem," he said, shrugging quickly as he cheeks cooled down a little bit and weren't so pink.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:32 am

Kelie grinned and looked at Kaleo, jumping up quickly to show him the bracelet. "Uncle K! Look how cool Iko is! He made this for me!" Kaleo grinned and took the water bottle with a thank you then looked at the bracelet. He examined it closely then glanced at Iko and then back to Kelie.
"It's a very fine bracelet sis, make sure you take good care of it."
Kelie nodded vigorously and then ran back and sat down with Iko, staring in on how her week had gone since she last saw them.
Kaleo chuckled and looked back at Nala. "I'll be playin for you," he said playfully and gave a wink before dashing off to the field again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:39 am

Nala bit back her grin as she watched him go back onto the field. Absently, she noticed the little gift exchange going on beside her and she felt a little more at ease. They were getting along, the little ones wee getting along and everything was working out right. When she looked a little bit closer at Kelie's bracelet, she smiled. She didn't know Iko could do that. Something new. She returned her attention to the game as it started.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:45 am

The game wore on, turning brutal as they played. Storm clouds sauntered in and by half time, what started out as a light drizzle turned into a common down pour. Fortunately, the bleachers had an over hang to keep everyone dry. Kelie shivered slightly in the cold, but her eyes never left the field, trained on number 47.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:48 am

Iko watched the game, a wide smile on his face, then he saw Kelie shiver. He wasn't sure what a boy should normally do, so he unzipped his coat and slid it off, handing it to her. "There," he said with a small smile. He went back to watching the game like he hadn't done anything, though. The only evidence was a small smile on his lips. Nala was near him, but she wasn't paying attention. She was in her own little world. As the game wore on, she became more fascinated, but her eyes rarely left Kaleo.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:54 am

Kelie blushed slightly and smiled, huddling inside Iko's jacket as she watched the rest of the game. When it was over, everyone in the bleachers began to get up and leave. Kelie sat patiently, waiting for Kaleo like she always did. He came out a while later, the mud washed off and wearing a dark leather jacket with his jeans and black t-shirt. He quickly dashed up to the bleachers, making sure not to fall as he sat behind them. "So what'd you think?" He asked, bearing the beginnings of a partial black eye, split lip, and a cut beneath his left eye, not to mention the bruises his sore body was riddled with. It was harder to see what was going on in the rain, especially when you play against a team that doesn't exactly play fair. But, even with that said, Kaleo's team had won.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:54 am

Nala seemed like she had been on the edge of her seat during the entire game. When it was over, she couldn't help the silly grin that came across her lips and it only widened when she saw Kaleo coming over to them."You were awesome," Nala said. "The whole game was awesome." She looked over at Iko, who nodded happily. "You were awesome, bro!" Iko turned his attention back to Kelie, chatting animatedly. Nala turned her attention back Kaleo, her eyes softening, grinning. "I'm glad I came out today."
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Kaleo grinned as he watched Kelie and Iko, then turned back to face Nala. "I'm glad you came out too, the game wouldn't have been nearly as fun." He winked at her again before stretching, his gym bag sitting beside him. "Can I treat you to ice cream? Or hot chocolate?" he asked as he watched them all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:37 pm

Nala thought for a moment and shrugged. Iko perked up. "Hot chocolate?!" He asked, grinning. Nala shrugged one more time, looking at Kaleo. "You really don't have to," she said, looking down. Iko looked like he had his heart set on it, though and she felt guilty for letting Kaleo treat them, so she was in a tight spot.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum