the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh there's no place like London...

4 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Oh there's no place like London... - Page 10 Empty Re: Oh there's no place like London...

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Simon
"I am Simon Acton. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Alice" I kiss her hand and smile "Would you care to dance?"

Ahhh, not sure what I'm doing

Back to top Go down

Oh there's no place like London... - Page 10 Empty Re: Oh there's no place like London...

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Edmund: "So...would you care to dance?" She blinks and cocks her head, giving me that unreadable look again. "No..." she says softly. I feel myself start to frown. "Oh..." "I mean, you're a very good partner and I'm sure it would be fun. I'm just not in the mood." I nod, trying not to show how injured my pride is. "Maybe another time then?" She nods slowly as if unsure. Another nail on my coffin. "Well, I should really go see what's become of Ambrosia now, shouldn't I? Excuse me," I say quickly before walking outside to get some air.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Violet: I must have been imagining things, I turned away with a shake of my head. But still, the thought nagged at me that there could have been someone out there. Someone who could climb trees, so not a noble. And people who weren't nobles were usually fun. Hmmm. I noticed that the bottom of the window had a small hole in it from years of standing there, and tossed a cake through the hole. I watched out of the corner of my eye to see if something, or someone, fetched it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:54 pm

Don't worry, Ende, you're doing fine.

Alice: "Certainly, Simon," I smiled and let him lead me to the dance floor where there was a waltz. My parents had hired private dance tutors for Violet and I, though Violet had two left feet. "Acton...the name rings a bell, but I don't believe our families have met before."

Maybe their families could hate each other, but have never told the children?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Dustin: He peeked back into the ballroom. That one boy--he just got turned down! Ooooh, was that the same boy that Canary had blushed at earlier? Something was tossed on the window pane. Cake?

He bit his lip. It looked good. But it meant someone had spotted him. He couldn't resist. He snatched it, and nibbled it. Chocolate. Good stuff.

Last edited by Jacky K. on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:56 pm

Nellie
Well, THIS is fun, I thought sarcastically. "Hey Esther" I whispered "we need to do something to lighten this party. Stat."

Esther
I really didn't like where this was going...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:59 pm

Sure!
Simon
I moved with ease across the dance floor "And Phillips sounds familiar as well, though I can't quite place it..." I admit "You are very skilled, Lady Alice. Where did you learn to dance so well?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:59 pm

Violet: I saw a hand dart to the cake, and brought my fist down on it, crushing the fingers and the cake. I had caught them, the tree-climber! I was now ducked behind the table, and looked up at who it was. A scrawny little blonde boy, who couldn't be older than I, and probably was younger.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:00 pm

Noah: When Ambrosia doesn't answer, I shrug and take out my violin. I start tuning it up when I spot the twins. "Nellie?" I ask with a frown. My eye moves to land on her. "Or Neal?"

PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:00 pm

Alice: "Dance lessons, yourself?" I had thought most nobles took them, but if I didn't recognize the name Acton then maybe he was from a place where they had different customs. Maybe they spent their money on cooking lessons, how silly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Dustin: his eyes widened with surprise. He tugged at his hand. "Agh! Lemme go!" The cake got squashed. Sad
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:02 pm

Canary: she looked at the newcomers in confusion. What did the gypsie mean by that?
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:02 pm

Edmund: I think I saw Ambrosia go by the docks, so I decide to go check on her while I'm out here. I walk the path down the hill and stop when I see the gypsy from earlier and a few others. "Oh...hullo," I call.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Nellie
"I don't know who this Nellie girl is, maybe you should introduce me to her?" I ask with a sly smile. "How are you, Noah?"

Esther
I roll my eyes, then realize how unladylike like that was.

Simon
"Same, though I don't posses your skill, Lady Alice"

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Canary: Was that..."Hello?" she called.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Violet: "No, I caught you fair and square!" I hissed, a smile on my lips. Having a victim was much more interesting than some silly party. I noticed the hat on his head "Ah, so you are a paper boy?"

Alice: "Why thank you, Sir Simon," I smirked, something Violet said made me look seductive but evil. Violet had such very odd things to say. "Are you parents friends of the (insert last name of family that is hosting party)?"

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Noah: I blink. "Mhm..." When one of the day's customers walks over, I smile. "Oh, hello yourself. I see you've found out about our little party..." The kid blinks and looks around. "Wow...wonder why I wasn't
invited." He walks over and takes a seat as he looks around. "Well...I'm Edmund, guys."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Simon
"Yes, I believe so" I nod "Though I am alone in attendance tonight. My father is in bed with the flu, and my mother stayed home to take care of him. Where is your family, if you do not mind my inquiry?" She was stunningly beautiful, and I held her a notch closer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Dustin squirmed. Who was this lady? "More or less..." he said, and with a heave managed to tug his hand free, but lost balance and almost fell off his branch. He caught himself, examining the chocolate smooshed on his hand. "What's it to you?"

Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Nellie
"Hello, Edmund, my name is Neal. Nice to meet you" I greet, sitting on a dock. Hm...water...swimming! We could go swimming! Problem is, I never learned how. Then I take off in one direction, leaving my sister looking confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Canary: she felt her cheeks flush again. Maybe she could steal away, and he wouldn't notice her. That's precisely what she did.

Edmund. So that was his name, then.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Edmund: Wow. I'm a person repellant. I sigh and lay back on the dock. "Hope you don't mind- the party I was at just wasn't working out."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Nellie
Poking through the storage areas nearby, I found a large crate "Perfect!" I cheered, looking inside. There were a bunch of papers, but words were like randomly placed little sticks of ink to me. Dumping them out, I walked back to the party, grinning in triumph

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Alice: "Send my regrets to your parents, if by chance they know my family's name. And my sister is about," I glanced around for Violet and spotted her crouched by the window. My eyes widened, and I quickly tore my gaze away, simultaneously turning Simon so he couldn't see either. If he saw Violet it would be embarrassing, and it would be obvious she was related since we were twins. "Violet's her name, though I don't know where she went off to. And my parents are probably talking to the Hales - family friends."

Violet: "Just curious," I snatched another cake and held it tantalizing out of the boy's reach. Maybe I could bribe him into telling me things. "What are you doing here, at the party?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Simon
"If she is half as lovely as you, perhaps you should introduce us sometime in the future?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next