the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh there's no place like London...

4 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Oh there's no place like London... - Page 38 Empty Re: Oh there's no place like London...

Post by PavoLights Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:01 am

Edmund: "Canary, wait," I say as I reach out to take her arm. But suddenly, I feel Lucy take my other hand. I feel my face go beet red as she murmurs ,"Let her go. If she needs to think, she needs to think. We can always check the train station later." I take one last look at Canary before nodding begrudgingly. "I guess you're right..." I say. Suddenly, she takes my arm and gently pulls me towards her. "So walk with me," she murmurs as she leans her head on my shoulder. My heart practically spazzes in my chest.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Oh there's no place like London... - Page 38 Empty Re: Oh there's no place like London...

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:07 am

Isn't Lucy taller than sickly Edmund? XD that visual just made me laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:09 am

No, he's tall and skinny. She's the short one...
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:13 am

Oh okay, nevermind then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:14 am

Canary didn't look back. She just kept hurrying to nowhere in particular, her braid trailing behind as she swept from shadow to shadow. She found herself whistling a happy song as she went, until she found herself at the docks. She sank down and swung her legs over the water, and stared down at her reflection as it warped in rhythm to the rippling waves. The girl who stared back at her was lowly, sad and lonely. She couldn't compete. (maybe someone will see her or she'll run into someone?)
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:17 am

Lol. She needs a fairy godmother.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:19 am

Haha. Hey...that might actually be an idea! !nspired, I know you're creepin. Is Alice around? XD Maybe she can give Canary a makeover. Haha.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:22 am

Hehe, yes I am creeping...give her a makeover? XD we shall see.
Hang on and I'll post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:25 am

Alice realized she had dropped her hairpin, the one encrusted with priceless jewels (not a huge deal to a noble family) at the docks when she had been over there earlier with Simon (works perfectly!). She hurried back, and saw a girl sitting over by where she had left it. Alice sniffed, the girl was so poor looking. She tiptoed over, head held high, and said "Excuse me, but you didn't happen to see a hairpin, did you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:29 am

Canary: she looked up at the newcomer, slightly surprised. She thought she was there alone. "Um...no, I'm sorry," she said softly. She had barely noticed anything on her stroll there, she was so full of thoughts.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:33 am

Alice noticed something glittering in the moonlight, and smiled before crouching down to pick it up. She lost her balance, though, and went tumbling into the water. She only knew how to tread water, and had to bob up and down for air, her hand still clenched around the pin, and her white-blonded hair luminescent as she tried to stay afloat. "I don't know how to swim!" She wailed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:39 am

Canary gasped, and reached as far out as she could. "Grab my hand!" But she was too far out to reach. Canary braced herself. "Hold on, I'll be right there!" She dove into the water and nearly shrieked at how cold it was, but swam out and eventually got an arm around the sputtering girl. She strained to tug them both back to the dock, trying not to breath in seawater.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:42 am

Alice laid breathlessly on the dock, gorgeous even when in some pain (XD). Once she had caught her breath she smiled at the girl "Thank you so much!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:45 am

Canary was too breathless and cold to smile. She wrung out her braid. "Not a problem," she breathed. Her clothed wer soaked through. How she was going to explain this to her father was a tough question.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:51 am

"The Phillips family always thanks people who help them properly. Is there something I can do for you in return?" Alice asked. She had a speck of kindness in her heart, after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:56 am

Canary: she flitted a smile. "Thank you very kindly, but saving someone who's drowning is more of an obligation than a voluntary act. You don't have to repay me anything." She continued to wring out her braid, and then tried to get some of the water out of her skirts.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:03 am

"Are you sure? Because I know that when girls come to the docks in the middle of the night, there must be something they're thinking about," In Alice's case, it had been Simon's lips pressed against hers, but she wouldn't mention that. She had a feeling this girl had much different problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 am

Canary looked at her curiously, and then sighed. "There's just a boy." She placed her chin in her palm. Need she explain more?
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:09 am

"Oh, well I know plenty when it comes to boys," Alice gave Canary a conspiratorial smile. "What's the problem with him?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:14 am

Canary: "Well..." she frowned a little. "He likes someone else. He'll talk to me and I'll feel on top of the world, and then the next moment she walks in and I feel so...utterly invisible." Why was she telling this stranger these things? She's scarcely admitted them to herself. Whatever the reason, she knew that it felt good to tell someone.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:20 am

Alice couldn't relate to that at all - she never had time getting notice by boys. In fact, she could have easily been the person Canary was talking about, except, well, she wasn't. She thought for a moment. "Sounds like you need to catch his attention. Be more distracting than that other girl."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:23 am

Canary: her gaze flitted up to the girl again, expectantly. "Oh?"
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:27 am

"Sadly, I'd give you a makeover now, but all I have is this pin. Which, actually, I'll give to you now, but you should come over tomorrow and I can do more!" Alice said excitedly, she loved looks and fashion and jewelry, and well, anything that sparkled!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:29 am

Canary: "Really?" Her expression brightened.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:30 am

"Yes, really, but first -" Alice took a chunk of Canary's hair and pinned it back with the sparkling pin. She smiled satisfiedly (not a word, whatevs) "Already an improvement."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next