the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come hither for another charrie chat~

4 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Come hither for another charrie chat~ - Page 5 Empty Re: Come hither for another charrie chat~

Post by Black&White Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Q
"Can't i now?" I hold my hand out to him and snap, a flame rippled up then died. "You don't know a ton about vampires then. Blood carries a bunch of stuff. Memories, fears, someone's thoughts, and abilities."
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Come hither for another charrie chat~ - Page 5 Empty Re: Come hither for another charrie chat~

Post by Echo Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:22 pm

((BUTBUTBUT that doesn't work D:

She can't make or control fire if she isn't a fire type, for one thing. For another thing, the way the mechanics of the 'verse work, you must be a bonder before you can access bonder abilities. Otherwise, you wouldn't have sufficient energy.

Also, fire needs something to burn. You can't have fire without three things: oxygen, heat, and fuel. Oxygen is in the air, of course, and the bonder supplies the heat, but you can't actually make the fire without fuel. That's why Peter sets people on fire rather than shoots fire at them.

Also also, control isn't nearly as simple as that. There are shapes and patterns to energy, and the art of control is manipulating the shape and amount of energy to your advantage to do a multitude of different things. It's not just waving your arms and making a tidal wave; there's a big mental thing that goes on when you're doing it.

Please, I've put waaaaay too much thought into how everything works in my story for the rules to be so carelessly thrown aside ;-; What I'm explaining right now barely even covers it!

Now, that's not to say that Quincy can't do these things, because all creatures with souls (that's all self-aware life) are capable of it. It's just that you need to be taught first. And really, if you want, I could have Peter teach her. But pleasepleaseplease don't just violate hours of planning like they didn't happen D:

Humor me, will you? Have Quincy ask Peter how to do it if you want, but don't have her just do it. It makes me sad inside.))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:32 pm

...that was a giant what moment for me, but sure... *sigh* that's my book's world but w/e... T.T

Q
"Oh can't I?" I smirk over at him. "Blood carries a lot of things, mister. Memories, fears, someone's thoughts, and abilities are just a few. I bet you i can."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:49 pm

((Sorry, it's a lot that needs to be explained. I take up a good chunk of the book having one of the protagonists learn this stuff. It's not boring (I swear!) because it's in the midst of action/training/missions/fighting. A whole lecture right now would be a lot to swallow, though.

Damn it, go and make me feel bad now! D: Well, it still works with your book, too, because she already has these abilities. She didn't get them from Peter. All she needs to do now is unlock them. It just...it takes time.))

"Put it this way," I say, "you can't do them this very moment. I could teach you, though." I can feel my face growing darker as I say my next words. "You have to understand how huge a commitment it is if you want to learn. Not only would you become a bonder, but you would be in constant contact with your soul for the rest of your life. You'd never be the same. Also, being a bonder but not being associated with the Organization of Bonders--and this is just an assumtion here, but you don't seem to me like the type to take orders from people--puts you at huge risk of being captured and killed by the Sybek. Hell, I guess anyone's at risk of having shit happen because of the Sybek, but bonders especially. I need to tell you this before you decide whether or not you want the power that bonders use." Suddenly realizing, I turn to the girl with the scratch under her eye. I'm somewhat surprised that she hasn't run away in terror yet. "Sorry, I don't mean to leave you out of the conversation."
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:49 pm

bump...?
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:29 pm

((Blarg. Can't really go on at the moment, huh. I just didn't want to exclude her, 'cause that would be mean >_>))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:17 pm

hmm....this isn't making sense with my book now...

Quincy can only use an ability through them. So she may be the user, but it's Peter's energy that's being tapped into....
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:26 pm

((This is difficult. I guess problems like these come with character chats, huh?

The thing is, she has her own energy she can use. In my book, all self-aware beings have souls (it's what makes them self-aware). Bonders tap into the energy that circulates between them and their souls to do stuff. You officially become a bonder when you are able to see souls and talk to yours. Once that happens, the energy you have begins to grow. You can learn to use the energy, and the more you do it, more energy you get. It's like training your muscles, almost.

She'd be tapping into her own energy if she became a bonder. It would be impossible to use someone else's (although that would be rather interesting). Like I said (or did I say this? I thought I did) she can already do this anyway. She already has the ability; it's not something she got from Peter. All she needs to do is learn to use it.))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:39 pm

well, she's not self aware as you put it, so she can't have her own ability (yet...i think if i get what your saying), but she's aware of Peter's soul now so her ability stealing would still make sense with your story i suppose. She's just tapping into the energy between the two of them....(?)
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:41 pm

so she's /being/ a bonder, just not with her own soul
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:07 pm

((Yeah she's self-aware. She's capable of thought o_o When I say self-aware, I mean sentient. She thinks for herself, and she knows she exists. That's all it is. She doesn't need to be aware that she has a soul (and I think that's what you thought I meant).

There's no energy between her and Peter, but there's energy between Peter and Sesria, and there's energy between Quincy and her own soul.

How are we going to make this work? >_<

Also, here's the thing with types (and be warned, because there's some horrible puns coming up. I can't avoid them):

Fire types are just that--fiery. They can, if you'll excuse me, be hotheaded at times. They also tend to have rather hot tempers. They're very passionate, though, and they don't back down or give up on what they belive in. The shape of fire is a triangle.

Water types are calm, cool, and collected, and they tend to...go with the flow. They're pretty easy-going, and it takes a lot to really rile them up. The shape of water is a circle.

Wind types are light, airy people. They're spirited and fun, though they tend to have their heads in the clouds. They love to laugh, and are often the cheery ones when others are down. The shape of wind is a spiral.

Earth types are...grounded. They're humble, down-to-earth, and very stable. Often, though, they can be stubborn as rocks, refusing to comply with the other side. The shape of earth is a square.

Light types aren't as common as the other four. Light types are just...to sum it up in a word, "Yaaaaaaay!" They're bright and bubbly, even moreso than wind types. They laugh at even the most remotely funny things, and are rarely sad. The shape of light is a starburst.

So those are the five types. There are also subtypes, since nobody is really all one way (though some people are like that, however rare they may be). Your main type is the one you identify most with, and your subtype is your second closest one. Your control of your main type is the strongest, though you can control your subtype to some degree by changing the shape. It takes a lot of concentration, however. Also, your subtype can never be the opposite of your main type, so there's no fire/water or earth/wind. Light has no opposite.

Going off of that, you could pick what type Quincy is. Peter is fire/wind; he could teach her to do stuff even if she isn't either of those types, but he'd have a harder time with it since he can't actually do earth, water, or light.))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:14 pm

hm...i don't know.... :/ She's really random, party goer, thrill seeker, dare devil, who also has enough of a soft side to save Peter, offer him her place for the night.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:19 pm

((Hm...lesse... She sounds like wind/fire to me. Is there anything else you can say about her?))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:28 pm

hm...she doesn't want to exist as a vamp, leads to all the stupid stuff she does at times. but then she doesn't want to die either.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:45 pm

((This is kind of a tough one. But yeah, I think wind/fire fits her pretty well. Do you agree? She's your character, after all.))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:49 pm

i suppose that works
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:09 pm

winter, you can put your post in the other chat now Smile
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:12 pm

((Yay! Very Happy))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5