the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young Justice!

3 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Young Justice! - Page 20 Empty Re: Young Justice!

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Spades
Couldn't tell how close the real fire was. Couldn't tell which burns were actually there... or how lightheaded the real smoke was making me, how much it burned my throat as I choked...
Fact and memory were bound together now by the flames that had all but surrounded me- I think- and I was terrified of both.

The line of evil red and orange greedily lapped closer and closer to where I was sitting, but I was bound to my spot. I was vaguely aware of my name being called, and that gave me a moment of clarity... but even that was lost as I felt the back of my arm scorched in a flair of heat...

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Batgirl
Dick, how the heck did you do this? Save a villain who's been beating on you since you started being Robin. How did you always have such a different view of her than us?
Well, now I'm conflicted. Out of the times I've been beat on by her I haven't seen her this way. This couldn't be what he saw saving her though. She wasn't freaked about fire yet.
I take off my cape and cover her quickly, the flame retardant material protecting her. "On your feet, come on. Quicker we get out the quicker you dont have to deal with this." I grab her arm carefully, trying to get her up.
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Spades
Once the fire was out of my line of vision, and I heard a voice that wasn't... /his/... I finally snapped back to reality. Like waking up from a bad dream. My movements were a bit sluggish, a bit delayed, but I managed to get to my feet.

I couldn't keep the lingering pain out of my eyes, though, so I just tried to not look at Batgirl directly. The shaking started calming down, though...

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Batgirl
"Bats, got her," I murmur into the communicator. Immediate was out was that way, I remembered, but debrise blocked the way. I backtracked with her quickly, the way I came around the cells and through an office to the main entrance, stepping out with her. Bruce appears behind me, the usual shadow, moving to take Spades' weight from me. So...what... I'm the only logical one who remembers she wouldn't have hesitated to cut his throat? Yet the girl hes moving further away from the steps of the police stations is far from the girl with giggles... Awkwardly standing there a moment, I study her more in this light before moving of to get more reports on what happened from the police.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:26 pm

I though the scene was over... erm... *shrugs*

Spades
Head still hurt from the memories. Throat still burned from the smoke. But... my mind was slowly clearing as Batman helped me away from the building, and I was able to support more and more of my weight until I was nearly walking on my own. Stayed in silence, though, not sure what to say next... thank him? Apologize for botching the mission, and for going in on my own? Tell him about the new villain?

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Bats
I watch her quietly, guiding to the car. My shining moment, huh? One of those rare occassions the knowledge comes back to me and makes me bite my tongue... But it's not the place. Not the time either... Might never be the right time.
"Here." Quickly, I offer her an oxygen mask, watching her a moment. I know my gaze to be hard, however, troubled by the thoughts that were seeping through the walls I had built up against them. I know it effects my tone...
I am....sorry, Elizabeth...
Turning away, I walk quickly away to find the Commissioner.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:03 pm

*FLASHBACK*

Bruce

When you thought about it, it wasn't that odd that she ran away here. From the clown to the circus... Which sort of had me suspicious. Too much of a coincidence that I track her here, and I just had to be sure. She was around innocents here, so a Dark Knight appearance would not work if it turned out to be a hoax and she started attacking.

Therefore, I make my appearance as Bruce Wayne. A simple talk, to see her reasons for suddenly running and going into hiding. See if she's still playing crazy, though it was always so subtle I couldn't tell if it was an act around Joker or reality. Envy didn't reveal a lot about herself when we encountered before; I hoped I may figure out a bit about her with this visit. As a civilian, I was a bit more approachable than being the Batman.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Envy
I yawned slightly, the lazy Saturday afternoon dragging slowly on without a single soul coming to my tent since that morning. Where was everybody? Where were the superstitious willing to hand over a couple of bucks to hear about their future- or at least the skeptics looking for a laugh? I glanced down at the deck of cards laid out before me with a frown tugging at the corners of my lips. Maybe nobody was interested in my predictions, today. I sighed, propping my head on my hand. This was better than my last job, of course, but I didn't quit working for the Joker just so I could sit behind a table all day.

The smell of scented candles hung in the air- mainly lavender, which was my favorite, with a touch of vanilla. I watched their flames flicker for a moment before snapping my gaze over to the tent flap, willing for it to open. Then, as if the universe heard my silent irritation, a man stepped in. A glance at his face told me exactly who he was- after all, it was a face that had been plastered across the front page of newspapers more than a couple of times.

"Hello, Mr Wayne" I smiled, my green eyes shining "Have you come to see what my cards have to say about your future?" A hint of intuition, just a gnawing feeling that I had learned not to ignore, told me I had seen this man before, in person. I studied him for a moment, trying to remember when and where.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Bruce

I give a smile, returning the tent's flap to its resting position. "I wasn't sure if you were open or not," I say, standing in the room with my hands in my pockets as I look down at her. Familiar dark green eyes and brown waves of hair, beneath her long sleeves the well known tattoos of the Joker's most recently disappeared right hand girl. Many thought her dead, and I even mulled it over until the advertisement of the circus having another show coming in the mail.

"I'd like my cards read, sure," I say in response to her question, sitting across from her at her desk. "Thank you, Miss..." Leaving the sentence open, to see if she was going by some other persona or not.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Envy
The feeling grew stronger, from a gnaw to a more demanding tug. "Envy. Last names are so impersonal... may I call you Bruce?" I asked, scooping the cards into the palm of my hand and shuffling them thoroughly. Then I set the deck onto the table again and drew a single card from the top, flipping it face side up and sliding it over to him

"Ace of hearts... it means that you're about to find a new love" I tapped the heart in the center of the card, my smile turning mischievous "And for a big important man like you, that'll probably make quite a news story for the tabloids, hmm?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Bruce

My smile widens slightly, but I keep my face relatively passive as I lean back in the chair and rest my chin on my hand. "I don't believe the title of 'Gotham's Biggest Bachelor' is going anywhere anytime soon, Envy. Sorry to disappoint you and Vicky Vale," I tease lightly, eying the card her finger rested on. Though I knew that her intuition and cards are what made her useful for Joker, and they shouldn't be underestimated.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Envy:
I laughed, studying him for a second time as I picked up the ace again and returned it to the pile. "Pity, I'm sure there would be hundreds of girls in Gotham that would be happy to fulfill your ace of hearts"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Bruce

I lean forward slightly, smile turning mischievous like hers had. "Only one?" I ask, gesturing to the stack of cards. "You're very confident in your readings then, aren't you?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Envy
"I am... though if you'd like some more cards read, I'd be happy to oblige" I winked, glancing down at the deck "Though I'm afraid it'll cost you extra. Think you could spare another half dollar or so?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Bruce

"Money is hardly an issue..." I pause, glancing up at her again. My look is serious, though I still have my charming smile. "...but so impersonal," I say, sitting back in the chair once again and waving the fact away dismissively. "Would you allow me to take you out to dinner some time?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:38 pm

Envy
That took me off guard. Suddenly I suspected that this might not just be a casual reading... Mr Wayne seemed to have some ulterior motive, and I also had a feeling it was more serious than a date. Perhaps it had something to do with whatever time I had previously met him...

I felt myself become slightly more guarded, though my smile stayed "Dinner in exchange for extra fortune telling? You drive a hard bargain"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Bruce

"I am a businessman. It's sort of what I do," I joke lightly, keeping my polite attitude. Waiting patiently for a reply of some sort, keeping my eyes on her face. She was pretty, really, when she wasn't trying to kill someone or blow up some building... Sort of a natural beauty. "And I'm afraid it's a one time deal. A take it or leave it agreement, if you will. A very limited time chance..."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Envy
"Hmm, I suppose it is..." I said, tilting my head slightly "When would you planning for dinner, exactly? I'm free for most of tomorrow, and then again on Tuesday... or, if you're more of a 'here and now' sort of guy, I was planning on closing the tent up for the afternoon in about... oh, thirty minutes" The smile returned to my face

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Bruce

"Then my car will be here at five?" I propose in response to the last, leaning over to take a card randomly, not looking at it but showing her. Carefully, to put it lightly. I know the burn of their cuts, if they are not a standard deck but instead her cards.
"What is the lady's fortune for tonight?" I ask with a slight chuckle.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Envy
I looked away from his face and towards the card in his hand, the smile I had been wearing slowly sliding into a frown "Another ace..." I murmured, slightly quiet now, gently taking the card from him and sliding it back into the deck "Spades, in fact"
He didn't have my power, obviously, but something about it was deeply... foreboding. I attempted another smile and tried to shrug it off "Dinner at five sounds lovely"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Bruce

I pause seeing her face fall slightly. I know what it means. The Death Card has it's bloody past, certainly. "Nothing that severe will happen tonight, I assure you," I say as I rise from the chair.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:41 pm

Envy:
"Let's hope not" I say, my voice slightly distant but my smile going back to teasing "Dying would probably ruin the evening, and since this is the first time I will have ever gone out with a multibillionaire, it would be a shame to end it on a sour note like that"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Bruce

"Very true, very true," I nod. I stay put though, worried...? She brushes off the threat of death so easily... "At five then." But still, I put the appropriate payment that the sign outside stated on her desk with a smile. "See you then."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Envy:
I chuckle, looking at the money on the desk "See you then, Bruce" I affirm, then glancing down again at the ace of spades in my deck.
Being childish, I decided. There was nothing real to worry about, no actual threat... just a card that somebody without any psychic powers happened to draw... and for once, I ignored my intuition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Bruce

Leaving and getting into the car, my thoughts whirling. No unexpected attempts upon visitors, as might have been Joker's plan. What would be the point of sending her to the circus after such a long time of hiding her away...? Was it honest; had she truly ran from him?
Three hours at the company go by relatively quickly with my thoughts occupied with something. At four, I go back to the manor to change, four thirty, I head back to see her again.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next