the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Till Death Do Us Part..

2 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Till Death Do Us Part.. - Page 26 Empty Re: Till Death Do Us Part..

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:42 pm

"Daddy! Dad! Come quick there's something wrong with Sarah! Some strang th-" Mark stared at the lifeless body of his parents on the bed, his body trembling. He could hear the heavy footsteps, Brendon's spirit running towards him.
"Run Mark! Hurry! Before they catch us!"
"Bren!"
"Don't ask questions just go!" They ran as fast as they could, but Mark tripped, the creature looming over him.

Mark shook his head, blinking furiously to keep the tears back. He stood, shoving his hands deep intp his pockets as he walked down the hallway and outside to the front lawn and stood there, taking a deep breath.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Artemis spotted mark outside and shifted her attention to him, feeling curious and nosy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Mark stared up at the sky, trying to keep the memories at bay, but even the deep breaths didn't help.
Mark screamed as he was ripped from his body, the creature laughing, the sound was like nails on a chalk board. Before the creature could get hold of him again, he ran into Brendon's room where he was waiting, his eyes wide as he saw his bother was a spirit too. "come on!" Mark said, pulling im into the door in the wall, shutting it tight. There was screams of anger, ones that sounded like dying piglets. The boys shuddered, no longer having their warm bodies to protect them from the damp room. They could hear Sara screaming as they rode away on their horses, what she was screaming they couldn't make out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:56 pm

he looked troubled. Artemis didn't like that. She slipped on a over coat and made her way down, still giving him his space as she stood behind him, not sure if she should approach or not

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Mark took another deep breath, blinking furiously. He turned to look at the house. He looked at her, shock floating across his face before his gaze returned to the house. "You know, this is where I grew up?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Artemis's face filled with understanding "it, it was?" she squeaked, moving in to take his hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Mark nodded as he stared at the house, holding her hand tight. "Same amount of land, same fence, same house." He murmered. He showed her the memories that had just hurassed his mind. Everything looking exactly the same then, as they did now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Artemis forgot herself and pulled him into a hug "I am so sorry. are you.. are you okay?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Mark held her close and gave a small nod. "Yes...just can't escape it it seems." His eyes remained on the house. He would be able to stay in it in a few days, but the initial welcome home the place always seemed to give him, never failed in making him uneasy. Making him hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:26 pm

"we don't have to stay" Artemis chirped, hesitantly stroking his back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Mark shook his head and sighed. "At least until we talk to Brendon." His eyes not leaving the house. "Then we can leave..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:31 pm

"where we off to now?" Artemis asked, following his gaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Mark frowned slightly as he racked his mind for another one of his hideouts. "Wherever you want." He finally said, figuring it didn't matter where they went. He could afford to lodge them. He still didn't want to speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:47 pm

Artemis fell silent and hugged him tighter "you okay?", she continued to rub his back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:50 pm

Mark hugged her, kissing her forehead. "Ya..I just think I'll keep watch out here for the night." He'd been in the house long enough for one day. It would be better tomarrow. He would probably be able to stay in the kitchen tomarrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:41 am

Artemis pulled him down to the ground, sitting cross legged "I'll stay with you" she gave him a small smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:48 am

Mark gave her a small smile as he sat down next to her, his legs streaching out infront of him, holding himself up with his arms. "The stars are beautiful."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:54 am

Artemis looked up and nodded, "they are" she laid back and stared at them "why do you come here then?" she whispered "if it brings you pain?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:17 am

Mark laid back on the ground next to her, putting his hands behind his head as he stared up at the sky. "That is a great question." He murmered as his eyes searched the heavens as if it would offer up some answer to her question. "Mostly for Brendon. He isn't as bad about the house as I am. That and I keep it out of spite for the land owners 'round about that have been trying to buy this place from me for forever." He gave a slight smirk. "And there are good memories here too...somewhere...It just takes me a few days to get adjusted to it. Get past the initial memories. It's like...it's like me touching you. It takes you a bit to get past all the bad memories, and then you relax knowing it's not like that anymore."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:30 am

Artemis flinched and nodded, understanding. she turned so she was facing him and studied his face "most people would kill for immortality, but not you" she noted, searching his face for an explanation "why?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:41 am

Mark took a deep breath and looked over at her. "It's a cold, lonely existance when it's only you and you have no companion." He looked back up at the sky, his voice quiet. "When I was a boy, before the searchers even found us, I use to dream of owning my Father's farm. Raising a family on it. Building a name for myself. Those dreams came crashing down the day I turned nineteen. Then twenty. Each year I looked in the mirror, waiting for the grey hair, the bald spots, the wrinkles. Nothing. Just an eightteen year old boy with a forty year old soul. At first I was exstatic...then I watched as friends, family, all of them died before I did. I have out lived my family line. Brendon and I are the only children left of our parents, and we can't even have families to continue the line. We are the last of the last."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:44 am

Artemis frowned, taking in his words. there was reason in them. it made her sad. she hated the thought of his loneliness. she broke away from his gaze and stared up at the sky, being closed off "and what of me?" she whispered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:49 am

Mark looked over at her curiously. "What of you?" He repeated and then looked up at the sky. "I will hold to you as long as I can, Artemis. Love is not measured by time. Out of the hundred some odd years I have wandered this earth, I have yet to have found someone that I care for as much as I care for you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:56 am

"I will die one day" artemis stated, staring at the stars "you know that, right? what then?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:59 am

Mark gave a small, sad smile. "You will have moved on from me by then. I promise you that. One day, during our long travels, you will find a boy who will age with you and who is everything you've dreamed and more. And he will sweep you off your feet and to a new adventure." His eyes didn't leave the stars, keeping the pain of the thoughts to himself. "And the day you die, I will be watching over you, waiting to lead your spirit to the gate. I will attend your funeral. And I will wander as I have done and always will do." He couldn't help the tear that escaped the corner of his eye as the scene unfolded in his mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next