the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybrook Prep

2 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Maybrook Prep - Page 30 Empty Re: Maybrook Prep

Post by Weasley.Is.Our.King Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Mr. Historianteacherman: "If you must..."

Jude: I quickly ran a hand through my hair and sank lower in the seat. "I can quite honestly say I was not paying attention..." I said, feeling slightly guilty.

Quinn: I rolled my eyes at Jude. "We need to make a presentation that descirbes the 18th and 19th amendment. Including when it was ratified, what it allowed and 'how it afftected the American society...'" How had i remembered all that?
Weasley.Is.Our.King
Weasley.Is.Our.King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Iliana: "The 19th amendment gave women the right to vote, and was ratified on August 18th, 1920. The 18th amendment banned transportation on alcohol, and was ratified on January 16th, 1919." I had said the two out of order, because womens' rights were more important to me than anything about alcohol. I was surprised Quinn had remembered information off the top of his head, too. He didn't seem like the brainy type, although he was in AP History. Jude most definitely could never store all of that in his head. I glanced over at him ((meaning Jude)). "Have anything to add?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasley.Is.Our.King Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Jude: I grinned at her. "Nope."

Quinn: "Um. Yes," I said, butting in. "We need to specify the types of transportation of alcohol, meaning they weren't allowed to sell, produce, or import any forms of alcohol. Smart... Also women were given more educational opportunities and job offers more after the 19th amendment, and they weren't forced to get married if they hoped to survive in a twisted time like 1900s...." oh man. I guess i got more than i thought. Well, it mde sense... i had aced all my tests so far...
Weasley.Is.Our.King
Weasley.Is.Our.King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Iliana: I rolled my eyes. "Well, obviously. I just assumed we all knew that stuff..." I glanced at Jude, knowing he probably didn't. "We're supposed to have a visual, too. We could do a power point, or a poster...?" I left the sentence open for them to add ideas, or pick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasley.Is.Our.King Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:32 pm

Quinn: "Poster's good." I said, nodding. I could put my art skills to the test. I ignored her statement about us knowing... Sorry for trying to show i'm not some stupid no-brained kid! "If you don't mind, I'd like to create the visual."

Jude: "I'll research and stuff like that..." I usually bombed in history, I mean, i did my homework and got a's on tests and perfect scores on projects, but it was the BEGINNING part where I sort of... plopped. But i always carried out in the end.
Weasley.Is.Our.King
Weasley.Is.Our.King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Iliana: "Considering I suck in the creativity department - I'll help you, Jude." Also, I doubted he could find all the information we needed by himself. I got up and went over to the computers on the far wall. Books were too time-consuming for research. And besides, this was the 21st century.

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasley.Is.Our.King Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:45 pm

Quinn: They walked off, leaving me to myself. Good. I grabbed a large sheet of paper and rook out my pencil, and began sketcing a scene: a woman entering her vote for president at the voting box. Pretty good. I added more detail, hair, words on the card, a face, and began coloring it. Crap... i gave the woman Skylar's hair. I quickly colored over it with the colored pencil, and it actually looked better. So 19th amendment was finished...

Jude: "This is easy," i said, highlighting an article and citing it on the word processor. I quickly typed up some fluff and showed it to Iliana for approval.
Weasley.Is.Our.King
Weasley.Is.Our.King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Iliana: "Yeah, that's good..." I didn't even bother looking at what Jude had found. If he stumbled upon something worthwhile, then great. But I knew I'd have to carry most of the research, so I couldn't waste my time reading through something Jude wrote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasley.Is.Our.King Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:25 pm

Jude: "Cool...." I said, even though I knew she hadn't looked. Sometimes I felt like Iliana underestimated my intelligence... I was in AP classes only, after all. Which meant I was smart!

Quinn: I was nearly done, so I decided to let Jude and Iliana take a look, see if they had any input. Pretty good. The art teacher always said I had a special talent, something I should embrace and consider for my future. I went over to them. "Im only halwayf there... Whaddya think?
Weasley.Is.Our.King
Weasley.Is.Our.King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Iliana: I looked up at Quinn's poster so far and nodded with a smile. "Looks great. How long do you think it'll take to finish?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasley.Is.Our.King Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Quinn: I checked the clock and shrugged. "Bout another 15? What about you guys?" I saw Jude get up and leave; probably getting some papers he printed. I took his spot next to Iliana. "How much info've you got?"
Weasley.Is.Our.King
Weasley.Is.Our.King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Iliana: "I'm still working, but Jude typed something up. Hey, Jude! Show Quinn what you have so far." I wondered why Jude had randomly gotten up. He had literally just printed something, so he couldn't have been going to the printer. Weird...

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasley.Is.Our.King Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Jude: I walked back a minute later, holding the pages I had printed. "Nice poster," I said, raising my eyebrows. This guy was amazing at art... "Here," I said, handing him my papers.

Quinn: I skimmed over it. "You forgot the ratification date..." I muttered after going over it. "Wait, no..... I found it. Yeah, it's good."
Weasley.Is.Our.King
Weasley.Is.Our.King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Iliana: "Really?!" I realized that sounded mean, and quickly tried to cover up. "I mean, I didn't get to read it, lemme see." I took the paper from Quinn. Jude hadn't done all that bad...I smiled at him. "Nice job."

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasley.Is.Our.King Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Jude: "You underestimate me too much," I said, grinning. "How about you? Are you almost done?"

Quinn: I walked away and began finishing the poster. It's awkward being someone hanging around a couple. Especially when you just got out of a crazy.... extremely serious one....
Weasley.Is.Our.King
Weasley.Is.Our.King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Iliana: "Huh, maybe I do (underestimate Jude)." I said distractedly, then turned back to the computer with a sigh. "Not that great, you got the easier amendment. I like mine better, though. Women's rights." I smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasley.Is.Our.King Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Jude: "Of course you do. Feminist..." I said the last word quietly before laughing. "Need help?"

Quinn: For the 18th amendment I drew the Grim Reaper holding a beer bottle, with protesters surrounding him. To show that alcohol was viewed as wrong and evil. I made most of the protesters women, as they were the greater forces in the amendment.
Weasley.Is.Our.King
Weasley.Is.Our.King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Iliana: I rolled my eyes. "I'm not a feminist, but I don't like cracks about sewing being for girls, either..." I sighed, only finding a wiki page ((ha, yeah right. when you google the 19th amendment there's gazillion pages)). We weren't allowed to use wikipedia, because it was supposedly 'not trustable', since anyone could post on it. "Yeah, see if you can find anything."

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasley.Is.Our.King Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Quinn: I finished after shading in the Reaper. It looked cartoonish, which was what I was aiming for. He was chugging a green beer bottle, his skeletal hand floating in air out of his long black sleeve.

Jude: "I think Quinn's done," I said, watching him roll up the poster. "And I found enough, thank you!" I laughed and sat next to her. "Go to Ask.com"
Weasley.Is.Our.King
Weasley.Is.Our.King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:16 pm

Iliana: I put my elbow on the table, and put my chin on my hand. I was bored with this project, which was unusual. I was typically good about just getting projects over with. I sighed. "Okay..." I typed in Ask.com and then 19th amendment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasley.Is.Our.King Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Jude: "That one," I pointed to an article. "It sounds helpful."
Weasley.Is.Our.King
Weasley.Is.Our.King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Iliana: "O-kay" I pulled out the word, finding that entertaining in my state of pure boredom. The article was filled with information which I quickly scanned, summarized in a word document, and printed. "Thanks, Jude." I stood up and went to the printer to wait for my paper to pop out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasley.Is.Our.King Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:30 pm

Quinn: "Well I finished. You guys?" I muttered, waving my poster in my hand. Iliana had left to print out her paper.

Jude: "Yeah, I think we're done. I guess we have 15 minutes of chilling."
Weasley.Is.Our.King
Weasley.Is.Our.King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Iliana: "Done." I picked up Jude's paper and stacked mine on top. "Is the writing supposed to go on the poster, or do we read from this?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Weasley.Is.Our.King Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:42 pm

Quinn: "Either. I think we should do the second one, I er... Didn't really leave much room for anything else..." I unrolled the poster and showed them that my pictures took up most of the space.
Weasley.Is.Our.King
Weasley.Is.Our.King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next