the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of the Fay

+3
Purple Dragon
Rebel Wolf
Bells
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The World of the Fay Empty The World of the Fay

Post by Bells Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:00 am

We all died young.

Maybe you were sick, abused, got in an accident. No matter what happened, the end result?

Death.

When we died we didn't move on. Instead we found ourselves in the dark, something so black that at first many think they ended up in Hell. We were wrong.

We had been chosen for a second chance. In the world of Fay live others like us. Ones who died young, who never had a chance to be as they could have been. The catch? We become Fay.

Winged creatures, inhabiting a world where everything is ten times it is here. Flowers are trees, trees as tall as mountains. Each Fay has a set of runes covering their skin, the color of the runes unique to them, and matching the runes on their wings. Wings are like what you imagine on fairies, like butterfly wings.

These designs on our skin used to glow, that was before the Dark Ages. That was when new Fay were born every day. It has been 358 years since then. None have shown for that time.

The White Lady having disappeared, power taken by her sister. The Dark Lady. Fear is there, just beneath the surface of the community where everyone one seems happy.

What will happen when we all have passed? When The Dark Lady grows bored with her toys and turns her eyes to bigger groups of Fay?

Then the unthinkable happens. New Fay arrive.. we have hope.
what will happen?

Well, thats up to you now isn't it?

Name:
New or old:(I request you keep in mind that their are lots more new than lolz. Please only make one at first, this is subject to change debenfin on how many join. Only ten new will be allowed in all.)
Looks:
Rune Color:
Ability?: *please keep them simple if you chose to give one*

Last edited by Bells on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The World of the Fay Empty Re: The World of the Fay

Post by Bells Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:49 am

More important information.

Soulmates

For the Fay your soulmate is the one who makes your light glow. They're your perfect match, wither you agree with that at the time or not. Older Fay will see their lights glow once again when they come in contact with their soulmate, like..touch their hand or anything like that. It has to be skin, you can't just touch their clothing and glow. New Fay will see their lights get brighter than ever before, it can sometimes be almost blinding to those looking on depending on the strength of the soulbond.

★Soulbond - The connection between Soulmates. If attended by a matchmaker it can become a mental link between minds.

★Matchmaker - Those with the ability to strengthen the bond between mates, can not make the bonds without black magic. They're highly respected.

★Black Magic - Can be performed by those who have been touched by TDL's power. Is a struggle to resist using once aquired. Also enables her to control you easier each time it is used. (BTW, I will only use this for the chat. It is just..hard to completely explain so I didn't want to use it in the chatbox)

Lights.

Lights are a big deal to the Fay. The color could set you towards you're calling, the strength show how strong of a Fay you are. Each Fay's color is different in some way. After a few years the light will fade till it stops completely, it has been this way since the Dark Ages began. New Fay's lights are very bright.

★The Dark Ages - The period of time when TDL has control and the White Lady is missing. No Fay have been born till now, lights fade.

‡Callings - I will provide more information about there when needed.

ONLY ONE MORE INFORMATION POST TILL I GOT IT ALL.

Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:10 am

More Important Stuffs.

The Birthing stones.

This is the waking place of all the Fay. It consists of a large meadow that never recieves the darkness of dusk time. Ten large stones lay in a circle, a hundred feet between each of them. The stone is smooth and bowled, most waking up curled into a ball in the center of the bowl. It used to be watched by a Stonekeeper, but now he only comes by once a month to clean the stones.

★Dusk Time - The short time when the sky is empty, the two suns being down at the same time. Takes place once every Month towards the end.

★Stonekeeper - Used to watch over the new Fay and wait for them to awake. Now just takes care of the site.

Strength

Some Fay are so strong in this new life that their color is everywhere, in their hair, changing the color of their eyes. These particular Fay have a chance at developing an ability over a certain thing. Such as the matchmaker and the bonds. Or a flowertender and the roses.

<3 OKAY. I LIED. THERE WILL BE MORE...BUT NOT RIGHT NOW. ENJOY!
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:25 am

Name: Pepper
How you died: Pepper, whose real name was Tira, died in a car accident. The car had been caught in a storm and sent off a bridge into a deep river where she drowned because she couldn’t unbuckle her belt.
New or old: Old
Looks: The World of the Fay Fairie-moon
Rune Color: Silvery blue
Ability?: none

Name: Gage
How you died: Gage over dosed when he was alive on Earth. He doesn’t ever talk about why, or how. All I know is that he over dosed.
Looks: The World of the Fay Anime-guy--large-msg-117068544908
Rune Color: Gold
Ability?: Healer. He can heal minor wounds, though he usually uses his powers on the landscape, being able to heal plants better than his own kind.

Name: Kipper
How you died: He died doing a stupid stunt that broke his neck
New or old: Old-ish
Looks: The World of the Fay Jet-avatar-jet-24332214-275-183
Rune Color: Bright green

Last edited by Taylow on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:37 am

Name:Willow
How you died:Was killed by her boyfriend when he was drunk.
New or old:(I request you keep in mind that their are lots more new than lolz. Please only make one at first, this is subject to change debenfin on how many join. Only ten new will be allowed in all.)
New
Looks:
The World of the Fay Thumbn21
Rune Color:Purple
Ability?: *please keep them simple if you chose to give one*
Can speak to animals. Had always been a big animal lover.

Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dragon Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Name: Lilly
How you died: She got attacked by a shark when swimming with her boyfriend, so it extremely afraid of water.
New or old: old
Looks: The World of the Fay Anime-fairy-girl
Rune Color: Pink
Ability?: Can control plants, but only little ones.

Name: Xuro
How you died: It was a dare to jump off a bridge into the water. He missed the water.
New or old: New
Looks: The World of the Fay Boy+fairy
Rune Color: light blue

Last edited by Purple Dragon on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Name: Chelsea
How you died: murdered
New or old: new
Looks: short, straight blonde hair with blue-purplish eyes. On the shorter side, with fair skin and slight freckles across her nose. Halter top and jean shorts. Isn't a fan of dresses
Wings - The World of the Fay Green-10
Rune Color: pale green
Ability?: able to read and slightly control fears

Name: Latimier
How you died: house fire
New or old: old...ish
Looks: black hair, cut in lotsa layers that makes it look slightly messy. dark blue-gray eyes. Medium built. Long sleeved dark blue shirt and black jeans
wings - The World of the Fay Stock-10
Rune Color: blood red

Last edited by Black&White on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Name: Foster
How you died: Was murdered by his father
New or old:Old
Looks: The World of the Fay Guy
Rune Color: White
Ability?: epathic (can feel the emotions of others, only those he is close too)

Name: Musck (pronounced: Musk)
How you died: Beat to death by boyfriend
Looks:The World of the Fay 093722578deae0_full
Rune Color: Dark Midnight Blue
Ability: None

Last edited by ShaneColton on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Oh wow, awesome amount of people. All your charries look awesome but I just want to point something out... *sheepishly points* No Fay before now have been born for 358 years, I probably should have made that clearer. So the older Fay would have to be at least that old. Sorry bout that. Very Happy
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:13 pm

(Now I can make my male charrie. ^^ Sorry didn't before, got dragged out of the house.)
Name:Gabriel
How you died:cancer
old
Looks:
The World of the Fay Delete14
Rune Color:bronze
Ability?: *please keep them simple if you chose to give one* None

Last edited by J. Wolfe on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:48 pm

we gonna start?
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:48 pm

((Okay, I'm going ahead and making the first post but I would ask most of you once again to look at the age of your charries. The old Fay must me 358 years at least. And thank you BW for fixing that.))
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:54 pm

*salutes* no problem
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Name: Astrina
How you died: Mysterious disease, doctors couldn't figure it out.
New or old: New
Looks:The World of the Fay Butterfly_wings_concept_tattoo_by_ang3ll
She's blonde with pastel pink strands through her hair. Looks like someone recovering from being really sick.
Rune Color: pastel pink
Ability?: You can't lie around her. If you try then the words just don't come out.

Name: Aeric
How you died: He couldn't swim and got knocked off the boat during a storm.
New or old: old
Looks: He has black hair, rubyish colored eyes. and his wings are black with a tear in them from the left wing crosswards downish.. *is lacking her words*
Rune Color: ruby
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:58 pm

:O I SO WANNA JOIN THIS! Is there still room?
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:30 pm

(Smile yes there is.))

Astrina -

The first thing I noticed was the absence of pain.

I mean, when you live with it for so long, you grow used to the constant ache. But there was nothing at all. A slight discomfort of something digging into my back, but that wasn't anything like the pain from before the dark.

The dark. I remembered something from that. A...voice coming from a light so bright I felt for sure I'd go blind. A women..she told me something. What I couldn't remember.

Maybe I should make sure I wasn't really blind. That sounded like a good plan. Sitting up I felt the pressure on my back disappear and opened my eyes.

For a moment I couldn't believe want I saw. The smooth surface below me was a rock, shaped like a bowl a lined with some kind of soft fuzzy junk. Outside my little bed thing was a field, the grass reaching up to the edge of my rock in blades that were probably as big as me. The field ran almost as far as I could see, trees on the edge of my vision.

But the most striking thing was the other rocks, nine of them to be exact. Each holding a person like me. The only difference as far as I could tell?

They had wings.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:43 pm

Aeric. -

So I'd gotten kicked out of another council meeting. Big. Freaking. Deal.

When the only reason they let me attend was because of my wings I don't think it mattered anyways. The voice of the Fay. I scowled, fluttering my wings for a moment before starting slowly towards my house.

BAH! Voice of the Fay my ass. More like an easy way to keep me in line without me being able to perform my calling. My scowl deepened as I neared my cabin in the woods near the Birthing Stones.

Let them mutter about me behind my back, spew curses and such. I wouldn't sit there and listen to them talk about who was to be sent into the service of the Dark Lady. Crap. All of it.

They should be planning how to get rid of her! Not going over how to please her. Useless and spineless. That's what the council had become. I wasn't taking anymore of it. Not even if it meant I would have to stay out here. I wasn't going to help with...that.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:43 am

Pepper-

"Aeric!" I called, chasing after him. Why was he so fast? I picked up my dress, trying my hardest to catch him. "Damnit! SLOW DOWN!" I saw his wings flutter and I couldn't help but frown. Was he ignoring me? I was so going to kick his little Fay butt if he was. The meeting hadn't exactly gone great, but seeing as how we were some of the oldest fairies, we had to be there. It was required. Not that I wanted to be there. It was a nice night, I would have preferred to be dancing in the moonlight. But no. Here I was chasing down the cripple.

Gage-

Boredom. Pure boredom. The council meeting seemed to drag on forever and all I could do was wonder when I was going to get out of there. There was no point sitting around and talking about what was wrong. We actually had to do something about it if anything was to be done. Still...firstlings...new Fay were foretold to come. My curiosity was getting the better of me. When Pepper left, I saw no point in staying myself. So, without hesitation I slipped out the door and made my way to the birthing rocks. I had to know.

Kipper-

"OI! Hands off!" I yelled as I struggled against the Fay that were dragging me away from the mushroom patch. I wasn't going to do anything bad. I was just sniffing them! I swear, sometimes they over react way to much. My head felt a little lighter though, and a very unmanly burst of giggles erupted from some form that I realized to be my own. Maybe I had sniffed them a little to long....what could I say? I was a smell whore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dragon Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:13 am

Lilly

I followed the other fairies out of the room, my wings fluttering in excitement. New fays! About time. This place seemed boring at times, and adding some new people could definitely spice things up.
I smiled fiercely to myself and took off, adrenaline rushing through my body and my delicate wings desperate to flex themselves after being cooped up in the meeting room.

Time to meet some newbies.

Xuro

Pain.

That's all I could think about, as my body failed me. Rushing, wrenching pain, a pain that felt like no other pain I have ever experienced, even when I broke my leg that one time. A pain that seemed to shatter every cell in my body, a pain that took away my breath, my control, my very soul.

Then, suddenly, the pain was...gone. Vanished. And I woke up.

I grunted and slowly lifted my heavy eyelids, too see...grass. Really tall grass, about the same size as me, even bigger. I rubbed my head and saw others waking around me, but I was too out of it to study them. We seemed to be resting in fuzzy green rocks, in a small field or meadow.

Just like that, the life-taking pain was gone. Was it all just a dream? I honestly had no clue.

Then I sat up, suddenly realizing there was something...attached to my back. I glanced back and my jaw went slack, dropping in a silent gasp of wonder. Wings. I had wings. Light blue, beautiful, butterfly-like wings. This...this probably is a dream after all.

Last edited by Purple Dragon on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:00 pm

Latimier
Councils and meetings were for those that were discouraged and hopeless about the times. Did they not hear then? New Fay were prophecized, and I wouldn't miss their coming for the world. I had been one of the last to come to this place before the Dark Lady came. It would be nice not to be jested at for being the youngest in a group anymore.
I sit on a leaf, leaning against the stem of a sunflower a little ways away from the Birthing Stones to wait and watch them wake up, ten in all.
Slight noises, and I look back to see some others coming. I motion to them to catch their attentions, signal to be quiet. Some hadn't woken up yet. We wouldn't want to give them too much of a shock...

Chelsea
'Father, don't.'
'You've drunken too much again, you should rest...'
The usual bruise. Sometimes a cut. Bangs and scraps.
But this time... More violent. More hurtful.
And I'm more scared than I've ever been in my life.
'Don't please! Father -'
I sit up sharply, breathing ragged, small whimpers escaping me. Goose bumps send shivers through me from the dream, even though it was perfectly warm out in the sun. In the....sun...
I didn't fall asleep outside. I didn't fall asleep, period. Where...where...then...
I blink against the light, no shade to shelter my eyes from the sting of suddenly going from black to bright. Softly, a breeze carries the scent of wild flowers, grass, dirt, and moisture through the meadow. Blue skies and green, green grass. Bright spots of flowers in nearly every shade.
I look around carefully, taking in the details. Until I notice a boy across from me, glancing around perplexed as well. Well, it wasn't so much the boy that made me stop. It was the detail he just noticed - vibrant light blue wings. Markings over his skin the same color as well.
Still in a dream. I look about again and spot a girl, also having wings with pink swirls, curls of color over her body as well.
I try sitting up, but perhaps too sharply. A sudden prick to my back makes me wince. Pulled a muscle maybe, or one of Father's bruises I hadn't noticed earlier... or...
Wings. Three sets, perfectly symmetrical, a beautiful pale green starting almost opaque but for the veins on the forewings and steadily darkening to a solid color by the hindwings, a darker stripe along the bottom.
Carefully sitting up again, cautious not to pull on any of them to avoid anymore pains.
Not a dream.
You couldn't feel pain in dreams.
I /really/ had wings.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:38 pm

Name: Airlia
How you died: Committed suicide, but wont ever say why or how.
Looks: The World of the Fay Dark-faery-6058585bd (sans the facial tattoo thing)
Rune Color: Very dark, smoky black.
Ability?: Can sometimes turn invisible for short periods of time, tends to go haywire with her moods and either occur suddenly or short out and not work when she wants it to.

Name: Sterling
How you died: Terminal illness
Looks: The World of the Fay GuyAngel3
Rune Color: Pale silver-blue
Ability?: N/A

Lemme know if anything needs changing!
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:24 pm

~~Foster~~

I sat up, my heart racing and my breath caught in my chest. What was happening? The pain..He had shot me. In my mind, I could still feel the pain of the bullet that had struck my face. I reached up and touched it, not finding anything but smooth skin. It was then that I noticed what I was wearing, or the lack thereof. I had had white pants on but no shirt was to be seen. And then I felt them. The wings that now adorned my back. It took awhile to get used but now, several hundred years later, I have. I, Foster Marx, have been a fay ever since I was killed. Yes, i still look human, I just happen to be very very small and now I have wings. My hair is completely snow white, but it looks good so I don't mind it.

I was bored of sitting at home, so I flew out my door to the nearest mushroom. I alighted on top and sat staring over the flowers and grass, just having time to think. I hadn't met anyone new for a while, and was wondering if there would be anymore or not.

~~Musck~~

I gasped for air and struggle to get away from him. Tripping as the baseball bat came down on my head, I was knocked into the blackness. What felt like only moments later, I awoke on the ground feeling as if nothing had happened. Before sitting up I looked around. Everything was...huge. Next to me was a flower and it looked as big as a tree. Trying to figure out what was going on, I sat up and was shocked to feel something that was seemingly attached to my back. I looked over my shoulder and screamed when I saw the wings they were now attached. I stood up and reached around, trying to pull them off but screamed again at the pain. Letting go, I blinked and looked down at what i was wearing. I was in some sort of short blue dress. I mean, I looked like a freaking fairy!

ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:05 pm

Airlia: There was an interesting rumor circulating..... some were saying that new fay had arrived.Perhaps there would be new people to meet now.... unfortunately, this rumor was distracting me from my painting. Sterling sat nearby, quiet, unmoving, his distant golden gaze locked on something far away it seemed only he could see. Lost in thought, as usual. I went back to my painting.

"We should go meet them....."

Rare words. Sterling did not often go out of his way to meet people. His standard unnreadable exterior had not led me to believe he was even taking these rumors to heart, but his one short sentence revealed that the rumors had piqued his curiosity far more than i had anticipated. I nodded. "Perhaps..... perhaps we should....."
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:49 am

Astrina

So. This wasn't a dream.

I knew that when I realized that the pain wasn't just not there.. it was replaced by a different kind of pain. Discomfort.

Well, it wasn't exactly that, that showed me this wasn't a dream. It was the fact that the discomfort bothered me. That I couldn't simply dismiss it like I normally would.

Taking all these thoughts into mind I shifted a little in the small bowl of a rock, the fuzzy stuff tickling my nose and making me sneeze. Cautiously I raised my head to get a better look at the other rocks circling the field. The others seemed to be awake too.. freaking out about what looked like...wings.

The uncomfortable feeling crept into my thoughts, the slight pain in my back inching in my memories until I couldn't help my curiosity any longer. Stretching a hand slowly towards my back I felt around, freezing as my fingers touched a silky, almost filmy material. I knew that at that moment I must have been even paler than usual.. as it slowly sunk in.

I had wings.

Trying to push the sudden fear from my thoughts I sat up completely in the rock, gripping the edge with my small hands for support and climbing onto the ledge of the stone. Eyeing the tall grass with a bit of distrust I bit my lip and glanced at the others with a hint of hesitation. I didn't like people.

People don't like me. They've never known what to do with me. The girl who is always sick. The one everyone has always felt sorry for.

I didn't like pity. So therefore, I honestly don't like people to much.

"Hello." I murmured after a moment. "I believe this may be a strange way to meet....but do any of you have a clue where we are?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:57 am

Aeric

Stupid freaking fay. Why the h*** was she following me? Oh yeah, cause I got kicked out of another freaking meeting. Stupid freaking elders.

"I know you don't want to be bothered with me." I grumbled over my shoulder at Pepper. "Why don't you go do.. some freaking girly thing and leave me alone? I don't need to be watched over like some little kid."

Sure, the words may have been a bit harsh, maybe even uncalled for, but she was part of the council. And therefore, part of those who I disliked. Not slowing down a bit I suddenly let myself drop in the air, landing on a thick flower petal right before my small cabin.

It wasn't much to be honest, I built it myself so.. it kinda showed. I was good at woodcraft, but ..yeah. Fluttering my wings a bit again, I coasted down to before my door and while ignoring her pulled it open to go in.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next