the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save Our City

5 posters

Go down

Save Our City Empty Save Our City

Post by Regret Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:39 pm

This is it.
This is the end.

Sooner or later, the last remaining soldiers out there are going to go down. When that happens, the city will be engulfed in a wave of rotting flesh, tattered clothing, and staring eyes. The dead will drag you all down and devour you.

But maybe there is one other option. A depot across town might still have a truck or lorry left. You can't be certain, you might be wrong. It might be a false hope. But it is a hope nonetheless. A hope that, if you sell your life dearly enough, some of the women and children might be able to get away.

So there's your choice. Wait in your cellar or your cupboard for the last defence to fall and for the dead to come looking for you, or go out there and face the darkness: sell your life at the end of an axe or a gun. Make them pay in blood for every step they take.

You aren't going to survive but maybe, just maybe, you can keep hope alive.

---------------------------------------------------------

I suggest making two characters. One to escape, either as the women and children or to guard them; and the other to stay. Also, the whole "women and children" thing is partly logic, and partly sexism on the part of the military. It is reasonable that many women would copy Eowyn and disguise themselves to fight on the front line. By the same token, some men will naturally try to cadge a lift on the convoy, either as guards, drivers or stowaways.

Name:
Description:
Weapon of choice:
Stay or go?

Also, here is some suitable music to listen to while you design the characters and chat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzotT7D7MX0

Last edited by Regret on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Save Our City Empty Re: Save Our City

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:45 pm

I'M SO JOINING. BUT I'LL HAVE TO PUT MY CHARRIES UP TOMORROW.

-reserves spot-
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:37 pm

That's okay. Very Happy
I'll post my first character.

Name: Jonathan Bale.
Appearance: http://fredrik-andersson.com/otherwork.html Scroll down to the guy with the bloodstains. It's not my picture, but it's perfect.
Description: A quintessential Englishman, Jonathan was caught off-guard by the zombie apocalypse while on holiday with his family. His wife is dead, but his two small children are, right now, being taken to the depot on the far side of town. He has decided that he would happily give his life to keep his children alive.
Weapon of choice: Shotgun, axe.
Stay or go? Stay and fight.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Name: 'Rikter' (Rick-tur)
Appearance: Ever hear a grandparent, or maybe an aunt or uncle say, "You're just skin and bones!"? Well, that's Rikter for you. She's underdeveloped compared to most girls her age, and with her lanky, bony figure, she has more of a boyish figure which makes it that much easier for her to go around as a boy; a 14-year-old that's considered barely above the average street rat. She's all of 5'5 and considerably underweight, as she has been for the better part of her life; nevermind the apocalypse.

Rikter is pale, with a thin face, and definitive cheeks bones. Long, horribly matted ash blonde hair reaches the small of her back when not tucked in an old Mets ball cap, the bangs dyed a rich bronze framing her face. Autumn brown eyes are slightly sunken in on either side of a pretty nose, her lower lids pooled with a dark purple-ish coloring from lack of sleep and proper nutrition.

Life on the streets means you're probably going to have to get a little dirty...in more ways than one. This has never been a problem for her; smudges of grime just coating that dainty face, in every crack and crevice there could possibly be, giving way to blackened, perpetually skinned knees and elbows. Most of Rikter's clothes are due to the local thrift shops, the little that she owns being intended for guys, RIGHT down to the boxers. Her worn, trusty Rocket Dogs are her only pair of shoes.
Description: Imagine the suprise, just minding your own business in your quiet little cell in juvie and you look up at the sound of a thud. The guard's dead, and you've got this pair of black, haunting, beady eyes piercing through you. Yeeeeeeea, no. Get the hell out of there.
Weapon of choice: Gun + Dagger, fists if need be.
Stay or go? Wanted to stay, but Carson and Gidget made her go. T-T

Name: Carson Addington
Appearance: TBD... I know he's muscular, 'cause he does Taekwondo...but... OH! He's 17-ish, too...
Description: Rikter beat on his door until he answered, yanked him out HALF NAKED into the street at 10:45PM to go get Gidget, murmuring to...ahem, himself about zombies.
Weapon of choice: Taekwondo + anything he can find to use as a weapon.
Stay or go? Stay.

Name: Gidget 'the Bomb' Nehl
Appearance: Gidget is 15 and a half, having messy short honey blonde hair, bright emerald green eyes filled with an energy that borders on the line between pensive scrutiny and...straight lunacy. He's fairly short, with a pretty olive complexion. I see him wearing slightly baggy khaki-colored cargo pants, at least nine pockets on the sides, legs, and back. His shirt is a plain white tee except for the words 'I HAVE ISSUES' in bold black lettering in the center of his chest. He may or may not be wearing shoes, but his outfit is certainly tattered and dirtied by now; not that he particularly minds, though... He never was fond of hygiene.
Description: Similarly to Carson, buuuuuuuut, Gidget wasn't half naked, and he was already outside in a lawn chair watching the show.
Weapon of choice: He carries around gallons of gasoline, a box of matches, and a large butcher knife. Bring it on!
Stay or go? You nuts? 'Course he's staying!
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:01 pm

Brilliant characters! See if you can convince one or two (or more) other people to join in, because duets don't always work. Also...

Name: Task Marshall Stan Wade.
Appearance: BIG. Not enormously tall (6'3"), but heavy and muscular. Plus, he always wears heavy body armour and his gas-mask, making him look even bigger.
Description: A hard-bitten kid as he was growing up, Wade never really wanted to be a gangster. So, when the zombie apocalypse came, he realised that he could put his natural propensity for violence to good use.
Weapon of choice: Everything is a weapon to Wade, but he prefers an assault rifle and a dagger.
Stay or go? Stay, naturally.

Last edited by Regret on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:40 pm

((Totally want to join this. My post will have to come tomorrow, though, when I can actually think of some characters.))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:39 pm

Yay Winter! x3

Bells said she wanted to join. I'll check with her, if not tonight, then tomorrow after school depending on whether she posts her charries or decides not to join in that time. I'm on my phone at the moment, so...
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:06 pm

I think I'll join this :3
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:17 pm

Great! If everyone could post their characters, that'd be favourite.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm sorry, I thought I posted my charries last night buy I didn't check and apparently it didn't go though.

Name: Raven
Appearance: Dark, dirty blonde hair with a slight red tint in it. Her eyes a jade green, and she is slightly pale. Raven is a bit above average height and has a slim, but slightly muscular build.
Description: Raven can be rude, and slightly arrogant. She tends to stay away from people, some bad things in her past making her a loner type of person. She loves sharp things, and tends to take a little more enjoyment in killing zombies than the average person, loves fighting.
Weapon of choice: she loves this old set of knives she found in an empty house, but she is pretty good at hand to hand combat.
Stay or go? Stay

Name: Max (called Maxie by his friends)
Appearance: Really light colored blonde hair. Has hazel eyes and olive toned skin. Kinda on the short side and scrawny. His hair is a shaggy, curly mess.
Description: Max has issues staying serious, he also has issues staying still. His parents disappeared quickly after the zombies came, and he assumed that they got caught. He pretends it doesn't both him to be alone, but has a guilt at the fact he was spose to be home when it happened, he figures he should have got caught by the zombies with them.
Weapon of choice: Max found his Dad's hand gun, and has managed to pack away several cases of ammunition in a back back he keeps tucked over his shoulder.
Stay or go? Go
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:35 am

We should be able to start sooner or later. If someone wants to message Winter and Purple...?
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down