the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C. D. - character development

+3
Echo
flaggirl3
Jacky K.
7 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

C. D. - character development - Page 23 Empty Re: C. D. - character development

Post by Jelsa Mepsey Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:44 pm

(waiting on GH to show art...)
Jelsa Mepsey
Jelsa Mepsey

http://www.firemeup.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:17 pm

"For the record," Peter said, "I knew that thing about chemistry. When I said he was being an impossibility, I meant that he was shooting electricity from his hand."
"You can generate heat from your hands," I pointed out. "Or any part of you, really."
"Yes, but I still stick to physics. It doesn't come out of nowhere; I convert some of my soul energy to heat energy. Law of conservation of energy. First law of thermodynamics. Ergo, physics remain intact."
"How do you know that stuff anyway? It's not like you went to school." I saw his look of chagrin and realized I could've phrased my words better. "Sorry..."
"No, no, it's alright," he spoke, shaking his head. "It's true that I never went to middle or highschool, but I learned everything I needed to know from the scientists at the research center. They gave me lessons in chemistry and physics to better my skills as a fire-user. I took language courses on the side, too. I learned Pedla from a native speaker. I guess you could say I was homeschooled, since the research center is my home."
I really couldn't imagine what it must've been like for him. I lived a pretty normal life until I joined the Organization. I went to a public highschool, I texted my friends until my fingers grew tired, I spent way too much time on social networking sites...typical teen stuff. Even when I was a kid, I was still normal. But when my ten-year-old self was sitting, bored, in History class, Peter's eight-year-old self was fighting to survive in a wartorn city along with another little boy he could barely understand. And while I enlisted of my own volition, Peter and Senet had no choice.
The universes can be cruel places.

((I learned that stuff about electricity in Chemistry this year. Pretty neat, I'd say.

Also, I try to stick to science as much as I possibly can with people who can talk to their souls and all that. For instance, fire types must set fires (with their energy or through other means) before they can use their soul energy to control them. This way, the fire triangle isn't broken like in other fantasies where people shoot it from their hands.))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:24 pm

Dan:
"I know what you mean Peter," I say laughing at his name, "sorry its just coincidence my best friend back home is named Peter, anyway, the reason I can shoot electricity is mostly because my friends over at Area 51 super charged my nervous system to allow electricity to be projected from my body. But I'm starting to think my master Garth threw a little somethin extra in there. Don't ask me how the nervous system thing works its Koleospteron tech, it really confuses me they far surpass us by at least 200 million years! They were colonizing new planets while we still thought that a mammoth was a good food source"
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:36 am

"It's not really that good," said Evan, who handed the art over.

"Lies," said Cassie.
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:28 am

Winter Dragon wrote:((I learned that stuff about electricity in Chemistry this year. Pretty neat, I'd say.

Also, I try to stick to science as much as I possibly can with people who can talk to their souls and all that. For instance, fire types must set fires (with their energy or through other means) before they can use their soul energy to control them. This way, the fire triangle isn't broken like in other fantasies where people shoot it from their hands.))

((I know, right? I generally prefer to keep within the realms of science for my fantasy, and I always try to justify any tech that I use in my sci-fi. Like the virtual reality bubble. What it actually does is broadcast the sensations directly into the target's brain, instead of creating an actual surrogate reality. Oherwise, it could be used to survive in space, which would be plain crazy))

"Hey, don't lecture me on science. I might not be much of a whizz, but I know my energy. Art, on the other hand..." She scuttles closer to Evan. "Let's have a look."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:43 am

Dan:
"I know what you mean Peter," I say laughing at his name, "sorry its just coincidence my best friend back home is named Peter, anyway, the reason I can shoot electricity is mostly because my friends over at Area 51 super charged my nervous system to allow electricity to be projected from my body. But I'm starting to think my master Garth threw a little somethin extra in there. Don't ask me how the nervous system thing works its Koleospteron tech, it really confuses me they far surpass us by at least 200 million years! They were colonizing new planets while we still thought that a mammoth was a good food source"
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:52 am

"It's annoying when an alien race looks down on you as primitive, isn't it? especially when you don't even have physical prowess as an advantage over them. I mean, the Zaxiphrasians were screwing the inscrutable before we'd even got further than cave paintings." Skipper punches her two right hands into the palms of her left hands. "And they're deadly opponents, so it sucks on every level."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:05 am

Dan:
I nod in agreement. "The Varadinae look down on humans as a more philisophical lesser becausse we are far more advanced but they eat us because apparently we are tasty" I say laughing. I had never met a Varadinae and hoped not to.
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:23 pm

"Ah. Well at least Zaxiphrasians don't eat you. They're just awkward, selfish and politically loose cannons." Skipper stares into space for a moment. "And really, really good at designing weapons and engines of war."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:34 pm

Dan:
"Well, I am kind of scared of those Zaxbees guys now, do they like chicken by the way?" I say chuckling at my own joke.

(Get it? Zaxbees the chicken restaraunt)
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:57 pm

((I've never heard of Zaxbees. Is it American? If so, that would explain my unawareness.))

"Erm... Yes?" Skipper stares blankly at Dan. "I've seen chickens. What do they actually... do?"
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:19 pm

(Oh... O.O that kinda ruins the joke if youre not american it is an american chicken fast food joint like Chick-fil-a you know that right?)
Dan:
I laugh, "Basically they are raised for food, they are really delicious if prepared correctly, humans eat some strange things," I say realizing for the first time, "I mean everyone says it tastes like chicken when they want you to try something new because its generic but the strange thin is people will eat a Puffer fish if prepared correctly even though it is like deadly poisonous"
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:46 pm

"That IS weird. Hmm. I should try to get me some of this... 'chicken'."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelsa Mepsey Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Penny: I smiled as I looked at the art. "This is really good!" I said.
Jelsa Mepsey
Jelsa Mepsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Dan:
I double over laughing at her, because it seems so alien that she hasn't heard of chicken.
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelsa Mepsey Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Penny: "I'm hungry, do we have food?"
Jelsa Mepsey
Jelsa Mepsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:10 pm

((Well, I'm American, and I've never heard of Zaxbees, either...nor Chick-Fil-A, for that matter. Up here, the only thing we have around is KFC. And I don't even live in Kentucky, heh.))

"We don't have any," Peter spoke for the two of us. "The people who own this house probably do, but I think we've taken enough from them as it is. Also, they need a new door."
"Being human kinda sucks," I commented, leaning back in my seat. "I mean, physically speaking, the only thing we human bonders really have over the other species we associate with is advanced manual dexterity. That's it. We're not bigger or stronger. Intellectually, we're equals. Technologically, we're only a touch ahead of the vreshnik, horses, and ai'reija. At least the dragons are far behind us in that regard."

Last edited by Winter Dragon on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelsa Mepsey Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:12 pm

(You've never heard of Chick-Fil-A?!)

Penny: "I'm game for anything, as long as we find something edible."
Jelsa Mepsey
Jelsa Mepsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:15 pm

((Uh, no, I haven't...

Also, I'm going to wait to post.))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelsa Mepsey Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:20 pm

(OoO it's yummy xD)
(kay)
Jelsa Mepsey
Jelsa Mepsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:53 pm

"Thanks," said Evan.

"He illistrated my poems." said Cassie.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:48 am

Jelsa Mepsey wrote:Penny: "I'm hungry, do we have food?"

"Hey, we should try to get some of this 'chicken' stuff. And Peter's right, you can't just take someone's food. Does anyone have any ideas? I would suggest searching for a food supply outlet, or something. I believe Tesco is the major food supplier on this planet, but I wouldn't know what it looks like." Skipper peers out of the window. "On the other hand, I might elicit unwanted attention if I went with you, so that isn't the best option."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:52 pm

"I have a granola bar," said Evan, digging it out of his bag. "But we could share?"
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:02 pm

"I ate a couple of hours ago," Skipper explains. "I won't be hungry for some time yet."

Last edited by Regret on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Jelsa Mepsey Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:28 pm

Penny: "If someone doesn't mind sharing, that would be nice."
Jelsa Mepsey
Jelsa Mepsey

Back to top Go down