the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fist through the looking glass

4 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

A fist through the looking glass - Page 4 Empty Re: A fist through the looking glass

Post by ßøn∑z Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:00 pm

Sure!
ßøn∑z
ßøn∑z

Back to top Go down

A fist through the looking glass - Page 4 Empty Re: A fist through the looking glass

Post by Avery Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Avery is here...
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:02 pm

Okay, so... *gulp* want me to start?

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:02 pm

Sure.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:04 pm

yay!
ßøn∑z
ßøn∑z

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:11 pm

Rose
I slammed my door shut "I hate you, I hate you, I HATE you!" I screeched to my mother through the wood, and then ran for my bed. It took me a couple of minutes to calm myself down, but the familiar setting- warm blue walls, plush white carpet, celing that was at it's highest point at the wall with the mirror and slanted down to the wall with the door- comforted me. It was a simple room, not many furnishings, almost no personal things like pictures and paintings. The few pictures and such I had were from before TSM. I marked everything from either before or after I shattered the mirror- that simple event changed my life, somehow. It made me obsess over Mary. Now I faced her, lightly tracing her face, my face. "How are you doing today?" I whispered, as if expecting an answer "School sucked, as always. Bryce was a perv again, tried to feel me up... yeah, yeah, I know, I should tell the principal..." Then I sighed, grabbing my brush from the nightstand and running it through my hair, watching Mary closely as she mimiced. "You like brushing your hair, huh? The smoothness, getting all the knots out...I like it, so you must like it too. We're the same, you know. But different. Very different. Though you're trapped, aren't you? No way of escape, no way..." Then I saw something, a spark in her eyes. That's... strange. I vaugely heard my mom as she called me down for dinner, and I left Mary. When I was halfway down the stairs, I didn't even hear the glass shatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:17 pm

Mary
I was dead tired of this, this oppression, this servatude... dangerous thoughts for an Alternate, those kinds of thoughts could get you in trouble. But when the girl- my girl, the Rose... when she was combing her hair, rambling about her life, about her freedoms and her troubles and her woes and her fears... I realized that's what /I/ wanted, too. To make those choices, to feel those mistakes. But how? I was trapped... until she left, and I felt the mirror dimming... I remembered the way she had punched the glass before, how her hand had actually slammed through to the other side... could I do that? Without thinking about what I was actually doing, my fist shot out, as if on reflex. And when I felt my personal mirror shatter, felt my fist go through to the other side... I knew things would never be the same again

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:20 pm

I n d i g o

So totally hosed right now. Did that whore spike my drink? He totally did. I had, like, one punch, and the room is spinning.
I let out a strange, bubbly giggly as I open my door, kick it shut with my foot and collapse on my bed. Another figure comes on top of me, who is it again? I can't remember. They're kissing up my neck, my shirt flies across the room.
What was happening? My hands come up to shove him off by the shoulders. The house party is still roaring downstairs. The guy grunts, and forces himself back on me. I can't scream, way to wind up on YouTube. What can I do?
My legs struggle, and my knee hits his groin. The guy wheezes, swears, slaps me and storms out, slamming the door behind him.
Serves him right. Sighing, I pull clothes back on and run a hand up my hair. My muddy hazel eyes trail to the mirror. A smile hits up my lips. Damn, even red cheeked and lipstick smeared, I still look great.
I walk up and stand in the full body mirror. Turning to the side, a hand on my hip. Hmm, I could loose another ten or so pounds, it would do wonders to my curves. And maybe a little more bust. Heck, even a little nose alternation would be great. I'm sure Daddy will give it to me.
But just before I turn away and decide to return to the party, the beauty in the mirror gets a strange, enraged expression. Slightly frightened, I blame it on the punch and go back downstairs.
ßøn∑z
ßøn∑z

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Mary
What... what just happened?! I picked my way through the glass as if I had simply shattered a wall. Glancing behind me, I could still see the cell I had left. I stuck my hand back in. I could move as I pleased? How could this... how could this be? Strangely frightened, I ran back into my cell for a moment and pounded on one of the walls "Indigo!"

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:26 pm

I n d i g o ' s A l t e r n a t e

The voice hissed in the darkness.
I turned in my small cell, eyes adjusting from the bright room to the darkness.
"Mary? What's wrong?"
I still felt on edge and cranky, I always did after I saw Indigo in the mirror.
"Don't call me that, her name. She disgusts me."
ßøn∑z
ßøn∑z

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Mary
"Don't say another word, but listen to my words carefully" I said in a quiet, rushed voice. If the Others knew what was going on... "I found a way out, to the Human Side.... don't ask any questions now, I'm going through. I'll let you know as soon as I get back" She was my confident, the one whom I really trusted. Then I took a deep breath, and slithered back through the shattered looking glass

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:32 pm

Nathaniel

I smirked, watching the fire lick across the wings of the small butterfly. It spiraled and went down, making small, dusty circles on the kitchen table. I chuckled quietly and caught the rest of the bug on fire, getting up and getting a cup of coffee. Dipping my finger in to it, I held it over the butterfly, letting the liquid put out the rest of the fire with an audible hiss.
I got up and took a long drink, pouring the remains down the sink, watching it spiral down the drain. I set the cup on the bug and walked out, to my room. My mirror hung above my dresser, a spider web crack going through it, straight up the center.
The Nate that stared back at me was smiling the same wicked grin I had, his eyes ablaze and his blonde hair slightly disheveled. He looked like he had just gotten a christmas present, his, my, eyes wide with excitement. I looked innocent, pure, but that was the power of beauty. I smoothed down my hair in the front and pushed at the dark circles under my eyes before flopping back on my bed.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:35 pm

My breath caught in my throat. A way out? God, I needed that. It was the worst when Indigo looked in the mirror when she was having sex with someone. She did that /all/ the time. Then I'd have to get /another/ alternate and . . . well, you get the idea. I hated her. And then, she'd just look in the mirror alone and cry sometimes. Poor, poor girl. What a /hard/ life she had.
Fuming, I sat in the silence, waiting for Mary, so excited I ached all over.
ßøn∑z
ßøn∑z

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:39 pm

Mary
I tentatively walked back out, lightly running my hand along the smooth surfaces of the Human World. This place was so big... I mean, when Rose looked through mirrors in another places, I would follow... but I hadn't realized how /huge/ the Human world was until now... then I heard footsteps as Rose rushed up the stairs. Oh, no, what to do?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:42 pm

Nate (Alternate)

My head pricked up, hearing two girls talking about getting out of this hell-hole. "What do you mean, get out?" I asked. "Into their world?" My eyebrows went up in confusion. Maybe, I should ask their names. Nathaniel was a killer... Not in the worst sense, but cats, dogs, bugs. Anything he could find, he'd kill. He loved to take them apart, check out their insides. And the worst part was that he never tired of finding different /ways/ of killing them. And I had to watch it all. I was desperate to get out of her.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:45 pm

I n d i g o

Hours had passed. Finally, everyone had left. I hurried up to my room. My hair was a mess, all makeup worn off, and clothes frayed. A good party.
I sat down at my chair, staring at the mirror. Yes, that perfect messy look was pulled off. I ran a hand up my flawless cheek.
The girl in the mirror copied, but looked so grudging. I did not have that look, it didn't suit my eyes. My great, hazel eyes. Smiling, I turned my head back and forth. Which was the best angle? You needed to know these things to look perfect.
Yes, my right side was better. I studied it.
Tears started to threaten to fall. My nose, just tilted. It ruined it! Why was it so hard just to have a good nose! Why? My lips trembled.
ßøn∑z
ßøn∑z

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:47 pm

Mary
I had slipped out the window as Rose entered, with surprising agility. Maybe it was because I wasn't as... substancial as the humans, looked the same, talked the same... but didn't have the same mass. A reflection. I slid off the roof, scraping my leg and landing on the grass. Okay, not perfectly agile after all. Cursing, I stood up slowly, looking around. It was so HUGE!

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:56 pm

Imitating the little bitch, I knew why I hated this so much. She was so ungrateful. I hated her.
Where was Mary? I wanted to call for her.
The girl walked away and curled into her bed, and the world drained to black.
"Nath, you there? Where's Mary?"
I thought about what I had heard . . . Glass shattering.
Hmm. Food for thought.
ßøn∑z
ßøn∑z

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:58 pm

Mary
I wandered around, my eyes wide. But I knew I had to find a mirror to get back... whoa, what would happen if /I/ looked in one?! The world was so huge... I leaned down, running my hands through the lush grass

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:01 am

Nate (Italics for alternates...)
"No, I have no clue," I said, looking around, but stopping as Nathaniel moved back into the mirror, a cocky grin on his face. I sighed, wishing I could get out of here as quickly as possible.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:04 am

Before I could respond, Indigo stepped back in the mirror. Her eyes were red and puffy. I mimicked her slow movements.
Wow, how I wanted to pop a punch at that little face. Maybe that was what Mary did, to make the glass shatter. My eyes sparked, and Indigo looked scared. Her reflection was /not/ responding. I brought a fist up, and slammed it hard against the reflection, feeling like I was breaking through the surface of a pond. A whole new feel.
ßøn∑z
ßøn∑z

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:05 am

wait... um... they can't move independanly of their humans. Mary did it once Rose left, before the mirror faded all the way

Back to top Go down

Post by ßøn∑z Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:07 am

Wait, what? So they can't do it when the humans are there, only when they leave?
ßøn∑z
ßøn∑z

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:08 am

Yeah, they're forced against their will to mimic their humans

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:09 am

Nate

I heard a shatter and a new hope sparked in me. As soon as Nathaniel left the room, I reared my fist back, slamming it into the glass, a small amount of pain in my hand. I grinned and slid out, quickly leaving the room that belonged to him, Nathaniel.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next