the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With Nothing Other Than A Cold Glass of Strawberry Milk...

4 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

With Nothing Other Than A Cold Glass of Strawberry Milk... Empty With Nothing Other Than A Cold Glass of Strawberry Milk...

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:05 pm

NOTE: I didn't quite know where to place this, so I settled for the 'Mature' section. It's more than welcome to be moved if someone sees fit, though! :3 (I thought this would be fun! =D As for the name...well, I love strawberry milk, despite the fact of it having nothing to do with the actual topic. ^^ )

Plot : It all started the moment you received the acceptance letter.

Looking for a place that can rightfully display your talents? A place that can see your true potential, being able to harness it to bring you to new heights that you've been yearning for so long to reach? Do you want to finally be able to break from the crowd and be recognized for all that YOU are, all that you're capable of? Well, if you answered yes to any of these questions, you've come to the right place!

Welcome to Malchance Attend, (It's in French. Look it up to find the translation~ ;P ) the prestigious Academy of Fine Arts for Advanced Adolescents. Enroll today and find what your heart desires most.

You thought it was all that you'd dreamed about, so of course you applied. It was when you held that eggshell colored, golden embroidered envelope in your hands that you realized, 'I made it. This is it, the start of my life.' Or is it? Because you see, my dear little ones, things aren't always as they appear upon first glance...because you have a secret.

You're sick, or so they say. That's why you came here, to prove them all wrong. But the more time you spend here, the more you're beginning that everyone seems to have their own little...quirks. And then there's the instructors and staff members trying to feed you your 'medicine' that you had sworn off years ago. This isn't your regular school for young geniuses(sp)...this is an Institute for crazy young geniuses(sp)!

Congratulations on your acceptance, kiddies! =D

Rules: Hmm. Not many. Just please, no one liners, be respectful to other members, and have fun! Oh! And you MUST have one of each gender! You can make as many as you please, just be sure you can keep track of them and keep the number even. Ex. If you make 2 girls, you have to make 2 boys as well.

Format :

* = required

Everything in the format is required to be filled, but the ones with the star are to be filled INDEFINITELY.

Name:
*Talent: (Ex. Writing, singing, dance, musician. Basically anything that you can think of to get in to a Fine Arts school; even miming or computer programming. It has to be advanced~! ;P If it's something far-stretched, be sure to run it by me.)
*Condition/Ailment: (Ex. Schizophrena, depression... You can get creative on this too, but it has to be ran by me as well.)
*Back story:
New student or 'veteran' :
*Image/description:
Other:

NOTE: This topic will begin after I return from swimming and post my characters. :3 Until then, get creative! =D

Another thing I should mention is there will be periodical inspections and or 'visits' from the Headmistress of the Academy. If someone wants to play her that would be lovely, otherwise I will.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

With Nothing Other Than A Cold Glass of Strawberry Milk... Empty Re: With Nothing Other Than A Cold Glass of Strawberry Milk...

Post by Ravyn Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Oooh! Im totally interested! But i dont have time to put up my characteres now so i will try to put them up later, probs wont be till tomorrow though.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

With Nothing Other Than A Cold Glass of Strawberry Milk... Empty Re: With Nothing Other Than A Cold Glass of Strawberry Milk...

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:30 pm

I'll join. I'll post my charries here in a sec.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Name: Nina
*Talent: Dance and music
*Condition/Ailment: depression
*Back story: Nina was beaten as a child by her parents and the only thing that kept her alive was her music.
New student or 'veteran': new student
*Image/description:
With Nothing Other Than A Cold Glass of Strawberry Milk... Black_emo_hair-1618
Other: She is scared of everyone and avoids them, hoping not to be broken again.

Name: Shadow
*Talent: anything with computers and writing
*Condition/Ailment: depression
*Back story: His parents practically abandoned him, partying every day they could. People taught he was weird because he cut. There's more than meets the eye with him.
New student or 'veteran': new student
*Image/description:
Tall, muscular body, black hair that covers his dark green eyes

Other: He can do anything with computers. He can hack into about anything or create whatever he wants.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Name: Chase Eastly
*Talent: Musician (Guitarist)
*Condition/Ailment: Kleptomaniac
*Back story: He grew up going from foster home to foster home during the first several years of his life before finally getting adopted by an aging bachelor with way too much money, and no way to spend it, having no immediate family to surround himself with. Things with him and Chase were always awkward and forced, and after catching the boy in many attempts to steal from him, he urged him to apply for a scholarship to the esteemed Malchance Attend in order for him to-hopefully-straighten out, very aware of his phenomenal handle of the guitar.
New student or 'veteran' : Veteran
*Image/description:With Nothing Other Than A Cold Glass of Strawberry Milk... 1243200551_9435_full
Other: Has a best friend named Wyatt back home. Isn't exactly one for friendly conversation.

Name: Kandy Deston
*Talent: Ballet and chello
*Condition/Ailment: Extreme fear of being dismembered.
*Back story: Her parents were satists, part of a local occult, sacrificing her three year old little brother before her very eyes, her being able to do nothing but watch in horror. She fled after that, turning them into the FBI and being sent to live with her great-aunt, forever altered.
New student or 'veteran' : Veteran
*Image/description: With Nothing Other Than A Cold Glass of Strawberry Milk... Blonde-Hair-Style
Other: Is a hardcore Christian, feeling tainted and unworthy of the affection of God because of what her parents were involved with, as if it's embedded in her blood somehow, preventing her from escaping. Once had purple and black streaks through her hair, but quickly removed them after coming to study at the Academy. Her great-aunt is the Headmistress.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Cool charries. When should we start?
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:36 pm

Thanks. ^^ And now, if you want. It'll give Ravyn a spot to start from.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:38 pm

=) Kk. We can start. You should start though.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:04 pm

(Lol. Sure thing.)

Chase walked down the hall, heading toward the 'backyard.' Could it even be called that? It was as wide and spacious as a football field...on steroids. The Academy itself was a large stony mansion, with several floors of different classrooms, study halls, bedrooms, even tea rooms. It was all very elegant, with a classical feel to it. For Chase, it was all right...he just wasn't into that sort of thing. He was just here to play his music. As if to testify to that, he was currently carrying his sleek black guitar case-the instrument placed safely within it-against his back, walking out into the sunshine and sitting cross-legged on the soft, grassy ground.

He slid the strap over his head, setting the case at his side and opening it up to let his fingers glide across the smooth, wooden surface of his muse. He didn't play it, not yet, he just sat there, at peace with the beautiful scene his eyes met with. The beauty that nature was capable of.

~

Her eyes skimmed over the passage, her lips moving, mirroring as if she was actually speaking the words that were swimming in her mind; over and over again. Kandy was in the library on the second floor, Bibles, notes and various other papers littered about the table she had taken up. She was in the middle of her daily Devotions, and the silence that the library provided served as the ideal environment.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:10 pm

Nina walked to the front of the academy, staring at the beauty it was. So this was the the place where she would dance and sing. She sighed, wondering if she would ever fit in with these people. She walked across the front, wondering if anyone would be outside.

Shadow sat in the corner of the quiet library, wondering if anyone was here besides him. Every once in a while he would hear papers rustling, someone studying? Hm. He continued on his laptop, making a new program for his music. He had always been able to do anything with a computer...but would this be his place? There was only one way to find out.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:28 pm

Repeatedly, his gaze would find his guitar, heart picking up it's pace just slightly if he even thought about playing. Eventually, he just gave in, lifting it from the red velvet upholstering, not being able to ignore the tingle of want in his fingers as he slipped the strap over his head, setting it in his lap as he strummed, closing his eyes and willing himself to get lost within his creation.

~

It was faint at first, but as time went on it became unbearably distracting. The endless clacking of computer keys reminding her of the pestering buzz of the gnat you just can't seem to swat away. She looked up, legs pushing her chair back as she stood, smoothing out the nonexistent blemishes of her blue sundress. Task momentarily forgotten, she looked around and spotted a boy hidden behind a computer in the farthest corner of the room. He looked around her age, but she didn't recognize him. She began to walk over. "Hey, are you new here?"

(Brb)
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:33 pm

Nina heard beautiful music as she circled the academy. Where was this sweet sound coming from? She shifted her gaze to a guy sitting in the grass, strumming a sweet guitar. She just stood there, frozen where she was, captivated by the sound of the guitar's notes flowing into the air..

Shadow looked up from his program. "Yes....I am." He paused the makings and closed the laptop, looking up at her. "Who are you?" Her blonde hair stood out against her skin, but her blue sundress stood out also. He had never shown any interest in girls, but this one looked like she had a thought in her brain....unlike all the others he had met.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:52 am

"I'm Kandy, Kandy Deston," she introduced herself, offering a small smile, averting her eyes after a minute or so of being held under her gaze. She didn't like being spotlighted. "I'm the Headmistress's great-niece." It wasn't that she was bragging, or trying to somehow impress him, she'd just rather people know than be caught off guard later. "What's your name?" She looked at the computer. "So technology is your thing I take it? You're pretty lucky. I can't even get one to turn on for me."

~

Time seemed to have stopped for him, the only thing around him being the soft, fluid, yet upbeat melodies his fingers released. Music was his safe haven, the only thing that could get his pulse racing...aside from stealing, of course. Not that he really meant to. He simply didn't have the will power. Chase sighed, his hands eventually stilling. His eyes opened slowly and he noticed a girl standing a few feet away. He raised an eyebrow, "You OK over there?" He didn't recognize her.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:58 am

"I'm Shadow and being the Headmistress's great-niece....interesting. Yes, technology is my thing...I can do a lot of things with just one computer." Shadow didn't want to reveal what he could do. He could hack into cameras, video moniters, anything that involved any sort of technology, he could mess with it. "Lucky...not so much."

Nina heard his voice and stepped back, suddenly terrified. The music had calmed her inside, but his voice made her panic. She tripped over a rock, scrambled back up and quickly walked away from him. She didn't mean to be rude...she was just scared of people.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:17 am

He blinked, standing-guitar and all-when she tripped and slowly approached her. "Are you OK?" he asked. He knew he could seem a little...stand-offish, but he didn't think it was that bad.

~

Shadow. She hadn't ever heard anything like it. It was unique, and it fit him quite nicely. "Well, you might not think so, but I do. The only thing I'm experienced in is ballet and the chello." Kandy rolled her eyes. She wasn't even that good. "Do you like it here, Shadow?"
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:23 am

Nina turned back, her dark brown, almost black eyes staring at him. "I-I'm fine." She mumbled, not wishing for him to come any closer than he already was. She folded her arms, not in a mean or stuck up way, just to kind of hold herself, forcing herself not to run away.

A smile appeared on Shadow's lips. "This place is nice...just the sort of place for an academy for the sick and twisted." His laptop started to vibrate and he opened it, seeing that the program had shut down. Great. He turned off the laptop and looked up at her again.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by flaggirl3 Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:34 am

(Can I still join this!? Very Happy )

flaggirl3

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:37 am

(@flaggirl3 - Certainly, my dear! Go ahead! :3 I'll make a couple more characters here shortly.)

Kandy's gaze found the floor at what he said, hands absent-mindedly stroking her bare arms. She didn't have a reply, but she did look up at the hum of the laptop against the table, not missing the slight change in his expression. "Did I mess something up...?"

~

Chase paused, just looking at her for a moment before taking a seat where he stood, still a ways away from her. "You're new here...what's your name?"

Last edited by .Fragile_Wishes. on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:42 am

Shadow chuckled slightly. "No, the laptop program shut down because I wasn't using it." He slid the laptop away from him and organized his music papers, forgotten about an hour ago.

Nina looked at the guy who asked for her name. Did she want to give it out to this musically talented stranger? She had no idea who he was... "N-Nina."

((gtg...I'll be on 12:30 or so central time...))
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:04 am

(All right, dear. Have a good night. :3 )

She nodded, turning her attention to the sheets of music, looking back to Shadow. "For a class?" Maybe he had a second talent, like her. It wasn't uncommon. Many of the students here had multiple stengths.

~
"Nina," he nodded, "I'm Chase." He was starting to see the 'other' half of why she was accepted to this place...but what were her talents? "What did you enroll here for?"
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:39 am

Is it too late for me to join?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:45 am

Shadow glanced at the music. "No, I write music. That's what the program I was making was for." He looked back to her.

Nina bit her lip, forcing herself not to run away from Chase. "I enrolled for....dance....and music." She looked at her feet. "What about....you...?"
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:12 pm

( @lostorfound? - Of course not! Go ahead, hun. ^^ )

"Oh," she spoke. Her dark eyes spotted a chair, "May I?" Wanting his permission before sitting next to him was common courtesy. It was interesting, she had never held a conversation this long with anyone since she was entered in the Academy's system, let alone a boy...

~

Chase gestured to his guitar. "Music mainly, but I can draw some too. You're good at dancing? You should talk to the Headmistress's great-niece...Kandy...I think's her name...she's really good." He looked at her. "What kind of music are you in to?"
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:29 pm

Shadow nodded. "Of course." He was curious about her, which was odd in his case because he usually didn't care about other people. No one else wanted to know him either...

Nina looked at the beautiful guitar. "Dance and music saved my life...people did nothing for me. I'm into mostly darker music....rock, metal....but I like all kinds."
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Kandy smiled as she pulled the chair over to his desk and took a seat, sliding the pieces of music over in front of her. She looked up at him. "Wow, Shadow...these are amazing! When you're done with your program can I be the first to hear it?" She asked, eyes glinting with her smile.

~

He nodded. His story wasn't that bad, he was just a bratty orphan kid, but he could relate with her about music being her life. "I don't really have a specific genre myself, but I do like rock, metal...that type of stuff, too."
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next