the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young Justice!

3 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Young Justice! - Page 15 Empty Re: Young Justice!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:01 am

Alfred <3

Spades
"Uh... sure... thanks" I said, glancing at him, then back out the window.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:43 pm

scones is my favorite word and ive never even eaten one before....

Alfred nodded, leaving the car in silence, starting up the driveway after a few more minutes. "Well Miss Green. It will just be the two of us until two. Master Wayne will come home then. And then Master Richard im sure.". He gets out, going around to open her door. "unusually lively for this house, really," he jests.

Spades
I laughed slight, though it was empty, as I got out of the car. "I can imagine" I said with a half smile. Still getting used to people being so... nice. Especially when I messed up so badly this morning. Maybe I was just half expecting to be beaten around a little bit for my mistake.

Alfred gives a smile, starting up the stairs. "have a particular tea you like? Or you can just pick from the kitchen.". Opening the door for her and leading the way through the halls. "nothing is better for forgetting troubles, i find."

Spades
I walked in, a slightly confused look on my face "Er... there are... different kinds?" I asked, tilting my head. Then I felt like a bit of an idiot... but... I honestly just didn't know.

Alfred opens the doors to the kitchen, walking over to the cabinet. "Hm. True... Mint chocolate? More of a dessert tea but i think it needed on such occassions...". Going over to start the kettle, leaving the cabinet doors open for her to look. He looks over his shoulder to her, then to the dented silver serving tray hanging over the door.

Spades
I glanced at the tray and giggled slightly. Not in the way that I had an hour ago, but just remembering. "Oh... yeah... the tray"
Then I looked back over to what he was doing, curious. I had never seen tea made before

Alfred nods, setting the kettle on the burner, turning round. "do you want to watch?". He asks amused.

Spades
"Ive just never.. Um... seen that done.. before" I said, my voice getting progressively smaller as I talked. I was embarressed, but...honestly, what was he doing? I took a small step forward, eyes on the kettle

"Ah" He studies her with a careful eye. "Would you like to learn the ropes of the kitchen then?" Alfred asks. "It might improve your relations with the utensils since your last run in..." Again, glancing up at the tray with a chuckle.
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:24 pm

Spades
That's a strange thought. Me learning about...kitchens. A distraction from this morning, though... I was still watching the kettle as I answered "If you wouldnt mind... that would be...really...nice"

Alfred smiles. "Of course, Miss Green. What would you like to know?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Spades
Er... I didn't even know what kinds of questions to ask. "Um... first of all, how do you make tea?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Alfred chuckles. "Water in the kettle, first off. Onto the stove until it whistles. And true tea is made with loose leaves, not those silly bags." He goes to another cabinet and gets out a teacup, setting it on the counter. "And a strainer, so as not to get the tealeaves into what you would be drinking."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Spades
"Where do tea leaves come from?" Leaves, obviously, but... if there were so many kinds, is there just a plant for each? Do the plants taste like tea? Why don't people eat tea lea-... why do I even care?

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:25 pm

"All over, Miss Green. Green tea, for example, comes from China.". Alfred goes to the open cabinet, taking out a tin and going back as the kettle whistles. He then opens the top, putting in a few teaspoons. "Now they seep for a few minutes.".
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:47 pm

Spades
Now that the demonstration was about over, my mind started to wander. Back to what I was thinking earlier... how I was going to be punished. Yea, I had messed up before, even worse... but... what if this is the straw that breaks the camel's back? Would I be kicked off the team?
My stomach dropped as I closed my eyes and imagined that. That would mean not seeing Robin. Or Cissie. Heck, I'd even miss Speedy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:22 pm

i can't tell whose trying to smother laughter at that thought...but someone in mah head it...

Alfred then gets a small strainer, big enough to fit on the teacup, placing it on top before taking the kettle and pouring it out. Taking the strainer off, offering her the cup. "And thats that."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Spades
I took the cup into my hands, then looked up at him "Uhm... thanks" Then I blew on it to cool it down, and took a sip. It was pretty good, actually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:04 pm

"Now. Scones. A good movie and an early fire. Troubles forgotten." He gets a plate of the biscuits and leads the way. "Was my trick with Master Richard when he was younger," he whispers over.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:08 pm

Spades
I laugh, trying to imagine a little Robin, sad for whatever reason, being lead by the kind butler with a plate of biscuits. I purposefully avoided thinking about what I was probably doing at the same time...

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:25 pm

". Here we are...". Alfred enters a spaceous living room, putting down the plate on the coffee table and going over to light the gas fireplace. Retreaving thee remote, he hands it to Spades. "Youre probably better at figuring out such a device than me, i think.". He smiles, though the memories of the room arent easy to put out of his mind.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Spades
I took the remote, studying it in my hand before debating whether or not to turn the tv on. I felt so weird being here, out of place. And I was. Ug.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:42 pm

"Troubles still?". Alfred asks, looking up at her. He settles into a leather chair, watching her expression still.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Spades
"Yeah." I said softly, putting the remote down and just standing there, staring at the ground. So weak...

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:48 pm

Alfred pauses, watching, waiting for more. "What side do you /want/ to be on, Miss Green?". He asks after a laps of silence.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Spades
"Honestly? ...I don't know" I sighed. Why was I being so honest, anyway? I guess it just felt good to tell the truth

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:59 pm

"why not?". He asks. Not in a prying way, or even a curious way. Just sort of an offer to listen. Hes done a lot of listening in this room after all. Young Bruce as well... A third party. Not one of bad or good; just a neutral to weigh the arguement.

Ya know, this sort of fits her going off with gambit for a while. Hes not /bad/ bad but he does some against the law stuffs...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:51 pm

Spades
I opened my mouth to reply, then caught myself. Why would I tell him all about that? I closed my mouth again, crossing my arms and looking up, nowhere in particular, unsure of how to respond. Definitely not with the truth, but he'd probably catch a lie... so I just stayed silent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Alfred sighs in the silence, knowing a stubborn teen when he sees one. "No matter what, Miss Green, Master Wayne will give you the chance to do what you wish in your ordeal. And Master Richard will always support; you know that. Argued in your favor even when you were still with the Joker.". He stands again, pausing a moment at the sound of a car coming up the gravel driveway. "though you must forgive him if he acts out of character in the coming weeks..."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:06 pm

So... is Alfred the all-seeing psychic butler, or is he talking about something other than...? xD

Spades
Part of me wanted to escape out the backdoor, anticipating whatever punishment my instinct told me I was getting. But... I told myself that it didn't work like that on this side of the law. Last time I screwed up, though, I was in full on Ember mode, so I hadn't really cared at the time. Now... I tensed, wishing I had my cards with me, just to shuffle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Wut?  XD. Wasnt thinkin that.  More... Whichever side she picks bats will let her make that choice and let her go freely.  And alfred knows shes all confuzzled about the whole thing...
Or foreshadowing...you like that dont ya?  XP
And the whole thingy with robin wuz tat the anniversary of his parents' deaths was soon, which sirena would use to lure him to the twins er someyhing...  It made sense in mah unstable head...

Alfred silently goes around, laying a comforting hand on her shoulder before going to leave the room.  Time to think on her own.  She was too absorbed in her own thoughts then to engage a conversation, he could see.  The confliction she felt as clear as day.

Spades
I flinched when he touched my shoulder, then relaxed slightly when he left.  Now just to wait...

*fast forwards*
Robin
From being here everyday to not even in a week, it felt like forever since working at the Mountain.  Even then, still bringing books for when there wasnt any missions happening.  And then since those idiots scared Beth from school ive only seen her the times she was at the Manor, but still consumed with work.  Alfred's been good watching her there, being a very good substitute teacher when Beth wants to learn something, and Bruce has been keeping a secret eye on her here.  I still felt guilty for not having the time anymore though. 
Gently knocking on her door with the back of my hand, i quietly open it after a second and peek in with a small smile.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Spades
My hair fell down in a curtain around my face, as I intently studied the book in my hand. The letters were almost totally indecipherable, still. I knew... some of the letters now... but... I sighed, frustrated, ready to pitch the book into a wall, and be done with it. Why in the world would p look so much like q?! And d and b?! I hissed in irritation, looking up, ready to actually throw it into something, when I saw Robin peaking in.
I dropped the book on my bed, and smiled, my anger dissipating.
"Hey Boy Wonder" I greeted, standing up

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:33 pm

k.... I just openly laughed like a crazy person and my mom came in to see what was up, demanded to read, read, then looked at me with an incredulous look before walking away. *eye roll*

Robin
"Hey, cards," i say, walking in. "How you been?" There's a tinge of apology in my tone. I would know if I was around more, wouldn't I? It's always crazy during school though - even more so with it being junior year.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next