the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wishing stars

2 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Wishing stars - Page 21 Empty Re: Wishing stars

Post by Avery Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:44 am

Lucia had never felt more relieved than she did then. He was going to be okay, she just needed to wait a while. She went to his bedside, bringing over a chair and, extremely gently, took his left hand. He was gonna be okay.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:46 am

"Oh, yes. Here these were on him and had to be removed for obvious reasons." The doctor said handing her his braclets, necklace, and a bloddied cloth that had been wrapped around his left wrist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:01 am

Lucia saw the cloth and pursed her lips, turning his arms slightly to see the cuts along his wrist and the old scars. She stifled back tears and nodded. "Thank you doctor," she said with her head down slightly. She put his bracelets and necklace in her bag, only after admiring them for a bit, thinking of how many times she had seen them without actually noticing any of them.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:08 am

The doctor left the room quietly. Ryder stirred a few hours later as the pain medication began to wear off. He forced his eyes to open slightly as he looked around trying to figure out where he was and what had happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:52 am

Lucia was curled up in the chair next to Ryder's bed, staring at the wall. Out of the corner of her eye she was him move a little. "Hey," she said, hoping the rims around her eyes weren't too red. She took his left hand again, with a feather light touch.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:38 am

Ryder looked over at her and blinked a few times to clear his vision. "Hey." He croaked with a small smile. "what happened? I feel like I got hit by a bus." He grumbled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:07 pm

"You... You were in an accident. Thankfully, it wasn't a bus, just a sedan," Lucia said. "Doctors said you broke your leg, cracked some ribs, and punctured a lung, but they already have that patched up. Your right side it pretty scratched up, too," she said, returning his smile. She was relieved that he was awak and talking. The whole time he had been asleep, she had worried and paced.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:11 pm

"Mm. Sounds like a good time. Sorry I missed it." Ryder joked with a slight smile. He winced as he moved slightly and gave up on the idea of trying to sit up pretty quickly. "You..you weren't with me. Right?" He asked. He had no recolection of the accident or how it happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:22 pm

Lucia shook her head quickly. "I was home when I heard. It was all over the news and then Garret came over and told me it was true," she said, her voice starting to shake just recalling it. Her fear had been greater than any emotion she had ever felt before, going into her core, making her knees weak.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:58 pm

"Don't cry," Ryder said as he gently pulled her onto the bed next to him, hiding the pain to caused him to move. "It's alright. Don't cry."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:07 pm

Lucia let only a few tears escape before she composed herself. She laid as far from him as possible, but they were still pressed together. She stroked his cheek gently, sighing. "I'm sorry," she murmured.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:12 pm

"For what?" Ryder asked as he closed his eyes, starting to feel tired again. "You haven't done anything wrong."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:16 pm

"You need to sleep," Lucia said, kissing his cheek and slipping out of his bed carefully. There was a benh set up on the windowsill that she had decided would be her bed. She changed in the bathroom quickly and sat in the chair by his bed.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:26 pm

Ryder looked at her and frowned. "Well that wasn't very nice. Tease me with the thought of getting to hold you then slip away." He said with mock hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:36 pm

"You're hurt, love," Lucia said. "I wouldn't be do you any good, but once you get better, you can hold me all you like," she smiled, sitting back.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Ryder frowned more. "It might help me get better though." he tried to reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Lucia sighed and smiled. "Fine," she said, crawling into his bed very carefully. Adjusting herself a bit so she wasn't resting on him as much. "Better?" She asked skeptically, but she kissed him on the cheek.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Ryder smiled widely, or as widely as he could manage while still on a large does of pain killers. "Much." He muttered and held her as best as he could. "How long have I been in here?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:12 pm

"A few hours at the most, not yet a full day," Lucia said. She was slightly glad that he didn't remember what had happened because she didn't want him having any nightmares or anything, though this could be considered a nightmare. She ran her thumb along his jaw, watching him with wide eyes.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:27 pm

"Oh, good. I think that's a new record." Ryder scoffed and closed his eyes again, exauhstion begining to take over again. He took a deep a breath, wincing as his ribs and lungs screamed in protest.

A week later he was doing wheelies in a wheelchair in his drive way. He couldn't use crutches just yet because of his ribs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:36 pm

Lucia nuzzled a little closer to him, unintentionally, falling asleep with him.

(One week later,) Lucia leaned against the back of her car, watching him with a slight smile. "Be careful," she chuckled, shaking her head. He reminded her of how fragile life was and how you needed to seize it. A lot of his road rash was gone now, not even leaving a scar. She smiled widely at him.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:41 pm

Ryder rolled up to her and glanced up at her, still not liking that he had to look up. "Me? Careful? I think not." he chuckled and pulled her onto his lap as he started doing wheelies again, spinning in circles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:06 pm

Lucia giggled, wrapping an arm around his neck as he did reckless wheelies. She couldn't help but wonder if he was getting hurt by her sitting on him. Surely, he'd say something. She still had to ask him about his wrist, too. "Oh!" She smiled, remembering some stuff from the hospital. He had already gotten cloths for his wrist at the hospital. She slipped of his lap and grabbed her bag. She pulled out his necklace and bracelets. "Here you are," she said.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Ryder looked at them and smiled and took them quickly slipping them on. He had switched out the cloth that the hospital had given him for a black one, as always. "Thank you much my love."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Lucia nodded. "Of course," she smiled and kissed his lips gently. The black cloth made her curious but she decided not to ask. Maybe he'd tell her eventually. Maybe not. She sighed happily and laid her hair back on his shoulder.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next