the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whitecap Bay

4 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Whitecap Bay - Page 6 Empty Re: Whitecap Bay

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Arabelle
I wiggled my toes, tossing her one of the shoe covering sets as I looked around. "I... don't know. Maybe in town? Humans need water too..."
I slipped my own coverings on and stood, testing out my legs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:17 pm

Anat
I look at the coverings' shapes before matching them to my feet, slipping them on as well and standing semi shakily. "So midday we go to meet the man?" I ask, glancing up at the sun slightly. Another problem: sand. Its very uncomfortable too...
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:32 am

(Sorry about my long absense...I can see James hasn't came back on...He hasn't been to taekwondo either.....)

Alexander shoved his hands back into his pockets and his emerald eyes remaind hard. "Alexander, and I'm unsure. Possibly two weeks at the most?" He tilted his head, hoping he'd given enough for that long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Anna gave a smile. "If you'd like, I've got a plan for such travelers like yourself. I'll hold this money, as a sort of insurance, and give you a bed and meals if you work at my inn, as a trade. Then when you're ready to go, I'll pay the money back, as reward for no damages done to my property," she preposes, writing down his name in the book.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Arabelle
I nodded slowly, taking cautious steps away from the shore. "Yes, in town. We better start out though, I can't imagine moving very fast with these things."
I glanced distastefully at my feet, and as if to prove my point, I found myself tripping over an invisible rock and faceplanting.
I really needed to stop doing that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Anat
"Arabelle!" Concern tinges my voice as I go over as quickly as I can, kneeling down beside her and putting a gentle hand on her shoulder to help her up. "You okay? We could go tomorrow or - " I bite my lip again, cutting myself short. No, can't run away now... Wasn't an option.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Arabelle
I huffed, accepting her help up and brushing off the sand. "No, Anat," I replied firmly but gently, "I go today. ... You can always turn back though, if you'd like. I'd understand." I leave the offer hanging there and start forward, determined to get me a man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Anat
"Nono," I say quickly. "I'll come, I won't leave you alone." My face sets in firm determination and dedication. Sisters had to stick together, we had to make sure we didn't go into these things alone.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Arabelle
I smiled to myself but didn't slow down.
"Alright then, catch up, we can't be late," I called over my shoulder, watching the ground carefully for rocks as I stepped off the sand and onto what I assumed to be a path towards town.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Anat
I get up quickly and follow after, following her steps in the sand. It gets harder where the sand is dry, but then I step up onto the path with Arabelle and catch up to walk next to her. Every step is getting better on the flat, rockless surface, but it's also adding to the bad heavy feeling in my stomach. "Can't be late," I nod. "We have to get back to the water by nightfall though."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Arabelle
I gave a small nod, wiping my hair from my face as the drying stands stuck to me. "Do you know the time of the month? How close are we to a new moon?" I tried to keep a steady pace, already getting tired from all this walking. Such strange limbs legs were...
I canned my head, seeing the town around the curve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Anat

"It is waning. A few more days or so, It'll be new," I say. The walkway widens to a sheltered area with seats all around, continuing out to a large area of black that completely covers the landscape. Like a plague. Nothing grows in it.

The path continues on along the edge of the empty space to the left, to a series of sheltered tan and black structures. On the walls are two images, leading to two separate openings, vaguely resembling humans, though one was triangular. The boarded pathway that we were on continued on past that, to follow a branch of the black space, off towards the buildings of Whitecap that showed above the small pine trees upon a slightly sloping landscape.

Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Arabelle

We entered the town and I stared around, overwelmed at the.... life before me. So... many... people... So... many strange rocks that they live in... Where in the world are we suppose to meet him?
My hand snapped to Anat's, gripping it tightly. "We can do this," I whispered, mostly to myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Anat

I glance over at Arabelle from the corner of my eye, giving her hand a slight squeeze in return. "No need to be scared of these people," I tell her. "You have your prey. You don't have to pay attention to these humans." I, on the other hand, still needed to find a man... As we walk, I fight off the temptation to bite my lip again, as I look around for a man as inconspicuously as I could.

Aiden

Off work a bit late, but it didn't really matter. Summer after all, most likely vacation for Arabelle. She didn't mind a few minutes, did she?
I sling my backpack on my shoulder and head for the center of town. Everything lead to the center of town, eventually, and I didn't think it would be so hard to spot her blonde head.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:57 pm

I nodded at her words, feeling a little more reassured. She was right, I had this. I squeezed her hand in a thank you and started forward, just... following the path and trying not to stick out. If we didn't find him, there seemed to be plenty of more men for our picking. It was just.... separating them, that was out problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Anat
Somany... "...What does he look like?" I ask quietly, leaning in close to whisper it to her. It was sort of exciting... There were a bunch of covers set out along certain hollows, the colorful fake bird things that people flew on the beaches which now hung limp for some odd reason, and the smells of certain hollows was simply amazing...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Arabelle
My eyes darted everywhere, trying to take it all in and look for him at the same time.
...It wasn't working. There was so much to look at...
"Hair is sand color, and oddly short... no longer than his chin, and his eyes are like.... wood. Br-.....brown, maybe?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Anat
...There were sort of a lot of those, though they all had their own uniqueness about them. I guess she'd be able to recognize him.

Aiden
I walk through the cobblestone streets of the older section of town, nearer to the water. As the town went further inland, it got more 'modern', though it all still had the old world feeling to it. Just down Warf Avenue, and I'd be on Main Street, which went right to the center of town. Used to be the old road to market from the whaling ships after they came back from a season. Now for a head of blonde and fair skin, which was fairly rare in a beach town. I pause, looking down Ocean Street that led to the public beaches of the crescent cove...smiling as I spot her. I go through the small crowd of tourists quickly, coming up next to her. "Hey, Arabelle," I greet before noticing the slightly shorter and younger girl hanging behind her with light auburn hair and wide blue eyes. "Whose this?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Arabelle
I nudged Anat, bringing her attention back to me as I found him among the crowd. "That's him," I whispered, smiling back as he approached.
"Oh, um, this in Anat." I glanced at her and back to him. "My sister. I... promised her she could come."
Would he be okay with that? I couldn't think of any other explanation and I suppose in the end, it didn't matter. I was just afraid bring her would make him not willing to go some place private with us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Anat
"Yeah, that's fine. I don't mind showing the two of you around," he says...kindly... Like...woah. I mean, he didn't have a reason to suspect us as mermaids, but still. Wasn't what I was expecting from what the legends talked about.
I'm staring again, aren't I? I bring my eyes back to Arabelle, but they keep wanting to just...stare at him.
"Ready to go?" He asks, bringing me out of my thoughts.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Arabelle
"Go? Oh, yeah. Course," I replied, squeezing Anat's hand again. "Where are we.... going?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:40 am

Aiden

"Around town," I say, putting my hands in my jeans pockets. "Show you the best local secrets, if you want." Holding her sister's hand like she might just get lost on the first step. Wasn't too bad around here like that. Around lunch, so much of the crowd was somewhere eating. "Stop at a place to eat later?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Arabelle
Eat. Sure. I'll be eating alright. I smiled a little, pulling back a strand from my face. Gah, dry hair was so annoying. How did they stand it? It fell forward again and I tucked it back once more, getting frustrated. "Sounds good to me, " I replied, smiling wider at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:25 pm

Adrian

I smile back, turning to lead the way. "Well... this is the center of town. Usually, any street you take will lead here one way or another, so you really can't get lost. But if that doesn't work, the sea is always downhill." I point down Main Street, which had a clear view of the docks in the distance, third a mile down or so, not that the slope was very steep. I look back to make sure they were following, still with my smile.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Arabelle
I glanced at Anat, making sure she was listening, just in case. We could not get lost from the sea. "There's so many people...." I breathed, taking it all in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next