the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whitecap Bay

4 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Whitecap Bay - Page 3 Empty Re: Whitecap Bay

Post by Black&White Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Aiden
I frown slightly, running my hand through my hair. "I've got work still..." I gesture back to the room. Phil was probably impatienting like hell by now, like the north easterner he is... "We could meet up some other time, if you're free," I propose with a slight smile.
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Thelios struggled for somthing to say, and watched as the rock skipped over the waves. He raised an eyebrow, having seen others do that before, but had never been able to do so before. He picke one up, and then tried to do so as well, but sighed as it only skipped once and then sunk under. "Hmph."
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Arabelle
I frowned, impatience coursing through me. I did not come this far just to fail.
I considered his next words, pulling my thin cover up firmly down.
"Meet... again?"
As in.... come.... back onto mainland? That was a scary thought. Almost as scaring as coming in the first place. But... if it got use what we needed...
"Okay." I smiled up at him. "Sun down, tomorrow? Same place?"

Andros
I raised a brow, watching him try to imitate my rock. His rock fell flat and I knelt down, picking up another.
"You need to find the right kind of rock," I instructed, showing him the smooth edges. "It's all in the wrist."
I flicked it, counting four skips before it plopped under.
"See?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Aiden
I raise an eyebrow slightly. She must be new... "It still gets cold at night around here. Especially by the water. How about in town? Tomorrow I get off at three." Another early early day... "I'll give you the tour around?" I ask, looking again back at the door, taking a half step back.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Arabelle
Around town?!?! I felt the blood drain from my face as I bit back my fear.
Town was the place where they all lived, right? Like our alcove under the rocks. Which meant... men... and lots of them.
"Okay," I replied quickly, too frightened to try and further negotiate with him.
I stepped toward the exit, thoughts racing as I tried to figure this all out. I wasn't necessarily going to go through with this. But for now I just wanted to leave. The sound of the distant waves were calling me and I I wanted to go back to my sisters. I needed to confer with them. I needed their thoughts.
"See you then."

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Aiden
"See you," I reply, unsure about her tone. Did I freak her out...? Sort of...seemed like it....
But I go through the door and back to the turtle, listening to Phil's off handed remarks about Arabelle as I have to put the creature back into the tank...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Arabelle
"Bye..." I watch him disappear back into his cave before rushing outside. The sea air washed over me, filling my senses and calming me slightly.
My eyes scanned the sea as I scampered toward it, slipping on falling on rocks and air alike. God, feet were so annoying.
Finally I made it to an empty, deserted shore and dived head first, the salty water greeting me. Relief filled me as my tail returned, allowing me to swim like hell back to my sisters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Anat
Swimming back and forth... Back... No, shouldn't bother her. Forth... But maybe I should just check...? Back.... Arabelle! What were you thinking?! Why...why did you do this? We said we'd plan. We said we'd do it safely...
I make a small sound of indecision, turning round again and heading for the shelter of our crevices. But then changing my mind and going back to head to the harbor....
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Arabelle
I flicked my tail, propelling myself faster through the water. That was... scary and exhilarating all at once.
"Anat?" I yelled, hoping she was near. I hope she was smart. I hope the men didn't catch her.
"Anat?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Anat
I hear my name. I hear Arabelle. I turn sharply again, looking through the murk and swimming quickly to her voice.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Arabelle
"Anat!" I tackled her, hugging her quickly before pulling away and looking her over. "Feet. Are. Wretched!"
I flicked my tail, glad to have it back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Anat
"Arabelle, why'd you /do/ that?!" I shake her shoulders slightly, my expression completely troubled and worried. "Stubborn, stubborn girl! Why would you leave like that?" I hug her again, the emotions making me shake slightly.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Arabelle
I gave a small laugh, out of breath as I kept her in the hug, trying to reassure her I was fine.
"I had to, Anat, I had to. But look-" I pull away. "I'm fine, see? They aren't /that/ bad. And I have a plan, we're going to meet again, me and the man."

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Anat
"You...You're going back?" The tone of disappointment to my voice bothered me. She was just... sustaining her immortality, right? But I had always thought we'd do it together, so we'd be there to protect one another. "To meet again?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:25 pm

Arabelle
"Maybe, I don't know." I frowned, biting my lip. "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know."
I wrapped my arms around myself, thinking about what had just happened as I swam back and forth. I stopped short, turning back to her.
"Come with me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Anat
I feel my stomach drop slightly, my face now reading fear and apprehension instead. "Arabelle, I dont know if I can..." I start saying hesitantly, shrinking back to the shelter of the cliffs below the lighthouse slightly. "I - I mean I...." No, I was busy stressing myself out all day... I should, just so we'd be safe in numbers. But still, it takes me a moment to sort out my thoughts, and as I do I stare down at my fin timidly. "...We should...practice legs? Its low tide...so the beach around the lighthouse is open...?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:58 pm

Anabelle

I grinned, swimming the distance and grabbing her hand, tugging her gently upward.
"It's not too bad once you get use to it. Just... one foot in front of the other."
I crinkle my nose.
"And watch out for rocks."
Alright, maybe this wasn't so intimidating after all. Strength in numbers, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Anat
At first I just drift along with her, but I steadily work up the will to swim with her. Just stick together and nothing can go wrong, right? We're strong enough, and in a place nearly built on water, we nearly always have an escape route available.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Wolf Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:42 am

Shelby frowned, watching the two and shook her head, thinking them both mad. She flicked her tail and dove deeper into the water, her tail sparkling once in a while as the sun caught rare blue scales within her dark green tale.

Thelios shook his head. "All I'm good at is fishing. Never any..." He had picked up another rock similar to his and had flicked his wrist and the rock skipped three times this time and went uder. Thelios shrugged and stood and brushed off the sand on his knees.
Rebel Wolf
Rebel Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Arabelle
I sent her a mischievous smile and shot up to the surface, bobbing with the waves as I made sure the coast was clear. Seeing that it was, I flicked my tail till it brought me to land and pulled myself out of the water with my arms.
After a moment of exhaustion I crinkled my nose, feeling my tail turn. "Come on, Anat," I called, sitting up and inspecting my legs.

Andros
I shrugged, watching his rock sink. "Well, you did it anyway." I brushed off the wet sand from my hand, and offered him it. "I'm Andros. You work on the docks?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Anat
So. I haven't been on land before. At all.
Again, I'm hesitant, but slowly I follow her path. My heart speeds when I feel the sandy bottom, pausing slightly to take a few calming breaths before going on. I bite my lip again, a slight tinge of pain from before, riding the waves closer until I was definitely beached, scotching myself to dry sand and watching my scales seeming to melt and my tail reform to legs.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Arabelle
I ran a hand curiously over my legs, staring at the odd shape before standing a tad wobbly.
"Right, like I said. Watch out for rocks, invisible or otherwise." I offered her my hand, pulling a cold wet strand of hair from my face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Anat
I take her offered hand, feeling the muscles moving oddly as I try to stand as she does. I stumble slightly, though with her support I can stay up, though I'm relying on her heavily. "So...What happened...before...?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Arabelle
I stumble slightly with her before I regain myself and held her up.
"Before?" I take a step forward, pulling her gently so she had to do the same. "Oh. A... man found me," I replied, looking toward the direction his cave was. "He thought I was ill. I guess I was, I couldn't use my legs. But I practiced when he was helping the turtles, the poor things. I tried to get him to the water, but he wouldn't." I frowned, looking toward her, "But he wants to meet tomorrow. Tomorrow, Anat, tomorrow my immortality will be more intact. Can you believe it? I don't know why we've been so scared. it's not /that/ bad." I went for another step forward. "I'm glad you are coming though."
I bit my lip, trying to hide the lingering fear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Anat
I walk shakily with her, watching my steps carefully for rocks, like she warned. Tomorrow... Then we won't have to go on land again for a while. I simply nod at her comment though, not trusting my voice to stay steady. All concentration going to simply standing.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next