the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Till Death Do Us Part

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Till Death Do Us Part - Page 4 Empty Re: Till Death Do Us Part

Post by Bells Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Grace glanced away, trying to figure out what exactly she should tell him. Chewing on her lip for a moment she glanced back at him, then shrugged a little.
"...its been off and on for years." She managed to say, her voice rather soft. "The last time.. I'm not exactly sure how I got caught.. but they've been chasing me for a few days now... after I escaped the last time."
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Ivy
I gave a small shrug, wrapping my arms around me and rubbing them. "I suppose..." I responded politely, though I was too creeped out to view the darkness as 'beautiful'.
"How did he do that? How did he save her? What was that glowing?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:07 am

Brendon gave a thoughtful nod, his brow furrowing slightly. "Do you have a safe place to stay?" He asked, glancing between her and Cal as if perhaps Cal would pipe up and say something. But, of course, he didn't. He just sat quietly and watched them converse, trying to figure out what was in his forest.

Mark glanced at her then gave a small smile. "It was his life force, he was giving her some of it. It'll regenerate in a few days, but until then he'll be a little unsteady and stuff. It's a thing you can master once you've learned how to control your 'powers' or whatever it is you think of it as. It's actually got a lot to it. The glowing is something only we can see, by the way. So don't expect others to."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:08 pm

I'm changing her name to Autumn, cause she's totally different than the Tunnel Ivy now. We can't have more of that Artemis situation here >.O

Autumn's eyes widened slightly and she turned, trying to catch glimpse of the others as they walked away. "What?!" She asked, turning back to face him. There was more to this than just seeing dead people? Well that's... not the least bit reassuring. "How do you know all this?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Mark smiled at her, amusement in his eyes at her reaction. "I've been doing this for a long time," he gave a slight shrug. "I know the ins and outs of being a mediator better than probably most any others that you meet."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:54 pm

"A what?" Autumn repeated, feeling a bit over her head. "What does that make me exactly? And there are others? This is common?" She shot off her questions nearly as fast as she could think them, her usual quite demeanor forgotten by this revelation. She had always thought she was a freak of nature, what did this mean about her now? What else was she wrong about?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Grace shook her head, also glancing to Cal before looking back at him. She bit her lip though, considering the fact that all he'd seen of her so far had been the weak, scared girl she'd become. Furrowing her brow a bit she squared her body with him, adding a bit of strength into her voice.
"No, I don't. But I've been doing okay..." She hesitated, not wanting to sound ungrateful. "...mostly. Thank-you again."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Mark blinked and took in her words before taking the questions one at a time. "It's not very common, but there are quiet a few that have the ability. Most are older than you and I and have mastered it in a way that they are now eternal beings. And you are a mediator, though you aren't as strong as you could be. Probably one of those that realized their powers at a young age and have been hiding from them. A mediator is an in between person." He stopped and looked at her. "One that can communicate with this life and the next. We are the guardians of those souls and this world."

Brendon gave a small nod and looked to Cal again. "You both have a place with my brother and I if you need to lie low for a while."

Cal shook his head. "I must protect my forest," he said urgently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Autumn
Holy...shitznits...
He might as well have just put on a Darth Vada mask and tell me he's my father, cause I'm a tad mind blown.
A thousand more questions popped into my head at once, demanding attention but I pushed them back and settled for just one.
"And... if I don't want this?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:26 am

Grace hesitated, then nodded slowly.
"I.. could use a place to hide for a bit..." She muttered, letting go of the short lived bit of pride she'd found.
Then she hesitated, glancing at Cal, a small frown tugging on her lips. "Are you sure...? I mean... they're out there..."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:37 am

Cal squared his shoulders and gave a small nod. "I'm sure," he said softly before stepping away from them. "That's all the more reason for me to stay," he shifted into his original wolf form, and ran off through the trees...literally.

Brendon watched him and sighed, then looked to Grace. "Don't worry, we'll see him again." He then put a gentle hand on the small of her back and led her forward until she began walking on her own, and dropped his hand.

Mark smirked and shook his head. "There ain't no cure, if that's what you're askin'," he said as he watched her, turning to walk again. "You can hide from it, like you have been...but I'll tell you what. You won't be able to hide for long. Sooner or later, you'll have to accept it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:11 am

Grace hesitated, but walked with him as he led her, picking up sped a bit when he dropped his hand. She couldn't help but worry about the other boy, Cal. After all, she knew first hand what .. they were capable of.
"... if you're sure." She murmured, glancing at Brandon. "... Thank-you again. This.. I can't thank you enough."
She couldn't help but wrap her arms around herself, her mind once again reminding her how she was acting, but at this moment she couldn't quiet bring herself to care about pride, she was just.... scared.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:23 am

Autumn
I frowned and bit my lip, watching him walk for a moment before running to catch up. "And if I don't?" I snuffed, a tad annoyed that my sense of choice about my own life was just blown out the window by a complete stranger. "And if I keep running, what? I'm going to drop dead or something? I never asked for this!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:05 am

Mark stopped again and looked at her, his face dead serious. "If you don't, those things that found Grace, will find you, and you'll find yourself in more pain than you can even imagine." His eyes were tight, as if he was talking from experience. "None of us asked for this, but it is what it is."

Brendon gave a small smile and nodded as he moved a bit closer to her, his eyes falling from her face and scanning the streets around them. "Don't worry about it, it's our job. 'sides, wouldn't want you getting into any more trouble."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:18 am

Autumn
I blinked, eyes hard as I stared at him, daring him to say he was serious. Well what got to her? Huh? And why am I learning this all now? If it's so big and dangerous, why hasn't someone come to me before? Why have I been alone this whole time?" The pent up anger at all of this started to make it's way into my words, but they were all fair enough questions. If I was going to be forced into this lot, then why hasn't someone been around to help me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:35 am

Mark looked at her and gave a tight smile. "I don't have all the reasons for why you've been alone. I'm sure it was the council's attempt at keeping us hidden. What got to Grace is called a Searcher. A creature from hell brought up to destroy souls. They enjoy taking the light from others, even as a spirit you can't escape their torture. If they catch you, they will torture you till your spirit leaves your body, then torture your spirit until its light disappears forever and you exist no more."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:44 am

Autumn
A small shiver rocked my body and wrapped my arms around myself to banish it. For a moment I couldn't find words, just stood there feeling like a dumb mute. "Y-you're lying," I accused weakly, even though something deep down told me he was not. "Are they still here now?" My eyes flashed around. "Am you safe? Am I safe?"
This was all like some horror film. Having my soul ripped out and tortured? who would do that to someone?
Ididn'twanttodie...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:47 am

Mark stared at her and gave a small nod. "They are everywhere, always looking for lost souls who have yet to find the gate. That is why we are here, to keep them at bay. And yes, you are safe as long as you are with me," he gave a somewhat soft smile, his eyes crinkling just slightly and bringing to light a scar at the corner of his eye. "I won't let anything hurt you, I promise." He held out his hand to her, ready to lead her home again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:53 am

Autumn
I started at his hand for a moment, unsure whether or not I should take it. Should I trust him? Would he hurt me? What was I going to do now, just sit around and wait for those ghastly creatures to find me? No. He seemed to know what he was talking about, weighing my odds, I'd probably have a better chance around him. I couldn't pass up possibly my only chance of survival.
"...I'm holding you to that," I grumbled, not taking his hand, but falling in by his side for the walk. I may have to rely on him, but I didn't have to give him my trust. That was earned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Mark gave a slight chuckle and moved so he was on the other side of her, putting himself between her and the forest. He walked with her in silence, his hands tucked into his pockets. When the finally reached her house he stood at the gate and waited for her to go inside, not actually entering the yard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Autumn

I stared at the house, the first floor window lit warmly with life and activity. They were probably all having dinner right now. I wondered if they were worried at all, or if they felt the bit of dread that was currently weighing on my mind. Probably not. I had been late before, and this neighborhood was pretty safe. I'd show up... eventually. And as far as they were concerned... spirits didn't exist. I was alone. I glanced up at Mark and blinked, realizing that statement wasn;t exactly true. Maybe... things were looking up now?
"Thanks," I murmured, opening the gate. "See you around?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Mark gave a small nod as he waited for her to go inside. "You will see better days," he said with a small smile. It was his attempt to reassure her, to give her hope, but...Mark wasn't exactly great at those types of things. Again, that was Brendon's department. Mark just killed the bad guys and saved the world from eternal damnation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:03 pm

Autumn
I blinked at his words, kinda... clinging to them, to the hope they gave me. I mean, he had to know what he was talking about... right? So if he said that... I'll be okay. I nodded back and stepped in, closing the door behind me and leaning against it with a sigh.
"...Mom, Dad, I'm home!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:52 am

Mark watched her go then looked around the shadows, making sure everything was clear. His eyes narrowed as he saw something edging closer to her house and he quickly disappeared into the shadows as well so as to stop whatever it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4