the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rivalry of the Animal People

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rivalry of the Animal People - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalry of the Animal People

Post by Black&White Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:16 pm

(...so Tay left... is this going to continue?)
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:14 pm

>> Hollo...?
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Im actually so excited for this chat..... can we try to keep it going...?
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 pm

agreed!
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:27 am

Sorry, I was grounded -_- I'll keep this going with you all
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:14 pm

well.... Rav, you posted latest... Unless we're waiting for PD?
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dragon Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Merp. Sorry guys, forgot about this. Guess we'll go on without Ella and Tay. I'm busy at the moment, but will scrap together a post tonight and try to keep this going. ^.^

Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dragon Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:45 am

((Had a power failure last night. =.=))

Koa

I smiled at everyone, tugged on my ear a bit, then started walking. So..nobody knows where we are going. We'll probably get lost. Seems rather fun though, since all we ever do nowadays is farm and take naps.

Star

I skipped alongside Koa, my tail gently brushing against the soft grass. Oh, I love this time of year. So pretty! Hate Winter, though... I watched the others as we walked through the woods, the midday sun rays peeking through the canopy of trees above, little birds and rodents skimmering around here and there. Though...the farther we walked, the fewer animals there seemed to be...

Linus (mkay...Tay left, so I guess we'll just erase all the Kai and Tori stuff))

My eyes flicker around the branches, taking in my old childhood friends. I could not help a small smirk. Not quite a smile...but close. Can't remember the last time I smiled.
I was slightly startled when Shizuka called back for us, but then nodded.
"Coming," I replied. I shifted to my animal form and sprinted forward, running toward shifter lands and hoping the others would follow.

If not, then that is their loss.

Amara

I rolled my eyes and zoomed after Linus and Shizuka. Why did these guys have to be so darn fast? I need bigger wings. Being a little bird is so useless.

Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Ivy followed the group, looking around at the scenery. Unlike herself, she moved toward the front, actually to the left of Koa, and found it very different. "It's nice to do something else besides just sitting around." Her voice was soft, very much like her.

Eagle took off in a rush of golden and black feathers. His species, bird wise anyway, were fast and strong. They were reckless if wild and a bit big. He flew along, dodging trees and branches.

Last edited by Eagle on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Shizuka

Eagle flew off, faster than I. I was simply more like a glider, and I had learned not to waste energy with speed. Take the time to see where you're going to avoid any unnecessary accidents. Amara was closer to my pace, even though she was a eighth of my wing span. Linus ran on underneath us, no doubt comfortable with his meal in his stomach...

Flint
I smile, shifting to my weasel form to slink along stealthily. Weaving through the branches of the ground, not being hindered by bushes and tangles, I kept up well enough with the others. Didn't much seem many wanted to talk to me, which was fine. I merely listen to the conversations going on around me.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:21 am

Briar: I sort of trailed along a few steps behind everyone else tail swishing absently behind me as i walked, staring around at all the pretty things in the forest. My attention span was rather short and every time something moved or the light shifted i HAD to stare at it. Soooooo many distractions.... it was a wonder i managed to stay with the group at all.

Wren: Everyone was leaving..... not one to be left behind, especially on such a crucial mission, i launched myself into the air, flying swiftly to catch up with the others and staying close once i had done so. I was desperately hoping that tonight i might actually be able to go to sleep with a full stomach.

Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:54 am

Name: Glenn
Image or Detailed Description:Rivalry of the Animal People - Page 3 Angry-teenage-boy-
Shifting Form:Rivalry of the Animal People - Page 3 3898480415_d0c8f37045_z
Outsider or Shifter?: Shifter
Other: N/A

Name: Jasmine
Image or Detailed Description:Rivalry of the Animal People - Page 3 Hair,girl,nature,beautiful,ginger,girl,red,hair-40cd5c206f2a500f2c013f3d046c1652_h
Shifting Form:Rivalry of the Animal People - Page 3 Enhanced-buzz-15352-1260209758-204
Outsider or Shifter?: Outsider
Other:

((Jay said I could join, so I figured I'd make my charries then go over what all has happened, read it, ya know)
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Glenn

My eyes followed the small group with amusement, tail flickering back and forth as I wondered if they even noticed I wasn't with them. Well, it wasn't like I was the kind to join these kind of things normally, I'd rather be left alone but...

Honestly, at the moment any excuse to leave camp sounded like a good one. If it meant hanging with them for awhile, so be it. Running after them swiftly, I started to shift, planning some kind of smooth greeting along the lines of 'guess you didn't think to invite me...' and then...

I tripped.

Tumbling head over heels for a moment, I ended up laying flat on my back, staring up at the sky a bit dazed. Well.. that was embarrassing. All smoothness gone I sat up, rubbing my neck a bit sheepishly.

"Uh...um... hi."

Jasmine

I couldn't decide if this was the worst idea in the world, or the best. After all, there wasn't anything left for us here, no food, no friends or family or whatever you wanted to call the other outsiders. Even if you did have them, it wasn't as if it was something close. It was hard to be close when you fight each other, kill each other, for every little scrap of food. Of course, I won that fight, but still, that's besides the point.

When the others started moving, I didn't hesitate. Following the best I could in human form, it would be quicker than traveling through the trees as I'd considered. I needed to keep track of the others, and that wouldn't work in my other form.

So, as silently as I could, I left the only home that I really knew... for something I had no hint as to what would be like. Although... It couldn't be much worse than this.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Flint
I peek over, chittering a little laugh. Haven't seen Glenn around in a while. He was more my speed of things. Except with the tripping, obviously... I slink up on a fallen log, looking down at him, for once, in my animal form. A very rare event, indeed...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dragon Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Koa

We all walked along for a bit, the scenery around us slowly changing. Trees were getting more swamplike, water was more scarce, and even the animals didn't seem to be hanging around. Could we be near outsiders? Their place kinda sucks...
I glanced over at Ivy and nodded in agreement. "Yup. Sometimes ya just got to get out there and explore."

I then noticed Glenn tumbling after us, and couldn't help a small grin.
"Come to join the party?"

Star

I trailed away from Koa, until I was back by Briar and a few of the others, gawking at all the nature. It's all so different! I couldn't help a small giggle at Glenn, and went over to him and Flint.
"How smooth..."

Linus

Running. That's all most of this day has consisted of. Me running through the trees, various animals alongside me, most of them birds. I saw Jasmine catch up with us, and slowed my pace for her to trail along.

The trees around us seem to transform. They grow larger, more fertile. These trees actually have leaves, and green ones at that. I swear that I even saw a rat skitter by. We are getting closer...
Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:55 pm

Shizuka

Trees were getting thick, hard for even me to fly through. I didn't know how Eagle managed. I circle in a small clearing to the ground before diving, then swooping up last minute to slow myself. I shift, still in air just a small distance from the grass, before crouching on my legs to absorb the small fall. The /grass/...
I stand fully, folding my small leathery wings in, ears sharp out of habit in case of any attack or ambush. Maybe because I wasn't flying or running, so there was less sound to interfere. But...I swore I heard laughter from somewhere.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Glenn

Face red I straightened myself, looking around with a bit of interest. I mean, I'd just been kinda following them without really thinking about where I was. Furrowing my brow a bit, I dragged myself up to my feet and rubbed my neck a bit more.

"Um, yeah, that sounds good," I muttered, glancing between everyone. "Question is, where are you going? I was following in case it was somewhere fun... but this... looks like close to outsider territory..."

Jasmine

Through the trees I spotted someone landing ahead, and after a few more moments I slowed myself, realizing it was Shizuka. Not exactly wanting to be left on my own with her, I cast my gaze around for anyone else nearby. After all, it wasn't really best to be left alone with any of the other outsiders, let alone all the way out here near shifter territory.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:03 am

((Sorry my computer has been having problems...I'm on another now))

Eagle had landed and shifted to his human form, golden wings out. He felt his heart race at the thought of shifter territory. He looked at the others, guessing they felt the same way.

Ivy shrugged, not knowing if they wanted her to say. "Well...use your mind I guess." She shifted, her whiskers scenting what little scents there were now.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Finn

I shift as well as the group pauses, balancing in a squat upon the log. "Just an excuse to get out," I answer Glenn. At least for me. There was that flower thing before... But it's not like we'd find it getting closer to shifter territory.

Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dragon Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:44 am

Koa

I nodded at the others. "Yeah. Just decided to wander for a bit, instead of lazing around all day..." I noticed Star glance at me, and quickly added, "Course, we might stumble across the rare healing flower thing."
I watches everyone for a while then continued the walk, glad that Glenn could join us. The more the merrier, right? Even though he's kinda a klutz. I find it funny...

Then I paused, taking a step back as we all entered a clearing. There was a girl. A girl I have never seen before, standing on the very edge of the shifter territory, a huge expanse of outsider land behind her. I got there just in time to see her pull black, leathery wings to her back.
Hopefully she doesn't see me...

I shot a quick glance to everyone behind me, and mouthed,"Outsider".

...She doesn't seem all that bad. She seems...well...like us. Just a normal shifter, except skinner and more wild looking.

Around her I saw other outsiders making their way in, some sort of large cat prowling in, his eyes locking onto me.

Star

I grinned and kept walking, only to bump right into Koa's back.
Why did he stop? I managed to take a peek from behind him and saw what he was looking at.
Oh. Uhm. I really don't want to get eaten...Maybe we should turn back...

Linus

I walked into the clearing, right behind Shizuka and Jasmine, the grass soft and welcoming to my rough paws. I could already tell the difference between this place and home. So much green. It was like I was blind before, and my eyes just now find colour.

I study the surroundings, shifting into my human form, eyes locked onto a figure in the woods.
...a shifter? Have they been watching us? Come to kick us back to where we supposedly belong?
I stay silent, my eyes narrowed. Never met a shifter before. They could be different than what the others say.

Amara

I finally flew into this big clearing after a while, making the mistake of flying right into the middle.
Grass! Look at it! It's not...dead! So weird.
I slowly shift to my human form, golden hair falling all around me and large, yellow wings spread out.
But then I notice that there's this guy in front of me. He looks different. All buff and healthy, instead of the skinny people I'm used to seeing.
I back up, staying close to Shizuka.

I might not really trust the outsiders, but I'd rather trust them than some random spoiled shifter.

"...We need food," I snap simply, licking my chapped lips.
Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Shizuka

I hiss at Amara, grabbing the younger girl's arm and ushering her behind me forcefully. Afterword my wings spread slightly, if only in instinct, in a move to both make me seem bigger and protect the others. Linus was the only one older than I, Jasmine just a bit younger. As Amara just pointed out, we weren't in any shape for a fight, but if there was one I'd prefer being the one left behind to allow the others to escape. Spare the younger ones, and they needed Linus as a leader. There wasn't a way we'd get anywhere without his experience.

Flint
My ears picked up a sudden pause of our group, a harsh snap of some words that I couldn't pick up and a threatening hiss. My tail flicks just slightly to keep my balance upon the log as I stand, looking off to where the others had disappeared to. My eyes snap back down to Glenn, conveying a message of possible threat, as I offer a hand to help him up.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Glenn
I took his hand, getting the rest of the way up and glancing towards the others. Freezing my eyes went huge as I picked up on the sound of someone else's voice nearby. If it wasn't our group... then well...
"Hey, what's going on?" I asked, then shifted so that I could slip past the others with my usual tact.
Nose twitching I stuck my head between a couple of legs, and froze once again.
...Outsiders.

Jasmine--

My eyes located the others and I stopped behind them, hearing unfamilar sounds. Hesitating just slightly I stayed in human form, wondering what I should do now. Making up my mind I slipped to the outskirts of our group, eyeing the Shifters with a bit of uneasiness. They were unfamilar, and therefore unpredicable. Tensing up slightly I glanced between both of our groups, trying to prepare for anything.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Wren: When i finally caught up and landed, it hit me. All the green, all the colour, all the life. I could have spent hours just taking it all in. However.... something was wrong. There were other people here, people i didnt recognize. People who looked healthy, strong, well fed. Shifters. Well.... wasnt this just fantastic. We were probably all screwed now. Oh well.... at least i'd die somewhere nice.

Briar: Instantly, all other distractions meant nothing. Because everyone else had stopped and, peeking over their shoulders, i could see why. A raggedy group of shifters stood in our path. But they werent from home.... and then Koa indicated that they were outsiders..... werent outsiders supposed to be all evil and crap? These guys kinda just looked desperate. Not to mention all skinny and weak.... not much of a threat, at least not yet..... i wondered how Koa was going to handle this. Was there gonna be a fight?
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dragon Fri May 04, 2012 4:02 pm

((Sorry, I've been busy.))

Linus

Damn it, Amara. Saying something like that is stupid. Could make them realize our weakness, and try to exploit it.
I steal a glance at Shizuka, reading from her stance that she's ready to fight. Most of the others didn't seem as battle ready. They were either too hungry, too weak, or probably having lost the will to live from what we have been through.

I grabbed Amara and yanked her to the back of the group, not too gently, but enough to get my point across. Not that I have anything against her, but she's just a little yellow bird. At least some of the other flying creatures in our group have talons or sharp beaks, or pointy teeth in Shizuka's case.

I scan the shifter group, feeling my tail drag across the soft, strange green grass, a low, threatening growl making its way through my throat.

I know we came here to...maybe settle down in a better place. But if things get ugly and the shifters turn out to be untrustworthy, the least we can do is grab as much food as we can and get out of here.

Amara

I yelped a bit, shooting a sharp glare at Linus when he pushed me to the back of the group. What was that for! We came here for food, right? So I told them we needed food. No big deal. These shifters don't even look that tough, anyway...

Koa

I frowned, standing my ground when a couple of the outsiders glared at us. Don't tell me they are going to attack... I mean, we might be bigger and healthier, but we aren't nearly as brutal and savage as they are. Or so I've heard.

I took a tentative step forward, ready to shift if they attacked.
These guys...this whole group are my friends. My family. And one day, they'll be my tribe. Gotta protect them.

So I stayed silent, one of my big ears twitching at the growls. That outsider guy in the front seems familiar...

Star

I made a little nervous noise, half a laugh and half a sigh. Oh, I've heard all kinds of stories. Shifters getting torn apart, eaten alive, having their tails, ears, or wings cut off...
Then there's that one story, that outsiders like to drain our blood and bathe in it...
Or the one that they make beds out of our hair....
Or where they make jewelry out of our eyeballs and guts and stuff...
Okay, so maybe all the rumors are a liiitle bit crazy. I mean, they didn't look bloody. They didn't have eyeball necklaces, or look crazy.

Instead...they look...kinda sad. I mean, you can almost see their bones, only protected by a thin layer of skin. Some of 'em were kinda muscular, but other than that...they just looked kinda ill.

I chewed on my lip and nervously tugged at my hair, but managed to take a step forward. "Uhm...hi...lovely day out..." I mumbled, crouching down and picking off a few berries off a close raspberry bush.

I rolled the berries to them, eyeing them nervously. That one birdy girl said they're hungry...and even though I'm really scared right now, it's worth a try, right? Better have them eat the berries then have them try to eat me...

Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Fri May 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Eagle stared the shifters down, his sharp raptor eyes doing the trick. He stayed in his golden eagle form and in a tree, just in case the shifters attacked.

Ivy shifted back to her human form, showing they weren't wanting to fight. If they fought...well she'd shift and fight of course. Ivy didn't like to fight, but it was to protect the others and herself. She looked at the members of the outsiders, than back at her friends.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next