the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NaNoWriMo Character Chat

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

NaNoWriMo Character Chat Empty NaNoWriMo Character Chat

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Hey everyone! *Waves* Tis Autumn (whentherainfalls) here, making her very first Character Chat Smile As annoying as they can be, I am glad to see that someone has created a site where we can leave Inkpop to itself, and Character Chat without anyone headdesking, hitting their heads on walls, screaming in frustration, etc. Bear with me as I try to learn the basics of Character Chatting.

This Character Chat is designed for those of you participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) this November. As NaNo has not started yet, this Chat will give you the chance to connect with your characters, and develop them before we start to write on the 1st. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know Wink

Character Bio:

Book Title:
Name:
Species (if your novel is paranormal, science fiction, etc.):
Description (outer):
Personality:

My Character Bio:

Book Title: The Keeper
Name: Seleste
Species: Human
Description: Average height, blonde hair, pale skin, and green eyes.
Personality: Quiet around those outside of her family, Seleste has never been considered as the outgoing, life of the party type of girl. Though usually silent, once getting to know her, she opens up a little more, even if it takes her awhile to get used to situations. When she puts her mind to something, she sticks with it, and sees it through to the end.

Let's Chat, Character Chatters!

Back to top Go down

NaNoWriMo Character Chat Empty Re: NaNoWriMo Character Chat

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:55 pm

Book Title: At the point of no return
Name: Elegance Payne
Species (if your novel is paranormal, science fiction, etc.): Human, but in the land of the dead as a spirit-type person
Description (outer):Slightly curly brunette hair, brown eyes, slight tan
Personality: somewhat stuck up at times, lazy, but with a mildly kind heart and a well controled urge to help people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:14 pm

Hey, Jordan Smile

Shall we start chatting? I'm new to this sort of thing, so where do the characters start? Do they just start talking, or is there some description as to where they are, etc.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:17 pm

whentherainfalls wrote:Hey, Jordan Smile

Shall we start chatting? I'm new to this sort of thing, so where do the characters start? Do they just start talking, or is there some description as to where they are, etc.?
Hi! I'm not really sure... I havent participated in many character chats XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:35 pm

Well then, I suppose we can start it however we want Smile

Seleste: Looking around the library, I notice a girl standing only a few feet away from me. Her eyes meet mine for a few seconds, but she turns away, embarrased. Shoving my nose in the book I was holding, I try to avoid her continuous sideways glances. I wish that my life would go back to normal I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:40 pm

whentherainfalls wrote:Well then, I suppose we can start it however we want Smile

Seleste: Looking around the library, I notice a girl standing only a few feet away from me. Her eyes meet mine for a few seconds, but she turns away, embarrased. Shoving my nose in the book I was holding, I try to avoid her continuous sideways glances. I wish that my life would go back to normal I think.

Elegance: I tried to ignore the other girl in the library and wipe the embarassment off my face. I flipped open the book, looking at pictures of the dead. I still wasnt accustom to being... awake... again. Had I really just been sleeping all that time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:45 pm

My eyes scanned the words on the page, but it was as if my brain wasn't getting the connection. I frowned at my incapability to pay attention. Focus on researching, Seleste, I told myself. Don't think about school, the random girl, just researching...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:47 pm

whentherainfalls wrote:My eyes scanned the words on the page, but it was as if my brain wasn't getting the connection. I frowned at my incapability to pay attention. Focus on researching, Seleste, I told myself. Don't think about school, the random girl, just researching...
Elegance: I glanced over, making sure she wasnt looking, and pulled my cell phone out of my pocket, taking a picture of the page. They probably wouldn't like someone without a library card checking out suspicious books. And I couldn't leave a trace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:50 pm

Slamming the cover of the book across the torn pages, I shoved it onto the shelf, and attempted to rush back to the shelving cart before anyone noticed I was missing, when I saw the mysterious girl taking a picture of the book she was holding. What is she doing?, I couldn't help but wonder.

"Do you need any help?" I asked hesitantly. "I work here, if you ever have any questions about something."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:52 pm

whentherainfalls wrote:Slamming the cover of the book across the torn pages, I shoved it onto the shelf, and attempted to rush back to the shelving cart before anyone noticed I was missing, when I saw the mysterious girl taking a picture of the book she was holding. What is she doing?, I couldn't help but wonder.

"Do you need any help?" I asked hesitantly. "I work here, if you ever have any questions about something."

Elegance: Drat. "No, I'm fine, thanks," I said, scrambling to put my phone back in my pocket and smiled. It felt fake. I huriedly put the book back up on the shelf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Titling my head to the side, I tried to wipe away the confused expression on my face. She fumbled with her phone, placed it back in her pocket, and smiled at me.

Somehow, I could tell that that smile was forced.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "It gets kind of boring around here, shelving books all day. I'd be more than willing to help."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:56 pm

whentherainfalls wrote:Titling my head to the side, I tried to wipe away the confused expression on my face. She fumbled with her phone, placed it back in her pocket, and smiled at me.

Somehow, I could tell that that smile was forced.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "It gets kind of boring around here, shelving books all day. I'd be more than willing to help."

Elegance: Well, it was a win win situation. She'd either leave or help me. Or call the cops. Hopefully not the third. "I was wondering," I paused, swallowing. "Do you have any books on Hell?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:59 pm

What the heck does she want to know about hell? I asked myself.

With a small smile, I motioned for the girl to follow. "We don't have too many books on the subject, but if you want, I can show you the ones that we do have."

I couldn't help but wonder if she was different. If she was different like me.

Who was I kidding? She probably didn't know the first thing about being different, let alone, sacrificing yourself for the good of the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by natashangel Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Book Title: Forever
Name: Issabella
Species (if your novel is paranormal, science fiction, etc.): human with the ability to communicate with the dead through writing
Description (outer):long black curly hair, green eyes, pale skin,
Personality: shy, caring, guarded
natashangel
natashangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Hey, Natasha Smile Welcome to the chat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:05 pm

whentherainfalls wrote:What the heck does she want to know about hell? I asked myself.

With a small smile, I motioned for the girl to follow. "We don't have too many books on the subject, but if you want, I can show you the ones that we do have."

I couldn't help but wonder if she was different. If she was different like me.

Who was I kidding? She probably didn't know the first thing about being different, let alone, sacrificing yourself for the good of the world.
Elegance: I smiled. I'd gotten lucky. She apparently wasnt calling the cops, so I trailed after her. I needed to know how to get Oliver off my tail. If that ment sending him back to that abyss, I would.

Back to top Go down

Post by natashangel Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Issabella: I walk into the library and see two girls standing talking. At first I wonder if they're friends, but immediatley feel the tension and guess otherwise. I absentmindly start to finger my charm bracelet and look around, trying to find what im looking for, whatever that is.
natashangel
natashangel

Back to top Go down

Post by natashangel Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Hello Smile
natashangel
natashangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:07 pm

Pulling a few books off of a nearby bookshelf, I whipped through a couple pages and placed the book under the crook of my arm. Finding another, I repeated the process.

"Here's a few books," I said, handing them to the girl. "I don't know if they'll help with um...what you're looking for or not, but those are the recently written ones. I can find some older ones, if you'd like."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:09 pm

natashangel wrote:Issabella: I walk into the library and see two girls standing talking. At first I wonder if they're friends, but immediatley feel the tension and guess otherwise. I absentmindly start to finger my charm bracelet and look around, trying to find what im looking for, whatever that is.

Turning around, I see another girl standing by. She looks at the two of us awkwardly, as if trying not to interrupt, but after nodding at the one who I had handed the books to, I approached her. If this is supposed to help with overcoming my shyness, Mom, it's obviously working

"Can I help you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:11 pm

whentherainfalls wrote:Pulling a few books off of a nearby bookshelf, I whipped through a couple pages and placed the book under the crook of my arm. Finding another, I repeated the process.

"Here's a few books," I said, handing them to the girl. "I don't know if they'll help with um...what you're looking for or not, but those are the recently written ones. I can find some older ones, if you'd like."
Elegance. These should work fine. "Thanks," I said, opening one of the pages and frowning a little. Flames. Darn shame. I'd hoped for something more.. realistic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:14 pm

(I g2g, I've got a lot of writing to do tonight =P)

Back to top Go down

Post by natashangel Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:16 pm

"Ummmm. Ahhhhh. I dont think so. I mean, I think i can find it kinda." I stare at the floor and finger my bracelet more rapidly.
natashangel
natashangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:21 pm

(Hey, I'm not positive I'm using this story for Nano, but can I still test out a character?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Book Title: Up Your Average Ass
Name: Luke Artwood
Species (if your novel is paranormal, science fiction, etc.): Human(much to his chagrin)
Description (outer): About 6'3, brown, wavy hair, brown eyes, pale skin. Slightly muscular but slim think of a surfer's or swimmer's body.

Personality:
He's gentleman-y, shy, has an inferiority complex, and he's very caring. But he has a lot of repressed anger as well. It seems to be coming out a lot lately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next