the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Village

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Village - Page 5 Empty Re: The Village

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:36 pm

Peter jumped and looked over at her. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." He said, his voice quiet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Artemis sighed and opened the screen, tying her robe tight and slipping through "I was already awake"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Peter watched her carefully. "You were? Why? It's still early."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Artemis grimaced and looked to the sky "sleep hasn't come easily to me as of late. and you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Peter stood and took his jacket off, wrapping it around her. "I was..thinking." I was sitting infront of your window to keep watch over you, looking like a stalker. He watched her. "You'll catch your death out here in just that." He murmered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Artemis retreating into the material gratefully, the smell of him cocooning her "And you'll catch yours if you go" she whispered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Peter chuckled as he watched her. "I'm wearing more than just a nightgown." He brushed her hair from her face and sighed. "The Elders said no." His voice was quiet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Artemis couldn't help the relieved sigh from escaping her lips "are you okay?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Peter gave a small nod. "As ok as one could be, I guess." He watched her carefully. "I just don't understand why we can't try. If we don't try, then we'll never know. We might be able to make it to the towns and back with medicines enough to cure the Anderson boy and others when they come down with sickness."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:16 pm

"fear over rules reason. And it's just too dangerous" Artemis rubbed her head, glad he wasn't leaving

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Peter watched her carefully. "Are you alright?" He asked wrapping an arm around her, just incase she decided to fall over or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Artemis leaned into his arms, sleep finally coming to her. "mhm. it's just been a long week..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:36 pm

Peter sighed, picking her up and carrying her back inside to her bed. When the sun had finally come out, Peter jumped as he heard a scream. He raced outside, a terrible oder over powering him. He looked around, finding the small livestock in the same state the dogs had been in, scattered all over the village.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Artemis startled awake and raced outside, falling to her knees and shaking as she took in the sight around her. my god.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Peter turned and quickly helped her up, Cillia coming to the door, her eyes wide. She put a shakey hand to her mouth, blinking back tears of fear.
Peter took them both back inside. "Why don't you make breakfast." he murmered in an attempt to try and distract them. "I'm going to go help. I'll bring Henry back."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Artemis sat in the corner, shaking slightly as she stared at peter with dead eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Peter watched her and got down to her level. "It's going to be ok. I promise." He said, then got up and went out to help clean things up.

Cillia was rushing around, needing something to keep her mind busy, accidently knocking things off of counters and such as she went.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Artemis stayed dead for a little until Cillia's clumsiness brought her out of it. She bent down and picked up a knocked over candle "here," she murmured

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:08 pm

Cillia gave a small, trembling smile. "Thanks." She took it and put it away then went back to trying to get breakfast ready, her trembling hands dropping most everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Artemis continued to help her pick up what she dropped, fear filling her as her thoughts drifted to what had happened. how could they make it through undected(sp?)? how come they are all still alive?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Peter came back with Henry a while later, both sober in expression. "We've come home. The Elders are going to meet with everyone today, individually. See if anyone saw anything."

Cillia jumped when they came through the door. She dropped whatever was in her hand and ran to Henry, hugging him tightly, tears pouring down her cheeks. Henry looked around and looked at Peter who just gave a small nod. Henry relaxed and wrapped his arms around her, comforting her. Peter walked into the kitchen and helped Artemis pick things up. "Are you alright?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:27 pm

"I am fine" she whispered "and you? was it just the... livestock?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:31 pm

Peter gave a small nod. "Just the small livestalk. Like the chickens. Piglets. Things like that." He set about making breakfast. "Like I said, the Elders are going to be talking to everyone one on one to see if anyone saw anything."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Artemis went to help him "why individually though?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:40 pm

"So that stories aren't being skewed. So people aren't eaves dropping. Apparently it makes you feel more comfertable." Peter muttered as he lit the burners on the stove and put the pans on, cracking a few eggs inside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next