the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Village

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Village - Page 2 Empty Re: The Village

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:07 pm

"Yes, they left an hour ago." Peter said as he helped them all out. "They left warnings though." The door was open, red painted across it. "It's like that on all the doors that were closed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Artemis shivered "what does it mean?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:11 pm

"I'm not sure." Peter said and gathered the children around him. "Come on, I'll walk you home."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Artemis consented, letting him lead her back. they approached her house and she froze- the front door was open.. it didn't possess a mark
"Mother! Father!" she screamed, placing down the children so she could run into her home

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:24 pm

Peter rushed the children to their parents and went over to Artemis's house, following her inside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:25 pm

"mother? father?" the house was covered in red, though it wasn't paint. She fell to her knees "no!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:32 pm

Peter walked over to her and pulled her up by her shoulders, keeping an arm around her. Mr. Walker, one of the Elders frowned. "Get her out of here." He told Peter. He gave a nod, leading her from the house as the Elders took care of the bodies, making sure to try and avoid the mamed dogs, their necks twisted back and their bodies stripped of their fur, flies already on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Artemis felt herself be led away but she didn't care. Tears fell down her face at a steady stream. her parents were dead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:37 pm

Peter took her back to his house, not really knowing where else to take her.
"What happened?" Cillia asked looking worried.
"Her parents must have not heard the bell." Peter muttered. Cillia's hands flew to her mouth before she rushed off and grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around Artemis, then rushed off to make some tea, her heart thudding, eyes watering. Peter led her to a bench and held her close, not exactly sure what else to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Artemis stayed limp in his arms, the night passing by in blur. she wasn't really present away, not for the stream of condolences or the funeral that was sure to follow.
(this artemis is going to be strong willed btw. I'm determined to make it happen at least once O.o)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:45 pm

As the days passed, Cillia let Artemis stay in her room with her. Peter had gone back to his post, Cillia going back to the fields to help harvest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:49 pm

Artemis emerged from the house, for once her eyes were clear and not puffy as she stared up at the sky, lost for words

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:04 am

Cillia came walking back to fetch lunch for Peter and looked at Artemis and gave her a small smile. "How are you feeling?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:13 am

"better" Artemis admitted ".. thank you. for everything"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:17 am

Cillia gave a small smile and hugged her. "Of course. You're welcome to stay with us as long as you'd like." She pulled back and looked at her. "Would you like to help me get lunch to Peter?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:21 am

Artemis nodded "okay." she looked around, just seeing everything for the first time 'how did everyone else.. fair.. that night?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:32 am

Cillia watched her and bit her lip slightly. "Everyone else was fine. Lost all the dogs though. Their necks were twisted back and they were stripped of their fur from the top of the neck down."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:37 am

Artemis quivered biting her lip at that information ... her parents had faired a very similar fate "right" she choked "poor dogs"

(I just realized I just totally screwed with the plot. you had never said if it was the elders or not. O.o I am so sorry. I just assumed)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:48 am

(It's totally fine ^.^ it's what makes it interesting..because it could still be the Elders)

Cillia watched her and sighed. She set down the bread and gave Artemis a hug. "It's not the dogs we're worried about." She said as she rubbed her back. "The dogs mean nothing. We're just greatful for the time we have."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:50 am

(oh dear O.o)
Artemis worried her lip and nodded, picking up the bread "we going to go?" she asked a bit briskly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:55 am

Cillia sighed and gave a small nod. "Yes. Here, the bread goes in this basket." She held up the dark colored basket with a blue and white checkered cloth so she could put it in. She then added some cheese and a few slices of dried meat and covered it up and held out her arm to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:11 am

Artemis took it, silently falling in besides her. the bread smelled good... she hadn't eaten in days..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:15 am

"We'll take this to Peter, then get something ourselves, don't you think?" Cillia asked as they walked towards one of the towers. They soon found themselves below and Cillia looked up at the ladder, biting her lip. She really hated heights. "Peter, we brought you lunch."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:16 am

Artemis looked up, waiting for him to come down. She was rather hungry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:19 am

Peter opened the hatch and poked his head through. "Well, bring it up Cillia. You know I'm not suppose to come down till my shift is over."
Cillia chewed her lip as she stared at the ladder. "Can't you just come down enough to grab the basket? I mean, it's not like you're touching the ground."
"cillia."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next