the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntscroft...Your Seemingly Average Town

4 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Huntscroft...Your Seemingly Average Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Huntscroft...Your Seemingly Average Town

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Shannon nodded slightly, "Well, you definitely know what you're going to do with your future." Then she heard another voice not far away, shouting her name angerly. She knew who it was. Kyle. "Shit." She swore quietly, cringing. She hadn't expected him to follow her. Now what?

Ben shrugged casually, "I don't know. You seem like the type of gal who'd like horses better."

Stephanie nodded her head to answer that question, but pointed down at what she found, hoping he would get the hint to look. She had unfortunately forgotten her notepad, so now she was stuck in this mess.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Location : When the time comes, you shall know. But for now, simply watch the destruction that I can cause from afar.

Back to top Go down

Huntscroft...Your Seemingly Average Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Huntscroft...Your Seemingly Average Town

Post by ShaneColton Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Landon heard the voice, and looked over at Shannon to see that her face had paled. "Shannon? What's going on? Did that guy bruise your face?" A protective feeling went through him. He couldn't let anyone hurt his new found friend.

"I am. Horses are..amazing." AJ blushed and finished her coffee. "But, I'll probably never get out of this crappy town."

Mitch looked to where she was pointing. He caught a glimpse of what looked like...a bumper? He jumped off the rocks and ran into water, diving down the the door of the car. A man lay inside and Mitch pulled him out through the window, dragging him to shore.

ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Shannon looked over at Landon, her blue eyes wide now. "Yes, and he's definitely the last person I want to see." She answered quickly. She ran a hand through her hair, trying to think of what to do, where to go, causing her hood to slip off her head. Like it mattered now anyway.

Ben's smile reduced as he finished his coffee as well, "You never know, it might happen someday."

Stephanie hadn't expected someone was actually in the car. It looked as if it had been there for a while, but apparently, she was wrong and she felt guilty for it. She hopped off the rocks hurriedly to join them on the sand, her body language showing she hoped the man was all right.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Location : When the time comes, you shall know. But for now, simply watch the destruction that I can cause from afar.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Landon grimaced. "Come with me. I have an apartment, and he won't find you." He held out his hand, hoping she would take he. He just wanted to protect her for some reason.

"Doubt it," AJ said quietly. She stood. "Um, I should go...Gotta be at work soon."

When Mitch brought the man to shore, he noticed that the man had been dead for at least 24 hours. He sighed and ran a hand through his wet hair, looking up at the girl. "It's too late. Way too late."
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:36 pm

Shannon took his hand without hesitation. In her current situation, she wasn't about to debate whether she truly could trust him or not.

Ben tipped his hat again with a smile, "Well, maybe I'll see you 'round."

Stephanie's eyes were downcast as her hands clasped together. What now? She mouthed, not caring if she seemed like a freak to him.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Landon set a fast pace to his apartment and quickly pulled her inside. "You can crash here. I have a guest room." She had seemed to trust him so far, which was good.

"Hope so." AJ told him with a smile. She left the cafe and headed to the local bar where she worked as a bartender. Hopefully, she would see him later.

Mitch furrowed his brow, and then realized she must be deaf. He quickly signed, We need to go to the police.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Shannon sighed in relief, "Thank you." She wouldn't know what to do if she had to go back to his place.

Ben paid for his coffee before deciding to find somewhere to stay. Hopefully, he could find a motel around here.

Stephanie looked at him confused before mouthing, Not deaf. Mute.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:03 pm

"No problem." Landon walked into his kitchen and opened the fridge. "What is your beverage of choice?"

AJ walked into the bar and changed into small tight jean shorts, high heels, and a low cut tank top. She hated her job, hated showing so much of herself to drunk people.

Mitch looked embarrassed. "Sorry. I just assumed...Sorry. I'm Mitch, by the way."
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Shannon took off her jacket, showing the gray tank-top she had worn underneath. "Um, water would be fine." She replied, now feeling a little uncomfortable, not because of Landon, but because of this situation.

Ben eventually found a decent motel, paid for a room, and received his key. Except he wasn't planning on staying there. He felt like getting a drink or two. It seemed like no one in this town would care about much anyway. He remembered seeing a bar over by the cafe earlier...and that's where he was headed.

Stephanie smiled softly, but briefly, to assure him she didn't mind all that much, Stephanie.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 pm

Landon grabbed a bottle of water and a can of Mountain Dew, and walked back over to her. "Look, I know this might be a little uncomfortable, but I figure it's better than staying with the guy who hurt you. And just so you know, I'm not gonna like try anything." He smiled and sat on the couch, popping open the can of soda.

AJ had quite a few customers, but most were pervs who rubbed her leg as she went by. It made her skin crawl, but she put on a smile and played the part. She was hoping that Ben wouldn't see her like this, but hey. A woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do.

Mitch smiled, trying his best not to do anything embarrassing. "Um, so I guess we should go to the cops?"
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Shannon smiled lightly, "Yeah, I really appreciate it." She opened the bottle of water and took a sip as she sat next to him on the couch. "I can't believe I dealt with him for so long..."

Ben strolled into the bar, and went up to the counter, noticing that AJ worked there, but he hated how disrespectful some men were looking at her, like she was a piece of meat.

Stephanie nodded, and glanced down at the man's body for a second, That would be good.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:35 pm

"You can't go back, Shannon." Landon stated honestly. He didn't want to see her hurt again. The bruise on her face didn't take away from her looks, but it made him sad.

AJ turned to see Ben now sitting at the bar. She walked over to him, a fake smile on her face. "What's your pleasure, sir?" She wanted to get out of here, get away from all these creepy people. But Ben was different. he was actually a nice guy.

After spending a while talking to the police, they were allowed to leave. "Um...could I buy you coffee?"

ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:46 pm

"I wasn't planning on it." Shannon assured him, "After this," She pointed to her cheek, "No way in hell." She didn't care about her swearing since that was how she felt.

Ben somehow could tell something was off with her. The smile she wore wasn't like the ones he had seen before. He lost his train of thought for moment, "Just a beer." He answered before asking, "So, this is where you work?"

Stephanie smiled softly, at least one of the officers were nice enough to let her have the notepad she had used, but she mouthed anyway, Sure.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Landon nodded. "Good." He drank his Mountain Dew. "What about your clothes and your stuff?"

AJ gave him a beer and sighed. "Yeah..." She was embarrassed about it, but didn't want him to know that. She threw him another smile and poured herself a vodka.

Mitch smiled and led her to his car, driving them to the local cafe. After ordering, he looked back to her. "Are you knew in town?"
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Shannon thought a moment, "I could sneak over there when he's at work, get all my things." Then she wondered, where was she going to stay? She wasn't going to impose on Landon by asking if she could stay with him. She just met him anyway.

Ben sipped his beer before asking, concerned, "You all right? You seem...on edge."

Time for the notepad, Stephanie thought before writing, Nope. I've lived here since I was about five. What about you?
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Landon nodded thoughtfully. "You can stay here until you find a place. If you want, that is." He didn't want to try and force her into anything, although he wouldn't mind having a roommate.

AJ downed the vodka and studied him. "Working for all these pervs kinda puts me there." She told him, needing another drink.

"About a year, and I already hate it." Mitch grinned, even though he was telling the truth. It was a crappy town with nothing to do, and no one to hang out with.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:32 pm

Shannon was a little surprised, "Oh, wow, that's...very nice of you." Then she smiled genuinely. Maybe the torment of living with Kyle was finally over.

Ben glanced around, "Can't say that I blame you, darlin'." He realized what he said, but he wasn't about to take it back. That would make it worse.

Stephanie half-smirked, Yeah, it's kind of dull around here, but...nevermind. There really isn't much that's good in this town.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Landon smiled at her. "It's no problem. I would love to have a roommate. It gets boring here." She would be the perfect roommate, he thought.

AJ gave him a sad smile. "My shifts over, so I'm leaving." She grabbed her jacket, threw it on, and ran out the door, needing air before she threw up.

Mitch laughed. "Yeah, I noticed that. But you, you are worth getting to know better," He told her, grinning. She was cool, nice. Unlike most people in this town.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Shannon took another drink of her water, thinking of how interesting that would be. "I suppose it would after a while."

Ben forgot about his beer and joined her outside to make sure she was okay. He didn't say anything though. For some reason, he already felt like an idiot.

Stephanie smiled, Really now? I had no idea I was that interesting. She was joking, of course, but sarcasm or a humorous tone was hard to put on paper.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Landon just watched her, not saying anything. She seemed to be thinking and he didn't want to interrupt. He wondered if she had markings anywhere else, from where the man had hurt her.

AJ bent over, feeling really sick. After a few minutes, she stood up, and shivered as she wiped sweat from her forehead.

Mitch laughed, getting the humor in her written words. "You are." And she was, well so far anyway.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 pm

Shannon noticed he was looking at her, and glanced at him with an interested look, "What're you thinking?" She asked casually.

Ben wasn't sure what to do before asking, feeling lame as he did so, "Can I help?"

Stephanie wrote with a small smile, Just saying, you are too.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:27 pm

Landon watched her. "Did he hurt you more, other than the bruise on your face? He hoped she said no.

AJ nodded and reached for his hand, just holding it tightly. She was still shivering.

Derek blushed slightly. "Thanks." he drank his coffee and just watched her. She was really pretty.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:40 pm

Shannon pursed her lips and sighed, "Yes, um..." She turned her wrists over to show faint red marks, and then tilted her head to the side to show a similar mark on her neck. She felt...ashamed, somehow, that she let Kyle do that to her.

Ben held her hand just as tightly, telling her without saying that it was okay now.

Stephanie arched an eyebrow, but had a smile on her face, Do I have something on my face? She mouthed jokingly before taking a sip of her coffee.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:04 am

Landon shook his head. "I really wanna punch that guy in the face, Shannon." Landon was really mad that someone would ever hurt her.

AJ finally calmed down. Her breathing slowed, but she kept shivering. She still held tight to Ben's hand, not knowing what to say.

Mitch laughed. "Nope, just cuteness." He winked and drank some more of his coffee.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Silent~Archer~ Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:15 am

"I wouldn't stop you." Shannon said, drawing her knees up underneath her. Her eyes were slightly downcast, though she would not let herself cry. She had to be strong, otherwise she'd surely crack.

Ben wrapped an arm around her shoulders loosely so she could move if she wanted. He didn't like seeing her like this. Not one bit. He couldn't say that it was all right to her. How would he know? That could be a lie.

Stephanie blushed faintly, but the smile was still on her lips. She never got a compliment like that before, and it was a pleasant surprise.
~Silent~Archer~
~Silent~Archer~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next