the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to December Deviation

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Back to December Deviation Empty Back to December Deviation

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:00 pm

This is a deviation of a chat that !nspired made, and I was given permission to do this by her in all her magnificence. Me and Spired were talking, and we missed our charries that were in this chat, Kale and Merrideth, so we decided we'd do this. In this one, we will be starting from the very begining to the day they met and work our way up to the December ball. You may follow along if you wish, and if you're curious, the link to the old chat is right over there
----> http://thecharacterchatrevo.niceboards.org/t621-back-to-december

Let the Roman Ants begin!

Back to top Go down

Back to December Deviation Empty Re: Back to December Deviation

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:31 pm

Kale ran a hand through his hair as he looked up at the store sign of the emprorium. This was the place. He grumbled and shuffled inside, looking around as he went to the counter to see if he could find the manager. He had an interview for a job there, not that he exactly wanted to work at an emporium. But it was better than working at, say, McDonalds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Meredith was working at the counter, and finished up a call as Kale walked in. She was scribbling something down on a memo pad when he reached the counter, and as she looked up, tucked the pencil behind her ear. One of her usual, warm smiles came to her face.

"Hi there. May I help you?" She asked, thinking how he was kind of cute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Kale looked up at her and gave his usual lopsided grin. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. She was hot. "I'm looking for the manager. I uh have an interview, um..today." Wow, what a way to make a fool of yourself in front of the hot girl. Smooth Fedex. He managed to keep the blush from his face and cleared his throat. "Sorry, I just moved here and I'm not...quiet comfortable yet."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Meredith giggled slightly when he blushed, and sorted through some papers. "So you must be," She paused, afraid to mis-pronounce his name. "Kale Reddington?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Kale gave a nod. "That's me," he said giving another lopsided smile. His eyes looked her over, liking everything they saw. He really was hoping he got the job now, and if the stars were on his side, he'd get the same shift as her. "What's your name?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Meredith blushed herself when she saw the way he was looking at her and looked down. "Meredith...I'll go tell the manager you're here," She said, really not wanting to lose his attention, but not wanting to act like an idiot in front of him. A blush meant she was on her way there. She turned and knocked on the door behind the counter. "Mr. Cicili! Your interviewee is here."

There was a muffled reply. She turned back to Kale, and motioned for him to come behind the counter and go inside the door. "He's ready for you. Good luck." She smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Kale grinned at her, not paying attention as he accidently ran into the door. She obviously hadn't kept it open. He blushed slightly and cleared his throat, straightening himself out before he disapeared inside the office. Almost twenty minutes later Kale came out grinning like an idiot and chuckling, Mr. Cicili was laughing hard inside his office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Meredith looked up from the papers she was working through. She smiled when she saw that /Kale/ was grinning. That must be a good sign...but just in case it wasn't for some odd reason, she asked "So, how'd it go?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:15 pm

Kale looked over at her and smiled a bit wider. "I got the job," he said and made his way to the otherside of the counter, then leaned over it, his arms resting on its top and his hands clasped together. "So when do I start?" He asked with a lopsided grin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Meredith held back a beam, subduing it to just a smile. She slid a paper across to him that had information about the job, what he should wear, what days he'd work. "Tomorrow. 4 'o clock." She glanced down and her smile widened. "Looks like you'll be my shift buddy."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Kale grinned even more as his eyes fell on hers and tried to not let his mouth drop open. Her eyes were breath taking. "Well, Merrideth, I'm sure it'll be a pleasure working with you," he chuckled as he sat up slightly. "Can I ask you to show me my duties now? Or do I have to wait until tomorrow?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:32 pm

"I suppose," Meredith dragged the word out. "...I can show you now." She came out from behind the counter and gestured to the shelves. "You'll be making sure that the knick knacks are organized-looking. It used to me my job, and I figured out a system...but I'll save that for another day. Also, you'll unload things from the back room, onto the empty shelves."

Meredith pointed to the door that led to the back, then went back and leaned against the counter, with a smile."Questions?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Kale watched, listening intently. When she went back to the counter he smiled and leaned against it next to her. "Ya, I got one," he glanced at her with mischief in his eye. "You got a boyfriend?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Meredith blushed, looking at him in surprise. "Um..."
She turned to the counter and started shuffling papers nervously. "No...I don't."
Stupid nerves, She thought. Now she looked like an idiot. But that wasn't a question she was used to hearing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Kale smiled even more as he then turned and watched her. "Well, what are you doing tonight?" he asked with a raised brow. Maybe it was a little to foreward, but it was Kale's way. He never was one to drag out the pain stakingly terrible moments of wondering whether or not he should ask. He figured, he'd ask, and then if he got shot down, he got shot down. And, if he asked early on, he wouldn't have to worry about developing a crush on her before asking her out and get hurt when she shot him down. It was really an ingenious idea that he wondered why most guys didn't impliment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:54 pm

(That made me lol)

Meredith's jaw dropped slightly. "Wha --" Stop talking Meredith, he really did just ask that. She looked down at papers on the counter and played with the corner of one. "I'm...feeding my fish."

Why did she say that?! Now she looked like even more of a loser.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:02 pm

Kale smiled, fighting a chuckle as he watched her. "Well, if you're not to busy tonight after feeding your fish, would you like to go do something with me tonight?" He was still cracking up inside. She was....cute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Meredith looked up at him, smiling curiously. He wanted to do something with a girl who considered feeding her fish 'something to do'? "Oh-Okay. What time?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:17 pm

"How about we meet back here around...seven?" Kale asked with a smile, his eyes playful yet absolutely serious. "And wear something you can get dirty, alright?" he grabbed one of her flyns (funky little yellow notes) and wrote his number down on it. He pushed it gently under her fingers, his eyes almost sparkling with excitement. "I'll see you then," he turned and started to whistle as he walked towards the door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:23 pm

(flyns. haha)

Meredith watched after him until he was out of sight, completely not registering what had just happened. Did they have a ... date? She stared down at the flyn in her fingers, a smile slowly growing on her face....

(skip to later?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:39 pm

At precisely seven, Kale rounded the corner to the little knick-knack shop at which he now worked. His hands were in his pockets and he was whistling Make Believe from the musical Showboat. He wondered if she'd actually show up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Meredith showed up exactly five minutes later, having calculated what would be "Fashionably late." A smile came to her face as she spotted Kale and walked over to him, dressed in clothes she could get 'dirty.' "Hi."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Kale smiled, shoving off from the wall he had been leaning on. "Well hi," he chuckled and appraised her. "Ready to get dirty?" he asked with a wink. This was going to be a good night. "There's a bonefire out at the Crack. Thought we could hit that for a while."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Meredith blushed deeply when he made that joke, feeling like such a dork for it. Most girls knew how to handle jokes like that, but she just wasn't used to it. She nodded. "That sounds fun."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next