the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to December Deviation

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Back to December Deviation - Page 2 Empty Re: Back to December Deviation

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Kale grinned as he watched her and gave a small nod towards the corner which he had come around. "Come on," he chuckled, gently leading her towards his beat up old Dodge pickup. It had one bench and was a stick shift and grey, the paint peeling. "This is Spot, by the way," he said as he held open the door for her and helped her in. Once she was in, he closed the door and went to the otherside, starting up the old truck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:12 pm

Meredith mentally questioned whether this was safe, this car. But she didn't say anything. "Spot. That's like a name for a dog," She muttered. Being her awkward self she had no idea what to say now. Small talk was not her forte.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Kale shrugged and pulled out of the street, the engine roaring as they went down the street. "She's a good truck. Been with me since I was sixteen," he chuckled and looked over at her. "Don't worry, she won't break down on us." He headed towards the edge of town, turning off on a dirt road that led to "The Crack." The Crack was a canyon where the best bonfires always were. "You lived here your whole life?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Meredith shook her head. "I was born in Florida, then we moved to New York, then here. Then back to New York. And now my parents are talking about moving again, but I'll be gone by then -- at college. Hopefully...How about you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:04 pm

Kale shook his head as his eyes flickered between her and the road. "Nah, just moved in two days ago. I'm from Boston," he grinned. "I was born in Jersy though, right on the coast. Grew up in Maryland, then moved to Boston when I was fifteen and now I'm here in po-dunk America."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:01 pm

"That's neat," Meredith mumbled, just waiting for the awkwardness to set in. Since awkwardness always followed her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:27 pm

Kale glanced over at her and raised a brow as he watched her. "So, how is it that a girl as pretty and quirky as you, doesn't have a boyfriend?" He asked, curiosity filling his voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:29 pm

Meredith raised her eyebrows. Quirky? That wasn't a compliment. He was probably trying to say -- "You mean, as awkward and ...awkward as me?" Yes, she said awkward twice. And she really just said awkward, even once, out loud. Now she really looked like a dork. Meredith blushed and looked out the window. "Um. I mean. I-I don't know. I just don't have one."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:38 pm

Kale grinned as he looked over at her. "Nah, there's a difference between awkward and quirky. Quirky is...cute and awkward is..well it's awkward," he chuckled and glanced back at the road. "You're quirky. And I think any man that would pass you up is a fool." He pulled over as they reached a line of cars and smiled, turning his truck off and hopping out. The air was filled with the smell of burning apple wood and the sky was now pitch black and the stars heavily dotted the sky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Meredith beamed as she got out. Kale made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside. She wanted to slap herself, because she hardly knew the guy, but...still. She was allowed to get butterflies without knowing his entire life story and everything, right? Razz She went around and met him on the other side of the car, touching his arm lightly. "You're really sweet."

She bit her lip and dropped her hand. "Should we go in now then?" AVOIDING AWKWARD MOMENT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:45 pm

Kale looked over at her and gave a lopsided grin and draped his arm over her shoulder. "Sure," he chuckled lightly, trying to keep a friendly air to the whole event. He was at least a head taller than her, maybe more. He casually sauntered over to the bonfire, knowing only his roommate out of all the people there. But, thing was, he acted as if he knew everyone and they greeted him the same way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Meredith's jaw dropped slightly when he put his arm over her shoulders, but she gulped and replaced the look of surprise with a smile. Because the butterflies in her stomach had just gotten worse. She looked around at the faces, that Kale seemed to know, even though he'd just moved here. Odd.

Her thoughts wandered. She saw the fire and everything...but what exactly did people do at parties like this? Just, talk all night?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:06 pm

"So...do you know any of these people?" Kale asked with a grin, letting his arm drop from around her shoulder. "Because I only know my roommate," he chuckled, a spark of happiness lighting up his eyes. This was more his element. This and the arts. What he wouldn't give to be back at the studio painting scenes for Oedipus Rex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:21 pm

Meredith shook her head slowly, hugging herself and rubbing her arms. She wasn't used to being around so many people she didn't know. "No, I don't. This isn't...my usual...crowd."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:27 pm

Kale looked over at her and thinking she was cold he slipped out of his jacket and draped it over her shoulders. "Oh, well, great time to meet knew people right?" He chuckled and looked around. "Oh! Hey, it's Tanner!" He gently put his hand against the small of her back and led her foreward to meet his roommate Tanner. Tanner was from New Zeland, a very ripped fellow. He called himself a Polly, which is to say a Polonesian. He was an actor, which was why him and Kale got along so well. They both appreciated the arts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:29 pm

(lol at thinking she was cold)

Meredith blinked down at the jacket over her shoulders, Kale's jacket. It...smelled like him. From what she knew. Stupid butterflies, taking over. She glanced up when they reached the dude, who she assumed to be Tanner. He was...attractive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:41 pm

Back to December Deviation - Page 2 Date-cute-guy-200X200 <----- Tanner

Kale smiled as he led her over. Tanner was standing with a group of friends and smiled widely when he saw Kale come over. "Kia ora polongi!" Tanner said smiling. Kale chuckled as they gave each other a handshake hug. "I see you have brought your work friend."
Kale nodded and stepped back by Merrideth, still grinning. "Ya, this is Merrideth. She's awesome."
"Kia ora, Merrideth," Tanner said with a wink as he reached out to shake her hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Meredith wondered how Tanner knew she was from work. Had Kale talked about her? Already? How much? Good or bad? She blinked away the questions, just in time to hear what Kale said, then Tanner.

She blushed at the wink and looked away, but shook his hand. "Nice to meet you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Tanner grinned at the color of her cheeks. "Come on Polongi, come sit down," he said to Kale. Kale led Meredith over and sat down with her in the group of people.
"So, tell me what your name is. Polongi has been secretive," Tanner chuckled as he watched Meredith. Kale was trying not to seem to...strange.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:39 pm

"Oh. Right. It's Meredith," Meredith said, blushing deeper as she realized she hadn't actually told him what it was. She pulled Kale's jacket a little tighter around her, for some reason getting comfort from it. Not that Tanner made her uncomfortable, in fact...it was the opposite. She was scared of how comfortable she was around him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:10 am

Tanner smiled warmly at her and gave a small nod. "That is a beautiful name, it fits you well," he glanced at Kale who had quickly adverted his eyes from Meredith as soon as he thought she was looking his way. "I hope that Polongi doesn't give you to much trouble," he chuckled.
Kale rolled his eyes and shook his head, a grin spreading across his face. "Just because I am a polongi, doesn't mean I don't have a name Poly."
Tanner grinned even more as Kale joked with him. "I know, your name is Kolipoki," he laughed and everyone else seemed to laugh too. Kale rolled his eyes and gestured for Meredith to come sit by him, grinning madly. He loved his roommate, it was like having a brother, but better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:55 am

Meredith carefully sat down beside him, not sure how close to sit. So she left an awkward distance between them. Such an awkward girl, that Meredith. She had no idea what Kale and Tanner were joking about, but she just smiled as if she did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Tanner chuckled, turning back to his friends and laughing with them as he told some story that Kale had no doubt heard three times before.
Kale turned to Meredith and grinned at her. "Polongi means white boy and Kolipoki means white man with weak stomach." He chuckled and shook his head. "He's a cool guy though. Best roommate I've had so far. He's in the acting buisness. He's preforming in Oedipus Rex at the old Fox theater on 2nd street on Saturday."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:04 am

"Oh," Meredith said slowly with a nod, when he explained the words. And an actor? She'd never...met one of those before. The group she hung around wasn't the acting type. More the type that was too concerned about college to do anything else. "Maybe we can go see him on Saturday, then. I mean, see his performance."

She paused a moment, realizing that sounded like she was asking him out. She wanted to add 'as friends' or something, but maybe she didn't want it that way with Kale. But then again, she barely knew him...Meredith was indecisive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:14 am

Kale looked over at her and smiled widely. "Well, I do have two tickets if you want to go," he said with a small shrug. He glanced at the sky, watching the stars. "Hey, look, it's a shooting star. Quick make a wish." He glanced back at her, watching her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next